Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Lune Beach
The Drive-In Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:25 am
тнє םяιvє-ιи

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to the Drive-In!

Are you ready to see a movie but in the leisure of your car? On a blanket? On
a towel? Somewhere beneath the stars? Then pull up, pull in- Do whatever
you have to do to get your butt in a seat and let's start the movie! There are
individual speakers beside each parking station for you to hear the movie
through - that way you don't interrupt the surrounding nature! And don't forget
your concessions! Rumor is the workers sell "life" insurance.

Available Items:
Tickets: $5.00
Child Entrance: $2.50
Senior Entrance: $3.00

Snacks:
Popcorn: $2.00
Drink: $1.50
Cotton Candy: $1.00
Nachos: $2.00
Candy Box: $1.00

"Ultimate Protection": $2.00

Now Playing:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:01 pm

Home: 1216 Pasadena
Clothes/Vehicle: Turn Heads ||| Street Queen
Money:$1000 ||| Mood: Whimsical
Ooc: The gfx I align to the right tend to look funny. This better?

Carmen loved that new stores were opening around Soleil, it was super exciting for what felt like such a small town otherwise. She was pumped to be getting out today, too. It wasn’t exactly freestyle BMX in the desert or mud racing with the guys, but movies were, like, the next best thing from there. She gathered her hair into a ponytail and dressed in something quick and cute, considerate of the weather just in case- pft, she barely ever got cold, she just liked her leather jacket- looked good on her. She pulled on shoes, grabbed her bag and cell, and tip tapped out the door with an energized exhale. She was almost sad. She’s looked it up, and it didn’t look like the drive-in served alcohol. A chick-flick while she held a margarita in hand had been appealing. Could the dancer bring her own, maybe in a small ice chest? Carmen almost didn’t doubt it, checking her watch whilst deciding she could stop by the grocery store on her way. Oh, and a folding chair! Her motorcycle wasn’t ideal for two- her and Summer, so they’d agreed on blankets and chairs or whatever. Which was nice of the venue to include that option in the open lot. She’d heard a few more good rumors, but was short one boyfriend to explore those with. Boo hoo! Still, she was sure she’d get around to some quality time with Felix when they both were free, eventually. Once her store run was done, Carmen found herself at the drive-in with her things. They’d agreed on a movie already, so the dancer paid for her ticket and went inside to nab a spot early.

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                                        Summer was pleasantly surprised to learn that the city was getting a drive in theater. As soon as she read about the opening in the paper she practically dived for her phone. Texting Carmen and making plans to hang out with her, she was glad her friend agreed. She'd been getting kind of lonely not hanging out with Carmen. With work and everything else happening in both of their lives it's been a while since they actually got to hang out outside of texting each other. When getting dressed, she decided to go for something that wouldn't make her get too hot, but at the same time could keep her warm if the temperatures dropped too low. Not that she was really worried though... She wasn't really bothered by the cold... well as long as it wasn't ice and snow. Yeah, then she was a bit of a baby.

Shaking her head a little bit, she applied some make-up before grabbing her stuff. She had a blanket with her and planned on bringing a folding chair as well. After calling a cab, she stepped out and paid the man once they reached the drive in. She would have ridden her bike there, but it would be kind of hard balancing a folded up chair while peddling her bike. Shrugging a little, she went to the front and paid for her ticket.

Glancing around for Carmen, Summer noticed quite a few couples together and pouted slightly. She's had plenty of guys hit on her since she moved here, but she still hasn't been lucky enough to catch herself a boyfriend. Carmen was lucky finding Felix. He seemed to be a really nice guy. Wrinkling her nose a little, she pushed back the budding feelings of jealousy just before spotting Carmen. Grinning, she picked up her chair and hurried over to her. Setting the chair down, she smiled at her friend. "You're way too pretty to be sitting alone mind if I join you?" She teased, giving a weak attempt at winking at her.

x──────────────────────────────────
                                                                        x profile | here tab dating nobody tab wearing Numbah 2 & Make-up tab ooc Yes, this one looks better. 3nodding
                                                                        name
                                                                        whiters4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:49 pm

Home: 1216 Pasadena
Clothes/Vehicle: Turn Heads ||| Street Queen
Money:$1000 ||| Mood: Whimsical
Ooc:

Carmen picked the top of a hill- one, because it's picturesque, and- two, because there was the added height above other people, least any of them be up and moving during the movie. Thirdly, they could be vigilant from here. The two women hardly needed to worry, being wolves, but eliminating precaution was out of the question as well. The subject of safety had been on her mind ever since Felix first explained that seeing her publicity could endanger her, yet she hadn't gotten around to asking if she should be cautious when out and about because of it. Thankfully, he hadn't seemed to express concern himself. He had sharp eyes, but was relatively relaxed when out together. That was a good sign, his life was shrouded full of mystery from her eyes; such was to be expected so early in a relationship. How much would he be able to tell her down the line, if they lasted that long? Would he let her that far in...she wondered. She held some hard truths of her own, meaning she knew of the difficulty such honesty could bear. The wolf was building the courage to tell him.

Spreading a blanket at her feet and dropping down her ice chest full of goods, Carmen flicked her head in a satisfied nod. Her chair was next, into which she flopped before propping up her feet. "Ahhhh~" This. Felt. Amazing. The starlight sky, the small breeze, the calm light of distant projectors. RelaxING! Carmen gasped with a high pitched catch of her breath, giggling as she turned her head to see Summer behind her. "Hey there, Starbright~ So silly of anyone to leave me so alone and vulnerable, right? Sit with meeeee! That'll teach 'em." The movie trailers would be starting soon, a great part of the experience- the part that told her how soon she was coming back again. Carmen pumped her arm, hollering, "Whoot Whoot!" whilst kicking off the top to her ice chest. "I'm gonna crack open this little surprise I bought just for you. I swear I'm not getting you wasted this time- unless you want to, in which case I'm crashing over yours if I have to drag you back there." Carmen winked, leaning forward to dig through the ice. Brrr!

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:32 pm
x
x
x
x
тнυяsםαч, נυℓч ②⑥тн

םαч ④ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ②⑨①
( ⑨ мσитнs, ⑱ םαчs )

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:12 am
User Image

xxxx ✫ Kristine Darkraven ✫xxxx

”The man who has no imagination has no wings.” - Muhammad Ali

Residence: 1200 Pasadena Housing DistrictOccupation: Artist / Guitarist / Novelist / The Smoothie Palace Barista - Cashier

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

-- Enter --

It turned out that tonight was romance Korean movie night, which worked out okay on Kristine's part as the two were falling in line for the tickets and entrance fee, though she was hoping that the subtitles would be included since she didn't understand a single word of Hangul without the translations. Her eyes were glued onto the title 'A Moment to Remember', and the plot looked compelling, especially with the mention of Alzheimer's disease. "Hmmm... I may want to give that a go," she whispered to Cesela. That way, her junior co-worker would understand a bit more about mental illnesses, which would take more than just magic or medications to make the victim feel better. Kristine then eyed the concessionaire stand that was laden with food, but she had to stay to keep their position in check, at least until it would be finally their turn at the counter.

"So ummm... How old are you again, Cesela, since there are two different passes based on age range? I'll go along and pay for the tickets and entrance fee, so will it be okay if you and pick up the food for both of us and pay for it as well? I'll have nachos, popcorn and a drink," she asked, hoping that the favor wouldn't be too much. After all, they should contribute equally on the budget for the movie night, and Kristine knew the favor for Cesela cheering her up should be returned at some point, more so when it was right now.

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

Mood: contemplating
Company: her co-worker (Cesela), Cocoa
Money: $85.63 (Wallet) ; $1100.00 (Bank)
OOC: outfit swimsuit

xXGhostStalker

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

xXGhostStalker

Hilarious Reveler

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:00 am
User Image
User Image
User Image
Companion: Her faithful Angora Rabbit, Cocoa
Housing: 1120 Etoile Housing District
Profile: Cesela's Information!

"To be a Spellcaster..."

◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆
★▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Cesela had changed out of her swimsuit prior to leaving the beach and changed into some normal clothing, her hair still slightly damp from the being in the ocean. It wasn't a long walk from the beach until they reached a drive-in theater. These kinds of theaters were pretty old for the current day and age so she was surprised that there was one still up and running. As she looked at what's available, she was asked about her age. "I'm 17. I don't know most of these movies so I'll go with what you choose." Her eyes then stopped at the food counter and saw all the popcorn, candy and various other foods they were selling.

Cocoa eventually started to wake up not long after they had gotten to the drive-in theater. It took a moment for her to fully awaken and when she did, she found herself in a completely different place. "Huh? Where are we? How long was I asleep?" The atmosphere and sounds of the beach made her sleepy and she tried her best to stay awake so she could enjoy it but she wasn't able to fight it anymore. She has no idea how long she was out for.

Cesela reached up and stroked Cocoa's fur gently as she woke up and wondered where they were at. She looked around, seeing no one around her and Kristine was busy buying the tickets to whatever movie they were going to see along with possible food and drinks to take with us. When she saw that no one was close to her, it was safe for her to answer. "Well, good evening sleepyhead. You've been asleep for a little while. We're at a drive-in theater for that movie."

Cocoa was still half asleep a little bit and took her a second to remember that they had movie plans. Though, she wasn't really expecting a drive-in theater. "Well, this is a rather unique place. The things that you miss out on when you're asleep, I guess"

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀★

"...you must have absolute concentration"

Party: Cesela, Cocoa, Kristine
Personal thoughts (OOC):

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:10 pm
User Image

Residence: 1200 Pasadena Housing DistrictOccupation: Artist / Guitarist / Novelist / The Smoothie Palace Barista - Cashier

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

Kristine nodded, "I see. So that's a senior entrance for you as well." With that, she paid for two tickets and two entrance passes. Looking that the rabbit finally woke up induced a small giggle from Kristine herself. That was definitely cute, unlike that one time in which she had worked at a theater before and the incident occurred in which she was held at gunpoint, thus resulting in her breakdown and she ended up receiving the pink slip. One of the darkest moments in her life, ever. She had moved on from the incident, but having to recovery from her phobia of guns still required some more work. Hence the need for target practice, the reason why she has her gun stashed inside the house but only for the purpose of such rehearsal. If she would like to arm it for self-defense, she had to obtain the license to do so.

That one aside, she waited at the spot close to the parking lot so that she would give Cesela the ticket and pass. And after they were checked and approved by the employee, it was time to find a suitable place for the two to settle down.

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

Money: $69.63 (Wallet - after paying) ; $1100.00 (Bank)

xXGhostStalker

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

xXGhostStalker

Hilarious Reveler

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:19 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

"To be a Spellcaster..."

Cesela looked around once she had received her ticket and pass to enter. For an old-style viewing, there sure were a lot of people around. People in cars and others sitting on benches and along the grass. It was though to find a spot. "Hmm man, it's pretty busy here. I would of thought everyone would be at the cinema downtown but I guess people are still old-fashioned." Not like she knew much about what's in these days.

Cocoa also looked around, still fascinated that such a business was still going on in this day and age. "What can I say? There are people that are stuck in their old ways and don't like big changes. I guess there's still a demand for this kind of thing." Being a rabbit, she has no clue what this kind of place is as she's never seen one before but she has heard stories back when Cesela was still young and was told stories by her parents and grandparents. Drive-in movie theaters were pretty popular back in the day.

Personal thoughts (OOC):

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:52 am
User Image

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

Hearing the commentary related to being old-fashioned induced a giggle from Kristine, "Let's just say that the nostalgic feeling is one way to bring people back together. There comes a time in which even with this ever-changing world, we must appreciate our childhood. My grandparents were like that, too, especially when serving food that were hand-made. Can be more delicious that the ones you bought from the store." Though as much as she wanted to converse more, the opening credits were rolling in, and she had to focus on the movie. "Hmmm.... Will it be okay if the rabbit can stay on my lap? Or is the creature more comfortable on your head?" she asked, the urge to pet animal once again active since the opening scene would not show up after a few more minutes.

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

xXGhostStalker

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

xXGhostStalker

Hilarious Reveler

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:25 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

"To be a Spellcaster..."

Cesela listened to what she had to say about her old-fashioned comment. Once she was finished, she held a finger to her chin and tilted her head slightly. "Doesn't all home-made food taste better than store bought food though?" It wasn't long after that when the movie started to play and the conversations around them started to die down into total silence. When she asked about if Cocoa would like to sit in her lap rather than on top of her head, she shrugged and poked her, not saying a word.

Cocoa was poked when they were asked where she would like to sit. Normally, she doesn't really sit on someone else's person other than her but since it was a bit of a special time for Cesela being able to hang out with Kristine, she made an exception. "Oh why not?" She then turned towards Kristine, hopped off Cesela's head and then towards Kristine.

Personal thoughts (OOC):

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:11 pm
User Image

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

She nodded, "Depends on the ingredients and the process, I believe. But it's up to those who tasted to decide on the verdict. Everyone has their own opinions." Some may say that what was bought in the stores may taste better than what's at home, but it may not be always the case. Such thoughts were pushed aside when the rabbit hopped over close to her side, and Kristine put the rabbit close to her lap. The opening scene moved along, prompting her to focus on that. More importantly, they would remain like this for close to three hours, or at least until the movie would be over. Kristine could only hope and pray that she would not fall asleep during that time, her hand moving to stroke the rabbit's fur gently. Near her side, there were munching noises from people eating popcorn, and she was now extremely hungry. With that, she picked up the food that was ordered for both her and Cesala, the popcorn being one of them, and ate a handful, savoring the taste of butter and cheese.

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

Mood: contemplating, hungry

xXGhostStalker

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

xXGhostStalker

Hilarious Reveler

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:33 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

"To be a Spellcaster..."

Cesela thought about the topic of home-made food vs store bought food. If she had a say in it, she'd probably prefer home-made. "Hmm...if you ask me, I think I'd take home-made food over store bought food despite what it might taste like. People put a lot of effort and love into making a good home cooked meal and even if it turned out to be bad, it's the thought that counts. That's how I see it anyway." She had a very simple way of thinking. It's always been like that for her since she was young. When the movie started, all of her attention went towards the movie screen. Not knowing what the movie was about, she didn't know what to expect from it. It had also been a while since she last saw a movie so regardless of what the movie ended up being, she was pretty excited regardless. As the movie went on, she ate bits of the food that they had ordered.

- Reserved -

Personal thoughts (OOC):

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:33 am
User Image

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

Some time later, the movie was close to its end, and there was the emotional scene of the woman losing memories because of Alzheimer's disease. Kristine could no longer stay composed as she bit her own bottom lip, forcing herself not to wail. Even with her illness not completely related, the fact that someone would soon be forgotten was something not to be laughed at. The human had to take a deep breath to calm herself down, to avoid breaking down in public. Unfortunately, there were already a few people sobbing, and Kristine had to wipe away her own tears that were close to falling down from her eyes with the back of her own hand. She then reached for the cup of drink and took a sip. It was now watery because of the melted ice, been long forgotten, but she didn't care, being too caught up in the moment. The food was already done a long time ago. Indeed, she would need to have dessert later at home to cheer herself up.

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

Mood: emotionally distraught, thirsty

xXGhostStalker

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
☼ Lune Beach

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]