Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kitsusagi Realms

Back to Guilds

Newest Guild for Kitsusagi. Open 2019. 

Tags: kitsusagi, kitsu, foxes, pets, Role Play 

Reply Meta Space
Meta- Festival of the Dead ((End Posted))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valdmir Talamore
Crew

Savage Shapeshifter

10,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:15 am
User Image

Welcome to the Festival of the Dead!

Festival ORP in Discord

The season changes to fall and the nights grow darker with the passing of the days. The time has come to honor a tradition from long ago. No one really remembers who started it or what was their reasons they had behind starting the tradition. Kitsusagi call this event "The Festival of the Dead." Despite its rather grim sounding name this time is a reflection of the past. A celebration even of the Kitsu who have departed the realms. There are many ways Kitsu go about honoring this festival. Some have shrines they visit and clean, others dress and act like their well loved family member that is no longer with them. No matter how your Kitsusagi choose to celebrate it seems to do everyone well to remember the past. There has always been a popular spot where families come to set up shrines. Stones covered in ivy litter the ground surrounded with a strangely perfect ring of trees. All year long it seems fireflies might gather here lighting the area with a small glow just enough to barely light the paths between the stones. As Kitsusagi gather in this place there seems to be a bit more light then there has been before. On one of the ivy covered stones sits a black kitsu around him are glowing lanterns....and booze. It seems this kitsu has chosen to celebrate this season by handing out lanterns to those who gather...while he drinks. He doesn't seem to be handing them out for just showing up though he seems to be wordlessly waiting for kitsu to do something before he staggers over and hands them a lantern.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:17 am
........................ How to participate!.........................

Three colors of Lanterns are available and there are three task to be done.

1: If you wish to get the Silver Lantern you must respond with a prompt of your kitsu cleaning the shrines of their family or the shrines of kitsu who seem to have been forgotten.

2: If you wish to get the Gold Lantern you must respond with a prompt of your kitsu bringing offerings to the shrines of their family or the shrines of kitsu who have been forgotten.

3: If you wish to get the Black Lantern you have two prompts to chose from the first is cleaning the surrounding area of the festival the ivy gets mighty over grown even to the point of covering some old shrines. Or to have your kitsu ask a question of the tiny kitsu who seems to be handing out the lanterns. This first response can be short but you must finish the conversation with the Kitsu in order to receive the black lantern.

Rules:
1: You can do one of each prompt per kitsu that you own
2: You can use as many kistu as you like
3: Prompt three should you choose to ask questions to mus complete the conversation up to when the kitsu gives your kitsu the lantern to fully earn the lantern.
4: Prompts 1, 2, and non conversation option 3 must equal 500 words or more.

Starts: Now
Ends: November 1st @ 12:01 am

Valdmir Talamore
Crew

Savage Shapeshifter

10,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jolly Roger 50

Valdmir Talamore
Crew

Savage Shapeshifter

10,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:21 am
Form:

[color=darkred]
[size=18]Here for the festival![/size]
[b]User Name:[/b]
[b]Prompt Choice:[/b]
[b]Kitsu:[/b] ((cert image))
[b]Prompt Response:[/b][/color]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Here for the festival!
User Name: ToraHiroba
Prompt Choice: 1 (Silver Lantern)
Kitsu: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Prompt Response:
"Hello?! Anyone here? You're missing out on the festivities!" Advena called out to anyone in particular. "Still can't wait until my birthday comes around..." she muttered, walking further into the shrine, which as the curly-haired one found out, proved to be covered in layers of dust. The air from the inside was also strong with the scents of mold. Imagine what her guardian friend Dosako would think if she came upon a building as forgotten as a shrine honoring ancestors as far back as a century ago.

Now that she thought about the redhead...Advena had once again snuck out while Dosako lay asleep after a teatime social with some aqua-colored, prismatic guardian of Corundum's. What was her name again? Lazuli? Lazulu? Lazu-Lulu?

Advena didn't care. The only thing she cared about is how filthy her long locks and three tails were becoming. "Just great! Now I'll have visit a bathhouse or something to clean up before I get home..."

Suddenly, the kitsu, still oblivious to her surroundings stepped into something wet. Water? From what? Advena looked down and saw that she had one paw elbow-deep into a bucket of water. Not too far away was a bench that had a pile of folded cloth. The kitsu removed her paw from the water bucket, took up a cleaning cloth, and did one of the few tasks she wasn't a fan of compared to her guardian friend: clean-up duty!

She started with a set of stepping stones that laid beneath a stone dragon statue. Whether said statue was an actual dragon, or a kitsu with dragon traits, Advena couldn't tell. It was much too dark to look up at the ceiling, so void of the lanterns outside and the few being guarded closely by what Advena mentally described as a skull-faced drunkard. Eerie as he appeared, she couldn't help but admit that the lanterns he was displaying for all of the realm to see. It almost made her wish that she was able to bring a lantern home to her den to use for all occasions, instead of the festival that honored citizens from bygone ages, known and unknown to her.

"I wonder if...there are any guardian folk honored here," Advena Bryony wondered aloud. "They can be so underappreciated. Not to mention the fact some of them may not have found the courage to forgive me. From the soup incident, for one thing...and the mischief I've caused trying to get Aura's silver halo when she was barely a master at flying..."

Advena heard a splash, and discovered that she stepped one back leg into the water bucket. "How in all the realms, Dosako keeps her chin up in every single thing she does, is beyond my understanding!"

In time, the water bucket was tainted in the mud, muck, and dead pieces of vegetation. The sight sickened her so much that Advena made haste to find a chute or grey water reservoir to dump the contents of the bucket, followed by a means to fill it with fresher water to wash down what she could of the shrine's mysterious statues and other memorials.

After exchanging the dirty cloth and bucket for cleaner ones, Advena took a pole, tied one end of it with the moist cloth, and attempted to cleanse the face, neck, wavy back, and tail of the dust and cobwebs. She wasn't sure if she had the kind demeanor and energy of Dosako, but the long, curly-haired kitsusagi did what she was able to clear the grime of the statue and the surroundings. Not that it was a condition of punishment in any capacity. For all she knew, if she were in Dosako's standing as a guardian, Advena would do a section of the shrine, and fetch a number of others to assist with the rest of the work.

If her neighbors Corundum, Sakura Midnight, young Aura Argenta, and the others could see her and the shrine right now. It would be as great as a wonder of the world as the moment explorers found themselves in the realm of the kirin and fauna!  

ToraHiroba

Valdmir Talamore
Crew

Savage Shapeshifter

10,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:09 pm
ToraHiroba

User Image

When it seemed that Advena had finished her task the skull faced drunkard seemed to stagger from his perch carrying a silver lantern. He placed it before her giving a gentle nod of his head before leaving to return to his lanterns and booze.

Advena has receive a silver lantern a strange but faint aura comes from it.Maybe it would be stronger if there where more lanterns.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:47 am

Here for the festival!
User Name: Mutilated Moogle
Prompt Choice: A mix of 1 and 3
Kitsu: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. & User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Prompt Response:

“I don't want to do this Teddy, she will know I am happy, she will understand why I haven't hone back to her grave, she is with me all the time so I don't need to see her so lets just go see your mother" she said, having brought her her favorite flowers but at the same time she wasn't wanting to see the grave of her long departed friend as it still brought up too many memories for her, ones she didn't like to dwell on. Teddy shook his head “nope! You are going to go see Rose and I am going to be there with you just like you are going to be with me when I visit mom" he said as he pushed her into the grave site “alright, alright I will do it!” she said as she walked over to one of the older graves that were in the area and noticed a rather old Kitsu there with her mother “mom, hi!” she said happily as she flew over and nuzzled her “and Charlotte, how are you? She asked as she nuzzled the elder".

Charlotte looked at Electra and smiled “I'm good, I am pleased to see you here, Ele, I know how much you loved my daughter and thanks to her l gained a new family, I owe you and your family so much" she said as she looked from Ele to her mother and back down at the grave “no you don't, you raised a beautiful little girl who died too soon but became one of the greatest additions in my daughters life and we could never put a price on how much happiness it brought her when Teddy was forced to move away.” Casandra said to the elder as they all settled down in front of Rosies grave “Ele, you spent years with Rosie so I am sure you have some stories you could share with Charlotte” her mother asked her which she nodded “yes, I am sure there were many things left unsaid when she was able to say goodbye to you but the best moments in her life always had you in them, she loved you so much and always looked over you even if you couldn't see her” Ele said as she placed the flowers on her grave.

“One of the stories she told me, it was always one of her favorites , it was when you, her and her father would attend the festival together each year, the games and food and your mate always trying and failing to win her a prize at the games only to have you come along and show him up by winning everything. She said he was the most useless father she could have ever had but there was no one in this world who she would have wanted as parents, you two loved each other, your small family worked and she couldn't have asked for a better one “ Ele said as she nuzzled Charlotte “she said also that she wished she was able to have grown up to “find a man like daddy", someone who loved her unconditionally and would never harm her, she wanted to have what you and her father had…” she said as she trailed off, noticing the elder was now crying “she also said to me, if I ever met you one day, that she apologizes for not being able to give you grandchildren, something she knows you would have loved".

Charlotte sobbed some more and just laid her head on Electra “thank you for telling me" she said between sobs as Electra cuddled against her “your most welcome, I have a ton more where that came from if you ever want to hear them, just ask" Ele said as she kissed her head the elders head and and closed her eyes as tears silently fell down her face. Teddy quietly got up, nuzzled Ele and silently turned to her mother “I have someone I have to see" he said quietly as he passed Ele's mother, deciding to just let Ele have this moment alone with her family and he made his way over to the shrine he made for his mother soon as he arrived here, it wasn't the best or the original but it was the least he could do, he just hopped, as critical his mother was, the grave was somewhat to her satisfaction .

Teddy looked back at Ele and smiled somberly at the family he left and carried on with a small emerald locket he had found in his belongings that once belonged to his mother, deciding it was time to now give it back to it's rightful owner, but as he arrived at his mothers but as he arrived he noticed two familiar faces and smiled a little at his older sister and father “what are you doing here!?” He said as he ran up to greet them, nuzzling them both, pleased to see them. “It's an important day, we couldn't let you visit mom without us!” his sister replied as she looked down at the have grave and giggled “I can just imagine mom having a heart attack at seeing something like this, she would say it was not befitting and that she would have to clean it up" and even then it wouldn't look right so she would just remake it" Cassie said as she looked at her father and asked “however did you survive her? She asked semi rhetorically. As Their father chuckled a little and looked at his two children “because everything she did, regardless how an annoying, over the top, or just down right bad it was we had each other, she was a handful but we loved each other no matter what and, even in our bad times, which there were many, we always could find ways too cool off and then we always found ways to make each other laugh again.

Come, let me tell you both a story, it was when we found out we were going to have you Cassie, we got into our biggest and stupidest fight yet and who could have ever thought that by the end of it we didn't only have a beautiful baby girl but also the fight that brought us closer together more than anything had before" he said as he settled down, his children either side of him.
Ele had started to come over and see if she was needed but saw he would be alright but made a silent promise to say hi to his mother before they left, she always knew she could come here whenever but on the night of all nights when it was prudent to say hi to the departed it was only polite to do so.

As the day moved on so did their time with spending it with their loved ones and it was was getting later and later, Teddy had decided to just spend some time alone with his thoughts while Electra had de stay cided to stay with her parents, they would go home together but right now Teddy had some thinking to do, something he was struggling with asking his sister and and father so he went off and decided to think thing through.

“I want them to but..." he said to himself as he was walking around the graves, stopping every so often to pull ivy off the older graves that seemed to be forgotten over the years and just did his best at cleaning them up as he went, a small prayer being said by each one, he had his own problems but he couldn't wander the older graves and not do some cleaning up of them. Obviously the families were now gone from this realm given the dates on the tombstones that the least he could do is pray for them and clean their gravesite up for them, it was sad to see them in such disarray.

After about two hours or so of cleaning Teddy had come to the answer he was looking for and made his way back to his father and sister but not before one final prayer to all those who had family pass on from this world and turned, coming face to face with Ele who was smiling at him “I have said my goodbyes to those still alive and to Rose that I thought I would come and find you. Are you ready to go?” She asked as Teddy nooded “yes, I just have to ask my father and sister a question” he said as he walked back to them, Ele trailing behind “dad, Cassie, would you like to move back here?” he asked as his sister looked at him in shock “I thought we would cramp your style and you were still sore after everything we went through etc" Teddy smiled at her “oh, you and he does but Mom did say that she wanted us all in one place so please, come back here, be with us" he said as he gestured toward himself and Ele “our children shoumd get to know their aunt and grandather" he sId smiling at them.

Cassie grinned and nodded “yes! I would love to! WE would love to!” she said as abe got up and nuzzled her little brother, thrilled they would all be together again “I am needing to go" he said to his father and sister “my cave is our old cave, e
Ele kept it for me in case I returned for all these years so please stay there and we will come help you move tomorrow “ he said as he turned and parted ways with his family and looked at Ele “come on, I am tired and I would like to spend some time with you alone" he said as he nuzzled her as they started to leave the gravesite.  

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Valdmir Talamore
Crew

Savage Shapeshifter

10,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:33 pm
Mutilated Moogle

User Image

Oath seemed to silently watch this family scene unfold his look softened. He...he almost smiled....almost. Before the two could leave he blocked their path laying down two lanterns. "These are for you." He said before he left.

Electra and Teddy have received a silver lantern and a black and orange lantern to share a strange aura seems to come from them.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:59 pm

Here for the festival!
User Name: MiddyGlow
Prompt Choice: 1
Prompt Response: ORP

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:51 pm

Here for the festival!
Prompt Choice: 2
Prompt Response: ORP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:58 pm

Here for the festival!
Prompt Choice: 3
Prompt Response: Lantern aquired in the ORP

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Valdmir Talamore
Crew

Savage Shapeshifter

10,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:58 am
MiddyGlow

Tuuli Verbena receives the Silver lantern

Azahar Hueso receives the Gold lantern

Dubhan Coille receives the Black lantern

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:46 pm
The festival comes to a close.

Kitsu start to gather their things to head home. Some have happy faces and others more . It seemed all that had cleaned or tended to shrines forgotten or their families were leaving with at least one lantern or more from the tiny black kitsu. The area seemed bright and warm despite it being night time. Just as everyone was leaving a small gust of wind seemed to make the petals from flowers on the shrines dance around the kitsu as they headed home almost like something was thanking everyone for their time and attention. Meanwhile the little black kitsu seemed to be packing what was left as he drunkenly hummed a sad sounding tune that all could hear.

((In this meta there were 2 endings to unlock, The prize ending has been unlocked thanks to MiddyGlow via orp middy gets a custom guardian for unlocking this. The second ending remains a mystery unsolved better luck next time!))

This Angelic ghost was attracted to the festival by all the lanterns. They had long forgotten where the festival took place so they are grateful to all the kitsu that helped them find their way once more so the could celebrate one of their favorite festivals.

At first this meta was just for neat trinkets but with the raffle unlocked everything you did counted towards tickets for this kitsu.

Silver lanterns: 1 ticket
Gold lanterns: 2 tickets
Black lanterns: 3 tickets
Plus 1 ticket if you earned all three

Participation in the ORP: 1 ticket
Plus 1 ticket if you joined the ORP and earned your tickets separately from that

I'll be posting a raffle list and leaving it till 9 pm est for everyone to check.

Valdmir Talamore
Crew

Savage Shapeshifter

10,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jolly Roger 50

Valdmir Talamore
Crew

Savage Shapeshifter

10,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:02 pm
Raffle List:
1-9 Onelittlejay
10 Reoakee
11-17 Niyaru
18-19 Reoakee
20-23 Seimei
24 ToraHiroba
25-29 Mutilated Moogle
30-37 Middyglow
38 Katie
39 Zakiax
40 Eris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:36 pm
Mutilated Moogle

User Image
Congrats this little bean is yours!!!

Valdmir Talamore
Crew

Savage Shapeshifter

10,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Meta Space

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers