Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 553 554 555 556 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:41 pm
Theo laughed a bit.

"Yeah that she can be. Different kind of pressure huh? More like a...force of will" He responded.

"I mean she already knows you are from the future and all that. I think....telling her will show you a different side of her. She can be quite soft ya know"

He wasn't sure but his stomach twisted a bit when she declined his offer. Why? Her next comments irked him. He felt his lip tremble a bit. Right now she was making him angry and he didn't know why. His hand had already formed a fist before he became aware and let go."I don't.....I...."

Her tracing his scar felt...strange.

"She begged me to kill her. I don't think she....wanted to hurt me."

What's with this woman? He didn't understand her. His heart rate sped up when she traced his wound. Though he could not stop staring at her eyes.

Legio put his own hand on her to press it against the scar. Why?

"Not physically."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:27 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
The whirring stopped, and he started with the boxers. He kept his towel on as he out them on, and only dropped them after he'd put on a pair of flannel shorts. He was about to put a long sleeved night shirt on when he thought he heard Kerana stir behind him. He quickly pulled the shirt down and turned his head to see if he had woken her up.

Kerana started to stir, she stretched her arm out “… please stay Alec …” she opened her eyes and only saw an empty side. Oh… I guess he needed to go to the Death Realm. her eyes lowered a little as well as her ears, for a moment. She closed eyes and stretched her arms her legs and tails facing him. When she opened her eyes she saw Alec, which it kind of caught her off guard, “Oh, hiya handsome.” She smiled at him taking in the view. As much as part of her wanted to take his shirt off she thought it wouldn’t be right. Gidget said we should talk about that, the big feels but, how do I bring that up?  

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:35 am
Freya went quiet for a moment as she felt his heartbeat beneath her hand. It was getting faster. She knew what that meant, and it confused the Hell out of her. There she was, hurling insults at him, visibly making him angry, and yet he did not leave or take a swing at her. He was patient, more patient than she felt she deserved. Then there was the scar.

She had not always been so abrasive. Sure, she was a wild child, and she was a huge handful when she was little. Yet, the drinking and string swearing did not become a thing until after she had been blasted off the roof of that skyscraper. After Alines. It was her wall. She had spent decades perfecting it so that anyone who could even have a passing interest in her would back off. But not Legio, or Liam, as he apparently had come to be known lately. No doubt Fenris was just as violent and vulgar as Freya was, yet he stuck around. There was a debt Liam had felt he needed to repay, sure, but it was obvious that there was something else. He risked his life to free Fenris, and then he chose to save Freya and Okami. For what? He said he wanted nothing from Fenris, but that could not be true...could it?

Freya snatched her hand back and turned a deeper shade of red. "Who does that? Just risk *hic* their lives for nothing in return? Even I did it so the others would be safe. Is that...augh! What did you want from her?!"

She looked down at her hand and rubbed her thumb and forefinger together. It still felt warm. She looked back up at him with her diamond eyes and asked, "What do you want from me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alec smiled back at her; relieved that she had not seen his back. "Hey there. Sorry I woke you. I realized that I was covered in all kinds of stuff, and I also smelled like the floor of an old factory. My hair's still a bit damp. I'll hop over once my hair dries more. Actually."

He brought out his scythe and tore a hole to the death realm. He hopped in and closed the tear behind him. Not even a two seconds later, another tear appeared and he hopped back through with his hair dry. The tear closed and he sighed with satisfaction. "There we go. Now I'm all set."

He walked over to the other side of the bed and shuffled himself under his side of the covers. "By the way, thanks for getting that shower stuff for me. I'd feel weird if I came out smelling like you. Er, not that you smell bad or anything, you smell great. I mean! Um...g'night, Kay!"

He rolled over and threw his side of the covers over his head. He could be heard muttering light obscenities to himself.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 am
Unsure of why but he was tensed up. Legio watched her back off. Her actions were all over the place. Just like he didn't understand his own emotions he didn't understand hers. Even as she backed off he instantly missed her touch on his chest. What was this infuriating emotion? He could not understand. Something prevented him from thinking about it. Her eyes. When he finally managed to pull his gaze away from her for what felt like an eternity, she looked...vulnerable.

What did he want from her? Want? Has he ever truly wanted something aside from experiences and knowledge? Even getting even with Eclipse was not truly a want for him. Legio gave Fenris a body so she could. He promised her to get rid of the curse. He wanted her forgiveness for hurting her before. His newfound joy of cooking stemmed from his need to make things right with her.

The wolf form was never an issue for him. All he saw was a person. Now that form changed back to what it originally was. This was still her......Her.

"Ah...I see." He mumbled to himself. With one hand he cupped the side of her face. Eyes darting over her own eyes, her nose, her lips,

"You. I want.....you."

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:14 am
Freya's eyes went wide, and her face actually managed to blush even further. In a panic, she brought her fist forward and punched him in the mouth. Her knuckles immediately started to bruise and ache, and he still did not move. She slid out of his touch and started to pace around the room while she swore profusely. One part frustration and one part ********! ********! s**t-a**-tits! c**k n' ball sack! ********! Piss! Horse! s**t!"

She spun on her heels to face him and wave her arms wildly. "I don't know you! You don't know me! How the- AUGH!"

Freya tussled her hair, growled, and paced some more. After a few more seconds of that she huffed and slumped her shoulders. She walked back over to her stash and pulled out a carafe of sake with a few dishes. She sat at the table and placed a dish on each side. She tipped the bottle that was nearly empty. filled each dish, and placed the full carafe in the center of the table. She fell back into her seat, looked up at him, and motioned toward the empty chair.

"You ain't getting s**t tonight. But, and this is probably the sake talking, I don't watcha to leave just yet. Drink with me, and let's see where...whatever this is goes."

Leo chuckled, "Force of will...that sounds about right."

He thought about how the woman they were discussing was technically his grandmother. Yet she did not feel the sort of familial connection he shared with the others from his time. The same rang true for Theonis. This was a younger version of his father, but the two were so radically different that after a week he looked at the man more like a friend. Then there was Trinity. Then came the memory of what happened at the gym. That was a can of worms he hoped to just ignore, but it got harder as time went on.

"Hey...um. Is it...would it be okay if I asked you something about...kissing?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:37 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
Alec smiled back at her; relieved that she had not seen his back. "Hey there. Sorry I woke you. I realized that I was covered in all kinds of stuff, and I also smelled like the floor of an old factory. My hair's still a bit damp. I'll hop over once my hair dries more. Actually."

He brought out his scythe and tore a hole to the death realm. He hopped in and closed the tear behind him. Not even a two seconds later, another tear appeared and he hopped back through with his hair dry. The tear closed and he sighed with satisfaction. "There we go. Now I'm all set."

He walked over to the other side of the bed and shuffled himself under his side of the covers. "By the way, thanks for getting that shower stuff for me. I'd feel weird if I came out smelling like you. Er, not that you smell bad or anything, you smell great. I mean! Um...g'night, Kay!"

He rolled over and threw his side of the covers over his head. He could be heard muttering light obscenities to himself.

When he mentioned old factory smell she noticed the smell still lingered, she sniffed herself. Yeah, it’s me. May do a shower myself. She watched him go to the death realm then returned seconds later. She smirked and thought Wish I could do that, but this is my realm and I do not have another realm to hop to and get back from.

Then he simply rushed to his side of the bed cursing himself, leaving her to wonder, Did I miss something? Is he avoiding something he wants to tell me? What if Gidget was right? What if he was talking to Freya what she was talking to Gidget about? The big feels… she was connecting the points of her index fingers together at the latter half of her thoughts.

“Alec, you okay? Is there something you want to share with me?” she could sense his conflicted feelings to that question, like he wanted to share but couldn’t bring himself to do it. She rubbed his bicep, “Tell you what, don’t have to answer now, I’m going to take a shower to get that same smell off of me. cat_wink I take it you were referring to my jasmine body wash and not the old factory smell I currently have. Anyways you don’t have to share with me when I get back just perhaps consider it? If you feel it isn’t the right time it’s okay to hold off.” She kissed his cheek, “Either way I still love you. You have all the time in the world and I’m willing to wait as long as it takes.”

She went to the closet and looked at the usual pjs she’s been wearing since she was in her kitsune form she decided to do something different. She brought up the red silky pajamas she wore as a fox girl which Alec had not seen. Her size had not changed as of yet. They had a buttoned down shirt, shorts, pair of socks and panties. She took the clothes with her and stripped down out of her shorts and white flowing shirt, kind of a hippy peasant shirt and placed them in the hamper.

She hopped into the shower washing her hair and tails trying to think of how to bring up the big feels. Should she rip the band aid off and say something like, ‘Hey Alec can you take your shirt off?’ What if he complied? Her cheeks blushed. No-no-no anyways then what? She couldn’t picture herself going all the way with him in this body, even though he’s 18 on the inside, to do the deed she’d be working with his current body. She shook her head to herself and started to wonder, Is there really no in-between? All the way or not? All the more reason to talk to him I guess. Okay… When she finished everything else the water was turned off. She squeezed her hair and tails to get a good chunk of water out then wrapped her hair and tails in towels. Instead of wrapping her hair up top like she used to do as a fox girl she let braided her hair and wrapped it in the towel and let it rest on her shoulder. Alec was used to that part of the routine. She opened the door and looked to where she saw Alec last.

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:13 pm
Legio did recoil a bit but out of surprise. His mind raced. She asked him did she not? Was his response wrong? He didn't understand. Confusion was quite visible on his face before returning to neutral. Was he in the wrong or.....Observing Freya he could only surmise that she was confused as well. Her previous blush would have indicated that she was interested right?

Not getting s**t tonight? Strange thing to say. He made his way over to the seat.

"I..apologize if I was...out of line.This is new to me. I have also never drunk before." He said and grabbed a dish and drank He could not contain the strange face he made and the shivers that came from the drink.

That caught him off-guard. He never really though about that for the future kids. But if Leo was 'his' then....he'd definitely get attention here.

"Oh boy, this conversation. Sure, got some attention here huh? "

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:48 pm
Alec was sat up in bed, doing his best to keep a steady breath. He wrung his hands together anxiously and fought back the urge to cry immediately. While Kerana was in the shower, he had been mulling over whether or not he should talk to her about the past she knows so little about. Any time they talked, he did his best to steer their conversations to her past, the present, and he future they dreamed of. He rarely ever spoke of his past, or his family. He had mentioned that he grew up with both his parents, and that he was the youngest of five boys. That was it.

Alec looked to her and motioned to the bed with his eyes. Once she was seated he started.

"Kay...s**t, I don't even know where to start. Um...whew...I haven't really, been completely honest about myself. At least, the me that existed before you walked into the poetry club. There's something I've been hiding from you. A part of me, a part of my past that I've been trying to forget. I didn't want to burden you with it, especially given what's happened the last two months. This whole time, I've been terrified that you'd look at me differently if...if you knew. But now, now I'm going to believe in you, like I should've from the start. Just please...please don't freak out."

Alec shuffled on the bed until his legs hung off the side and his back was turned to Kerana. He took a few courage breaths, crossed his arms, grabbed the bottom of his night shirt, and pulled it over his head.

On full display were the belt scares on his back. They overlapped, crisscrossed, some even wrapped around his torso or fell below his waste line. His upper arms also bore scars, but they weren't from a belt. The evenly placed scars were spaced less than half an inch apart. They started from his shoulder to just above where the hem of a T-shirt, or a hospital gown, would sit.

Alec squeezed his eyes shut and silently put his trust in Kerana.

Freya tried, at first, but she could not contain a full bellied laugh at the expense of Liam's first taste of sake. She lifted her dish to him and cheered, "Kanpai!" She tossed her own drink back and exhaled with satisfaction. With a chuckle, she refilled their dishes.

"You might've kicked my a**, Liam. Butcha ain't gonna out drink me. Hell, I've even given you a one bottle handicap. Shot for shot, d**k. Drink your cup dry, and let's get to know each other."

So the night went on with the two of them shooting the s**t. Freya enjoyed Liam's company, in spite of herself. They asked and answered questions between each shot.

"Why do you look like a party city Sesshoumaru?"

"I dunno...cuz it's funny?"

"You hungry? Hol'up. Imma get some jerky."

"Why Lee am? Y'know how hard that ish to shay when I'm drunk? Liahm. Li Lam. Li Li. Whatever, I jus' *hic* know I ain't callin' you leggo no mo'."

"Myee faaaather, was a sonovabish...but I miss him. I should shee my mawm when were done her."

"Wha happens if ya punch yerslef? Ish it like a God make heavy rock thing?"

Of course there were drunken shenanigans as well.

"Hey, hey Lam. Wanna shee some ninja magic? Woo, da pen ish all wiggly."

"Oh. Ya know *hic* ya know whatcha gotta try Larm? I gots a Karaoke machine!"

Leo tapped his finger nails together and muttered, "Something like that. I've only ever been kissed twice. The first was Ravan, but that didn't feel right at all...and I threw her into a wall. The next time was...a surprise. It felt nice, but I didn't know if I really liked it or not. A lot of girls have been talking to me, usually at Dawn's behest, but I can't stop thinking about...the surprise, and how it didn't feel the way I thought a kiss would. Is that weird?"  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:23 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
[…]
On full display were the belt scares on his back. They overlapped, crisscrossed, some even wrapped around his torso or fell below his waste line. His upper arms also bore scars, but they weren't from a belt. The evenly placed scars were spaced less than half an inch apart. They started from his shoulder to just above where the hem of a T-shirt, or a hospital gown, would sit.

Alec squeezed his eyes shut and silently put his trust in Kerana.

Kerana paid close attention to every word. This is what he has been keeping from me all this time… As he took his shirt off she started to blush No-get-it-together! He needs you to be there for him he- scars… so many of them… oh my… “Alec… I had no idea…” cautiously she whispered tracing his scars, “w-who did this to you?” Did his father do this to him? All she knew of his past he grew up being the youngest of five brothers and with his parents. She thought it meant he had a big family filled with love and laughter, but that did not seem to be the case. She placed her head on his back narrowed her eyes and asked, “Why?” Why would anyone do such a thing to their child? She wasn’t expecting answers they were more rhetorical and only optional to answer. Her fingers traced the scars on his right shoulder “these are not the same, are they?” She was worried that they may have been self inflicted. Part of her wish she could heal his scars but things were already healed and couldn’t be healed further if she wanted to.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:32 am
As Silhouette explained and Rydia has her set of questions about this technique she listened closely. Though Sil was able to summon her mask she wasn’t clear on how to do that on her own. She had to bring out her darkest secret, but what would that be? At one point it may have been bravery but like a tempered sword, it built out to the point that hardly anything scared her and now she was more than willing to brave the unknown. Perhaps the picture of calm when at times she's an emotional mess that she didn't want the rest of the world to know.

“Why do I get the feeling we will all have to go terminal during our next fight?”  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:06 am
Sil turned and looked to Trinity. She said ominously, "You will. Because they will. What you saw at Daedalus; the four armed magma girl, Chariot with her bottom half becoming a mechanical monstrosity, and the girl that turned to dust and nearly choked Ravan to death...that was but a fraction of their power. Eclipse, no doubt, put his own limit on them, to keep them from maintaining some sense and destroying his weapon. There will be no need for limits on the moon. We will shatter our limits, give everything, or we will fail."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alec took a shaking, deep breath and huffed. He had been holding it all back for months. He was tired, and he would answer all of Kerana's questions. "My father...at first. Then my mother...but she said it was a mercy since she couldn't hit as hard."

"When I was little, it was a cold bath anytime I threw a fit or refused to eat what was in front of me. When I was a little older, that's when the belt came out. Rude gestures or behavior was one lash. Talking out of line was one. Talking back was two. Lying was three. Profanity was five. Forgetting to memorize my daily verse, or reciting it back incorrectly was one. Coming home late was three. Listening to, wearing, or reading 'satanic' material was five to ten, depending on how he felt that day."

"Dad was very much a 'spare the rod' type of evangelist. His favorite book, other than the bible, was 'To Train up a Child.' That gave him aaaaall sorts of tips and tricks."
he said with a tremble.

"When he found out about my power, he tried to kill me. He screamed out Deuteronomy 18: 10 through 12 over and over again. Mom rushed me out the door and distracted him so I could get away. A few weeks of being homeless later and I ended up here...but it didn't get much better."

He put his left over her hand as she traced the scars on his shoulder. "Those were me. I had so much fear, anger, resentment, hatred, and sadness in me. Not just for my family, but for me too. The others in my class didn't help, and some of them were awful. You remember. The whispering, the rumors. Poetry, writing, and music wasn't enough. I felt so dead inside. I had to feel something. Anything. So I went back to pain. To bloodshed."

He finally allowed his tears to flow. He put his head in his hands and said through grit teeth. "I was going to kill myself. In front of my class. They'd remember me then! What they did to me! They'd have their own scars, that I'd given them, and then I'd be free! But then..."

Alec raised his head and turned so he could face Kerana. He mentally knocked so he could share his memory of the day they met.

"...then you came. You smiled at me, said hello, and talked to me like a person. No flinching, or sizing up, or judgement of any kind. I wasn't a weird goth kid to you, or someone whose power could be used to cheat on a test. I felt like a person again. I, felt, again. The day I met you, was the first time you saved my life."

He averted his eyes and sighed, "But I couldn't tell you that. I could never tell you that. I didn't want to stain someone so happy with my sadness. So I kept my feelings for you in my diary, and I was happy enough to just be your friend."

He shut his mental door, and looked back to her.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:07 pm

Kerana listened carefully she thought it was terrible that his parents thought it was ok for them to treat their children this way. He did not deserve any of such treatment. But he endured so much that he believed he did. She felt him tremble when he brought up the book and rubbed his back as he did. She thought when he reached Valhalla things would turn around like it seemed to for her. Yet that didn’t seem to be the case for him. He felt numb and resorted to cutting himself she shook her head poor Alec, he struggled so much. She lifted her head from his back when he admitted to contemplating suicide.

She saw the memory he shared. Her first day of Poetry Club and there he was in the corner to himself. The fox girl then never liked seeing someone alone after she introduced herself to the others she strolled up to Alec and said in her most cheerful tone,”Hiya! My name’s Kerana. What’s your name?” Shortly after he introduced himself, she found a chair to sit near him and asked him about his poetry. She remembered after that meeting that Ms. Bauman thanked her for reaching out to Alec, and mentioned that he was having trouble adjusting. She didn’t think it was a big deal then but now she understood it was a bigger deal than she thought.

She smiled to herself when he admitted this helped him a lot, that she helped him feel like a human again, that there was more to feel than suffering.

“Alec, I’m glad you told me all of this.” she wrapped her arms around him from behind and hugged him tight “and I’m glad you’re still here to tell me.” She wept with him. “You’re with me now and hope you’ll never feel that way again. [sniff] You won’t be punished for being yourself or disagreeing. [sniff] You won’t be a tool to tap into for anyone’s convenience including myself. [sniff] Live your truth, and if you want to, live that truth with me.”

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:30 pm
Alec twisted and turned in her grip so he could face her. She had accepted him. She did not weep for him, she wept with him. That was everything he could have hoped for. He felt something break inside of him, but it was in a good way. He let himself go, embraced Kerana, and cried as though he had never cried before. He did not know how long he carried on for, but he did not feel like Kerana was waiting for him to stop. That allowed him to let everything out.

After a while, he managed tire himself out. His body felt heavy, yet light at the same time. He eyes, though, felt like they weighed a ton. While he still held onto Kerana, he asked wearily. "Kerana. If it's okay, could I hold you tonight? Without the pillows between us, I mean. I just...want to feel you next to me."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:38 pm

Kerana loosened her grip whipped her eyes and she looked at him finally admiring his current body. She blushed as he explained why he wanted to remove the pillows, she wanted that too, she nodded, “I feel the same way.”

They moved off the pillows and snuggled close to one another. He wrapped his arms around her waist and she wrapped her tails around his thighs. “G’night Alec. I love you.” They kissed and slept.

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:08 pm
The night was a new experience for him. The increasing alcohol in his blood certainly made the night. Her rowdy drunk demeanor was.....endearing. His logical side knew the alcohol was also skewing his perception. It was.....fun.

"The monks I met wore these sort of robes. They are...comfortable."

"You do not understand Freya, cooking is so much more than that."

"Waz it ham or something else?"

"I...liked the name."

"You should, she's an interesting woman."

"*hic* why do people drink this?"

"What have you done to yours eyes? It'sh...unsettling drawing me in. Weird"

"Fray.....yah"

Legio was staring at his hand. His shapeshifting ability turned it into different things.

"Huh....."

"Ravan huh? Well....maybe you haven't mentally prepared yourself for it so whenever it happened you weren't in the right mindset I suppose? "

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 553 554 555 556 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games