Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harvest Moon: Rival Towns (Semi-Literate RP)

Back to Guilds

A RP World 

Tags: Harvest Moon, Town, Sem-Lit, Romance, Life 

Reply Yamada Town
Lafayette Residence/Blacksmith shop ~Angélique is IN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MewChibiChan

Rainbow Tycoon

7,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:57 pm
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:55 pm
User Image Angélique Lafayette
The Blacksmith

"A new challenger has entered the ring"
══════════════════════════════════╗

Finally a new start. Angélique had not been in Yamada village for very long. In fact it's only been about three weeks since she moved in. Mostly in that time she has been getting her shop up and ready for business; can't really put food on the table without any kind of income coming in. Luckily her mother gave her enough to start with so she wasn't starving. It was a nice little village, Angel really didn't know too much about it just that the unique building and style really seemed to speak with her. The beautiful atmosphere and buildings, and how things were set up a blacksmith was definitely something that could come in handy here. Angel was a professional at fixing any kind of tool: garden tools, mechanic devices, weapons; basically anything that could be fixed she could take care of it easily.

Angel had started her morning pretty late, woke up around 10am, had at least two cups of coffee while staring at the many boxes that still carried her clothing and other home furnishings. "I'll have to get to those..eventually.." she muttered to herself taking another sip of coffee. But unpacking boxes was the last thing on her mind today. Her store was technically opened three days ago but it came with very little customers and her store was still in boxes with things thrown everywhere! Today though she made it the official opening day and, despite her emotionless expression, she was very excited!

After finishing her coffee she cleaned up her cup before heading into the other part of her house that now doubled as her store. Everything was nice and organized (mostly). All the tools were in their place, the counter was nice and clean. Different swords decorated the walls, high enough that a ladder would be needed to grab them for a closer look. Now it was time for the finishing touch. Angel grabbed a large banner then walked to the front of the store and hung it across her window. In large, red letter it said "GRAND OPENING." Angel took a step back and smiled; it was finally time to open! She headed inside to start the day. There was a few tools she was hired to fix and she would be able to complete them today. With the sign outside now it would hopefully attract new customers.

╚══════════════════════════════════User Image

angelmage99

MewChibiChan

Rainbow Tycoon

7,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Full closet 200

angelmage99
Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:57 pm
User Image
Jun Sakamoto

Jun was always on the look out for any changes in his town. Sometimes it was small things like the changing of seasonal foods at the restaurants or sometimes they were the bigger things like when a couple got together. Jun always took note of that and thought about how he could use it in his daily art work. Sometimes it was a change is the scenery or the thought process of true love. He also looked for new mediums for his pieces and when the blacksmith opened, he saw his chance.

It took Jun a few days of what to do with this new development. At first he thought he could combine it with his daily inspirations, but that seemed to fail and his waste bin at his desk seemed to have more paper now then it normally ever did. He didn't even bother to clean it until he was sure he had the piece that would grace his next art show. The piece took three days to figure out and when the sketch was done he took it over to the new shop.

The artist came up to the door of the shop and at first wondered if he should knock and then settled on it being a bother to the other person if he was really supposed to go in like a normal shop. The man took the door nob and opened it. "Excuse me." He politely said as he shut the door. If he wasn't supposed to come in like this it may be forgiven at least. "I'm here about commissioning a piece." He added.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:53 am
The Blacksmith

Angélique returned to her work desk and began working on her first piece: a farmer in town broke a hoe that he had had forever and didn't want to get a new one. The break was actually pretty simple, it broke on the handle so all she had to do was carve a new one and pop it on the metal head. Simple and easy! Putting her long hair up into a ponytail she began her work. Angel loved doing jobs like this, it make her happy to help out someone in need. With her work this gardening tool would definitely have a few more years in his family. She checked over her pile and picked out the correct wood to carve, it would need to be sturdy and strong then she took it over to the machine and started to carve. Angel knew she had a problem with getting too involved in her work so she decided to put a bell on the door to try and grab her attention of customers entering her store.

She was about half done with the carving when she heard muffled ding come from the front door. "I'll be right with you! She shouted over the whirring. It took a few minutes for her to shut everything off safely and set her safety goggles and glasses aside before helping someone that just came in. It was a young man wearing clothes that she really wasn't used to seeing? Wait, this is Yamada, all the clothing is much different than where she is from. Remember to smile, Angel her father's voice rang in her head. Of course she hated her smile, but she couldn't have permanent b***h-face here, it was a new town and she had to make good impressions.

Angélique gave a small, polite smile and said; "I'm sorry, I could barely hear over the machine, did you say you were looking to commission something?"

angelmage99

MewChibiChan

Rainbow Tycoon

7,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Full closet 200

angelmage99
Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:13 am
User Image
Jun Sakamoto
MewChibiChan

Jun barely heard the woman over her machines. It seemed that this place was at least well supplied in terms of equipment. The man then spent his time looking around at her work area. Looking at any pieces she had on display to test the quality of her work. He didn't need something to fall down unless that is what he wanted. Sometimes his art moods would shift and he'd destroy his art for the sake of art.

His mind trailed to what type of metal he would want. If he wanted something strong or weak. He settled for weak, like a flower that would one day wither and die with the seasons. He wanted this one to mirror the flower. He then thought of the method. Well if it was a flower they will reappear each spring so he'd need a method that could be used over and over. Then the color. Did he want silver to match the white flowers, copper for red, or a gold color for yellow flowers. He settled for copper. then the his mind went to the fact that there are seasonal flowers and he had to pull out his sketch book to draw the other flowers of each season.

He was still barely beginning the second season's idea pool when Angel came in to offer him customer service. He frowned and set down the pad. He only had the first flower down. He bit his lip. He liked to do things all at once, but he couldn't. He was sure he could finish the other three by the time the first was done and do more work. It broke his heart, but he would do the first flower now.

"I want a metal casting of a flower." He responded as he turned to the page with the first flower. "I'll have more images for other flowers later, but I'd like to start with this first one." He added that they were be more work in the future. He flipped the book around to show her an image of a tulip that was going to need to be transcribed into metal form.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:44 pm
angelmage99

The Blacksmith

She looked over the man's sketch and took in what he was asking for. This guy..wanted metal flowers made? And not just one but multiples, of different shapes and design. Now this would be a challenge considering that just normal flowers themselves are very delicate. Ones made out of metal wouldn't be as much but with how thin the sheets would be, the fine detail that needed to go into it as well is a bit of a challenge. Normally, Angel would have turned something like this down. She used to working with big clunky things like weapons or tools. This..this was something completely new! Plus, Angel was a fan of flowers. Their colors, the scents, how they appear to welcome the spring. It was beautiful! Although she would never admit to liking them herself.

"So if my understanding is correct you would like me to shape your drawings into metal? Basically make it into a 3D model for something?" She asked, the. Bent down to pull out a few sheets of different thin metals, all of different textures and slight thickness.

"These are just examples of what I have in stock, I can use any of these if you'd like...can I also ask what it's for? It will give me a better understanding of what I'm going to make."

(OOC: I'm sorry, I'm on mobile at work so my replies won't be as long for now)

MewChibiChan

Rainbow Tycoon

7,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Full closet 200

MewChibiChan

Rainbow Tycoon

7,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:35 am
angelmage99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:24 am
User Image
Jun Sakamoto
MewChibiChan

((Sorry. I worked late last night and when I got home I was too tired to post.))

Jun gave a toothy smiled as she went over his drawing of the tulip. It was going to be his first piece. This was just the first piece was going order, but as time went on he was bound to order more pieces and different flowers. "This is just the first one. I'm working on different flowers for the season, but I haven't settled on anything else yet." He told her as showed his small sample of the next page as a sneak peek.

"I work as a jack-of-all-trades artist in this town. I do art, music, drama, and writing as a living. This piece will be part of my gallery every spring to suggest the season or the mood of the gallery." The man answered. "Tulips are a spring flower that symbolize declaration of love, perfect love, and fame. So it can be used for a spring gallery or a gallery devoted to love or fame." Jun showed his thought process.

He seemed to get more excited as she pulled out the metal sheets. His hands started to feel their texture and moved them around to see their flexibility. He did several test on each of the metals to figure out which he was going to pick. In the end he seemed to settle on a cooper sheet. Probably because tulips were normally red or yellow.

That was when the man's face went blanks, like in a slight horror. He's eyes widen and his mouth slightly dropped. "I'm sorry. I'm being rude. I just got so excited." He responded to his thoughts. "I'm Jun Sakamoto, I'm a transplant to this area a few years ago." He said as he moved back and bowed. He was remembering his manners this time.  

angelmage99
Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

MewChibiChan

Rainbow Tycoon

7,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:01 am
angelmage99

The Blacksmith

Angel listened to his explanation and nod, understanding his use for the flowers now. It sounded interesting, an artist creating something unique for the season changes. It sounded beautiful, and her work would be involved in this! If he wanted to continue to work on this she would gladly help out. After all- she was a sucker for flowers. "That sounds amazing..and very interesting, I would love to see it once you're all done." She said with a small smile. She reached back and pulled her hair out of the pony tail and let it fall to it's original length just below her waist. She wasn't working with any heavy equipment at the moment so there was no need to keep it out of her face.

"I'm not much of an artist myself, but..I guess you can say my work is my own art? Those swords on the shelves are of my own creation. The blade, the hilt, even the engravings are all done by hand. Angel chuckled a bit then cleared her throat, allowing her expression to return to an emotionless state. "Although not maybe people seem to think so, considering it comes with lots of injuries." She looked at her hands and arms which were covered in cuts and bruises.

Angel leaned against the counter as he looked over the sheets of metal and spoke passionately about his work, in a way it was kind of cute. She liked people who were just as ambitious as herself, and art is difficult no matter what medium you use it in. Once he picked what to use Angel pulled out a document papers to write down exactly what he wanted. Of course she was not expecting him to apologize! Not once did she think the man was being rude so her eyes widened a bit seeing him bow towards her. Oh crap, oh crap what do I do? Do I bow back!? I'll bow back. Angel stepped back from her counter and bowed to him as well. "I am Angélique Lafayette, it's an honor to work with you on this project..also if that's a bit of a mouthful, just call me Angel." She stood and smiled at him. What a sweetheart.

"So, you have the design and picked out the sheets of metal you'd like, this document here just states that the work will be done just ask you asked and of course you'll be paying me appropriately." She slid the paper towards him to read and a pen to sign the bottom. "If I may suggest another spring flower? Look into the design of a Snap Dragon, it would be a bit of a difficult design but the uniqueness of it would turn some heads.

(ooc: It's okay! I thought I forgot to quote you last night so I did it again this morning just in case, turns out I did I just wasn't paying attention lol)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:19 am
User Image
Jun Sakamoto
MewChibiChan

Jun grinned ear to ear. It was clear that they were going to get along. They both seem to be able to talk about their respective crafts in a way that said they could make it about the art of the craft. Even recommending additional ideas. The man was with glee, he may have just made a new friend.

When Angel pushed the sheet of paper over Jun started to look over it. He may be a fool to the arts, but he was almost a lawyer at one time and started to carefully read. "You know you have a beautiful name." He commented about shortening it. It wasn't that he wouldn't, but if this really was the beginning of a beautiful friendship then he may say her full name in affection here and there. Once he read through and agreed he signed his name.

"I didn't really think about doing more, but now that I think of it, it could increase my use of the language of the flowers in my work. I could even do a showcase on just the metal flowers. Like a forest of flowers. It may take time and a good bit of money, but that could be an interesting gallery wouldn't it. May it could be our greatest master piece together." The man was excited again and now that there were less formal boundaries to tie him back, his imagination was running wild.

"I'd love to see your other work. I mean master pieces are the greatest piece you have done with in a grouping. Like the best sword or maybe even type of sword. The same can be true for tools. The best hoe, the best rake, or the best hammer."  

angelmage99
Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

MewChibiChan

Rainbow Tycoon

7,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:26 pm
angelmage99
"

Angelique watched as he read over the paperwork. It wasn't anything huge, no loop holes or anything. Just the normal agreement to pay her for her services and he will receive full refund if the order is not what he asked for. When he made the comment about her name her cheeks turned a bit pink, "you seem to be the only one who thinks so, so far. Anyone else who hears it thinks it's too long or runs-" she stopped herself from saying any more before she got herself in trouble. Remember Angel, first impressions count she thought to herself before clearing her throats and thanking him for thinking her name was nice. As he spoke about doing more of this project with her, she couldn't help but crack a small smile. It sounded like they would be doing this for quite some time then! At only three weeks it felt like Angel would finally make a friend in this new town, and one that was interested in her own talent.

Then when he spoke of seeing her other work she seemed..excited! A large, slightly awkward grin appeared on her features and she unlocked the door separating the counter from the rest of the store. "tools are all well and good, but if you want to see some of my better projects they're in the back. I have some extra time so..if you'd like you can take a peak, I promise it will not be a waste of your time. With that said she lead Jun to the rest of her storage, it was a bit messier than the store front but she was right. Decorative swords and weapons and tools were almost at every corner. Her supplies were kept neat and tidy so she could easily start something new. In the middle of the room was a large furnace, bursting with flames hot enough to melt the strongest of metals. As she let him look around Angel pulled something from a work bench and brought it to him, "This is my current personal work, it's based off the old war fans from the East. I have the shape down, all I need is to find the correct colors and eventually it will be up for sale" She explained and held it out for him to take and inspect if he wished.

(Sorry for the lack of pretty post, I'm on mobile)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:17 pm
User Image
Jun Sakamoto
MewChibiChan

Jun grinned as they continued to talk about their arts. He was excited to see what she had in the back. Something told him this was just the beginning of a beautiful friendship. The artist followed Angel to the back. He wondered what else she could do and all the things they could do as a team.

After getting to the back Angel started to show off her projects. The one she seemed to be the most proud of at the moment was a war fan. The artist grabbed a hold of it since she offered and looked at it. "This is pretty cool." He commented as he thought about the coloring. She could do a lot with it and make it all kinds of fun.

He had gone on his little art rant, now it was her turn to go on hers and he was willing to listen since she was pretty cool herself. "When I come to visit next I'll have to show you more of what I do then those little sketches." He commented. This was turning into an art showing between them to reveal their thoughts.  

angelmage99
Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

MewChibiChan

Rainbow Tycoon

7,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:24 pm
The Blacksmith

Angel listened to his suggestion about the coloring of the the war fan and agreed. They spoke back and forth for quite some time about their work and how to add to what they had already. It was a pretty stimulating conversation; one that Angel was very happy to be a part of. It was hard to find people who were interested in her line of work. Most of the time they just ordered what they needed and leave. No idea what work goes into the actual work itself. It didn't bother her much, they were her customers and they paid for her work, not conversation. So this..this was nice, talking to someone who, in a way, understood what she does for a living.

Jun spoke of showing her more of his work and she felt a bit excited, even though he expression said otherwise. It was a little hard to show emotion sometimes. "That sounds lovely, although you did mention something about a gallery perhaps I can- Right as she spoke, a loud growling and gurgling noise erupted from her stomach. Her face turned red with embarrassment, "I'm..so sorry, I forgot to eat this morning and I didn't realize how hungry I was." She felt like she just insulted his man with her growing hunger. Why did she forget to eat all the time!? And of all times this was the worst when a customer was here!

angelmage99

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:49 am
User Image
Jun Sakamoto
MewChibiChan

Jun was not enjoying his day. It went from a day full of business and errands to a day of making a possible new friend. If she could just pass one of his quirky moments then she'll survive being his friend, but today at least provided that he had someone to talk art about and the formation of it. They spend so much time that Jun forgot his other duties in the adventure of conversation.

The conversation would have kept going if it wasn't the call for food. Jun did giggle a bit, but not to be mean, but more to show his understanding for the need for food. "I have those days too." He joked then looked at the time on his pocket watch. His eyes grew wide as is looked at the time. "I'm sorry. I probably should get going. I'm behind on time with getting the errands done. We were having such a good time that I lost track of it. I left my number on the paper for you to call me, please feel free to do so." The man said as he bowed and then hurried out of the building.  

angelmage99
Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

MewChibiChan

Rainbow Tycoon

7,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:30 am
angelmage99

The Blacksmith

Angel was a bit relieved that he wasn't mad about her stomach. The thing sounded like a monster sometimes and it was pretty embarrassing. "Yeah, sometimes you just in so involved with working it becomes second nature to forget to eat." She laughed then frowned a bit when he said he had to leave. It was a lot of fun having someone to talk to, they probably could have continued all day. He was correct though, Jun must have had things to do and Angel herself had to finish up a few things for the day. "If I finish all my work today I should have the flower finished by tomorrow morning, have a good day!" She called out to him as he hurriedly left the store.

Well that was lovely! But it was time to get back to work- uh..food first. Luckily her store was attached to her home so it was easy to go in, make a sandwich and come right back to the counter. The day went by pretty slowly after that. Not too many things to make that day and not too many customers so she was able to start on Jun's flower around dinner time. She molded the metal and carefully attempted to give it the shape he wanted. This was proving to be more of a challenge than she thought! The project was so tiny and delicate that it was hard to get the petals and stem juuuuuuust right- SNAP! Oh gosh, a petal broke off and the stem snapped in half.

Angel tried to remain calm..very very calm, at least until she threw the thing and it made a loud thud against the wall. She would have to start all over, this was going to be a long night..

Yamada Town

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces