Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
If Wesker died properly.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oooh gold fillings!
  Long Live Wesker!
  I'm a greedy b*****d.
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:29 am
That's the joke, you see.
I mean, changing a character's appearance is one thing. But when it so blatantly rips off another already popular character...
I'm surprised they didn't give Jill a braid, pale green leotard and some khaki shorts, with some guns strapped to her thighs. Geez.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:32 am
Haha...I think the drugs I'm taking are making me a bit slooooow this morning.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:36 am
Ah yes, the tonsils.
But hey, at least one good thing came from her makeover. The odd time when I'm browsing Google images, and a thumbnail of new jill(who doesn't deserve to have her name capitalized) comes out, I don't look at it and go
, "What have they done to Jill?" I go, "Who the hell is that?"

Unfortunately, seeing the RE5arded Wesker just makes me sad that they'd do such a thing to once awesome character.
I miss the days when I could say, "Wesker is more badass than Ocelot" and mean it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:23 am
In terms of death, Wesker should've died when the T-002 Tyrant decided "Hey, I don't like this guy, I think I'll gut him with my 3 and a half foot talons!", and just stayed dead. And in terms of REmake when Tyrant just hit him, he should've died there as well. Tyrant's gotta have the strength of at least 5 to 10 full grown men. CURSE YOU WILLIAM BIRKIN FOR GIVING WESKER THAT T-VIRUS STRAIN!!! scream  

Hatsumi Shinobi

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:54 am
Well, my two cents, for what it's worth...

Firstly, yeah, I hated what they did with Jill in RE5. I don't have much beef with the change of voice actor, since no one person has ever voiced Jill. I liked the girl who did her voice in RE3 best. Well, I mean, that was Jill's game, and her character was fleshed out really well. I wasn't a fan of the blonde hair, and the obvious Zero Suit Samus similarities, OR the fact that after you save her, she's just like, "go on without me, you have to save the world!" WTF? You're standing! You're not even hurt, woman!! Where's our Nemesis Slayer Amazon?!? But actually, as much as I love Jill, I think it would have been a goldmine, plotwise, if Jill was actually dead. If Wesker had actually killed her. Being a longtime follower of the series and a huge fan of Jill, I know that would have angered and saddened me. It would have been pretty emotional, and then I would have wanted to kill the ******** out of Wesker. I would've felt hatred for him for what he had done. That would've made the whole quest a lot more epic, and given me (and Chris) some real personal motivation to see it through. Other than, I-have-to-save-the-world-from-the-evil-bioterrorist-just-because-well-I'm-the-G.I. Joe-hero-of-this-Saturday-Morning-Cartoon.

And right from the get go, yeah, I've always said Wesker should've stayed dead after RE1. But I don't understand how people love Waugh, yet now denounce his character in CV. You guys obviously loved Wesker's character in CV, right? What they did with him in RE5 didn't really bother me too much. I admit, I would have expected more... intelligent motivations from Wesker other than, "I'm gonna turn the whole world into blobby things, muhahaha!" but I didn't mind the whole Wesker Children deal. As I've said, it makes the whole deal with him coming back in the first place a little less contrived than it was to begin with. Not that the Wesker Children deal is really good, but no worse than anything else they've done with Wesker since they brought him back.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:28 am
Waugh gave Wesker a great voice quality. It was a unique voice that was probably one of the coolest sounding villains.
And his major motivation wasn't bad. I mean, raid an island first hand to steal this T-Veronica virus, that's awesome.
But then, after, it was like, "Yeah, actuall T-Veronica kinda sucked. I came here for nothing. Now, I'll kill you Chris, even though the island is about to explode and I got Steve, so I already got what I'm looking for."
As much as I loved that fight scene at the end, the motivation for it was pretty crappy.
But Wesker's whole hatred for Chris is uncalled for. It wasn't Chris who killed Wesker the first time, it was the very same tyrant that Wesker released himself.
It wasn't Chris who set the self-destruct system, and even if it was, Wesker said himself, that he planned to burn everything. And even if Chris didn't blow up the Tyrant with the rocket launcher, there was like, less than 3 minutes before the explosion. What was Wesker gonna do? Grab the Tyrant and run away with it?
Honestly, when I first played CVX, Wesker said, "I despise Chris" I honestly thought, "Why??? You ******** HIM over, not the other way around."  

Biohazard EXTREME

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:34 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Waugh gave Wesker a great voice quality. It was a unique voice that was probably one of the coolest sounding villains.
And his major motivation wasn't bad. I mean, raid an island first hand to steal this T-Veronica virus, that's awesome.
But then, after, it was like, "Yeah, actuall T-Veronica kinda sucked. I came here for nothing. Now, I'll kill you Chris, even though the island is about to explode and I got Steve, so I already got what I'm looking for."
As much as I loved that fight scene at the end, the motivation for it was pretty crappy.
But Wesker's whole hatred for Chris is uncalled for. It wasn't Chris who killed Wesker the first time, it was the very same tyrant that Wesker released himself.
It wasn't Chris who set the self-destruct system, and even if it was, Wesker said himself, that he planned to burn everything. And even if Chris didn't blow up the Tyrant with the rocket launcher, there was like, less than 3 minutes before the explosion. What was Wesker gonna do? Grab the Tyrant and run away with it?
Honestly, when I first played CVX, Wesker said, "I despise Chris" I honestly thought, "Why??? You ******** HIM over, not the other way around."

You know, if there was any Resident Evil character that Wesker should hate, it would have to be Barry Burton, since Barry shot Wesker and wounded him in the Arklay Lab. Now, if Wesker wants to throw his temper tantrums, at least take it out on Barry or the T-002 Tyrant.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:44 am
"I despise Chris!"
"Why?"
"Because Capcom decided to put him instead of Barry in this game, and I need to have someone to despise in this game!"  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:46 am
Biohazard EXTREME

Chris laughed and called the Tyrant the Ultimate Failure. Then the Ultimate Fail pwned Wesker. He was pretty butthurt about that. Hmm... but, oh, I forgot. Wesker "planned" all that. Maybe it was the fact that, IF Chris was the one who rocket launcher'd the Tyrant, it allowed them all to simply escape? And have the incident go public (even though nobody believed them), and start snooping around in Umbrella's affairs? I doubt Wesker was planning on letting any of them live, and the fact that they did live, and went public with it, doesn't look so good for Wesker. He's a perfectionist afterall, right? Hurt his ego bad. Real bad.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:59 am
See, but, just the fact that Wesker would have that much ego, that even if it kinda made things not go his way, would motivate him to despise a person is so petty. It's beneath the cool and calculating Wesker.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:00 pm
God finally....I'm not the only one that noticed that about Wesker. All along I was thinking the same thing Bio and wasn't sure what to do with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:07 pm
Thee Stranger
Well, my two cents, for what it's worth...

Firstly, yeah, I hated what they did with Jill in RE5. I don't have much beef with the change of voice actor, since no one person has ever voiced Jill. I liked the girl who did her voice in RE3 best. Well, I mean, that was Jill's game, and her character was fleshed out really well. I wasn't a fan of the blonde hair, and the obvious Zero Suit Samus similarities, OR the fact that after you save her, she's just like, "go on without me, you have to save the world!" WTF? You're standing! You're not even hurt, woman!! Where's our Nemesis Slayer Amazon?!? But actually, as much as I love Jill, I think it would have been a goldmine, plotwise, if Jill was actually dead. If Wesker had actually killed her. Being a longtime follower of the series and a huge fan of Jill, I know that would have angered and saddened me. It would have been pretty emotional, and then I would have wanted to kill the ******** out of Wesker. I would've felt hatred for him for what he had done. That would've made the whole quest a lot more epic, and given me (and Chris) some real personal motivation to see it through. Other than, I-have-to-save-the-world-from-the-evil-bioterrorist-just-because-well-I'm-the-G.I. Joe-hero-of-this-Saturday-Morning-Cartoon.

And right from the get go, yeah, I've always said Wesker should've stayed dead after RE1. But I don't understand how people love Waugh, yet now denounce his character in CV. You guys obviously loved Wesker's character in CV, right? What they did with him in RE5 didn't really bother me too much. I admit, I would have expected more... intelligent motivations from Wesker other than, "I'm gonna turn the whole world into blobby things, muhahaha!" but I didn't mind the whole Wesker Children deal. As I've said, it makes the whole deal with him coming back in the first place a little less contrived than it was to begin with. Not that the Wesker Children deal is really good, but no worse than anything else they've done with Wesker since they brought him back.

I concur with this. I don't understand why people love Waugh so much either XD I mean his voice has been switched out as much as Jill's and all of the voices for Wesker, even before RE 1 remake I thought all sounded pretty decent with their own kind of spin on the voice. I mean what I appreciate about Waugh's voice is that its almost identical to ....god what his ******** ME and names....jesus christ, but the VA that did the voice for Wesker in Code Veronica. Hell.....they ALL sound similar, but I'm glad Waugh didn't voice Wesker in RE 5 because Capcom turned Wesker into a more emotionally driven man. I don't know how else to explain and a comment that was mentioned before, with all the screaming and yelling Wesker did in RE 5, DC Douglas pulled that off pretty good considering. I couldn't imagine the other actors doing that because they voice a better, more calm and cool Wesker, though Doulgas can voice him calmly as well.

Am I making sense? Cuz I'm just rambling off a bunch of stuff here xD  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:26 pm
ElenaMason
I concur with this. I don't understand why people love Waugh so much either XD I mean his voice has been switched out as much as Jill's and all of the voices for Wesker, even before RE 1 remake I thought all sounded pretty decent with their own kind of spin on the voice. I mean what I appreciate about Waugh's voice is that its almost identical to ....god what his ******** ME and names....jesus christ, but the VA that did the voice for Wesker in Code Veronica. Hell.....they ALL sound similar, but I'm glad Waugh didn't voice Wesker in RE 5 because Capcom turned Wesker into a more emotionally driven man. I don't know how else to explain and a comment that was mentioned before, with all the screaming and yelling Wesker did in RE 5, DC Douglas pulled that off pretty good considering. I couldn't imagine the other actors doing that because they voice a better, more calm and cool Wesker, though Doulgas can voice him calmly as well.

Umm... Waugh DID do Wesker's voice in Code Veronica... Code Veronica/X, Wesker's Report, RE0 and RE4. That was all Waugh.

And Wesker SHOULD be calm and cool. If Wesker did a bunch of yelling in RE5, then it's all the more proof that RE5 Wesker sucks. But yeah, I'm glad they switched him out too, because it makes UC and RE5 more worthless.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:48 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
ElenaMason

Umm... Waugh DID do Wesker's voice in Code Veronica... Code Veronica/X, Wesker's Report, RE0 and RE4. That was all Waugh.

And Wesker SHOULD be calm and cool. If Wesker did a bunch of yelling in RE5, then it's all the more proof that RE5 Wesker sucks. But yeah, I'm glad they switched him out too, because it makes UC and RE5 more worthless.

Wait, I think I mixed up the game I was thinking of.....god I'm tired. I mean to that I at first thought Waugh did Wesker's voice in RE 1 remake, not CV. oops. And then Stranger corrected me on it. But I know it was Waugh in Wesker's Report, but also CV? Good, I'm not just going crazy here.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:54 pm
Well, it's okay. I once talked to a guy who thought it was Waugh doing Wesker's voice in Umbrella Chronicles. I wanted to slap him, but it was on a forum.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff