Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Random Chatter III: VENGANCE OF THE RANDOMS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:24 pm
Melody Hikari-Shinu Anson
@Tippy: I have no idea wtf glitch you're talking about, since I don't have Platina and I'm doing my best to break the traditions of buying the money-milker for myself. Emerald wasn't that great, so if anything's been called worse than it I'm going to do my best to not buy. ;>.> Not that I've heard Platina be called worse, but I don't want to like, get my hopes up or something.
But I'm enjoying hearing every little thing about HG/SS and I was wondering if anyone knows what trainer gear we'll have yet? [Pokewatch, PokeNav, or Poketch. I think the Nav in Emerald was the best, as you could actually rechallenge Gym Leaders.] ;>> There's so many things that I want to know about HGSS that I forgot a lot of them already. LOL.
But I already know what I'm naming my Trainer when I get it... I might get both, too, iunno. Depends on whether or not there will be leftover POBs like there was Giratina figures at Gamestop. [I <333 my brother for working there]

*spazz spazz* >.<;

PokéGear of course! That was confirmed ages ago~. White with pink accents for girls, and blue with white accents for boys (aka those things on Gold's right wrist and Soul's bag). But whether or not we'll still have the same cards for it (Phone, Radio, etc) remains to be seen.

As for Platinum, in my opinion, it's a nice upgrade from DP. There is no way that it is worse than Emerald unless you just outright hate the 4th gen. Platinum's storyline is a LOT better to me and there's a lot more fun trinket features (such as a back button on the Pokétch, a dude in Veilstone that tells you your Pokémon's Hidden Power types, and you get your own house after beating Cynthia). But if you're doing just fine with DP, then I probably wouldn't advise getting Platinum; At least, not at full price.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:17 pm
Lol, my Gaiaversary was last Saturday. Good job at remembering, Tippy.  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:33 pm
Golem OTCT
Hey, hey~~! I found some online scanslations of Pokemon Special! I've never had the chance to read it before. This is awesome. <3

EDIT: Daaarg. It only goes up to a little after the start of Gold's story. Oh well...

Yellow is AWESOME. <3

Pokémon...special?

Is that that Pokémon manga they've been selling at, like, Wal-mart and stuff? sweatdrop

@ Tippy - Happy late gaia-versary! xD

@ Melody -You could rechallenge GYM LEADERS in Emerald?! That sounds amazing. I would love that. Even for plot/storyline-like sake. <333

I want to be able to do that with the Vs. Seeker. Dx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:17 pm
Fox Demon Shippo
Pokémon...special?

Is that that Pokémon manga they've been selling at, like, Wal-mart and stuff? sweatdrop

P*S on Bulbapedia. I dunno if they sell it at Wal-Mart, though. And thanks~! xD  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:43 pm
Fox Demon Shippo
Golem OTCT
Hey, hey~~! I found some online scanslations of Pokemon Special! I've never had the chance to read it before. This is awesome. <3

EDIT: Daaarg. It only goes up to a little after the start of Gold's story. Oh well...

Yellow is AWESOME. <3

Pokémon...special?

@ Melody -You could rechallenge GYM LEADERS in Emerald?! That sounds amazing. I would love that. Even for plot/storyline-like sake. <333

I want to be able to do that with the Vs. Seeker. Dx

Well, like, it just has the little square pokeball icon flash next to their name when then want to rebattle you, and it's not much of a story, but you do get lv. 60 battles. =D

@Tippy: OMFG A HOUSE? WTF. WHY. MIND. ASTOUNDED. UNABLE. TO COMPREHEND.
I also have other questions about HG/SS that I'll be smart about and post in the report station. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:42 pm
@Tippy: OMFG A HOUSE? WTF. WHY. MIND. ASTOUNDED. UNABLE. TO COMPREHEND.
I also have other questions about HG/SS that I'll be smart about and post in the report station. xD

A house!

In the Resort Area (you know, with the Ribbon Syndicate) you get a villa (one that's hinted to have previously belonged to Steven Stone), and you can buy things for it and people, like your mom and Lucas and Gymleaders, come visit you. The downside is the decorations have fixed places, so you can't move them at all. :C

Serebii on the Resort Villa.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:08 pm
WALL 'O' TEXT WARNING - AHEAD!

@ Tippy - The Villa sounds AMAZING.
And I should check out that manga sometime. =3

@ Melody - So, still the Nav from Sapphire, but with the ability to battle Leaders...even though in R/S, they showed the leaders ANYWAYS. Lame that it didn't do anything. Don't think it does at least.

And Storyline/plot as in, I enjoy thinking of my game in a story like fashion. Once I used Earthquake inside a cave and was laughing about how it'd be a bad idea, but, more relevant would be:

Training in victory road. Running around, and such, and, thinking of it in an anime-like form where I (my character) am running around, trying to find Pokémon to battle. Specifically searching out Steelix for my Lucario/Typhlosion to battle. (I'm training for the Elite battle. Finally there! xD)

Or, in Sapphire:

"I have been searching everywhere, being an esteemed Pokémon Hunter and all, looking for the legendary Latias. A client wanted me to capture it, and promised a hefty sum, and chose me because I have a great reputation for getting the job done AND being gentle with the Pokémon (as opposed to, say, Team Rocket). Holding onto the back of my Sharpedo (speed is key here), I finally stop for a rest to check my Pokédex location on her. A red, beeping dot shows me she's on my route? Looking around and seeing nothing, I sigh and put my head down to relax, when suddenly I see movement beneath the calm mirror of the ocean. As the water starts to ripple, out soars Latias, and the battle...is on.

After using nearly every Timer and Ultra ball in my possession, I caught her. "YES! I got Latias~!", I shout, pumping my fist with the wet ultra ball held tight in my hand. As I start to swim away on my Sharpedo, dusk is falling.

A near-by swimmer saw it all, staring into the horizon, agape...
No one ever believed it."

...erm, I apologize, I kiiinda had a field day there. But I like to make stories out of my games. xD
And those two are game experiences. The latter I laughed about because I battled and caught Latias right next to a swimmer. xD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:59 pm
@Shippo:

Ah ah! That type! A personal story.
Yea, I plan on doing that for HG/SS, but with Melly's children, Tori and Jamie. I want the game to hurry up and be made before my motivation dies. I'm going to write it out, as a journal from mostly Tori's point of view, [sooner or later, Jamie'll steal the journal from her when she falls asleep and write some stuff down], and I want two gamecards for it and and and DX ;.;

@Tippy: DX Oh man, now I want it. ;.; But I promised my friend that I would buy him a DS, Platina, and a Game Guide [or maybe just a Pokedex, if I can't find a combo guide or something] for his birthday, which is August 30th.  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:36 am
@Tippy: DX Oh man, now I want it. ;.; But I promised my friend that I would buy him a DS, Platina, and a Game Guide [or maybe just a Pokedex, if I can't find a combo guide or something] for his birthday, which is August 30th.

I wish one of my friends would buy me a new DS. My old brick is going senile, every few days it forgets how to connect to my wireless router. :C  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:25 am
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

I wish one of my friends would buy me a new DS. My old brick is going senile, every few days it forgets how to connect to my wireless router. :C
DX that sucks. I don't know if my DS brick/phat is going to have that problem or is, because well, I don't have a close connection to the internet for that.
But I did have it since they came out, even though I wanted to wait until all the bugs were out. [loljoke'sonme,therewerenobugs]

I'm half dead as I write this post btw, sorry if it doesn't seem coherent enough at some points.  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:28 am
DX that sucks. I don't know if my DS brick/phat is going to have that problem or is, because well, I don't have a close connection to the internet for that.
But I did have it since they came out, even though I wanted to wait until all the bugs were out. [loljoke'sonme,therewerenobugs]

I'm half dead as I write this post btw, sorry if it doesn't seem coherent enough at some points.

I constantly use the interwebs on my DS (99% is conning trading on the GTS), so it's sooo annoying when my DS forgets. I forget how old it is, though. Yeeeaaars. I remember my after my dad said he'd get me one, I was looking on Wal-Mart's website and saw that they had the PokéPark DS for sale. The next time, I got my silver brick. So... That old. :T  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:35 pm
Hehe, we've got two used Pokemon DS lite at work right now... The black with the faint silvers and goldish sketches of Dialga and Palkia. They're pretty nifty, but I can't possibly justify buying one when I have a perfectly functioning blue brick (though it has had one dead pixel since the day I got it) and a blue DSi. Dan would KILL me... stare
He already wanted to when I got the DSi... Wanted me to trade in my brick. *grumblegrumble*Doesn't understand sentimental value*grumblegrumble*  

jedi_master_tenku

Golonya
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:10 pm
It would appear that while your ignoble rock-lovin' leader was out hunting work so he wouldn't get FREAKING EVICTED, someone password guessed him.

Son of a poochena.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:12 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

I constantly use the interwebs on my DS (99% is conning trading on the GTS), so it's sooo annoying when my DS forgets. I forget how old it is, though. Yeeeaaars. I remember my after my dad said he'd get me one, I was looking on Wal-Mart's website and saw that they had the PokéPark DS for sale. The next time, I got my silver brick. So... That old. :T
I don't remember the PokePark DS.... >.>  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:14 pm
Newgolemmule
It would appear that while your ignoble rock-lovin' leader was out hunting work so he wouldn't get FREAKING EVICTED, someone password guessed him.

Son of a poochena.

;-; I'm sorry. Do you need some gold? I got plenty that I'm not using, about 30K 40K.  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff