Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Stupid entries in the avatar arena... annoying or what?!? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resting Bitchface

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:39 pm
Aggrhh!

I've just been browsing through the avatar arena, and by god, half of the entries are by illiterate newbies wearing starter clothes!

This affects the score of those who have saved for years for their avatar, due to so called 'team loyalty!

I mean, some of the entries are stunning! But the 1k fee was meant to put people off submitting such atrocious avatars...

Does it annoy you when you find an avatar with starter gear, no title or description, or a description saying...

"im seeexy vote 4 me an ill give you gold lol lots of cookies as well cos im cool and seeexy!

What do you think should do done about it? Higher entrance fee? Or a minimum member time?

Neon x/o___

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:41 pm
No matter what happens, there will always be nubs flooding the avatar arena. Not much to discuss about that.  

[Noi]

Evirance

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:41 pm
    Haha, wow, not even I would be so stupid to enter with my avatar in the arena C:

does it cost to enter btw? ^^'''

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:44 pm
minimum of 1000 posts o.o

@Evirance: it costs 1K.  

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Dictator STD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:50 pm
so very annoying
a total waste of 1k... but, meh, noobs are a waste of everything u.u  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:57 pm
  • It doesn't really affect your score when someone enters with newbie clothes o.o Most people just give them ones...

• ""im seeexy vote 4 me an ill give you gold lol lots of cookies as well cos im cool and seeexy! "
    Paying people for votes isn't allowed....

• I'm not sure about this team loyalty thing, but everyone gets attacked by bots, even the good avatars. We all also have friends who will give us 10's no matter what we enter into the arena.

• Oh and no, i'm not annoyed by the newbs. Their descriptions can be quite entertaining at times. The only thing that bothers me would be the people who whore their arena entries around in the chatterbox, or add their entries to popular threads like giveaways. Making it seem like you have to vote for them in order to have any chance of getting a free prize.

oSony

Lenniel

Dangerous Sex Symbol

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:16 pm
*sigh* You don't have to load your avi up with all kinds of expensive collectibles to make it look good. Some are so cluttered, you can't see anything....They look like a garage sale.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:18 pm
It sucks, yes, but even the good avatars are being criticized because others are downvoting random people just because they believe they can win.
So the newbies aren't something worry about, really. It should be the good avis that deserve good credit.  

Haughty Siren

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:28 pm
meh i gave up on the arena everytime i enter people say im either to plain or to cluttered, or its an ugly combination >.> i was going to enter this week but i just figured it would be a waist of money. And noone ever reads my describtion v.v

but i know alot of people who get 10's and they arn't even dressed very nice... =/ i know you dont need a lot of items even a simple dress could do better then some of the entries i saw.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:57 pm
I never entered the arena. O.O;;
But that does sound annoying.
D;

Indulge [In Words]
Crew

Shy Phantom

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:07 pm
welli just entered this outfit for monday >.< lets see what happens.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:36 pm
When ever I see that I think they're looking for some other noob guy to post back:

"Oh, I agree. Your Sexy. Do you wanna cyber?"

I mean they're grammer isn't anywhere close that that but I see it all the time.

Muzzi23

irave with rainbows

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:43 pm
NeonLadyMarmalade
Aggrhh!

I've just been browsing through the avatar arena, and by god, half of the entries are by illiterate newbies wearing starter clothes!

This affects the score of those who have saved for years for their avatar, due to so called 'team loyalty!

I mean, some of the entries are stunning! But the 1k fee was meant to put people off submitting such atrocious avatars...

Does it annoy you when you find an avatar with starter gear, no title or description, or a description saying...

"im seeexy vote 4 me an ill give you gold lol lots of cookies as well cos im cool and seeexy!

What do you think should do done about it? Higher entrance fee? Or a minimum member time?

Neon x/o___
meh what can ya do  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:51 pm
It is sad.

Especially when you come across 10 "Naruto's" And ten "Death Note" poses..

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

eclara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:51 pm
Some are great, I agree. The ones with starter clothes are lame. Sometimes I get the feeling that they don't expect to win. They just wanted to enter the arena. I dont know. That might not be the case, but I feel like it should be. Lots are obviously not winning material. Usually I see avatars that have effort put into them, so the newbies aren't so annoying to me. Just give them what they deserve and move on.

What I'm sick of is when people put things like 'Vote 7-10 or I won't like you.' in their description.

The higher entrance fee and minimum member time won't do much to stop the newbs. Minimum post might have a little more 'impact' but still won't really stop them.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff