Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Where do you get the seasons on DVD? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a Season 1-5 on DVD?
  Yes
  No
  Poll Whore
View Results

MissSweetpea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:45 pm
I'm trying to get all the seasons and movies on DVDs. But where I'm finding them, there too expensive. Does anyone know where to get them for cheat? Anyone have some that don't want them anymore? I'll pay you too.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:59 am
You won't find them for cheap because they're not being sold new anymore. If you want them, you need to be prepared to pay for them.  

Astridhaze

hoshinoame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:45 pm
I can't think of any place you could get them cheap, but you can try eBay or a shop that sells anime where you live. The Suncoast in our city used to sell them on DVD before it closed down...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:34 pm
I saw some used on amazon.com for around 50$ for a season. That's probably about the best you'll find. Be careful with ebay, you might likely be buying bootlegs. Keep checking back at amazon, the prices change all the time  

chibihotachan

MissSweetpea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:20 pm
Thanks everyone  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:33 am
try www.sailor-moon-stars.com they have some good price's. that is ware i got my star's dvd boxset from.  

sailor star rainbow

9,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

Magical-Medli

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:07 am
Yea amazon is where I got most of my stuff
Late reply

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:38 am
Sailor Moon is a rarity in any country other than Japan. The only place you can get them outside of a convention nowadays is online...  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Radical Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:52 pm
serina115
try www.sailor-moon-stars.com they have some good price's. that is ware i got my star's dvd boxset from.

I got mine from there. I have all 5 seasons.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:55 pm
serina115

excet those are hong kong (bootleg) dvds so not only is Naoko not making any profit but they are illegal in the US and the subtitling is a bit off sometimes. You're better off with a fansub  

chibihotachan

sykochik

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:50 am
Yeah, I think my mom got all mine on eBay, best Chanukah EVER!!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:13 pm
i get it at the librey  

Sailor Uranus is me

tragoedia scelesta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:28 pm
I am saving so I can eventually go to Japan and get them all!
DVDS, MANGAS, ARTBOOKS, MUSICBOX, SOUNDTRACKS, POSTERS, YOU NAME IT.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:48 pm
chibihotachan
serina115

excet those are hong kong (bootleg) dvds so not only is Naoko not making any profit but they are illegal in the US and the subtitling is a bit off sometimes. You're better off with a fansub

Fansubs are illegal also, and the subbing is usually off on those too... stare I don't think that's a HongKong DVD, I own that exact boxset (eBayed for 20 bucks American) and it's Japanese, not Chinese on the backcover credits and no Chinese language subs, which is a mark of a HK factory job.  

Syndrama

friend_of_water

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:05 pm
~Alechsa~
chibihotachan
serina115

Fansubs are illegal also, and the subbing is usually off on those too... stare I don't think that's a HongKong DVD, I own that exact boxset (eBayed for 20 bucks American) and it's Japanese, not Chinese on the backcover credits and no Chinese language subs, which is a mark of a HK factory job.

True, fansubs are illegal too but at least with fansubs they aren't ripping people off to make a profit. There are a couple really good fansubbers for Sailor Moon, I'm not naming them here because it's against TOS but if you google sailor moon fansubs I'm sure you'll find them. You'll probably only find the SuperS specials, Stars and PGSM becausemost fansubbers pulled the others when a commercially available sub was made.

It's HK (or someplace else). Legitiment japanese dvds are region 2 and will not play on a north american dvd player.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff