Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Music Club ~ [[Open 2061-2062]] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Hogwarts Music Club

We, the Music Club, celebrate music and the performing arts. We are based in the music room on the third floor, left corridor. We are always accepting those who have a love of music or enjoying performing. We accept all forms of performers: singers, dancers, musicians. Former students Katrina Varren and Ariana Hawthorne formed the club because of a shared love of music and performing. The club meets once a week.

Club Captain(s) and/or Vice Captain(s):

Mason Olson - Hufflepuff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:25 pm
Member List

Stella Stone - Slytherin
Tàmhas Ghobhainn - Hufflepuff
Olivia Scott-Wright - Gryffindor
Sebastian Moon - Gryffindor
Luna Lovette

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:33 pm
Announcements

*TO BE UPDATED*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:27 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Music Club

Leonette skipped to the first meeting of the music club. She was one of the club leaders so she had to be early. Being the first one there she started setting up the room like she remembered her cousin always did. She missed her sometimes. Though, she planned on singing today. Her nervous all but gone with the idea of singing in front of David. He was her boyfriend and she knew he'd like it no matter how it turned out. Granted it probably wasn't entirely true.

"I sure hope David shows up today." Leonette thought out loud as she figited with the feather in her hair. 'I wonder how many people will show...' she thought to herself. Oh she hoped lots of people came. Maybe her sister would show... god she hoped not. That overly critical girl would give Leonette a complex.

With: No one yet

Wearing: Dressed all nice

OOC: ---

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:59 pm
User Image
David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Conditional Second Heir of the Avery Family/Clan
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 14
Year at Hogwarts: Fourth
Wearing: Casual Clothes
Dating Leonette Mitchell

So, I managed to beat my sister here-and Wendy.

David had known he was going to arrive ridiculously early to the music cldub, and figured he'd either run into the blonde Hufflepuff or Leonette since they were co-owners of the club or possibly both. He hoped it was just Leo but he couldn't be fully confident of it. Or that he wasn't there before either co-owner showed up. Though, he knew he wanted to beat his little sister (and probably Wendy, since apparently she was musically skilled in harp and viola he thought she had said) to the club. David paused thinking to knock on the open door as he entered when he saw just Leo there, but decided not to and instead walked in as he watched her fidgeting with her feathered headband.

"I didn't get the memo that semi-formal attire was required for the club," David joked as he dropped his bag in the corner. Honestly, Leo was far more dressed down than any of his family dressed-his sister and mother were constantly in what was considered professional or more formal attire-in his sister's case he had only see her not wear a skirt or dress outside of say flying, so few times he could count the times on just his fingers. And, he dressed fairly stiffly most of the time, he figured, but most people weren't like that. Leo didn't dress in dresses as often as he saw her in dresses lately, not that he minded, it looked good on her, it was just a change.

He sat down at the piano bench and began to play a few scales one handed quietly. "Anyways, sorry for arriving so early. If you need any help setting up feel free to ask. I just wanted to be here before Wendy might decide to show up or my sister does. I'm fairly sure Wendy will be here partially no thanks to my sister, but I guess Wendy can play the viola and harp fairly well."

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:40 pm
User Image

Leonette spun around when she heard David’s voice. “Oh, no… this is nothing really.” She told him. “Is it too much?” she asked looking herself over. She’d been trying to dress more like a girl then the tomboy she was. Her father had found it rather odd when she asked him about getting a few dresses for her wardrobe. The girl never wore dresses or anything girly for that matter.

Watching David sit down at the piano bench she wondered if he’d ever think he was good enough to play in front of others. After all she had lost her music partner and needed to find a new one unless she just winged it. “Don’t worry about it. It’s actually really nice getting a fragment of alone time.” She said sitting next to him. “So I’m I going to get you to play in front of an audience this year?” Leonette asked him with a smile.

With: David

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:20 am
User Image
David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Dating Leonette Mitchell

"Too much? Not really," David answered. "Then again I'm not the best judge. of what is overly formal or not. I like the outfit, but that's just my personal opinion. I was curious that is all." He didn't say anymore as he continued with one hand and absentminded he continued with scale exercises.

He glanced up missing a note and stopping as Leo sat beside him and he quickly pulled away his hand from the keys. He had to agree Leo was right about the alone time though he was thrown off by her question about getting him to play in front of an audience. "It wouldn't be all that impossible to get that more if you wanted. It isn't like any of my relatives at Hogwarts or Mira are old enough to go to Hogsmeade for an example, though, I doubt I would consider there being alone."

"And there are plenty of places in Hogwarts to avoid people. If you weren't so busy all the time it would be easier to have this sort of time," He added before considering what Leo said about getting him to play in front of an audience and he let out a small groan.

"I never picked up piano to play in front of an audience. Why? Do you want me to play in front of an audience this year? I technically can. I just generally would rather not," He said with a sigh staring at Leo. If Leo told him that she wanted him to play in front of an audience he probably would, considering he spent most of the summer practicing piano, partially due to a lack of anything else to do, but generally his playing was technical and exact, instead of flowing effortlessly like many musicians pulled off, however, it was partially because of his perfectionism that he had practiced as much as he did-and it was stress relieving. He waited for Leo to answer about him playing in front of an audience while he returned to practicing similar scale exercises before.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:00 am
User Image

Leonette smiled, she aimed to impress. It just so happened that he liked her outfit so that was a relief. “I know it’s a far stretch from jeans and a t-shirt but I’m glad you like it.” She commented. Yeah she tried hard but that jean and t-shirt girl was still very much in there.

Clearly something threw David off by Leonette’s question. However that wasn’t until he told her that alone time wasn’t improbable just hard because she was so busy. ‘Why do I have such a busy schedule?’ she questioned herself officially hatting that she was so busy. “I’m sorry I’m always so busy. I promise I’ll make it up to you.” Leonette told him. “How about we hang out after this? Just you and me.” She suggested hoping he’d go for it.

“Well I was wondering if I could get you to maybe be my instrumentalist. Chloe graduated last year so I’m without a music partner.” Leonette explained. "But it's okay if you don't want too. I'm not pressuring you or anything." she added. She wasn't going to make him preform in front of everyone if he didn't want too. Though it sure would be nice she'd have to admit.

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:31 am
User Image
David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Dating Leonette Mitchell

I could probably manage that request with enough practice, and it isn't like I don't have the time...

"Is it that far of a stretch?" David asked half curious about Leo's mention about the difference of clothes. Then again, he grew up in a family where his father wore a tie almost all the time, even at home and his mother was always dressed in formal attire. And, Cathy... her fashion choices were in many ways like their mother's.

Pausing he listened as Leo apologized about being so busy and he sighed, "Don't worry about it." That was when Leo asked him about hanging out after this and he paused a second before letting out a short laugh, "Do you honestly think I'd turn that down? I did show up early after all to hopefully have caught you between activities," He admitted before glancing at his watch, "Though, I figure it won't be too long before other people show up."

He sat back on the bench listening as Leo explained why she asked him about performing in front of people and raised a brow. "You know technically you've never actually heard me play the piano. I could quite reasonably be terrible. I only started two summers ago and I never actually practiced with anyone..." He said trailing off before glancing away and adding, "Though, I suppose if I didn't you'd end up having to find someone else and that would be one more thing you would be busy with..."

He glanced back at her and asked, "So what songs do I need to learn? I generally stick to classical pieces but that has just been a personal preference when it is just up to me."
murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:08 pm
User Image

“For me, yes it is.” Leonette nodded. Yeah coming from David whose family seemed to dress formal all the time it made sense why did it didn’t seem that drastic. At least she was with a guy who didn’t care about material things like that.

Okay, so maybe she didn’t have to apologize. Though, she could still feel bad about it. He was her boyfriend she should be spending more time with him. Leonette smiled as she shook her head. “No, I didn’t think so.” She replied. Now she had a plan and it had to be the best plan because it meant spending more time with David and less time fretting over everything else.

“So?” Leonette knew she’d never heard him play but that didn’t mean that she didn’t know he was good. “I honestly doubt you’re terrible at it. If you were you probably wouldn’t be still playing, knowing you.” She added. Though, when David said yes all bets were off about just how happy he made her. “You’re the best David!” Leonette told him before suddenly hugging him.

Leonette couldn’t have been happier. As she let go she said, “Just these three.” Pulling the sheets of music from off the top of the piano, she was kind of banking on him saying yes. The three songs being that of Let it go, A Thousand Years, and Heart by Heart. All were equally pretty in their own right. “I hope you won’t entirely dislike my song choices.” Leonette added hoping not.

It was only a matter of time before their time together was going to be interrupted so Leonette wasn’t afraid to make the most of the time she did have with just him. Especially when his sister or second cousin would arrive at anytime…

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxThe Current League Siblingsxxx

David Sinclair League
Ravenclaw House Member
Conditional Second Heir of the Avery Family
DOB: December 25, 2012
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//
xxxxxxHawthorne//Fairy Hair
Dating: Leonette Mitchell

Cathaline Acacia League
Hufflepuff House Member
Year at Hogwarts: Second
DOB: August 3, 2014
Wand: Springy and Spiraled//8 1/2 inches//
Acacia Wood//Fairy Hair Core
Wearing: pink

David had thought to say something more in regards to the fact she didn't happen to need to make any drastic change to what she wore, yet he was quickly distracted by the rest of the conversation that was more relevant, the actual favor she had asked of him and his response. He let out a short laugh at Leo's logic about how whether he was any good at piano or not since he probably wouldn't have continued with it if he was terrible at it. He shrugged when Leo acknowledged his agreement and she quickly hugged him saying he was the best and letting go fairly quick and piled several sheets of music to him and said he hoped that he wouldn't entirely dislike her song choices.

"I doubt that me being the best is the general consensus about anything," David answered a bit flustered as he looked through the music and the three songs and read them. "Anyways, these are a bit more modern in tastes than I'm used to, but I probably can handle them with some practice..."

He frowned slightly as he placed "Heart by Heart" in front on the piano's music stand, he started slowly with a few of the cords as he read the piece. "Aren't you two cozy," a cold voice said as there was a click of low heels on the stone room as Wendy Chaisty entered the room. He glanced up to see her and his sister following closely behind.

"It isn't anything that would bother you or the rest of the family, technically," David answered. "If I was you I'd be more concerned about attending all of your classes. Or don't attend flying, I don't care. But if you don't, you better start studying for all four varieties of muggle studies that you will be starting your third year, because anything less than an O is unacceptable. I'm going to make you take the general one, regardless, since it would be best considering your father and my grandparents I doubt you got even a basic education in that subject material so the class wouldn't hurt you anyways, but that is less than a total of four."

Wendy narrowed her eyes at him and crossed her arms and made a short tsk. Cathy looked at David and said surprised, "You care about flying classes?"

David raised a brow, "It is a required first year course. Anyways, Cathy, you should take Healing next year since it'll be a practical course for your own personal use, right?"

"Huh?" Cathy said confused.

"Bludgers I assume hurt pretty bad," David answered before returning to looking over the music and he glanced at Leo and asked pointing to the music, "Anyways, Leo, which song should I begin working on first? And when do you want me to have them ready by? I'm horrible at sight reading."

Cathy narrowed her eyes fairly annoyed at first Leo and then David, before puffing her cheeks and finally letting out a long sigh crossing her arms assuming that Leo had just told David. Though, apparently he had taken the news fairly well, but the idea of taking healing was a bit alarming, she didn't have that much interest in the class, and she tended to struggle with the more complicated magic and science wasn't her strength before she went to Hogwarts so she doubted she would do all that great in something like healing. Cathy then glanced to Wendy who raised a brow and shrugged, "What I didn't say anything, but I assume you made the team then? Congratulations, I suppose it is nice to have diverse talents."

User Image

Wendy Madeline Chaisty
Slytherin House Member
Year at Hogwarts: First
DOB: January 14, 2015
Wand: Inflexible and Decorated Shaft//
xxxxxxHazel and Merpeople Scales
Wearing: In Blue, gold, and grey

Being a mere branch member is not enough...
I have plans for a better spot in the family tree.
I have already earned it: and I will continue to do so.
murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

ﬡᕍ , ℱℱᓰﬡ
ϒ,

。∴°•.・☆location☆・.•°∴。*゚: Music club Room
                                                      。∴°•.・★thoughts★・.•°∴。*゚: Shayna: Oh my...
                                                      Celaena: What did I get myself into?
                                                              。∴°•.・☆companions☆・.•°∴。*゚: Others in the room (David, Leo, Cathy, Wendy)
                                                                      。∴°•.・★wearing★・.•°∴。*゚: clothing

Shayna was waiting in the hall for Celaena. The younger had begged her to go with since it was her first time and she couldn't say no to her younger cousin. Call it a weakness if you must. The brunette waited about four minutes before she saw her blonde haired cousin running down the hall. The prefect was going to take points, that was until she saw how cute Celaena looked. She was adorable! Almost like a porcelaine doll!! She smiled and patted the girl on the shoulder before they both headed off to the music room. Shayna wondered why it was Celaena hadn't asked Sapphire. The girl's first go to should have been her sister. Not her older cousin. But whatever. She was now being dragged technically because of her kind heart, to the music room.

Celaena was nervous. She had never played her flute infront of anyone, and the blonde was beginning to rethink going. She had asked Sapphire but her older sister didn't want anything to do with it. She wished her luck, but Sapphire wasn't going to go to the club run by 'those people'. Whatever that meant. She had instead gone to her older cousin and she was happy that Shayna had said yes to going. She was only a few moments late when she saw the older girl. They headed out once Shayna approved of the outfit and were soon at the doors to the music room. They entered and Celaena took note of four people already inside. David, Cathy Wendy and Leonette. Shayna recognized David and Leo, she wasn't sure about the other two, then she remembered the sorting this year and the red head was definitely from there. Good. First years needed a good outlet. The two smiled, Celaena more shyly than Shayna was. "Hello! I think we are a bit early, but Laena was so excited." Shayna said happily. Celaena paled in comparison as she waved nervously at Cathy.

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:48 am
User Image

Leonette believed otherwise. David was the best in her books and it was definitely one of the main reasons to her why he did things for her. Regardless she was sure he could handle her musical choices, music was music after all. “I’m sure you can too.” She said with a smile. Noticing the song that David placed in front of him Leonette had a feeling she knew which song she’d be singing next.

When she heard a rather cold voice Leonette looked over to see who it was. Surprise, surprise it was none other than Wendy. “Hello, you must be Wendy.” Leonette greeted. Listening to David’s words about the girl skipping she wondered how he found out or course she figured Mira was probably his sort of information.

When he mentioned Cathy playing on the Quidditch team Leonette froze. Course she was given a glare as if she was the one who told him. The fourth year had no idea he found out… unless… “How’d you find out about that…?” she asked trailing off. “You came to the game didn’t you?” she asked knowing she kind of was supposed to tell him when she found out. Luckily she didn’t have to because he figured it out on his own, she kind of figured he would.

“Well… you can start with the one you happen to have in front of you, and as far as timeline goes you can have them ready anytime really. I’m not rushing you.” Leonette answered with a small smile. “Oh, and if you happen to like any music with vocals I’d be happy to learn them for you. Partnerships work both ways.” She added with a smile.

Looking to the door as Shayna and Celaena came in Leonette smiled. “Hey Shayna, Celaena.” She knew Shayna thanks to her cousin and she knew Celaena thanks to Quidditch so she was pretty acquainted with everyone. Leonette had yet to share the news that her and David were dating now but knew that Shayna would ultimately be happy for her. What was with the Gryffindor’s of her family dating Ravenclaws? Her father was surprisingly the same way.

“Don’t worry about it I don’t consider you guys all that early although Victor might think so.” Leonette said clearly not minding. Sadly Victor hadn’t shown up yet if he didn’t she figured she’d be running the show, which wouldn’t be all bad she guessed.

With: David, Wendy, Cathy, Celaena, and Shayna

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

mc2
shabatha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxThe Current League Siblingsxxx

David Sinclair League
Ravenclaw House Member
Conditional Second Heir of the Avery Family
DOB: December 25, 2012
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//
xxxxxxHawthorne//Fairy Hair
Dating: Leonette Mitchell

Cathaline Acacia League
Hufflepuff House Member
Year at Hogwarts: Second
DOB: August 3, 2014
Wand: Springy and Spiraled//8 1/2 inches//
Acacia Wood//Fairy Hair Core
Wearing: pink

Wendy raised a brow when Leonette greeted her by name and let out a small sigh, "That is my first name. I wasn't aware that it made much of a difference. Who I am beyond my position on the Avery family tree is pointless. And you are?" She added with a polite smile that didn't reach her eyes as she glanced to Cathy who was glaring at Leo until she had asked David how he found out about Cathy playing quidditch.

"Anyways, Wendy Chaisty meet Leonette Mitchell. Now, moving on," David said annoyed before changing the subject and answering about the quidditch game that Leo asked about "Why would I go to a quidditch game? I am not particularly fond of the so-called sport. I have plenty of ways of finding out information if I want to,"

Cathy rolled her eyes at what her brother said and asked quickly, "Which chaser scored the one goal in the game?"

"That was Le-" David paused as he started to answer his sister's question as he was distracted by looking over the sheets of music. He narrowed his eyes at Cathy and said, "Really, Catie?"

She shrugged and stuck out a tongue at her brother and said, "Are you sure you seriously going to stick to that story that you weren't there? I'm sure someone else saw you there if someone bothered asking enough people."

David rolled his eyes and instead answered Leonette about the music, "These will keep me busy for a couple weeks at least and I suppose we do need to sort out synchronizing things at some point first." He glanced over at Celeana who was the blonde haired girl that was one of Cathy's friends and apparently Sapphire's little sister, not that he knew all that much about Celeana one way or another. As for Shayna all he knew she was one of the upperclassmen Ravenclaws. Returning his attention to the music he returned to the paino's music stand he said throwing up a hand, "Hello, by the way. Celaena at least already knows my sister... and I think you may have run into Miss Chaisty at the train station at the beginning of this year, Celaena."

Cathy raised a brow at her brother, before bouncing over to Celaena said, "I didn't know you were interested in music too. Do you play something? I mean I joined this because my brother did last year, he's way better at music than I am. But, that's because he invested more time in practicing an instrument. And Wendy can play the viola and harp fairly well."

"I've been playing both for almost five years, I would say it is better than merely fairly well," Wendy said with an annoyed sigh at Cathy. And with Celeana here it was like the giddy blonde annoying happiness of Cathy was doubled or something. She glanced away with a sigh as she took a seat and opened her viola case and pulled out a music book which she began looking through. It wasn't she really was planning to necessarily contribute by playing, or not right off, but looking over the music gave her something to do instead of dealing with everyone.

User Image

Wendy Madeline Chaisty
Slytherin House Member
Year at Hogwarts: First
DOB: January 14, 2015
Wand: Inflexible and Decorated Shaft//
xxxxxxHazel and Merpeople Scales
Wearing: In Blue, gold, and grey

Being a mere branch member is not enough...
I have plans for a better spot in the family tree.
I have already earned it: and I will continue to do so.
murruelecreuset
shabatha

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:18 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Music Club

Alice skipped to the music club with Jasper at her side. Her skipping was just enough to keep up with his walking speed. Entering the club she noticed that Victor wasn’t there. It was a bit depressing but that didn’t stop Alice from being happy that she kept her word. She’d told him she and Jasper were going to join this year and sure enough they were there.

Jasper wasn’t as excited to be going to the music club but he wasn’t against the idea of it. He had been taught guitar when he was younger before being thrown into the orphanage. It just so happened to be one of the few things he liked although he stopped playing and hadn’t picked it up since.

Entering the room Alice smiled brightly. “Hello everyone my name’s Alice and this is Jasper.” She introduced them both as she made her way over to them. “Victor suggested we come.” She added still nothing but smiles. Jasper realized that they actually didn’t know anyone by the looks of things. Which may be a scary thing but that didn’t mean that they couldn’t make some friends. “Hi.” Jasper said politely in his usual quiet tone.

Wearing: All in Blue

Wearing: Matching Alice

With: Each other... Club members

mc2
shabatha

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers