Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply General Chatter (spam)
Tell us about your day. -cuz we love to listen- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 349 350 351 352 353 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love getting 10g for these poll questions? -even though its not alot-
  <333333
  gold sucks.
View Results

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:31 am
Hello Turnilk! Sorry for the late reply--all of us have been seriously busy! But anything you post or want to post is okay. =3 Welcome to the guild! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:21 am
Serenity Reed
Hello Turnilk! Sorry for the late reply--all of us have been seriously busy! But anything you post or want to post is okay. =3 Welcome to the guild! heart

And I almost thought you all ran into hiding rofl

I'm still looking around. Theres a lot of talented people here. Some of the things I was going to post on are about two or three years though sweatdrop  

Turnilk

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:24 am
Ah, I know! It's very sad. V_V It all went downhill with the advent of college.

What do you like to write, exactly?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:43 am
Serenity Reed
Ah, I know! It's very sad. V_V It all went downhill with the advent of college.

What do you like to write, exactly?

Collage? Education is more important than logging onto Gaia so I don't mind be ignored for a while.

I like to write fantasy and sci-fi mostly, but I have written something in almost all categories of writing. Making things up is much easier for me than writing something based on reality.  

Turnilk

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:46 am
There's a nice group of fantasy writers on here! It's my favorite genre, actually. All of the stuff I've posted on here is pretty much fantasy. And old, but that doesn't really matter. I would totally read like everything on here if it weren't for my work. V_V Sighhhhhhhh
My book is looking really sorry right about now. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:56 am
If its really long you could turn it into more than just one book. Everything I attempt turns out like that. I keep adding things because I can't stop thinking what happens after that story ends and what happened to lead up to that point in time and I dislike writin pre-quals @_@ I hit a standstill about six monthes ago.  

Turnilk

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:10 pm
I know the feeling. Actually I've already turned it into multiple books, simply because it got so long. XD
I find just sitting down to force yourself really helps, though I haven't actually gotten much done recently. Between my work, Minecraft, more work, and working on the webcomic, I've had so very little time to do anything, even though school is out. 8u  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:22 pm
Serenity Reed
I know the feeling. Actually I've already turned it into multiple books, simply because it got so long. XD
I find just sitting down to force yourself really helps, though I haven't actually gotten much done recently. Between my work, Minecraft, more work, and working on the webcomic, I've had so very little time to do anything, even though school is out. 8u

I never really need to force myself to write. Almost every day something pops into my head. Good or bad there is usually something there. I just have a very short attention span.

Webcomics are cool. Thought about makingone too, but I'm no artist xp  

Turnilk

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:27 pm
I too have a short attention span. V_V I get interested in things in intervals, so once the span of interest is up I just move onto the next thing. I have a procrastination problem. However, it's not really a problem because I usually do something else I need to do. Writing just hasn't been one of those things, unless you count the webcomic, which I'm not actually the head writer of.

I'm only decent at art, siiiiigh. Because of the webcomic I've been trying to improve myself, which takes a lot of time and practice. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:36 pm
Serenity Reed
I too have a short attention span. V_V I get interested in things in intervals, so once the span of interest is up I just move onto the next thing. I have a procrastination problem. However, it's not really a problem because I usually do something else I need to do. Writing just hasn't been one of those things, unless you count the webcomic, which I'm not actually the head writer of.

I'm only decent at art, siiiiigh. Because of the webcomic I've been trying to improve myself, which takes a lot of time and practice. XD

Whenever I try self improvement I procrastinate XD

I thought webcomics were written by one person each. Didn't think whole teams were behind them. Do you help tell the artists what they need to draw or come up with scenes or...? I'm not exactly sure how comic teams work >.<  

Turnilk

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:46 pm
Oh, self-improvement. XD So far away!

Well, it depends. It's actually just me and charbookwyrm, who is also in the guild. We write together, though she does the actual writing, like scripts and stuff. I'm mainly doing art. So we're the main people of the 'team', though we have a code monkey and an excitable 'extra stuff' person who, while not directly involved with the comic, work on the site. It's all still in progress though.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:59 pm
Serenity Reed
Oh, self-improvement. XD So far away!

Well, it depends. It's actually just me and charbookwyrm, who is also in the guild. We write together, though she does the actual writing, like scripts and stuff. I'm mainly doing art. So we're the main people of the 'team', though we have a code monkey and an excitable 'extra stuff' person who, while not directly involved with the comic, work on the site. It's all still in progress though.

I'm going to guess its a little easier to work in a smaller group than a big one. The more people there are, the more work you have to put into making sure everyone is on the same page and that could possibly take away from time working on the comic itself.

I don't think I could work in a group of more than three. Too many ideas going into on thing and I feel like my brain is going to explode.  

Turnilk

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:05 pm
Yeah, smaller groups are easier. I worked with a class on a job for our school last year, and it was so awful that I knew then and there that I never wanted to work with such a huge group ever again. *shudder* I hate group projects, at least with people I don't know. For big stuff, like events at school, I'm perfectly okay with lots of people working and throwing ideas around, because there's way too much work in administration for a small group to do.
Then again I think it also depends on if I know the person. I know Char pretty well, so it's easy to talk with her. =3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:26 pm
Serenity Reed
Yeah, smaller groups are easier. I worked with a class on a job for our school last year, and it was so awful that I knew then and there that I never wanted to work with such a huge group ever again. *shudder* I hate group projects, at least with people I don't know. For big stuff, like events at school, I'm perfectly okay with lots of people working and throwing ideas around, because there's way too much work in administration for a small group to do.
Then again I think it also depends on if I know the person. I know Char pretty well, so it's easy to talk with her. =3

Class projects where the teacher assigns groups is a little worse than ones where you get to pick your own. Like you said, its easier to work with those you know rather than those you don't. On large projects, I'd prefer to do anything except for leading and coordinating people. Not one of my strong suits sweatdrop  

Turnilk

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:31 pm
Turnilk

Class projects where the teacher assigns groups is a little worse than ones where you get to pick your own. Like you said, its easier to work with those you know rather than those you don't. On large projects, I'd prefer to do anything except for leading and coordinating people. Not one of my strong suits sweatdrop

I am good at getting things done quickly. Not always on time, but quickly. XD
Unless it's writing. I'm pretty awful about actually writing stuff down.  
General Chatter (spam)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 349 350 351 352 353 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff