Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Giese-Dunbar Cottage Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:36 pm
User Image

Owners: Nora and Hera Giese-Dunbar

A small two story cottage bought together after living in the states houses the blended Giese-Dunbar family. Besides a small remodel to the kitchen and two bedrooms, the cottage has been essentially untouched since it's conception. There is a small sewing room that has habitually housed Hera and Puck on more than one occasion for theater costuming and other needs. The backyard, besides its patio swing, is also where the family will regularly host sunrise yoga.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:43 pm
Occupants:

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘢 𝘪𝘴...
Home | Studio| Backyard | Out

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:04 pm
Et. cetra...

⭐ There are two tamed animals on the family lot; Galadriel, Chanda's elf owl, and Muffet, Nora's elder barn owl.

⭐ When in doubt, you can find any member of the family outside in the backyard doing any number of tasks; Nora tending to her garden or Hera and Chanda enjoying the sun and doing yoga.

⭐ The family has both a landline and a floo and while they were prefer the landline, the floo's address is The Birdcage.

⭐ The home is mostly muggle with electronics and wifi so little magic is actually done within the home beyond the occasional repair or floo.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:20 pm
Been traveling in packs that I can't carry anymore
Been waiting for somebody else to carry me
There's nothing else there for me at my door
All the people I know aren't who they used to be

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Sαłeм'š Ałυм ▨ Mυggłeвøяи ▨ Tħeαтeя Aššıšтαит

☯⚝ϟ"So...no ground rules for tonight?" Hera asked her daughter with a slight waggle of her eyebrows. Puck for the most part ignored her mom's goading instead focused on helping Nora by putting the rolls in the oven like she'd asked while she finished the last minute meal preparations. "Have fun out there and don't die." she said dryly. "Oh and maybe don't bring up how certain foods have been linked to terminal misogyny, leave your thesis in your hope chest for tonight please." she added absentmindedly as she tiptoed to reach a canister of tea.

Nora for the most part just snorted at her daughter's request and her wife's pout at being called out. "It's just for one night, I'm sure you can hold it in." she teased handing Hera the bowl filled with salad for her to place on the table. "It's because they're all men, isn't it?" she sniffed dramatically.

"No, it's because we want to save it for a special occasion, of course it's because they're men. Gay men admittedly but still."

"Then they should enjoy the knowledge!"

"Ma!" Puck called in a warning tone as she got the kettle ready. Nora shot her wife a look which thankfully quelled whatever retort she was going to say before huffing and starting to set the table accordingly. It was first time they've have so many people at the table that both women had gone all out on setting the table. Complete with properly set cutlery, wine and water goblets, and even a butter dish for the rolls. Hera hadn't even known they'd owned a butter dish until her daughter pulled it out the closet where they stashed most of their unused wedding gifts. Seriously, she was going to have to go through the registry and see who in the world found a Chorus Line butter dish.

Nora had decided on a rather simple dish, a mixed greens salad with a vinaigrette dressing and crunchy chopped walnuts, a roasted chicken with garlic and rosemary butter sauce, and for dessert, she had an apple crumble with homemade caramel ice cream. It wasn't often she got to take out the ice cream churner outside the summer months and even less that Puck brought someone home. Though the former was a great round goose egg before this boy. She trusted her daughter's judgement, she helped aid in the creation of said judgement after all, but that doesn't mean she wasn't curious as to who had caused those sparkles in her eyes. And yes, maybe she wanted to be the quintessential "judgy mom" for the evening. Sue her!

Miss GryffindorK

And if I try to change my life one more day
There would be nobody else to save
And I can't change into a person I don't wanna be, so
Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Giese-Dunbar Cottage
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Milo & Wyatt
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Meet-The-Parents Dinner
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope she still likes me after this

Dris had spent the afternoon alternating between his flat and the Abrams' home. He'd opted to wear a nice sweater, just a navy blue one with white accents. He thought it was nice, anyway. "So you guys aren't going to be horrible all night, are you? I really like her, and I really, really don't need you ribbing me." Dris glanced over at his dads, watching Milo sip on his tea. "Driskol Winston, what do you take us for? We're not terrible parents. We'll play it all smooth. You're more likely to embarrass yourself, honestly."

Despite a heavy eye roll, Dris had to realize Milo was right. He was almost certain to embarrass himself at some point.... but that didn't mean they had to tease him about it! Milo brought over a wet comb and ran it through his son't hair, grinning when he got it to stand in just the right way. "Now, before we go, you're not covered in paint anywhere are you? No? Good. We'd like to make a good impression on them, yes?" Dris had made sure he didn't have any paint... visible anyway. He was pretty sure his feet and ankles were still yellow-green. Oh well. He didn't plan on kicking his shoes off any time soon.

Straightening his own jacket, Milo grinned over at his son before planting a gentle kiss on his husband's lips. "Alright Abrams! Let's be off then. We're nothing if not punctual!" Milo grabbed the nice bottle of wine he'd picked out for the evening, then awaited on Dris to apparate them out. Once the group at all arrived in Iverness, they walked over to the address where Dris knew the place to be located. (He'd looked it up on Google Earth, so what?) "Alright, one last time, guys, please do not embarrass me. I... don't need help in that category, nor do I want weird... love advice. Please just play nice?" After getting approval from Milo's snarky smile, Dris sighed, but rang the doorbell. Hopefully everything would just go nice and smoothly? He didn't need any kind of chaos... not tonight.

Yukina101

I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏsᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀɴᴋᴇᴛs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇᴅʀᴏᴏᴍ ꜰʟᴏᴏʀ.
Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʜᴏsᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜɪᴅᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜᴇs ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴏʀ.
I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀss ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇɴᴅs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴇᴇᴛ.
Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴜᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀʟʟᴇʏ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʀɪᴢᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏꜰᴛᴏᴘs ᴍᴇᴇᴛ.
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ I sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇ I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙʟᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀs.
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪsʜ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ, ᴍʏ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:56 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck jumped at the sound of the doorbell much to her mortification and shoo'ed both parents away from the door and checked her top in the reflection of the oven to make sure she didn't have any noticeable stains. She had forgone her usual sweatshirt and shorts for the evening and decided to go for a white peasant top with red embroidery, casual skinny jeans, and sandals (she was at home bite her). Seeing everything was in order she shot a look at her mom who was sitting on the sofa attempting to casual with a magazine and opened the door. Unknowingly, her face broke out into a soft smile immediately upon spotting Dris before she remembered herself and focused instead on the two men beside him. "Hi, thanks for coming, come on in." she was so glad Lil wasn't here; the girl would be busting a gut over her hostess skills.

"Lovely to meet you both, I'm Nora Giese-Dunbar, welcome to our home. Dinner is pretty much done, we're just waiting on the dinner rolls." Nora offered a congenial smile and handshake to both fathers.

"Nice to meet you as well, I'm Wyatt Abrams. Thank you for inviting us to your home for dinner." Wyatt offered his own grin liking the delicious smells coming from the food. "I'm Hera, thankfully not the chef for tonight otherwise it'd be completely takeout and not the amazing meal you're about to have." she chuckled standing up from the couch.

It took her all of three seconds to zero in on the tallest person in the room and figure out who he was. "You're Dris I'm assuming? We, Nora and I, have been absolute beside ourselves to meet you. You're practically a legend in this house." "MA! Can we at least...offer them a seat before you throw me under the bus? Please?" Puck pleaded turning to Nora basically yelling with her eyes "go get her!!" who merely rolled her eyes but did go to stand beside her partner. "Hun, maybe wait until he's full before trying to trap him." she offered with a giggle. Puck officially offered her soul to any deity who could save her because both her moms were being impossible.

