Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... 554 555 556 557 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:08 pm
Their destination was filled with gorgeous views as the sky rail revealed. As the the thing started she held on to a hand tie but let go as she got used to the speed. She was able to walk around a little since she focused on manipulating the shadow under her feet to be sticky as tar. She noticed the ancient numbers, or at least she thought they were numbers. If she had more time to look at them she could probably them. Her ancestral connection could tell her that they were numbers but that was the extent of it at the moment. She wondered why the areas were numbered.

Then Adam did the whole intimidation routine. She wasn't phased by it, pretty much a similar thing she would do if she were in his position. Though she did quirk her eyebrow at the mention of mythrill. She thought there may have been a Tolkein influence. But how could that be since this island is pretty much cut off from the rest of the world? Perhaps an odd coincidence. Though she did think of the armor that her ancestor was buried in, the metal was unidentifiable. She wondered briefly if that too was mythrill. As much as her dad wanted to take that home from one of excavations, it's currently on display at the history museum. She remembered when the only way she felt connected to her ancestor was by looking at it in the museum.

When Adam was done. "I can speak for myself you have nothing to worry about from me. I'm pretty much here to do whatever I can to help."

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:56 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

Alec sighed with some exhaustion. He rolled his head over toward Deora and asked, "I'm sorry, all this excitement and we've barely spoken. How have things been for you over the last month?"

Deora Alvarez

Kerana heard a ping from her phone. She thought for certain it was Trinity texting her thanks for the warning. When she looked at her phone she saw the dreaded red text "
[ ! ] Undelivered". Her ears lowered "uh oh…" she tried to resend it a couple of times but alas no luck. Kerana frowned. "It looks like she doesn't have signal out there… now what? How do we warn her if she can't be reached?"

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:16 pm
The Count of Monte Carlo
The static produced by Ako's now bad mood caused the reception of his admirably toughened phone to fade in and out as Gidget fully explained the situation. He didn't like it, in fact, he hated it, but getting mad at Gidget wouldn't help. That Theonis kid had been put in charge of Valhalla, so he would just assume it was the kid's fault and leave it at that. He could at least agree with her last statement.

With a calming breath that ended up being a sigh, he answered her. "Yeah, I'll be there in a few minutes. Remember to wear tough clothes, and grab a helmet, just in case. The drivers out here today are crazy."

Gidget sighed with relief. "Great! I'll see you up there, Hotness."

After securing her equipment, and then the lab, she hurried off to her room to change. She found the note Ako mentioned. Her face flushed a little bit when she realized that it would have been read in good time had she gotten her a** out of the lab.

She went to what she called the "select-a-swag" and picked out a cute lady's biker outfit that was primarily black with pink borders. It didn't take long for her to throw her clothes off and clean up. She had gotten good at tidying up quickly after a day in the workshop.

After getting dressed, she snatched up the helmet Ako had helped her pick out and rushed up to the surface while tying her hair into a low ponytail.

Gidget stood at the entrance of the University's main building with a big smile on her face. She could hardly contain her self and began bouncing in place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:27 pm
Nova Blancke
"According to Trinity's mentor the person that took Helena will use her to gain entrance to where they are going. It is just a speculation at this point but it is also all we have." Theonis planted his elbows on the table and crossed his fingers as he leaning on his hands. This could be ....tricky. He didn't want to nor could tell Charles where it was. He didn't even know where it was.

"We need prior clearance to land or go anywhere near that island. I do not know where it is nor how to contact them. They've been off the grid as long as anyone can remember. With all the satellites looming over us it hasn't even been discovered yet. I am expecting Liv to return shortly. She is the teleporter that brought Freya and Trinity to their destination."

Charles spat, "That's absurd! How could she possibly subvert the security of an island that is essentially invisible? She's just a reptile-girl. The most she could probably do is blend into the surroundings like a chameleon."  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:48 pm
"No, she is not. She has...evolved. Dragon-girl would be a far better description. It also gave her the ability to fully transform into a dragon. That was one of the reasons she was in isolation because she couldn't control that very well. In that state she was much more prone to violent tendencies. And the last thing I want is her losing control and burning the place down." Theonis answered.

"The place where she is headed belongs to Trinity's mentor's clan. And from what I gather.....a dragon is considered a kind of deity."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:57 pm
PixelMuse
When Adam was done. "I can speak for myself you have nothing to worry about from me. I'm pretty much here to do whatever I can to help."

Adam chuckled, "Thought as much. I think we're gonna get along great."

He then turned his attention to Freya, who was still looking for new things.

"You'll be happy to know that meat that you like so much is back in season. We can head to the commissary district once this whole mess is done"

Freya spun around and clapped her hands happily. "Ohmygosh! I thought it'd be another month at least."

She looked to her companions like an overly excited puppy, her tail wagging with joy. "They have these crazy huge bores in the forests bordering the city. Problem is that they sorta breed like rabbits. So twice a year they go on this massive hunt they call the 'culling of the hogs.' You guys have gotta try some. It's stupid tasty!"

Adam couldn't help but laugh heartily at his sister in law's antics. "You're still the same kid I met almost fifty years ago."

Freya flattened her ears and growled at Adam. There was a hint of playfulness to her tone. "Shut up, dummy! I'm plenty grown."

It didn't take long for them to reach their destination with how fast they were traveling. They sailed straight into the massive citadel with a calm deceleration. The doors slid open and Adam led the way.

Life was continuing as usual in the citadel. Scribes, assistants, soldiers, artists, and many other walks of Elfin life strode the halls in a calm hurry. They only momentarily looked up at the strangers. Their attention went back to their own business once they saw that the outsiders were being accompanied by the Queen's sister and husband.

As they approach the entrance to the grand hall, the pair guards snapped to attention and brought their halberds to present. Adam sighed and saluted, causing them to drop their weapons to order.

He turned and addressed the two newcomers.

"Okay. This is where I leave you. Mind your p's and q's, don't make any aggressive actions, and tell the truth. Just do that and things will be just fine. Easy peasy, right?" he said with a smile.

Rikki Tikki Travi

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:19 pm
Neither Ako's cautious paranoia or the news he'd just heard could keep a smile off his face as he donned his helmet and got back on the bike. Even when a sudden movement from a car behind him made him check his mirrors again and again, the smile always came back when he remembered who he was riding towards. Some how, he thought everything would be okay as soon as he picked her up.

As he approached the university entrance and she came into view, he couldn't help but chuckle. The form-hugging lines of her riding outfit were very pleasing to his eyes, but they contrasted with the girlish way she was bouncing in place. On the ride over, it hadn't occurred to him that she was just as eager to ride with him as he was to give her a ride.

He rolled to a stop in front of her, the v-twin engine settling to a low rumble as he planted a foot on either side. He noticed she was holding the helmet he'd helped her choose, and nodded. He had gotten her a half helmet like his, but hers had a bit of flair, where his was plain matte black, with a few scuffs. While half helmets didn't offer the most protection in a crash, they didn't have to worry about that too much, with their meta-human resilience. Besides, this way they could talk without needing an intercom system, and Gidget's hair wouldn't get to ruffed up. He raised his voice just a little to be heard over the engine as he said; "You look good."

((Edited this to fluff it up a bit, and made a minor edit to a previous post to make it work))  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:37 pm
Nova Blancke
"No, she is not. She has...evolved. Dragon-girl would be a far better description. It also gave her the ability to fully transform into a dragon. That was one of the reasons she was in isolation because she couldn't control that very well. In that state she was much more prone to violent tendencies. And the last thing I want is her losing control and burning the place down." Theonis answered.

"The place where she is headed belongs to Trinity's mentor's clan. And from what I gather.....a dragon is considered a kind of deity."

A look of astonishment hit Charles like a bus. He slowly sat back down in his seat before smiling awkwardly and chuckling softly.

"Eh-heh, please excuse me. The irony of the situation just occurred to me. Years ago, just before she left, she called me a hoarding dragon. And now..."

"I have all this money, all these connections, but I cannot do anything for my only child."
he muttered despondently.

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:46 pm
The Count of Monte Carlo
He rolled to a stop in front of her, the v-twin engine settling to a low rumble as he planted a foot on either side. He noticed she was holding the helmet he'd helped her choose, and nodded. He had gotten her a half helmet like his, but hers had a bit of flair, where his was plain matte black, with a few scuffs. While half helmets didn't offer the most protection in a crash, they didn't have to worry about that too much, with their meta-human resilience. Besides, this way they could talk without needing an intercom system, and Gidget's hair wouldn't get to ruffed up. He raised his voice just a little to be heard over the engine as he said; "You look good."

She winked at him and playfully cooed, "Tell me something new."

She climbed onto the bike behind him and secured her helmet. She then scoot a little bit closer and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I'm ready for you." she sang in his ear.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:42 am
"I won't...pretend to know what you are feeling right now" Theo commented after a brief silence. " Nor do I know how long you have left or how long this will take. I can only hope Trinity manages to bring her back quickly. But in the meantime, perhaps it really is for the best if you leave a message for her."

"Wait...fifty? Huh, you don't look the part." Liv commented surprised when she heard about Freya's age. She later nodded at Adam's brief explanation. Not like she had anything to ask or say to her.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:03 pm
Trinity raised an eyebrow as he mentioned that he knew her sensei as a child 50 years ago. Neither of them looked anywhere near close to 50, she hoped that she too had this trait, and so far although she is 30 she still looked 21 it's a good start so far. She responded to what Adam said, she nodded and agreed with him, "Easy peasy."

Trinity and the others entered the hall. Though this was not the first high official she has met, she couldn't help but feel a little nervous. Even if it was Freya's sister. Freya on the other hand seemed calm and at home. She had to admit she would have never pegged Freya for the royal lifestyle, Teshomaru on the other her hand more likely.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:06 pm
Kerana

Kerana heard a ping from her phone. She thought for certain it was Trinity texting her thanks for the warning. When she looked at her phone she saw the dreaded red text "
[ ! ] Undelivered". Her ears lowered "uh oh…" she tried to resend it a couple of times but alas no luck. Kerana frowned. "It looks like she doesn't have signal out there… now what? How do we warn her if she can't be reached?"

Alec shook his head. "We'd need some kind of incredibly powerful psychic for that. I don't know anyone like that."

Deora Alvarez

Rikki Tikki Travi

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:35 pm
The feeling of Gidget holding on to him made Ako's heart race more than the earlier chase had. He revved the bike's v-twin once and pulled away from the curb, merging smoothly into traffic. He tried to keep the ride smooth with new passengers. He planned to take her down some of the curvier back roads on the outskirts of town, maybe stop at one of the small diners he'd seen out there, but he'd save the high-speed riding for later. For now, he'd let her take in the sights of the city like only the open space of a motorcycle can give. With no roof or walls around them, it was easier to see everything.

(Going to go ahead and say, I didn't really have a plan for this. I can bring in the mustang guy for a chase, but I don't know if Gidget would be able to do anything. If you've got something in mind, let me know.)
((And was Deora still in the room with Kerana and Alec? Or was she waiting out in the hall?))  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:29 am
Adam nodded and smiled kindly to the women. He had a good feeling they'd be just fine. He bowed politely and excused himself just as the doors to the grand hall crept open to allow passage the the visitors.

The hall itself wasn't as lavish as it once was. It now looked like a large command center with dozens of computers and monitors with an elf stationed at each one. The monitors displayed different information per station. Economic flows, weather patterns, animal migration movements, reports from various emergency organizations, and real time surveillance of the ocean below them.

The thrones that most people would expect to be at the opposite end of the hall had been replaced by a single, large, and seemingly comfortable chair that had a back which swooped over the head of the woman sitting within it.

She uncrossed her legs and lifted herself from the chair in a single, graceful motion. The Queen stepped out of the chairs overcast and made herself fully visible to the visitors. She was the picture of fair skinned, dark haired, Elfin beauty. While not endowed with an hourglass figure, she wore a stunning dress that complimented her modest silhouette very well. Her chestnut brown hair lay in was braided around over her ears but fell like a curtain behind her. In place of a crown was a mithril tiara adorned with jade gems.

Before she could take a breath to utter a syllable, Freya licked her lips and dashed toward her sister with a speed unlike she had ever displayed before. One moment she was in front of Liv and Trinity/ The next she was poised in front of her sister launching her right fist toward her sibling with every ounce of her strength.

Without batting an eye (though they did seem to quiver strangely) the Queen raised her right hand and caught her sister's fist squarely within her palm. The impact decimated the chair behind her, causing it to explode in a flurry of splinters and fluff against the wall, but the Queen stood untouched.

She glanced over her shoulder and smiled lovingly to her little sister. "Better," she complimented, "But you are still one hundred years to early to best me."

Freya's arm shook as she strained to topple her sister. Yet she was smiling all the while, clearly enjoying this moment to test her might against the woman who inherited their father's title.

She laughed and hopped out of her aggressive stance, throwing her arms over her sister's shoulders in a grand embrace.

"Kaelonni!"

She laughed softly and hugged her sister in a much gentler, but by no means less loving, fashion.

"I've missed you too, Freya."

She gently stepped out of the embrace and guided Freya to her side so she may approach the strangers.

She stood a pace away from them and offered her hand. Not in a way that would suggest they kiss her rings, but rather in the more conventional way that is conducted among equals.

"I am Kaelonni Eleilya Soichi Crescent: Queen of Tal Loomi and Grand Master Ninja of the Soichi Clan. I understand you have a matter of grave importance to bring to my attention?" she asked.

Nova Blancke

Pixel Muse

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:09 pm
Nova Blancke
"I won't...pretend to know what you are feeling right now" Theo commented after a brief silence. " Nor do I know how long you have left or how long this will take. I can only hope Trinity manages to bring her back quickly. But in the meantime, perhaps it really is for the best if you leave a message for her."

Charles also suspected that Theonis also didn't care to know anything about Charles condition. Which, he figured, meant that Gidget hadn't said anything about the disease.

"Very well. I am not so endangered that I cannot wait a day or so. Please contact me the moment you hear anything about Helena."

He then stood up and reached into his suit pocket, producing a small manila envelope.

"Also, could you please forward this envelope to Miss Morris. It contains results that are of great importance to a project we have had our eye on for the past few years."
he asked while presenting the envelope to Theonis.  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... 554 555 556 557 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games