Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
The Great Hall

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:30 am
User Image

The Great Hall

The Great Hall has been decked out in flowers and lace, perfect for a chance to dance the night away with your significant other. Other areas have been set up for relaxing, grabbing a bite to eat, or meeting up with that special someone.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:58 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx➺ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx➺ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? No One Yet
xxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? School Dance
xxxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Hope he gets here soon

Jessalyn was really excited about this dance. She'd been asked to attend alongside Xavier, who was supposed to meet her at the great hall. Hopefully it wouldn't be too crowded, since Xavier wasn't exactly the most coordinated person around. She had gotten her hair curled up and she'd done her best with makeup, but mostly just used concealer to cover some breakouts and put on some sparkly lipgloss. Donning her new dress, Jess headed down to the great hall. Finding a place off to the side, Jess looked around for Xavier. She could feel the beat of the music thrumming in her heart, though she figured it may be something closer to nerves. Hopefully, he'd get here soon.

Kungfudemoness

Wʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ ɪs ᴏᴠᴇʀ?
Wʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴇɴᴅs?
Hᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴄᴏᴘᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴄʟᴏsᴜʀᴇ?
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴀʟ ɢᴇᴛs ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ?
Hᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ?
Pʟᴀʏ ᴏɴ! Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʟᴏsɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ
Pʟᴀʏ ᴏɴ! 'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs
Iᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴛᴏ sᴀᴄʀɪғɪᴄᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:12 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃User Image
Seventh Year Slytherin

▬▬"A healer is someone who seeks to be the light"▬▬

Vespera couldn't believe it, she had a date to a dance. She had a date. HER FIRST ACTUAL DATE. She had to get the dress specially made, or risk getting it out of the hcildren's section.It was black and blue, and strapless (see link in the doobly doo below). After spending hours getting ready for the dance, and harassing Aeryn with questions about relationships, Ves was probably ready for this. It would all be fine, right? What's the worst that could happen, besides tripping on her own feet and falling to her death.

She walked into the Great Hall, and waved to some friends, but glanced around looking for her date, Aidene Kieran. This dance had been an excellent reason to ask the girl out, she had wanted to for a while, but wasn't sure if Aidene would have said yes or not. This dance, it was low key enough that if Aidene had said no, it still would have been okay. Ves held a corsage in her hand, waiting to give the bracelet thing to Aidene, and trying not to crush it with nerves. She whispered out loud to herself, "What if Aidene decides it wasn't worth coming? What If I'm just left awkwardly holding this corsage for the entire dance. Maybe I should just go back to the dorm..."

▬▬ "that she wishes she had in her darkest moments." ▬▬

Where: The Great hall, a dance
With Whom: Everyone
Thinking about: Is this going to be okay?
Vespera Description: Short 4'9", blond hair, green eyes
Wearing: 3 inch heels, Black and blue dress

addaellis

_____

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:28 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

fourth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club doodler || Astronomy Club pâtissière || Adventurer's Guild rogue || Cooking Club challenger
Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club squire || Fite Club founder || Quidditch beater

Aidene had been working on her dress since they found out about the dance. Or, dresses. She had started making her own dress-- sketching, cutting, finding fabric--it had been her Art Club project before she even thought about a date. Then just this last weekend she had found a fun party dress in Hogsmeade and spent all week embroidering Kirby designs along the hem and halter. But now that she was looking at it all, she wondered if she should just go with one of the very formal military-style dress she had brought along for exactly this kind of occasion.

Aidene looked around the dorm with her clothes sprawled over her bed and the floor and Brook’s bed and--oh no, how long ago had Brook left? ”USUally, the game PAUSES during character customization!” she screamed at nothing in particular. She checked her hair, braided and tied back in style 4/4 of what she knew how to do, and checked to make sure she hadn’t messed up any of the makeup Brook had done for her.

Screw it, she had worked hard to design this dress and the sheer panels had come out nice and she had taken forever to painstakingly hand-sew the gold trim. If anyone looked at her weird, Aidene was going to spin kick them so hard they’d couldn't spell "Quidditch" right. She grabbed her new butterfly heels and ran out the dorm. Before she hit the common room though, she stumbled back in, remembering her petite date and her inability to spin kick in floppy shoes, and traded them in for black and gold-eyelet boots.

Finally, she raced down the stairs. ”Vespera!” she called once she saw the older girl waiting there, fiddling with a something. A few stairs from the bottom, she tripped and went flying. Roll for DEX save! Her hand hit the stair and she flipped around. Landing with a sweep of her leg, she bounced up with a spinning kick and landed on two solid feet right in front of Vespera. Nat 20, whoot!

”Sorry I’m late! I mean--did you wait long?” she greeted Vespera. Well, late as usual. She pulled a decorative key out of her pocket to exchange as a flower. With her heels, Ves was nearly as tall as her! Aidene beamed at adorable senpai-san. ”For the most adorable and beautiful Miss Ves. I’m looking forward to tonight!”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

A time will come
When you'll have to rise
Above the best and prove yourself
Your spirit never dies!

~"Warriors" by Imagine Dragons, from League of Legends, Cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:58 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Everyone??
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Valentines Dance
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope she's not mad I'm early....

Finley was feeling a weird mix of nervous and excited. There was a school dance, which meant he would need to see if he could find a date. Following the weird flutters in his belly, Finley asked out Laurel, albeit awkwardly, to the dance. By some luck, the older girl agreed. Oh boy. Now he had to figure out an outfit, hair... did he need to wear his fancy shoes? With a letter home, Fin quickly received a package from Chad. Boy, would he have to thank his lucky stars that man adopted him.

Once the day finally arrived, Fin fixed his hair just right, then dressed. It felt.... very formal. He took off the jacket, leaving just the nice shirt and the vest paired with the pants. Good enough. Besides, he didn't want to lose the fancy jacket somewhere downstairs. He rolled up his sleeves to the elbows, frowning because it was a bit messy looking. Oh well. It wasn't like he was experienced with dates. Heck, he was barely experienced with talking to other people! Why did he think this was a good idea?

He walked down to the great hall, wondering where to wait. If she was already inside, he'd be weird for standing outside... but if she wasn't here yet, would he be lost to the crowd? He sighed, deciding to get it over with. Stepping into the hall proper, Fin found himself a place near the door, though far enough inside to be out of the way. He pushed himself to his tiptoes, scanning the crowd for any sign of Laurel. So far, he didn't see her, so maybe he was here first? Oh boy.

The Forgotten Weasley

Mᴀʏʙᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴘᴏᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ
Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ sᴏᴜʟ, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ?
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰɪsᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ʀᴀᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴅ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴇɢs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴇᴛᴛʟɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ɢʀᴀʏ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ, Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs ʟᴇꜰᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴍʙs ᴇxᴘʟᴏᴅᴇ, ɪꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
Fᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴀʀᴇ, I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:37 am
Run little sister, run so fast
I see he’s gaining on you
Take a breath and make it last
The darkwater horizon
Smile like you mean it and just
Cast the light of hell right out of here

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

RAVENCLAW │ HALFBREED │ THIRD YEAR

Laurel had never been to a dance before, and doubted she ever would again, so this seemed like as good a time as any to experience it. Besides, in her adventure novels exciting and dangerous things always happened at dances. Too bad this wasn't a masked ball or something. She had nothing against Valentine's Day, even if she thought PDA was disgusting, and while she obviously liked flowers, she'd never found the 'language' of them particularly fascinating. If she was going to give someone flowers, it was probably safe to assume she liked them. Unless the flowers were poisonous or they were allergic to them or something. Truthfully, Laurel hadn't thought much of it when Finley asked her to the dance, although of course she accepted. They'd become friends over the course of the fall semester, and friends did things like go to dances together. Obviously. Yeah, he'd seemed pretty nervous about asking her, but Finley was usually pretty nervous in general.

She was, however, surprised to see him like this, all dressed up, although it shouldn't have been that shocking given the setting. Laurel smoothed down the flowy skirt of her dress, which hung off her skinny shoulders in a heap of black fabric. Unsurprisingly, she'd paired it with her favorite combat boots, which at least looked slightly better with it than hiking boots would have. "Hey," she greeted him, raising a hand. "Hope you weren't waiting too long..." She glanced around the hall, taking in the sea of floral decorations and prominent red and pink color scheme. "This is a little crazy."

OOC:
Miss GryffindorK

No one else can see it, the shape
That makes you fall on fallow ground
So no more laying down, and no more dragging out
It’s the darkhorse you give legs to, no one else can ride
In the wake of strange beginnings, we can still stand high

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:41 am
User Image

Manage me, I'm a mess
                                          Turn a page, I'm a book half unread
                                          I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because
                                          I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough

Xavier was glad Jess had agreed to go with him to the dance. He had even opted to get some dance tutoring. He didnt want to be too lame and embarrass poor Jess. He hoped the learning helped. Come time for the dance he donned the suit his parents sent to him once he mentioned the color needed to be dark blue to match Jess dress color. He made his way down to the great hall stopping to help a poor first year on a trick step (seriously why where the trick steps still there!). It sucked they couldnt met up before hand but considdering thier common rooms were on either side of the castle so the great hall was the easiest place to meet at. He scanned the crowd and spotted Jess. He didn't call out like an idiot this time but went and tapped her sholder as he did approch her from behind. It was loud enough that signing was a logistical good idea. "The flowers are pretty but I think your prettier."Xavier signed with a smile. He had practiced that one.

Maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my year
                                                                          And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
                                                                          And this is my reaction to everything I fear
                                                                          'Cause I've been going crazy.
                                                                          Miss Gryffindork

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:04 am
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? ELaurel
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Valentines Dance
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I need to become mute

Finley shrunk back a bit, wrapping his arms around his chest. It was only getting more crowded, and as the older kids moved in, his visibility dropped to zero. Not that it was all too great prior, but still. After a few minutes, he looked over toward the door, spying Laurel, who was wearing a very flowery, delicate looking dress. A bit of warmth hit his cheeks, but still he walked over toward her. She asked if he'd been waiting long, then looked around at the blur of the room. "No, not long at all. Just a minute or two, I think."

Of course, it was then that he realized that his watch was absent from his wrist, something that was a pretty common problem for the twelve year old. Laurel commented that the whole thing was crazy and he nodded, a slight frown on his lips. "I always forget how many people can be crammed in one room, then I remember we do this every day for dinner." He sighed, really wishing he hadn't continued speaking. Why did he always have to say stupid stuff? Maybe a distraction would work? "You look nice today. That dress is pretty." Yep. Time to never talk again. Forever.

The Forgotten Weasley

Mᴀʏʙᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴘᴏᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ
Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ sᴏᴜʟ, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ?
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰɪsᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ʀᴀᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴅ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴇɢs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴇᴛᴛʟɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ɢʀᴀʏ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ, Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs ʟᴇꜰᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴍʙs ᴇxᴘʟᴏᴅᴇ, ɪꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
Fᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴀʀᴇ, I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:40 am
User ImageUser Image
xx➺ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx➺ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Xavier
xxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? School Dance
xxxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Perfection

Jessalyn walked around for a few minutes, using her tiptoes to try and spot Xavier. As she was trying to see over some tall seventh years, someone tapped her shoulder. The redhead twirled, looking at Xavier. Perfect. She grinned brightly, though it dropped a bit when her focus shifted to his hands. He commented on the flowers, then said she was prettier than they. She blushed an unholy amount, teeth showing as she grinned. "You're silly. But thank you. You're very handsome in that suit. Blue looks good on you." Her signs were slow, broken down into short, simple sentences. Xavier was learning quickly, but he was far from proficient. So, for now, she'd help him learn however she could. Reaching out, she carefully straightened his lapel, pinning a pink tulip to his suit. It looked really nice on him.

Kungfudemoness

Wʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ ɪs ᴏᴠᴇʀ?
Wʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴇɴᴅs?
Hᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴄᴏᴘᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴄʟᴏsᴜʀᴇ?
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴀʟ ɢᴇᴛs ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ?
Hᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ?
Pʟᴀʏ ᴏɴ! Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʟᴏsɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ
Pʟᴀʏ ᴏɴ! 'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs
Iᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴛᴏ sᴀᴄʀɪғɪᴄᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:55 pm
User Image
                                              ╔══════════════════════════╗
                                              Jordan Scheer
                                              Seventeen Years Old - Seventh Year - Hufflepuff - Chaser
                                              ╚══════════════════════════╝

Jordan walked into the Great Hall with his hands hidden in the pockets of his dress pants, one clutching onto his wallet. He looked around the Great Hall, trying to spot Omolara, but it didn’t look like she had arrived yet. At least he beat her here. He didn’t want her waiting around for him. The seventh year quietly made his way over to an empty seat and decided he’d just watch until she got there. This was also the first chance he had to take everything in, and honestly, the pink and red colour scheme and flowers were a tad overwhelming. His eyes trailed onto the other students, and in the crowd, he had spotted his classmate Vespera with Aidene, a fellow dueling club member. It looked like they were having fun. Nervous, he glanced back towards the Great Hall’s entrance, but still no Lara. They did agree to meet in the Great Hall, right?

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

When you see my f a c e, I hope it gives you hell
                                              When you w a l k my way, I hope it gives you hell

Diamond Wales

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:09 am
Run little sister, run so fast
I see he’s gaining on you
Take a breath and make it last
The darkwater horizon
Smile like you mean it and just
Cast the light of hell right out of here

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

RAVENCLAW │ HALFBREED │ THIRD YEAR

Laurel nodded, suddenly feeling a bit nervous, which was an unusual sensation for her. Of course she liked and trusted Finley, but they weren't exactly close friends already, and it felt odd to be here like this. She didn't regret coming, but... "Yeah," she said too quickly, "it just feels different like this with all the tables and benches moved. Plus the decorations," she cast a critical eye over the hordes of flowers. Everything looked very nice, she'd admit, but it wasn't what she'd have picked, with her frankly superior Herbology knowledge. Then Finley complimented her dress, causing her to blink before flushing a little herself. "Yeah. I mean- thanks. I don't really wear dresses. But they're okay, I guess. I picked this one because it was black. And not too tight," she added, since comfort was usually her number one priority. "I like your... vest." Laurel wasn't used to handing out compliments... or receiving many, unless they were from her sisters when she climbed a tree very fast or leap across as massive puddle on the forest floor. "So what is there to do, anyways? It's really crowded in here."

OOC:
Miss GryffindorK

No one else can see it, the shape
That makes you fall on fallow ground
So no more laying down, and no more dragging out
It’s the darkhorse you give legs to, no one else can ride
In the wake of strange beginnings, we can still stand high

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Annie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2048-2049
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Annie wished it didn't bother her as much as it did no one even seemed to have considering her worthy to ask for a date (even as friends) to go to the Baby's Breath and Boquets event. For her the reasons were obvious: she wasn't pretty and she wasn't likeable. She supposed that magic or not some things don't change.

She had tried her best to make herself pretty wearing a simple robin's egg blue, long sleeve dress, floral pink flats, and colorful jewelry. She had been so excited to dress up and plan her outfit until all together she looked in the mirror and spent over an hour trying to find a way to make her copper hair pretty and finally settled of a high pony tail.

Deciding it was ridiculous at least not to be inspired by the flowers for her sketches, even if she was no vision herself, she came up to the Great Hall. Stepping in she couldn't help but gasp at the vision and smile with her hand automatically went to cover her crooked smile. She might be unfairly ugly but she could enjoy the decorations, she decided.

User Image
                                              ------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                              You're a lively one, for sure
                                              Kind and brave, unbridled optimism
                                              Hm, this is a tough one
                                              But... yes, I think, for you

Hufflepuff!
                                              {OoC: Open for interaction.}
                                              Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
Monique "Mona" Devereux
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Youngest and Only Daughter

Location : Valentine's Day Dance (Great Hall)

Monique hated the idea of going to a dance solo. However, she hadn’t been asked on a date and certainly didn’t care to ask anyone. Now that she was in the great hall, she sort of wished that she’d asked one of the single boys around the school. Sadly, she was a proper girl who wouldn’t dare ask a guy out on a date. Even if that date was a plutonic one.

Dressed in an orange coral dress Monique glanced around the room. She hadn’t gone over the top despite wanting too. The first thing on her agenda was to survey the room, look for anyone she recognized. About the only person she recalled was a red head from art club. Better than nothing she supposed. They were in the same year although the girl was a badger, that hardly mattered to Monique these days. She’d been warming up to the idea of other houses and backgrounds for the last few years now.

“Hello,” Monique greeted simply as she approached the other girl. “Annie, right? Cute shoes.” She added. The Hufflepuff could certainly pull off blue. It wasn’t the norm for Mona to say something nice about someone else’s attire. However, it had to be said given the look of her footwear. It helped pull the blue not to mention they looked artistic which the pureblood had an affinity for.

Status : Wishing she had a date...
                                                  Company : Annie

OOC : - - -

mc2

Tsk tsk tsk, so concerned with what others want for you
                                                  No real thought for yourself or what you really want, who you are
                                                  No, I think we can do better than Slytherin for you, my dear
                                                  It'd be a shame to waste you on your family's expectations
                                                  Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Annie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2048-2049
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Annie was still marveling at the decor when a hello was addressed to her. She turned to see the blue haired Monique Devereux classmate. The more pleasant of the French girls in her class. Of course the girl looked like an absolute vision of perfection. The coral dress complementing her long pretty hair that stood out in all the best ways (in Annie's opinion) verses her copper colored locks. She nodded with a smile that didn't dare expose her teeth when Monique verified her name.

To her surprise, the girl complimented her-well her shoes but still, and she blushed with happiness. The shoes were one of her favorite things of her outfit. The more negative part of her mind said of course she'd complement her shoes. It wasn't like she herself was close to pretty.

"Thank you," Annie said, "I thought they were fitting and it is said blue looks nice with red hair. None of my outfit or me looks nearly as lovely as you, though. Why you look like a painting of something positively stunning! An angel or fairy or oh something splendid."

Still smiling her shy smile (no teeth to be seen except when she spoke, because no crooked teeth seen meant none to be made fun of), "Did you decide to enjoy your own company for this?"

User Image
                                              ------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                              You're a lively one, for sure
                                              Kind and brave, unbridled optimism
                                              Hm, this is a tough one
                                              But... yes, I think, for you

Hufflepuff!
                                              {OoC:}
                                              murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100