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dris bit his lip nervously as he waited for the door to open, but was relieved when he discovered it to be Puck at the front door. Perfect. "Hi Puck. Thanks for inviting us." He grinned at her as she invited them in, taking the first steps into her house. Honestly, it was really nice. Of course it was probably the artsy vibes (and the incredible smelling food) that gave him that immediate expression. He looked around the living area for a second before one of the women spoke up. So that one was Nora, then. He'd have to file that away. Wyatt was next to introduce himself, followed by Hera. So far so good. "Lovely to meet you all. I'm Milo. Also I brought some wine, hopefully you don't mind. It came from one of the lovely vineyards in California." Milo grinned as he shook Nora's hand, then he offered out the bottle of fancy red wine. It was his current favorite, so hopefully everyone else liked it.

When Hera rounded on him, Dris felt a blush run up to his cheeks. Who's idea had this been again? Because it was super awkward. At least he wasn't there alone. Then again, with Milo and Wyatt, perhaps he'd be better off. Apparently he was something of a legend around their house, and he really, really hoped it was because Puck spoke good about him, because the other option was that they were all waiting to see what weird and accidentally revealing nonsense he'd have to say. Puck hastily cut off their line of questioning, and as he was about to speak up, Milo decided to do the same. "Oh don't worry, we feel the same about your lovely daughter! Dris has been telling us all about her! Luckily, they seem to be good for one another."

Milo grinned up at his son, nudging the tallest Abrams. "Ah, on that note, I did want to thank you guys for having us. Dinner smells absolutely wonderful." There. That was a new topic, hopefully. The brunette scooted to stand beside Puck, casually draping an arm around her shoulders. It was... super weird to do that in front of both sets of their parents, but oh well. It'd have to happen at some point. Luckily they were getting the parental introductions done with early, so hopefully they wouldn't have more weird, awkward family conversations.... at least until Laili and Chanda came home from school. But at least Laili wasn't as.... bizarre as their parents. He glanced over at Puck, offering a small, nervous grin.

Yukina101

Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʜᴏsᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜɪᴅᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜᴇs ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴏʀ.
Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴜᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀʟʟᴇʏ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʀɪᴢᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏꜰᴛᴏᴘs ᴍᴇᴇᴛ.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:34 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟNora oo'ed at the sight of the wine, especially after hearing it came from California and happily took it to the table. "How wonderful! Hopefully it'll pair nicely with the chicken. Oh! I should mention that there's nuts in the salad. Magdalena said she asked about any allergies but I thought I should double check." she asked sheepishly. She'd hate to ruin the evening due to a trip to the ER because of her cooking.

"No, I believe we're all good on that aspect but thank you." Wyatt answered graciously. He wasn't the least surprised when one of the mother's started in on Dris already since this was the whole basis of why they were together, so he felt no guilt for surveying their daughter. From what he's seen so far, she looked rather laid back which was something Dris never stopped reiterating along with other traits he wasn't comfortable with saying but he was thankful he had a husband who was.

Puck nearly choked at Milo's words wondering just what it was her boyfriend was telling his parents about her, which of course her mothers didn't miss to her mortification. "Oh I agree, most definitely! She's started humming allot more, and the giggling! It's been awhile admittedly since I've dated, thank goodness, so I'm trying to remember if this was normal or not." Hera chuckled sending a good natured wink to her wife who merely huffed at their dramatics before sending a nice smile at Dris. "Thank you Dris. I wanted to keep things simple but nice you know? I figured if you two continue through to the holidays once Chanda comes back we can have a big proper roast." Nora said brightly. Puck was nearly ready to throw in the towel. Only Dris' arm wrapped around her kept her steady and she burrowed into his side for a short minute. "On my mark, we make a break for it, alright?" she whispered into his ridiculously soft sweater. Oh this was so going to the top of her "steal" list.

" Hey now, you're very much visible. Remember to keep it PG kiddies." Hera smirked laughing at her daughter's disgruntled look thrown at her. Suddenly there were beeps going off in the kitchen causing Nora to go into the kitchen. "I think that's our sign to get seated?" Puck suggested sadly leaving her boyfriend's side to go help her mother with the food. Hera, being the good hostess she practiced being, lead the group to the long wooden dining table and offered to pour wine for anyone partaking. "I wonder though if maybe we should keep the young ones sober for the evening~" she murmured to the other set of parents with a knowing grin. Puck couldn't hear what her mom had said but she assumed it was nothing good and shot her another look as she brought the basket of dinner rolls while Nora gently placed the platter of seared chicken. "Ok everyone! Tuck in."

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

Milo grinned when Nora accepted the wine. She questioned it paring well with chicken, then asked about allergies. They didn't have any food allergies that he knew of, and since the Abrams family liked to eat, he figured them having a random allergy would be nigh unheard of. "Unless it's full of bees, I think we'll be alright." He laughed, nudging his husband. "But I wouldn't bee-lieve if they'd cooked that!" He nudged more, grinning wildly. As soon as the works were spoken, Dris slapped his hand against his forehead. "I... I'm sorry about him. I've never been able to stop his... humor." Holy hell, this whole night might've been a terrible idea.

After Milo mentioned Dris' talking about Puck, her parents quickly countered, saying she'd been extra giggly lately. Oh good. It wasn't just him that wanted to die of embarrassment. "Oh I totally know! Dris has been using extra maroons in his painting, which means he's enamored! He told us all about her and her pretty voice. It's a sign of sure care when he paints people's tones!" At that comment, Dris glanced at Milo, then back at Puck. Had she explained his synesthesia to her parents, or were they about to assume he was a nutter? Either way, it couldn't be worse than Milo's saying he was enamored over Puck... at least not to her parents.

Luckily, once he'd commented on the nice smells of dinner Nora said something that wasn't entirely embarrassing. Namely a word of thanks, followed by a mention of "if" they kept dating through the holidays. He surely would like to, but he was figuring this evening was probably going to send Puck running for the hills. "That sounds wonderful, ma'am. And I can't wait to meet Chanda, or for all of you to meet Laili, my little sister." He sent what he hoped was a charming grin toward the woman, before turning to face Puck. Had she just told him to make a run for it? Brilliant, she was. He tilted down and gently kissed the top of her head, just in time to get called out by Hera. Color vividly filled Dris' cheeks as he made to look anywhere but at the parents. Oh hell.

When the kitchen ignited in fiery orange alarms, Dris grimaced at the noise. Luckily for him, the soft maroon of Puck's voice broke through, followed by the sharp spikes of orange slowing to a halt. He followed the others into the kitchen, making sure to sit beside Puck. Milo cosied in beside Wyatt, making sure to sit by his son on the other side. "Either way will work for me. Driskol isn't much of a wine connoisseur anyway, so I'll have an extra glass!" He grinned brightly, his usual charm exuding about him. Dris, meanwhile, carefully made up a plate, trying not to get too much food (because he didn't want to be that guy), while also trying to fill his raging appetite. Stupid dumb hungry body. While munching on a piece of salad, Dris kept watch over the table. Hopefully they'd be too busy eating to regale embarrassing stories... or whatever people did at these dinners. "Thank you again, this dinner is really good."

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:05 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟBoth Hera and Nora broke into giggles at Milo's pun while Wyatt merely sighed having gotten more than used to this along with their son. Puck just sorta looked between him and Dris sorta asking with her eyes 'was this real? did it really just happen?' She knew he had warned her about his dad's penchant for puns but like. She hadn't thought they'd be that terrible. "No need to apologize! I quite like puns. You could say..." 'Ohpleasegodno' Puck thought with horror, "I think they're pun-derful. Get it?!" Puck was mortified. What in the actual hell had they done thinking their two families should meet like this. She could faintly hear the other dad, Wyatt, murmur to himself "ohno not another one" and honestly, same bruh. Same.

"I'd apologize for her but it would just encourage it." Nora replied after giggling into her hand, the traitor.
                                                        "It's...fine." Wyatt said with a wan smile that spoke of many similar battles. The only thing that made this slightly decent was that besides puns, Milo also mentioned how Dris had been adding more maroons into his painting meaning he obviously cared for her. And he talked about how pretty her voice was too. A-dorable. "Sooo...my voice is pretty huh?" Puck asked slyly poking her boyfriend's side as she took the remaining seat beside him.

