Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[META PRP] Almost But Not Quite (Lorata + Eiylas)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There's just one little problem with Eiylas' application...

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:38 pm
Eiylas Zumeng had done everything right for a troll in search of Lorata's support. To an almost ridiculous degree, in point of fact, but there was nothing nearer and dearer to the seadweller's heart than someone willing to become a hero and acknowledging the help she could give them to reach that goal. The words were all there, the application form she'd been handed was all in order, and there was really only one thing to do, wasn't there?

Lorata looked back down at the troll, smiled brightly, and then paused. Her eyes narrowed, sliding back to the form in her hand before returning. Eiylas had done everything right, of course, but something was missing. How odd, not to display something so important in a competition where all of Alternia would be getting to know her.

"Well! You certainly have the attitude!" She tilted her head, curls falling just so, and watched closely for Eiylas' reaction as she continued. "But I'm a little concerned," a little motion of her hand brought attention to the girl's hemoanon hanfu. "Is there something you're trying to hide?"

Skyli Peep

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:16 pm
        Seriously? Lorata Gorgos? She was... was smiling at her application?

Truth be told, while Ely's face was gentle and calm, her inner self was screaming loudly. This couldn't be happening! Chaeng was going to be amazed! Their business was going to get so much attention! Gog, she was so tall! Was she always this tall? Was this nervous mental rambling? Why yes, yes it was, but it was well deserved. This was a major victory for her cause!

And then Lorata's eyes narrowed, and everything felt... off. It took so much effort, but Ely willed for that smile to continue and not fade into a worried lip nibble. Just the way she was staring... what was Lorata waiting for?

As she complimented Eiylas' attitude, Ely only grew more confused. What was wrong? What was going on? "I'm honored to hear you say that Miss Gorgos." And she was, truly was. Having a seadweller compliment one's disposition was a huge step in the right direction. So what was she waiting for? Thats when the bombshell dropped. Her hanfu. What... oh.

Ely swallowed, and gave a little laugh. "This Hanfu has many layers, but not much places to hide things Ma'am." Shoot, how did she spin it this time? If only she could have pretended to be purple! This would be so much simpler! "In all seriousness... I assume you mean my lack of blood color." She took a deep breath and sighed, doing her best to keep that smile going. Couldn't let her know that it bothered her. Couldn't let her see a weakness...

"I assure you... I have nothing to hide. Actually..." Clearing her throat, Ely straightened herself up a bit as she prepared herself for one hell of a ride. "I believe this could work very well in your favor." Ely's nose twitched a little. "Heroes come in all shapes, sizes, blood colors... but let us speak truthfully, some trolls are less likely to inspire trolls of different hues." Giving a little nod, Ely continued with her fingers laced together. "I'm not speaking of rebels, ma'am, but rather that a lowblood may feel they cannot be a hero if the face they look to is not like their own. Who can compare to a majestic Seadweller? On the other hand, why would a highblood see fit to join a cause where the face is of someone lower than them?"

"Someone hemoanon, with ties to no blood color... it could be easier for a troll to place themselves in that mindset. Hemoanon, despite its reputation, is a possibility of any color. Anyone can be a hero with the work put into it, and fill their role in society." With that, Ely brightened her smile a little bit, giving a big, toothy grin. "Plus! Had I been seedy, I couldn't slip in so easily could I?" To punctuate that, she gave a little wink. "Alternia's army is top notch!"

kitsuneaura
smacks forehead

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:34 pm
"That is..." Lorata stared down at Eiylas for a drawn out moment, weighing the earnestly spoken words, and then let out a pleased little giggle. She crouched down to the younger troll's level, leaning an elbow against her knees and pressing the palm of her hand to the side of her face. "Not bad! You have a good idea of heroes, don't you? Every size and shape...and blood hue. I had to figure that one out myself when I left the ocean, you know." She tapped a finger against her cheek, humming thoughtfully.

"You won't ever be a seadweller, but you can still do your best to shine no matter what caste you are. A hero always strives to do better! But," the dreamy tone of her voice sharpened again, "knowing who you are and knowing your limits is important too. We have the Hemospectrum for a reason. And even though we know you're not anyone 'seedy'," her smile returned for a second, acknowledging the last of Eiylas's argument, before returning to a more serious set, "there's still the fact that a hemoanon becoming famous could make it easier for those awful rebels to slide by with hiding their own colors!"

Her hand dropped away from her face, arms folding neatly over her knees. "Do you have an answer for that?"

Skyli Peep

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:05 pm
        "That is..." A good point. Ely's smile faded a little bit, and it wasn't possible to hide how she felt much longer. This was a hitch in the plan she had not realized. And at the same time... was... was this how people would view her if she was exposed? Like an awful rebel, people hellbent on seeing all of society destroyed?

She was quiet a good long time as she contemplated, unable to restrain from nibbling on her lip. It took a bit of time, and her tone certainly wasn't as bright as it had been... but it was clear she was putting forth her best effort. "... a solid point, that I'll admit hadn't been thought of at the time." Ely gave a little sigh. "Mmm... I think... that it would still be less of an issue than its presented." Yeah... yeah there was a way to spin this.

Realizing that, Ely brightened up again. "I mean, the rebels are already doing dastardly deeds, correct? They already infiltrate our society. They are already in disguise." Feeling a bit better about the situation, Ely's little hands started waving around. "A hemoanon troll celebrity wouldn't change the actions they are already doing. Plus..." Oh boy, was it time to fish for something uncomfortable... "I... I think a rebel would rather disguise themselves different ways." Her hands clasped back together and squeezed tight. "If Hemoanon trolls are already perceived as shady... why would they actively display themselves as stuff if they want to be in disguise? Why not change their symbol? Or... or try to pretend to be a different blood color... all together..."

She was trying her hardest to keep a straight face, she really was. But to put her noble actions on the same levels as rebel scum... was hard to bear.
        Ely couldn't help but add "We need heroes to save pure intentions from being corrupted by their ways."

kitsuneaura
OH NO SHE TOUCHED ON A WEAK SPOT

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:40 pm
"That's true," Lorata admitted, considering the point of rebels disguising their own symbols and blood colors. There wasn't much the cowards wouldn't do to avoid justice, she supposed, so maybe the kid had the right of it that a hemoanon celebrity wouldn't make much of a difference. Something about it still seemed a little off to her, though, despite how much she liked the way Ely spoke on the subject. If she could just put her finger on it or a solution, then...Ah!

"Alright, Eiylas, I'll accept your application, on one condition." She stood again, wanting what she said next to be taken with full seriousness. "I want to know your blood color. We can keep it just between us for now, and see how well being Hemoanon works out with the audience, but..." She sighed. "The thing is, heroes bleed. The statues and stories don't really prepare you for that, but that's how it really is when it comes down to it. One way or another, they'll find out where you stand. I want to know in advance."

Skyli Peep

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:03 pm
        Frozen. Her heart seized in her chest at the question.
        How could she answer such an impossible question? And for a potential sponsor. Lorata's question was invasive, albeit justified. What could she really do?

Ely's eyes grew wide at the question, her mind racing a mile a minute, and again she twitched her nose. "... My sister..." Chaeng... CHAENG! Thats it! That had to be it!

"My sister is a sponsor here this event..."

Chaeng was her out. Her way of saying what she wasn't was, and passing it off as truth. "Chaeng Zumeng. My stage name, Ely Z, is short for Eiylas Zumeng." Despite Lorata crouching to be close to her eye level, Ely stood on her toes a bit to try and help the situation. "It may be rare, but we are sisters... its interesting, and she is also a sponsor of mine, but we're trying to downplay the relationship so it doesn't seem like favoritism." As she spoke, Ely motioned to her Hanfu and smiled gently. "She believes in heroes as well, the heroes that she tells in stories to me when we're home in Four Fronds... And she made this for me. If I am hemoanon, then it separates us a little bit in this competition for now, enough so that others do not accuse us of cheating."

Giving a little sigh, while keeping her smile, Ely continued onwards. "She is not here representing our business directly, but herself and her dreams. And as such, as a private sponsor can only be purple blooded. I hope you can understand why I went Hemoanon. Our intentions are pure, and similar to yours. We just don't want to have it tainted by our relationship."

kitsuneaura

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:17 pm
For one very long moment, Lorata was simply confused. It had been a pretty straightforward request for a blood color, but for some reason the girl had gone off into a tangent about her sister? Trolls with siblings were rare but not entirely unusual, as far as she knew, and they certainly weren't tied to one particular caste. She really ought to have stopped her, got her back to the point of the question, but the earnest and emotional way she spoke drew her into the story. And gradually she understood the point.

"I think I can." A purple blood from Four Fronds, then. As the seadweller's bright smile returned, she wondered why Eiylas hadn't just said so from the start. She turned away for a second, reaching out for a pen, and then neatly signed her acceptance. "I'll have this submitted tonight. I'm sure you won't let me or your sister down." She gave a delighted little laugh then. "Welcome to my team!"

Skyli Peep

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:39 pm
        For a moment Ely stood there, waiting for it all to register. She... she was going to have it submitted tonight... "Really?"
        And then her eyes grew bright. "Really?!"

Then she screamed.

Screamed happily like the excited little kid she actually was! Eiylas couldn't help it, just couldn't help it, and threw her arms around Lorata and gave her a big hug. "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" Clinging for a moment and dangling, it took a moment for Ely to realize just that she just... totally hugged a professional business partner... "Aah..." AAH!

"Sorry! Sorry sorry sorry!" Eiylas quickly let go and took a quick step back, giving a deep bow. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" More than embarrassed, Ely tried to compose herself. "Sorry, sorry, sorry... I just... Lorata Gorgos!" Even moreso than normal, Ely tried to turn back on the sophisticated charm she was trying to channel earlier. "It's truly an honor to work beside you. I've heard so many stories... good ones, clearly!" It was a little awkward for Ely...

"I um... I guess if you're still willing to accept me, I'd like to know what you'd like of me as your representation." Try to recover this, Ely... Try to recover this... "I'd appreciate some of your perspective, so I may keep it in mind."

kitsuneaura

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:13 pm
Lorata blinked, leaning back in startled surprise and alarm at the sudden scream, and then couldn't help but laugh as she realized what was happening. It hadn't been long at all since she would've done the exact same thing if she'd gotten the same attention from the Captain, after all. There was something undeniably heartwarming in knowing that she could inspire that in someone just as easily now too. By the time she'd managed to stop laughing, Eiylas was going through apologies at the speed of light, trying to recover her poise.

"Of course I'm still accepting you," she assured warmly. "All I want from you is to go out there and show Alternia all that excitement you just showed me. You're good with words, and you've got a good idea of the kind of qualities a hero needs." She reached out to pat the younger troll on the head fondly. "Just be yourself, and help me show them the way!"

Skyli Peep

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:50 am
        No lies, it took a lot to keep from tearing up, from blushing... had she not been so practiced already, Ely's cover would have been blown straight out of the water for sure. "Miss Gorgos..." Again she relaxed a little from her poised, professional face to a far more casual one,
        far more genuine. Lorata just liked her... for her. Well, sort of. She liked the Purpleblood Ely, which was fine. Thats the Ely she wanted to be anyways.
        "Thank you... I won't let you down..."

A thought occurred to Ely and she gave a little gasp. "Miss Gorgos!" Ely's eyes grew wide with excitement, and she gave yet another big grin. "Miss Gorgos, could we get a photograph together? You see..." Reaching around in her belt in her hanfu, she pulled out a neatly folded piece of paper and opened it up. "I have to make a video presentation for my stage performance... If it would be alright with you, I'd love to include it." Not even just because she was Lorata's client, because Lorata was her sponsor... because deep in her little pumpbiscuit, she could feel there was going to be something great between the two of them.

Or maybe she just totally wanted to remember the moment she hugged Lorata Gorgos for like, THE rest of her life.
        Hell yeah.

kitsuneaura

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:18 pm
"Ah! Of course!" Lorata brought her hands together in a little clap and laughed again. "I'd nearly forgotten all about the video presentation! Did you bring a camera with you?" She stepped in closer once they'd sorted that out, then with a little hum decided to kneel again to account for the height difference, smoothing out her skirt once she was situated. Then she held out a hand to take the camera herself. "Longer arms," she explained with a wink, holding it out for a selfie with one arm as the other reached around to half hug Eiylas.

"Alright, big smile!" She gave it her prettiest and clicked the button, then immediately pulled the camera down for them both to judge the picture. "You'll have to send me a copy of this one too!"

Skyli Peep

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas