Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Random Chatter III: VENGANCE OF THE RANDOMS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:24 pm
Fox Demon Shippo
I saw your status thing. xD

Also, that sucks. o.o
So I should just train up my Milotic in Special Attack like I was gonna? xD

Yes. Before you begin training any Pokémon, you should take a look at its base stats and its movepool, and ask yourself:

» What are its best stats?
» Would its movepool support its best stat/s?
» Is it the right Nature?
» What role will this Pokémon play on my team?
» In the whole scheme of things, how good is this Pokémon? Could I replace it with something better?

Like with Milotic, her best stat is her Special Defense, at base 125, so she's most suited to being a special-based wall. Moves like Light Screen and Recover help support this niche, as well. And there's a much better special-based wall out there in the form of Blissey, but Milotic is still decent enough. 3nodding

A great resource for competitive battle is the infamous Smogon. The forums might not be your thing, but the articles are gold.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:38 pm
Haha, yea. I barely realized this the other day, as I usually train a mix of my favorites and whomever ends up being the one to help me beat the Elite Four. My Absol had pretty much better stats than my Mightyena. And that I had wasted a Thunderbolt on him. The only thing my Mightyena had over the Absol was Speed, and I think maybe HP. I was so sad to know that all that effort had gone into a Pokemon who was easily surpassed by his own team mate!
However, I noted Absol's stats, so instead of Thunderbolt and Strength [because he no longer needed to be an HM slave], I gave him Psycho Cut and Double team. But since he's finally getting some training in the fourth gen game, I replaced his old, weak dark-type move with the dark-type equivalent of slash. He's pretty awesome now. >3 I just need to get myself a good Follow Me pokemon to partner him up with... But Shuckle takes so long to level up! DX ;_; [I'm currently using Togetic, since I'm mostly using him for the Battle Tower, until he's strong enough to go against lv. 100 Pokemon.]

Augh, I miss secret bases SO much. It was so damn easier to train high level Pokemon when you had the records of other high-level trainers. D: The next batch of Pokemon I transfer over from Colosseum and XD are getting trained in the third gen until they're level 100. D< This is just ridiculous....

Why does that Dark-type slash have less PP than the Psychic slash, which all have pretty much the same thing in common?  

Melody Hikari-Shinu Anson

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:33 pm
Yes, I noticed her Sp. Defense was high, followed by HP and Speed. And Speed is very good for a Pokémon, when you want it to be able to kill faint others quickly. >3

And oh my god, I know, Blissey is insane; when I first got one on LG, I was like "HOLY CRAP, those are it's STATS?! HOW much HP?!"

I also had another question, about the Macho Brace. The Power items add +4 EVs in the noted stat, while the Pokérus and Macho Brace both double the EVs gained.

So, if I fought a Bidoof with a Macho Brace, would I get the 2 EVs in HP, or would the Macho Brace somehow work differently and up my -insert other stat here- EVs?
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:37 pm
Fox Demon Shippo
Yes, I noticed her Sp. Defense was high, followed by HP and Speed. And Speed is very good for a Pokémon, when you want it to be able to kill faint others quickly. >3

And omg, I know, Blissey is insane; when I first got one on LG, I was like "HOLY CRAP, those are it's STATS?! HOW much HP?!"
You mean you never got one in GSC?

omfg. I can't stop laughing everytime Crystal catches a pokemon. XDDD It's one thing for Gold to use a Pool cue ['cuz at least, some of the times, he has the time for it], but it's another thing for her to kick it. She must have mad soccer skills. xDD  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:39 pm
Fox Demon Shippo

And omg, I know, Blissey is insane; when I first got one on LG, I was like "HOLY CRAP, those are it's STATS?! HOW much HP?!"
You mean you never got one in GSC?

omfg. I can't stop laughing everytime Crystal catches a pokemon. XDDD It's one thing for Gold to use a Pool cue ['cuz at least, some of the times, he has the time for it], but it's another thing for her to kick it. She must have mad soccer skills. xDD

Nope... sweatdrop

I didn't get a lot of the Pokémon, I was younger. xD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:43 pm
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
IN THE MANGA, LANCE AND CLAIR ARE BRO AND SIS!?

CANNOT. PROCESS. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. [I mean, c'mon, weren't these people playing the games first and then developing the story during/afterwards? They were playing GSC while still writing RBY arc, and and and and they change from cousins to bro and sis an deksljahdlkajahdfoiashdsjdklhfdsjklfhdasksa. ._. I'm not sure what to believe anymore. the game or the manga, which Tajiri has been quoted as saying is the closest to his world]  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:53 pm

CANNOT. PROCESS. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. [I mean, c'mon, weren't these people playing the games first and then developing the story during/afterwards? They were playing GSC while still writing RBY arc, and and and and they change from cousins to bro and sis an deksljahdlkajahdfoiashdsjdklhfdsjklfhdasksa. ._. I'm not sure what to believe anymore. the game or the manga, which Tajiri has been quoted as saying is the closest to his world]

There are a lot of differences, yes, but I like them being Bro/sis better. =3  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:19 am
Fox Demon Shippo

There are a lot of differences, yes, but I like them being Bro/sis better. =3

;_; I really have no idea what to do now.... I guess I'll have to see if they've changed Lance's character at all during the GSC arc, or see if they did anything to explain how Lance is stuck up in RBY and nice in GSC. [Though, if the Red Gyarados event already took place and Silver's in place of Lance.... ._. Yea, I have little doubt that he isn't going to appear.]  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:01 am
ACTUALLY

Clair and Lance are cousins, but for some really weird reason, Clair calls him her brother.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:04 am
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
ACTUALLY

Clair and Lance are cousins, but for some really weird reason, Clair calls him her brother.

|D That's a relief.
Well, isn't Lance older? [At least, I remember that he got to be a titled Dragon trainer before her in GSC.]

Man, reading all these stories with Crystal is making me wish I had one to replay now. ;.;
It also makes me want to write/draw stuff/play more Pokemon.

Hey, are the RPs going to be revived? [Or maybe restarted?]  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:11 am
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
ACTUALLY

|D That's a relief.
Well, isn't Lance older? [At least, I remember that he got to be a titled Dragon trainer before her in GSC.]

Man, reading all these stories with Crystal is making me wish I had one to replay now. ;.;

Yeah, that threw me for a loop, too, but then later on she says that they're cousins. I think she might call him "onii-san" or whatever in the original and the translators were just being lazy.

As for the RPs, anyone's free to start one, but I don't have any plans for any. All my RPs are private. ∙ 3∙

@Shippo: Nope, Macho Brace works exactly like that; Just doubles the EVs gained.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:21 am
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
ACTUALLY

|D That's a relief.

Yeah, that threw me for a loop, too, but then later on she says that they're cousins. I think she might call him "onii-san" or whatever in the original and the translators were just being lazy.

As for the RPs, anyone's free to start one, but I don't have any plans for any. All my RPs are private. ∙ 3∙

@Shippo: Nope, Macho Brace works exactly like that; Just doubles the EVs gained.

Probably. That's what I'm hoping. Plus, I think strangers in Japan call each other Onii-[honorific] and Onee-[honorific], though that has absolutely nothing to do with cousins. XDDD It's 2 am and I'm just spewing whatever comes out of my mind.

I have no RP plot ideas, though. D= Didn't there used to be Gyms and such? I looked in the forum earlier and didn't see those, so that's why I'm like, wondering an' such.
I even thought that dreamfall RP might have been a trainer RP, but then it turned out to be an actual Gaian one. XD It's nice to see that the RPs aren't just limited to Pokemon only. Too bad there's not a single IC post in there. D=

Eech, my stomach's feelin' funny. I probably should go to bed. My said one something when I checked it last, and I thought that something happened to my comp's clock or something, since I thought it had said that it was two already. Either I misread midnight, or... x-x I think I'll turn in... Especially since the manga just jumped back to Yellow/Chris' adventure and meeting of Lugia.  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:55 am
Probably. That's what I'm hoping. Plus, I think strangers in Japan call each other Onii-[honorific] and Onee-[honorific], though that has absolutely nothing to do with cousins. XDDD It's 2 am and I'm just spewing whatever comes out of my mind.

I have no RP plot ideas, though. D= Didn't there used to be Gyms and such? I looked in the forum earlier and didn't see those, so that's why I'm like, wondering an' such.
I even thought that dreamfall RP might have been a trainer RP, but then it turned out to be an actual Gaian one. XD It's nice to see that the RPs aren't just limited to Pokemon only. Too bad there's not a single IC post in there. D=

Eech, my stomach's feelin' funny. I probably should go to bed. My said one something when I checked it last, and I thought that something happened to my comp's clock or something, since I thought it had said that it was two already. Either I misread midnight, or... x-x I think I'll turn in... Especially since the manga just jumped back to Yellow/Chris' adventure and meeting of Lugia.

Well, whatever happened, Clair and Lance are most definitely cousins.

Neither do I. :C Well, I have one unused plot, revolving around PBR's Pokétopia and Mysterial inviting the world's strongest Trainers to compete in a tournament that's actually just a rouse to distract people while he secretly steals said Trainers' Pokémon in order to amass an army he can then use to overthrow the various Leagues of the world.

But that plot's, like, cursed. I've tried to use it a few times and it always fails. :/ Plus, you kinda have to've played PBR, too, in order to know some of the NPCs/colosseum rules/etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:28 pm
Well, not every trainer knows every colosseum/stadium rule. XD If the trainer's foreign to the land, then of course they're allowed to ask about who so-and-so is.

That actually kinda sounds like the end of Colosseum. xDDD

EDIT: While reading the manga, I've come to this conclusion.
Lugia is jealous of Ho-oh. Ho-oh doesn't have three spoiled brat-like Pokemon that he gets stuck being associated with, nor does he have obedient and loyal eyes for the human race.
Also, Ho-oh's prettier.  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:08 pm
EDIT: While reading the manga, I've come to this conclusion.
Lugia is jealous of Ho-oh. Ho-oh doesn't have three spoiled brat-like Pokemon that he gets stuck being associated with, nor does he have obedient and loyal eyes for the human race.
Also, Ho-oh's prettier.

You have NO idea how hilarious I find this statement. rofl  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games