"Magdalena told us about your son's abilities, I think it's quite fascinating!" Nora complimented taking dishing out a healthy portion of salad and chicken.

"I bet it gives your art great definition. I couldn't handle it if we're being honest. Adding colors to my students butchering Sondheim is not something I ever wish to experience." Hera added after pouring the adults (not counting their children) glasses of wine. At Milo's comment about Dris not being much of a wine drinker, Puck finally remembered the tea she had pulled out and went to the kitchen for the small pitcher she'd made right before the Abrams had arrived. "I nearly forgot I brewed some ice tea, I sorta figured mom wouldn't let us drink anything stronger." she said candidly pouring a glass for her and Dris.

"Yes, he takes after me in that aspect. Laili, our daughter, takes more after Milo in sucking down cup after cup of the hot stuff." Wyatt chuckled before taking a bite of the flavorful chicken. "I got lucky I suppose. I already preferred hot flavored teas to iced before we moved here so there wasn't much of a culture shock. I tried instilling the same in Puck but, to each their own I guess. At least it's not that trash energy drinks on the market, that stuff will quite literally rot your spirit." Both Nora and Puck sighed one taking another bite of salad and the younger stuffing half a roll in her mouth. Of course they couldn't completely tame the beast, that would've been too easy.

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Puck, Milo & Wyatt, Hera & Nora

Milo broke out into a brilliant smile when Hera responded with a pun of her own. Oh, he felt they'd get along just wonderfully! He clapped Dris on the shoulder, bouncing like a toddler in a swing. "See! She gets it! She understands my humor! Blessings above!" Dris just looked over at Wyatt, knowing the older man was about the only one with any ability to hush his husband. Instead of hopping in to help, Wyatt mumbled something that sounded suspiciously like "not another one". Did that mean he'd lost all control? Nora spoke up next, her velvety-red tones catching Dris' ear. That was followed up by the rustic oranges of Wyatt's nonchalance.

After Milo broke the news about Dris' adding Puck's hues into his art, the tallest in the group blushed a bit, trying to hide and seem super chill about it. Luckily, Puck asked about it being pretty, and he sent her a small grin. "Of course it's pretty. Just like the rest of you." He flushed a bit, but didn't let the fact that he knew Milo was grinning right behind him stop him from complimenting his girlfriend. "Yes, yes his gift is quite interesting. It usually winds up as paintings, but some sounds you'll be able to tell he doesn't like them. Or in fact, some trigger him to go temporarily mental! Like that one time he was watching a horror movie. Yes, that's how we started learning what was going on. Poor baby hid in Wyatt's sweater and refused to come out until it was quiet." He tsked quietly, fussing over Dris for a moment until his hand was shooed back.

Dris sent a small grin over to Hera when she mentioned his synesthesia giving his art definition, then saying she couldn't handle it. He cast a sad smile, then draped his arm back over Puck's shoulders. "It works wonders for my art, I won't lie. Honestly, if I hadn't needed art as an escape from the noises when I was younger, I can't say I would've gotten into art or music... which would be sad. As for it being overwhelming, yes. It truly can be. That's one reason I try to avoid large crowds or sudden noises. Like one time I was in primaries and someone pulled the fire alarm." He shuddered a bit at that one, remembering that one of the paramedics ended up having to carry his seven-year-old self out of the school because he'd launched into a full blown panic from the colors flying.

When the parents were all passing around wine, Dris wondered vaguely if he should've brought something for him to drink. Luckily at that moment Puck seemed to realize something, and she grabbed a glass of iced tea. He'd been burned too many times before by unsweet tea. He sipped the glass, looking over when Wyatt commented that Dris took after him in that regard. Of course, he took after Wyatt for far more than just teas. "The hot stuff. Uch. You practically offend me, my dear. Hot tea is a gift from the gods, unlike your horrible excuse for tea." Dris tilted his head when Nora went off about trying to convert Puck to hot tea (sounded familiar, anyway), followed by her saying she was glad it wasn't energy drinks. Where the heck had that thought come from? He glanced over at Puck, who seemed determined to inhale an entire roll in one bite. He grabbed a roll as well and munched on it, grinning. So far so good. How was he lucky enough that this hadn't taken a sharp downhill? Where did this luck come from?!

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck just sighed covering her face with her hands as Hera laughed and smiled with Milo over their shared bad humor. Nora just shook her head amused by the spectacle but she could never accuse her of being rational when her wife was involved. She just scoffed not at all preening over Dris saying her voice was as pretty as she was. Nope. Perish the thought. Both her mothers however could still read her and just shot looks of "aww how cute" (Hera) and "i see you" (Nora). At hearing about how certain sounds triggered Dris' gift, Puck distinctly remembered discussing this since she tended to be the louder one of the two, both older women winced in tandem at hearing how he reacted to a horror movie. "Oh you poor dear, that sounds awful! You'll be safe here at least; Hera and I are both little chickens when it comes to horror. We leave that to Magdalena and Lillian. Nora shook her head not understanding why people would want to be scared on purpose.

"Lillian would be our unofficial second daughter. She's Puck's best friend and I'm quite curious as to how she was kept out the loop of this lucrative dinner." Hera directed the question towards her daughter who merely shrugged as she finished chewing her food. "I promised she could kidnap Dris at a later date of her choosing to fulfill her necessary duties. She seemed all right with it so I'm sure she's planning something very elaborate. This is about all the warning I'm allowed to give by the by." Puck smirked over at Dris only a little bit sorry as to what awaited to tall boy. Lil had the advantage of having some pretty dramatic people in her family who probably wouldn't question it if she asked for some random help.

Wyatt briefly wondered if he should worry and then remembered his own family and relented. "I'm sure he'll be fine. He's had loads of practice from just our immediate family alone." he remarked before remembering the actual kidnapping that had happened in their family and suddenly rethought his word choice. He also wondered if it would be too much to mention this at this certain before deciding to place it on the back burner for later. Thankful for his husband, he merely offered Milo an exaggerated eye roll for his supposed offense towards hot tea. "Yes dear, whatever you say dear."
                                                        "Oh good, you do that too? Now I won't feel as bad when I do it." Nora commented sending a cheeky wink to her wife who pouted audibly.

"I see how this is. I'll remember this, don't you worry!" she forewarned with a waggle of her fork deciding not to comment on the chunks of salad hanging off of it. Puck merely ignored them having gotten used to their antics a while ago and she was sure from just meeting his parents, Dris had experienced more or less of the same. "Sure you will ma, right up until the prime minister says something you don't like again."
                                                        "You make it seem like it happens often!"
                                                        "It doesn't?" was the tandem answer from her wife and daughter who both giggled and managed to high five each other without making a mess.
                                                        "Hmm. Speaking of often, Magdalena has been spending a copious amount of time alone with you Dris, and while she's an adult and I trust her I should hope you're both in your right states and using protection." Nora spoke calmly spearing another piece of chicken while her daughter groaned loudly and Hera turned suddenly to face him with an unholy glint in her eyes.

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dris nibbled on a leaf of lettuce while Milo shared his tale of horror movies, then simply turned attention to Nora, who called him a poor dear and told him he'd be safe there. Apparently the horror movies were watched by Puck and her friend Lil. "I don't mind horror movies most of the time. That one just had a particularly... chartreuse song going on. Ominous tune, horrible color." He nodded, then looked over to Hera, who explained Lil's standing in the family. He knew all about her, thanks to Puck, but figured the reasoning was that this was a "meet the parents" kind of dinner while the younger siblings were away. Plus, if she was as critical as he'd gathered, the best meeting grounds might not be in front of both sets of their parents.

Milo, who had been following along in conversation fine, winced a bit when Puck said someone could kidnap Dris. Of course, he knew it to be metaphorical, perhaps even lyrical, speaking, but thinking back to their recent familial tragedy suddenly worried the man. Luckily, Wyatt spoke up, seeming rather nonchalant about the words. For now, Milo opted not to speak on the matter, assuming Dris would relay the news when it came good time. "Yes, I'd be more worried about Magdalena meeting the throes of my family. There's literally hundreds of us!" He grinned, ever proud of his strong family.

Dris sighed softly, wondering where in the hell his crazy family had gotten their insanity from. After Milo and Wyatt bickered a bit over the (apparently super important) topic of tea (that they'd been arguing about for at least their entire relationship), Nora was able to giggle over Wyatt's words. Good. It was nice someone did. Milo tended to rant for hours when tea was "being offended" in any way. A good reason the dreaded Boston Tea Party was very seldom mentioned in the Abrams household. Puck commented about Hera apparently having argued with the Prime Minister (a story he really, really wanted to hear), and Hera trying to pass of it didn't happen often. Holy cow. Were they all the argumentative type? Or just Hera herself?

While Nora started questioning her about spending alone time with Puck, Dris sipped at his tea. Big mistake. She flipped the entire script by asking if they were using protection. Oh. God. The brunette choked on his drink, blushing vividly red. "We... ah... well, that's... we...." He stammered out, trying to put words in place. It didn't help that now Milo had also turned to give him a look that read out danger. "That's... well difficult to answer... because... um technically... no? But not because we're... I dunnoooooo...? We're not... doing anything that might... um... require protection?" He finished out what he hoped was a coherent thought, then buried his face in his hands. Joy. Now that that was over, he just had to go find a nice hole to crawl into and die. Because he was pretty sure total and complete embarrassment was going to kill him dead by the end of the night.

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:13 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck was more than slightly confused and curious about the horror movie Dris watched that had a ominous chartreuse ending. Though she did agree, it was a horrible awful color. Why it was even a color she'd never know. She narrowed her eyes a bit though noticing how stiff both Milo and Wyatt had gotten after she mentioned her friend's plausible interrogation and wondered why that was. Neither offered explanations and seemed to stray from it bringing more attention to her being interrogated by their large family so she backlogged that for later. "Yeah Dris warned me. I'm more afraid of mixing people's names than their interrogations." she answered sheepishly taking a sip of her tea.

"It must be lovely to have such a big family though. I know we're happiest when we have everyone home and the house is filled with ruckus." Nora sighed happily. Wyatt just snorted taking the final bite of his salad. "It has its moments. But then you add other factors like dogs, a cat, a few owls..." he trailed off thinking of the zoo awaiting them at home.

"If this one had her way, we'd be swimming in hair balls and catnip." Hera pointed towards her daughter who merely smiled toothily in response. It was true though, given the chance she would flood their home with cats either from a shelter or taken in as strays. But that was another conversation for another time.

At Nora's rather random question, Wyatt had been about to take a sip of his wine but had paused in midair as he heard his son's spluttering. And watching his husband turn to glare daggers at him he wondered just how much he'd actually told the two of them. So attempting to be nonjudgmental (but still just slightly) he turned with a raised eyebrow as he took a slow sip of his drink.

Great. Now Puck had to save her boyfriend from digging himself into a pit of no return because her stepmom didn't know when enough should've never happened. It was made even worse by the fact that Dris didn't just come out and say they weren't having sex instead going the whole Hercules distance around the damn question and making everything seem worse than it was. She hadn't even seen his d**k yet and he was acting like they'd done everything but! "What he's trying to say but failing is that we've never had sex, haven't come close to having sex, and haven't even talked about when we'd like to have sex. We just reached the 'stolen boyfriend sweater' phase like a week ago. You're a bit early mum." Puck informed the table giving Nora slight glare which didn't seem to bother her at all from how she was calmly slicing her remaining chicken.

"As long as you don't make me a grandmother before I'm ready, I don't really want to know what you kids are up to. Remember, safe and consensual are the sexiest words in the world." Hera piped in causing Puck to groan again though for another reason.

"My god, how long have you been holding that one in?"

"You like it?! I'm trying out different versions to see which ones I should use for my students." she explained eagerly focusing on the rest of the table. "I teach high school-er, secondary students and we're supposed to have a sort of safe sex seminar in a few weeks so I'm trying to prepare for it." she gave a slight shrug.

"Oh, that's a great topic! What is it you do Dris? I work at a textiles company. It's a very boring analytical job that makes sure fabric and materials get to the right people." Nora informed his parents before turning her attention back on Dris.

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

Milo grinned over at Puck when she mentioned mixing peoples' names in the family. He was sure it'd come naturally, and if not, he'd be happy to write out a list of everyone (and their relationship to everyone else). Nora said it must be nice to have a large family, and the man immediately grinned in pride. See, maybe with yet another person mentioning how nice big families were he'd agree to adopt again. Then again, Wyatt was close to agreeing anyway, Milo could sense it. Wyatt, on the meanwhile, mentioned out their veritable zoo, which was also a cacophony of noise on a good day. "Oh yes, I grew up amongst a lot of family. All cousins, though. I don't have any siblings of my own. But I do have twenty-four cousins, and almost all of them have several kids, so Dris here got lucky on the cousins!" He nodded happily, sipping his wine.

Dris, on the other hand, was trying not to laugh over Puck getting called out on her cat craze. "I don't blame her. I've got two of my own and I absolutely love them." Luckily, he wasn't about to adopt fifty more or anything, but he did really love the two he had. It did help that only one of them shed, otherwise he'd look a lot more furry than he usually did. The curses of Lumi being a long-haired, snuggly cat. Unfortunately, right after that, the conversation dropped hard. After he'd... done his best to say he wasn't doing anything sexual with Puck, the girl in mention quickly stepped up to save the day. She shut it down and redirected it, which was, perhaps, even better. Though his nerves were acting up, so, as if on instinct, Dris pulled out the small jar of maroon-ish paint he'd brought along. He traced small designs on the denim of his pants, not even really realizing what he was so absentmindedly doing.

Milo eased up a bit when not just one, but both kids said they weren't having sex. Good. He wasn't prepared to find out his baby boy was quite that grown up. At the rather cliche catchphrase, Puck seemed to sass back, followed by Hera explaining the reason she used such terms. "An excellent turn of phrase, my dear. It sounds like it will be a smash with the children." He looked over at Wyatt, gently nudging the man. "That's what they say in the states, yes? 'It'll be a smash'?" He loved when Wyatt used his bizarre state-side lingo, because it was just so.... different. Unless it led them to disagree on the names of things, which tended to just stress them both out.

Dris shook himself out of his daze when Nora spoke to him, asking what he did before sharing her own job. He blushed a bit, but decided he'd better share (because Milo and Wyatt... and probably Puck would rat him out if he didn't). "Well, technically I'm the reserve Seeker for Scotland's International team. I also help out at dad's quidditch shop or my uncle's apothecary. Thank goodness I do, too, because that's how I met Puck." He grinned over at the girl, still not noticing the paint covering his fingers. Though now it was trailing onto the table a bit as well. "That's not what I want to do forever, though. Ideally I'd like to open up an art shop in Diagon. To sell art, but also do lessons and stuff. It'd be nice, I think." He ran a hand through his hair, unknowingly trailing maroon into his otherwise brown locks.

In fact, he didn't notice anything amiss until he noticed Milo giving him a funny look. Dris lifted an eyebrow, but Milo seemed to have donned that "fatherly disapproval" expression. "Driskol Winston I swear. Is that paint in your hair?" At his son's very confused expression, Milo reached up with the intention of brushing out dry paint. Unfortunately for both, it was very much not dried yet. "How... how did you even get paint in your hair at dinner? We're not even near your paints." He mumbled, more to himself than anyone, but he did notice Dris' steadily reddening cheeks. One quick glance brought Milo's gaze to the table and Dris' lap, both of which had swirly patterns of maroon all over. Great. He was making marks in someone else' house.

Yukina101

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff