Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply General Chatter (spam)
Tell us about your day. -cuz we love to listen- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 350 351 352 353 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love getting 10g for these poll questions? -even though its not alot-
  <333333
  gold sucks.
View Results

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:51 pm
Tak, I thought you hated the sun? Maybe that was someone else...

I saw Transformers today with my sister. It was A LOT better than I thought it'd be and would definitely rank up there as one of my favorite movies of all time. The action and comedy gave it a lot of life, since they weren't exactly working with a very realistic story (I mean, it's based off a children's action figure series afterall.)

That, and just watching giant robots fight each other in great CG animation was awesome...

*Giant robot fan.*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:29 am
Me? Hate the sun! -dies- That would be horrific. The sun is my fetish. I love it. biggrin And was Transformers really that good? I have been dying to see it -is a nerdy girl and loves transformers- Going to see it today actually!

I really hope it is good.. from the preveiws.. it looks... eh..  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:39 am
Kirby
Great. Who'm I gonna talk to when I get back? Who's gonna say HEY KIRBY WELCOME BACK WE MISSEEEDDD YYYOOOOUUUUU!!!?

I will! Don't worry. ninja

Okay, there are four ranks of humans in my mind.

Intelligent humans who can hold an intelligent conversation
Travelors
People
Tourists

Some humans are in two groups. I will described the difference between travelors and tourists when I'm not doing work.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:04 pm
Tourists suck. Plus most of them can't drive for s**t. I hate being on the highway and seeing people go into the passing lane and ******** slow down scream . Almost always its an out-of-state person too.

ME HATE TOURISTS. scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream stressed  

xXxFollowMexXx

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:38 pm
Okay, my version of Tourists vs Travellers, aka, Why Reese Hates Tourists.

When Tourists go into stores and buy things, they make sure the name of the place they went to is displayed prominently on everything, as though they need proof they went there. They take hundreds of pictures making sure that they are in every single one, and if they aren't, that the name of the thing in the picture is right there for the world to see. Not only do Tourists not dress appropriately for the weather and do not come prepared for the weather, ignoring needed items such as bug spray, umbrellas, and the right shoes, they do not research the climate of the places they are visiting. Tourists believe they are the reason that place exists, being rude and inconsiderate to the ones who actually live there. They don't think about the roads and rules of said places. Last of all, when they are done, they take away no deeper knowledge and understanding nor genuine appreciation for the different culture and natures.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:26 pm
Transformers was like woah. Definitly not what I was expecting.. Which was the movie to suck entierly. It was awesome! I heart Transformers..... Yes... I am a girl. xp

And Reese, I live in Florida with all its famous Beaches. You cannot preach about tourists.. until you have seen a tourist season here... You have no idea.. But you basically expressed my same reasons for hating tourists.

Except I must add a few things.

-Who wears sock and sandals to the effin beach?!
-Do not take pool floats into the ocean, then proceed to get in the way of the LOCAL surfers. We do not care if we hurt you.. But if you break our boards, we will sue.
-When a dolphin is seen, Do not proceed to flip out and then try and swim out to touch it. It will bite you. And in turn you scare it a way.
-What is the point of going out into the sun, and bringing a GAINT unbrella?! I mean honestly.. And make sure you do not shade someone other then yourself.
-Also, the tend to pack into one spot, meaning.. right next to you. The unpack all this s**t, like gynourmous blankets (so when the set up they get your stuff sandy), humoungus coolers, and a bunch of plastic POOL toys.
-Then they leave, leaving my beach a complete disaster, things are broken, litter on the beach and everywhere else, and vandalism by the punk kids that they bring along.

I effin hate tourist season.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:16 am
My day sucks. It's made me want to cry and scream and cry again.

And it's not even 2:30.

So, that's what I'm going to do, 'cause everyone's leaving and won't be here to hear me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:48 pm
La dee dah dee dah.

sad

So bored.  

Reese_Roper

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:18 pm
Everyone seems to disapper when Kirby leaves...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:41 am
Yay, somebody else saw Transformers! Told ya it was really good. I might actually go out and get the DVD as well (seems like something that would actually be worth seeing again.)

Tourists are pretty crazy... haha, I loved Tak's list. I've seen people do the majority of those things (well, at least when I use to go to the beach.) I haven't been to the beach now in... 3 years or so. I live in Indiana, so it takes some effort to go somewhere and find one.  

BlackHawkGS

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:21 pm
Hmm, I dont think I would by Transformers, just because I have a tendency to watch something once then never again. stressed I have the blockbuster thing where I can order movies and they send them to me in the mail. I like that, it works for me.

And you know Hawk, I should come and kidnap you. I am horrified that you have not been to a beach in 3 years.. just horrified. The beach is my life! I live at the beach. Actually.. I just got home from it. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:57 pm
Oh, JakAttack. You kidnapping me would be awesome. Indiana weather lately is either extremely hot and miserable or sustained thunderstorms over a 3-day period. Pile that on top of the fact that my mom has been bitchy as hell lately and I would have to say that the conditions I'm writing in are far from ideal.

Plus going to the beach would just be fun xd

On an un-related note: I'm only 6k gold away from completing my ultimate avatar. It'll be almost a complete rewrite of what I have now... mwuahahaa.  

BlackHawkGS

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:28 pm
Oh yes, I shall put it on my list then -writes 'Kidnap Hawk from Indiana for awesome Beach time'- Good to go. Besides, once I decided I want to publish my book, and can actually find a publisher, I am holding an autograph party for those just in the Guild. I am going to get you all plane tickets to come to Florida and we can party at my Beach house! And teach all ya'll how to live it up and party hard on the beach! xd

I would give you some Gold to help you with your Avatar.. but sadly, I am poor. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:18 pm
xd It's funny, everytime you bring up your novel I have this huge urge to jump into my own story and start writing. If we keep having conversations about it, I might actually finish this thing!

I love that autograph party idea 3nodding And I'll go ahead and wish you luck on the publishing process. Not sure how tough the whole thing is, but it would make me extremely happy to see your book sitting on the shelf of a bookstore. At least one of us benefited from all this critiquing xd

Oh, I already gave up and forked over $2.50 to Gaia so I could finish my dream avi. I looooove it heart heart heart  

BlackHawkGS

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:54 pm
Tis amazing! And you got awfully tan for not being to the beach in 3 years! lol. My current shade, is a a bit darker then my Avatar. At the beach 4 times a week. It is marrvoolous.  
General Chatter (spam)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 350 351 352 353 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games