Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply General Chatter (spam)
Tell us about your day. -cuz we love to listen- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 350 351 352 353 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love getting 10g for these poll questions? -even though its not alot-
  <333333
  gold sucks.
View Results

Ninja Baby Blues

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:01 pm
No job for me either sad But then again, I don't really want to work at fast food places, where I don't know about the processing of food/derivativeness of meat, and I'm far too much of a procrastinator to do the research at the moment :S  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:36 am
I am nineteen. I have had a few random jobs. I am working two right now. A little coffee shop downtown that is run by an old radio personality that I used to listen to growing up (lol) and I work for my University as a (kinda) Resident Assistant/Peers Councelor.

In this economy, it is not so much that places are avoiding teenagers, but placing a higher want for those who can hold full-time positions. Teenagers tend to work less hours and its not worth having on the payroll when you could have someone work 5 days a week etc.

It really helps to know someone in a business though. Like, my mom knows my boss' partner. He was telling her about them needing some help and I have been working there for like.. 3 years now? Yeah that sounds about right. But it is more seasonal employment now due to school. He keeps me on because I will make donuts at 3am in emergencies lol.

Its kinda like, a job is a job. I don't personally like waking up at 2am and being in to work at 3. But I don't complain when I have too. After all it is money in my pocket, and the donut makers make more than I do. So its kinda like extra money! (I get paid the higher wage when I work the morning shift).

Just keep hitting the pavement. You will get lucky and find a place that really needs the help, or can afford to offer a position. If your in desperate need, don't hesitate to put applications in everywhere. McDonalds may not be the ideal place to work, but there are more opportunities for pay raises in corporations like that.

AND You thought you ranted! Muahaha.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:45 pm
So...

Your captain has a boy.

She really likes her boy. smile

That is all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:45 pm
I posted another story smile (a story I'm very proud of!).

Also... I ate a hot pepper not knowing it was a hot pepper. Did you know that WATER DOES NOT HELP? Or at least not enough... Hothothothot! burning_eyes And I just lost the game.  

Ninja Baby Blues

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:54 pm
Aww! Yay Captain! I has a potential boy... He is a cutie anyways. 3nodding

Water is never a good idea for hot peppers. All it does is spread the Capsaicin around to more sensitive areas of the mouth; and it doesn't help that the capsaicinoids are hydrophobic and it would take massive amounts of water to dilute it enough to cleanse them from the pain receptrs.... Yeah... I like chemistry. I am a nerd in that sense. And it doesn't help that I have an Organic exam this Friday.

Try milk. Tis a good neutralizer. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:58 am
Okay, because I thought it was getting worse...
And I would have tried milk but we were out when I needed it the most O.o  

Ninja Baby Blues

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:28 am
This is my life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdzyuJJZMCI  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:42 am
Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego was one of my favorite games as a little kid. And I don't even like history!  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:27 pm
I have CLASS, and a TEST tomorrow, I don't have TIME for 90s television!

*Starts watching Liberty's Kids*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:11 pm
*Shakes fist* Why must all good television be so conveniently available on the internet? Do they have to lay out easy options for procrastinators like me? *Watches all 10 seasons of Friends*  

Ninja Baby Blues

Jellybean Disaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
OH HAY GUIZE WHATS GOIN ON IN THIS THREAD.

School and work happened, and I miss this place. A lot. ;___;  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:52 pm
*dies of headache*  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:46 pm
-revives with cookies-  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:19 pm
I had quite an average day today. Got a sunburnt lip on Thursday and it blew into a nasty blister. Today I had to go to the Orthadontist and it still hadn't heald. HURT LIKE HECK!!! And now my train tracks are tight, my teeth hurt like crazy. Also have 1/2 a ton of homework and exams to start studying for - and yet I am wasting time playing on Gaia and Facebook....heh.  

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:48 pm
So I severely burned myself at work the other day... When I opened the oven door it didn't stay secured and swung back and hit the underside of my forearm... It is a good 4-5 inches long and I have been wrapped up in gauze. It sucks because it is my right arm... which means it hurts to rest it on the table when I am trying to write, type, the like.  
General Chatter (spam)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 350 351 352 353 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games