Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply General Chatter (spam)
Tell us about your day. -cuz we love to listen- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love getting 10g for these poll questions? -even though its not alot-
  <333333
  gold sucks.
View Results

Jellybean Disaster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 am
Serenity Reed
E3 E3 E3 E3 E3

I'm glad I'm not the only one paying attention to this. *_*  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:54 pm
Jellybean Disaster
Serenity Reed
E3 E3 E3 E3 E3

I'm glad I'm not the only one paying attention to this. *_*

Oooh, oooh, what are you excited for? 8D I'm sad about the lack of rpgs, though. V_V  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Jellybean Disaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:44 pm
This sounds lame, but I'm really pumped FF13-2. XD Maybe I should play the first one?

Also, you inspired me to make a website!

http://www.wix.com/autumnleora/autumnleora  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:21 am
Jellybean Disaster
This sounds lame, but I'm really pumped FF13-2. XD Maybe I should play the first one?

Ah, I'm so excited for FF13-2. =3 I have to finish the last part of the first though. Better get on that...

Oh my GOSH! That is a beautiful site! You've done so well. =3 Ah! I love it. This reminds me that I should make one for my art...  

Serenity Reed
Crew

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:51 pm
You guys watched E3 too!?!?!?!

I'm excited for Battlefield 3. 64 people battles on my super duper PC, and they even have jets! So I can zoom around in the sky and blow people to pieces 3nodding

Oh, and Luigi's Mansion 2 was a surprise. I loved quirky little adventure games like that xd

Jellybean Disaster

Is that your picture on the website? *Grants you points for being attractive*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:14 pm
BlackHawkGS
You guys watched E3 too!?!?!?!

I'm excited for Battlefield 3. 64 people battles on my super duper PC, and they even have jets! So I can zoom around in the sky and blow people to pieces 3nodding

Oh, and Luigi's Mansion 2 was a surprise. I loved quirky little adventure games like that xd

Jellybean Disaster

Is that your picture on the website? *Grants you points for being attractive*

It is me, yes~! AW SHUCKS, thanks. : D  

Jellybean Disaster

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:37 pm
Hawk, you are such a flirt. :p  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:23 pm
Aww you guyz~

Just want to say, don't give up on writing. I mean, really. Even if you don't think you have time for it, or haven't written in months, don't let it stop you.

Did I mention that the first thing I've written since like February is potentially going to be published? Cross your fingers that the company likes it...!  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:29 pm
Reed, I totally just tried to like your post. What has Facebook done to me....! gonk Anyways... all fingers and toes crossed for you. If you do get published, let us all know and we will have a party!

And I wouldn't say I have given up on writing... I still have one liners now and again. I just have focused a lot more on my photography lately... and taken a huge interest in cinematography.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:34 am
Ha ha. X3 I ended up getting second place, but I'm glad that someone gets the change anyway--considering it was a short story meant to fit into an already established universe, it was hard to get past the worry of what was or wasn't canon. I'm kind of glad that I just got second place, so I don't have to worry about that, though they did state that just because you were included in the story collection didn't mean you were all canon. Sigh. V_V Here's to a real first try, eventually, to get published!

Oooh, that sounds lovely, Tak. =3 If I ever need a photo for a design, could I look you up? I plan to stop being broke soon. =3  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:41 pm
Aww. Well if I am ever good enough for some actual photographic designs, I would take you up on that. I have a good eye for things, but not so much at manipulations. That is why I love cinematography. A lot of the shorts I have made for class have been focused on personality traits and how they are reflected through small gestures etc. My professor had me film them without audio, so you are forced to focus on everything in the absence of sound.

I also have a really good idea for my 15 minute capstone project but I am not sure he will let me do it. I can't wait to write it though.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:27 am
*flails* Eee. Even though I got second place, they're still viewing my work! Jim told me not to freak out, but I was also asked to do a book cover! Oh God! I'm suddenly professional! What happened?
I do designwork a lot. It's hard. I must take classes! Yuss.

That sounds really interesting, and useful. Are there any other projects you've done/are doing, aside from the previously mentioned? Good luck with it, by the way. =3

Speaking from the last class I had, I still hate the part of the design process where everyone shoots down your ideas. When it's Char, it's totally okay, but when your entire class essentially tells you your idea is ridiculous? It's like, hello, you guys barely have anything. Literally. I'm the only one with a concrete idea with no ums for this project, and you're telling me mine is the worst because you guys don't like owls? And you think the creepy science experiment brain with animals grafted to it is the best?! Are you people insane? Perhaps YOU have animals grafted to your brain. It certainly explains THIS idea.

God, what a horrible class. The professor ALWAYS walked in when I wasn't working, and never when I was painting glorious lionfish on the walls beneath waves inspired by Hokusai. Hey, I've been painting for three hours! I think I'll take a bathroom break! And of course I return and she's like "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YOUR GRADE IS GOING DOWN IF YOU DON'T PARTICIPATE THIS IS LIKE A REAL JOB YOU KNOW" and I'm like YOU ARE SO LUCKY I LIKE YOU. BECAUSE THIS IS REALLY UNFAIR. I did those lionfish. The ones you complimented? Yeah, that was me. I began immediately after you left once, and finished moments before you returned. So you never SAW the product or me painting, but trust me. I did like, the second half of this, between all the times you shuffled me around to work for people who didn't need me. The only time my ideas were ever considered? YOU walked in and changed the idea completely, essentially, "HEY YOU GUYS THIS WOULD LOOK PRETTY COOL" and our leader said 'uh okay' and you were like "FABULOUS GET TO IT YOU HAVE LIKE A DAY TO FINISH THIS DESIGN also Emily get to work, I know I sent you to the library and you just got back and you don't know what's going on because I changed the entire idea just now, and now everything you just did for us was pointless but seriously get to work your grade is SINKING GIRL" and I'm like
IF THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE HAVING A JOB THEN I THINK I'LL JUST KILL MYSELF NOW

I ended up with a B (brought up from a D) after everyone realized I could mix paint like a bamf. Literally, the last day, we had two hours left, and I mixed almost 20 paints almost nonstop. And Daniel was like, If we didn't have you this never would have worked out, since we all take like forty minutes to do what you can do in barely ten. And professor was all like SO PROUD OF YOU YOU IMPROVED SO MUCH and I was just like UH THANKS EVEN THOUGH TECHNICALLY IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR THAT.

So, you guys. When your boss keeps walking in on your break time, just don't take a break! Paint for 10 hours straight with only a short lunch break, and you'll ALWAYS be caught working! Weeeee! Who cares if you're almost crying and only get four hours of sleep each night because you're so stressed, and you can't eat anything on those breaks because everything smells like paint and you're too stressed anyway so you just cuddle your roommate for next year and try not to sob because you have to return to the painting in five minutes and the paint stains won't come off and I forgot to use the bathroom again and I haven't used it since last night before I tossed and turned for five hours and did I mention that I'm sick and exhausted and in emotional turmoil because I realized I was in love with someone who will NEVER notice me and has a girlfriend already and Mom keeps yelling because I keep working for free and GASSPPPPPPPPPP

God that was the best two weeks I've ever had. Never again.  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:07 pm
Work work work work work  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:06 pm
Deathly Hallows.

I HAVE NO WORDS.

Spastic waffles
Captain

Jellybean Disaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:14 am
Hmm, so once a upon a time, in another life (and by another life, I mean...like, 3 years ago), I was a fashion design major. They made us take these design courses, all of which were only offered one day a week, and for four hours.

Now, I don't know about you, but I suffer from some serious ADHD - I can't be in one room drawing s**t for four hours. I just can't - in fact, I don't think ANYONE can, regardless of their mental state. That said, they took off points if you left early/came late, and if you missed 3 classes, you were awarded an F. All of this was, in retrospect, fair. But goddamn, those classes were some of the worst in my life. Everything was just straight up POINTLESS. I remember spending several hours just cutting s**t up and gluing it on posterboard, only to be critiqued for an ungodly two hour criticism session.

Anyway, long story short, Emily, I RELATE, MAN (kind of).  
General Chatter (spam)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff