Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:18 am
This thread is meant for members to voice their concerns or ask any questions concerning the guild and it's mechanics. We would also greatly appreciate being told if there is a move or ability we missed, a pokemon that should be in an area that isn't, or questions for clarification. We want to make sure that your experience here is a positive one, and will do the best we can to achieve that. However, seeing that the Guild is still in Beta testing, we also appreciate patience and understanding. We're doing the best we can to get every system up and running. C:

We are aware that:

-Not all areas have images
-Safari Zones are funky (This concept is still under construction)
-Not all area specific item locations are included in first posts of areas, it's best to refer to the Pokemart item master list for this information currently.

However if you have other concerns or want clarification, feel free to ask. c:  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:13 am
*snaps up the QCC thread's virginity*

Ah yes, my goal in life is complete. I may now die happy.

...Anyways, in the Poke Mart/Items thread, under the Ability Capsule description, it says "Notes: Can also be used to regain an ability lost through evolution. "

Does that mean a pokemon like an Umbreon could be re-taught an ability like Adapdability?

And for the Balm Mushroom, do you have to choose which pokemon you're giving it to before your roll for the move type, assuming you aren't giving it a move of its own typing?

Oh, and I asked this back in HL but I figured it might have changed- can you have more than one mega-evolved pokemon at once? (And I assume we cannot claim stones as part of the anniversary/opening event?)  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:22 am
TheWhiteDragonfly
*snaps up the QCC thread's virginity*

Ah yes, my goal in life is complete. I may now die happy.

...Anyways, in the Poke Mart/Items thread, under the Ability Capsule description, it says "Notes: Can also be used to regain an ability lost through evolution. "

Does that mean a pokemon like an Umbreon could be re-taught an ability like Adapdability?

And for the Balm Mushroom, do you have to choose which pokemon you're giving it to before your roll for the move type, assuming you aren't giving it a move of its own typing?

Oh, and I asked this back in HL but I figured it might have changed- can you have more than one mega-evolved pokemon at once? (And I assume we cannot claim stones as part of the anniversary/opening event?)

Heehee~ Well I'm glad your goal is complete, but please don't die xD

I'm sorry, but no, that was something I forgot to edit out when looking over the master list. Unfortunately this effect could be really abused in the guild, and so we cannot allow it >~>

For the Balm Mushroom, Yes, you must choose which pokemon you are giving it to first before generating what type of move it can be taught if you are not giving it a move of it's own type.

You may have more than one mega evolved pokemon at once yes, and megastones are considered an event item here, so yes, you may claim them in the grand opening/ anniversary thread. c:  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:41 am
SpectralEternity

I'm sorry, but no, that was something I forgot to edit out when looking over the master list. Unfortunately this effect could be really abused in the guild, and so we cannot allow it >~>

For the Balm Mushroom, Yes, you must choose which pokemon you are giving it to first before generating what type of move it can be taught if you are not giving it a move of it's own type.

You may have more than one mega evolved pokemon at once yes, and megastones are considered an event item here, so yes, you may claim them in the grand opening/ anniversary thread. c:

:p

Aww. It makes sense though, hehe. I...could definitely see it being abused ~w~

*Picks fire type for balm mushroom* ... *rolls number for fire* ... haha, hopefully this never happens

OH MY GOSH YES //cries because there's so many good items and I haven't a clue what to pick because that gs ball is cool, but so is balm mushroom, and ...and...urk

Thanks for the timely answers. I was looking over the rules, and I noticed a couple things:

In Battle Info
Under Battle Information, Speed, it mentions a Pansear at level 15 and a Rattata at level 12, but it seems like maybe they should both be the same level for the example?
Under Status Conditions, I'm not sure if you did this on purpose, but none of the added effects of status are there (burn lower attack, paralysis lower speed, etc. ) Also, Confusion seems a bit overpowered since it does full damage at the attacker, but I dunno if that's the way it's actually calculated in the games or not. I always assumed it was a fraction.

In Rules, Guidelines and Tips
First post, Under Gaining Exp, It just says you increase the exp cap each level "until you reach 50 exp to level up," which my pea-brain wouldn't be able to translate into -the exp cap stops raising at 50 per level- or something along those lines. Dunno if you want to add that in.

Hopefully this is helpful and not nitpicky 3nodding  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:04 am
TheWhiteDragonfly
SpectralEternity

*Picks fire type for balm mushroom* ... *rolls number for fire* ... haha, hopefully this never happens

OH MY GOSH YES //cries because there's so many good items and I haven't a clue what to pick because that gs ball is cool, but so is balm mushroom, and ...and...urk

Thanks for the timely answers. I was looking over the rules, and I noticed a couple things:

In Battle Info
Under Battle Information, Speed, it mentions a Pansear at level 15 and a Rattata at level 12, but it seems like maybe they should both be the same level for the example?
Under Status Conditions, I'm not sure if you did this on purpose, but none of the added effects of status are there (burn lower attack, paralysis lower speed, etc. ) Also, Confusion seems a bit overpowered since it does full damage at the attacker, but I dunno if that's the way it's actually calculated in the games or not. I always assumed it was a fraction.

First post, Under Gaining Exp, It just says you increase the exp cap each level "until you reach 50 exp to level up," which my pea-brain wouldn't be able to translate into -the exp cap stops raising at 50 per level- or something along those lines. Dunno if you want to add that in.

Since I think those were all mine, I can say with absolute certainty that this is extremely helpful x3 I originally had a different system up for speed, out of necessity, but was able to change it, and forgot to alter the example situation accordingly. So thank you for pointing that out ^^
For the status conditions, yes, we left those out because it was getting a bit too complicated, and for now, we wanted to try and at least make the battle mechanics as simple as we could, and see how things go.
The games have a different system, and while I'm working on editing the speed, I'll take another look at the Confusion ailment and see what I can do : )

Hmmm.... I'll take another look at the wording and see if I can adjust that, too, to be more clear, or at least add in another line to reaffirm what that means ^^

Thank you for the feedback!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:04 am
TheWhiteDragonfly
SpectralEternity

In Battle Info

Yes, I'm sorry ; w; Thank you for pointing that out though so it could be fixed.

Haha well I'm glad you're excited, we worked hard to provide a variety~

In the speed example, they were a few levels apart to illustrate the new rule that pokemon who are only five levels apart or less must still roll to see who goes first, but we scratched that idea and forgot to edit the example pokemon levels. >w> Thank you.

We are aware that the status conditions don't have the extra effects that they normally do in the games, we tried adding them in but it started to get really complicated and no one liked they way it was looking so we just stuck with the basics.

In the games it's actually equal to the attack stat, so we were trying to figure out a way to implement that. The closest thing we could come up with was the base attack of that move plus any stat additions or reductions, and not include type effectiveness.

Haha good point, alright I'll see if I can word that a little better. x3

No it's not nitpicky at all~ Thank you for your feedback c:  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:24 am
Loonamist

SpectralEternity

Hehe, looks like we got a ninja on our hands

Ahh, so happy to be helpful~
And thanks for explaining everything, I appreciate it!

Oh, also, this is kinda like a suggestion, but I was in charge of a Pokemon Guild once, and there were a couple little features that I found kinda nifty. I know most of these are things that'd happen after the guild's been open for more than 24 hours, but I'm excited and wanted to share haha

One was story events that were kind of like the ones in HL2, except your character would exist in the events and outside of them at the same time, and you'd sort of sign up before they started (I found this was great, since it allowed for people to not get too antsy if things take awhile)

Another was missions for people who belonged to the region's evil organization. I remember we had a list with admins and grunts and stuff, but that might get a bit complicated here. Anyways, it was a list that could be found that was just "missions" that people could take to give them an idea of what to have their character do. It might help to drive the plot here, and along with Ranger missions could be pretty cool... (Maybe even make an evil org. ranking system too).

I also remember we had small "missions" just for normal trainers and the like. These were usually location-based, one-time-only things such as "Find Suzy's lost Meowth" or something that could be used to give people something to do / maybe even have small rewards. I think we used something called a Ranger Alerts announcement thread where I would post new missions / anything big happening to get people in on a plot. It was kinda cool to, say, have a festival in one city that wasn't necessarily an official "event" but something people could roleplay if they happened to pass through.

Ermagersh okay I'll stop now, haha. Ya'll is just so friendly I can't help but want to share~  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:26 am
Comment: OH MY GOSH ACHIEVEMENT THREAD SO COOL SO EXCITED

That is all.  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:42 am
TheWhiteDragonfly
Loonamist

SpectralEternity

Hehe, looks like we got a ninja on our hands

Ahh, so happy to be helpful~
And thanks for explaining everything, I appreciate it!

Oh, also, this is kinda like a suggestion, but I was in charge of a Pokemon Guild once, and there were a couple little features that I found kinda nifty. I know most of these are things that'd happen after the guild's been open for more than 24 hours, but I'm excited and wanted to share haha

One was story events that were kind of like the ones in HL2, except your character would exist in the events and outside of them at the same time, and you'd sort of sign up before they started (I found this was great, since it allowed for people to not get too antsy if things take awhile)

Another was missions for people who belonged to the region's evil organization. I remember we had a list with admins and grunts and stuff, but that might get a bit complicated here. Anyways, it was a list that could be found that was just "missions" that people could take to give them an idea of what to have their character do. It might help to drive the plot here, and along with Ranger missions could be pretty cool... (Maybe even make an evil org. ranking system too).

I also remember we had small "missions" just for normal trainers and the like. These were usually location-based, one-time-only things such as "Find Suzy's lost Meowth" or something that could be used to give people something to do / maybe even have small rewards. I think we used something called a Ranger Alerts announcement thread where I would post new missions / anything big happening to get people in on a plot. It was kinda cool to, say, have a festival in one city that wasn't necessarily an official "event" but something people could roleplay if they happened to pass through.

Ermagersh okay I'll stop now, haha. Ya'll is just so friendly I can't help but want to share~

So glad to see you're so excited! With things as busy as they are (and everyone eager to rp), we won't be able to make modifications or additions for a bit, but we appreciate the ideas nonetheless!

Unfortunately, because of the idea of the rp system-- which is to have a trainer go through their journey, and experience it-- we likely won't be allowing people to be in two places at the same time, so to speak. That being said, we do plan on giving timelines and estimations for events, and making things as open as we can so that people don't get stuck for too long, even if something unexpected comes up : )

As for the missions, we're trying to keep the 'bad guy groups' and the plots that go with them open, so I'm not sure we'll be creating a rank system or missions for the bad guys, especially since there are so characters that are actually members of the groups. We will, however, likely have events, small and big, that involve some of that, including 'sightings' of NPC's, 'mischievous pokemon', and other similar things to give trains something to do now and then, and get little rewards, though to give it it's own spotlight, the Ranger system will likely be receiving a lot of the missions. That being said, we still plan on trying to make it so that there will be things for everyone, we just want to keep the incentives for using the Ranger system there to at least some extent ^^

We're extremely excited for all the ideas we've been talking over, from berry-runs to helping the Farmers on all the different ranches, and I'm definitely glad to see you so excited to share your ideas >w< We still have a good deal to get nailed down, but I think we're all hoping to do that over the next few weeks while everyone settles in, and hopefully once the beta testing is done, and people have been able to relax, we can start implementing ideas like this, and really digging into all the wonderful ideas I'm sure you all have to offer * w* I imagine we'll make a thread for ideas specifically, so that they could be discussed and collected for consideration, and everyone can give their input on events and other additions that are brought up.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:19 pm
CONGRATULATIONS! -throws confettit-

I was wondering how many pokemon you can take with you?  

Kina Inzuka

Fuzzy Pup

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:05 pm
Kina Inzuka
CONGRATULATIONS! -throws confettit-

I was wondering how many pokemon you can take with you?
12 total. 6 in party and 6 out of party pokemon.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:55 pm
The 1-18 list of types for Balmmushroom, where can I find that?  

Noble Ambition

Newbie Genius

Darkie Ramirez Werepyre

Devoted Codger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:43 pm
Noble Ambition

There isn't any specific list, you just generate a random number between 1 and 18 and designate a type to each number, I don't think it has to be done in any specific order particularly. Whatever number the RNG spits out, you can teach the Pokemon you're feeding the mushroom to a move that is whatever type the number corresponds to. So, for example, you generate, say... a 4, and you assigned that particular number to whatever type you picked to place there, let's say... the Steel type. So you can arrange your type lists however you want, but what you get is what you get. Hope this is a reasonable explanation x3
If you want a listing of all 18 types in Pokemon, Serebii and Bulbapedia are excellent resources for those and anything else Pokemon related.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:53 pm
Darkie Ramirez Werepyre
Noble Ambition

There isn't any specific list, you just generate a random number between 1 and 18 and designate a type to each number, I don't think it has to be done in any specific order particularly. Whatever number the RNG spits out, you can teach the Pokemon you're feeding the mushroom to a move that is whatever type the number corresponds to. So, for example, you generate, say... a 4, and you assigned that particular number to whatever type you picked to place there, let's say... the Steel type. So you can arrange your type lists however you want, but what you get is what you get. Hope this is a reasonable explanation x3
If you want a listing of all 18 types in Pokemon, Serebii and Bulbapedia are excellent resources for those and anything else Pokemon related.

Oh so I just assign them 1 - 18 before i roll? Works for me.

Now where do I roll them razz I can't find a page!  

Noble Ambition

Newbie Genius

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:57 pm
Noble Ambition
Oh so I just assign them 1 - 18 before i roll? Works for me.

Now where do I roll them razz I can't find a page!

Ha, thanks for pointing that out.
The page should be up soon; we were missing it.  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff