Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
What would you do at an Anime Con.? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Devil Jo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:05 pm
Hmmm...me.First off, it would be my first so i would go crazy,and act like a noob. mrgreen Besides that I would have lots of fun,make new friends,and get the things that I want.You know Manga,Anime,and plushies. mrgreen Oh,and if you would like to know,i'm going to one this month,wish me luck. 3nodding mrgreen
What would you do at one?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:26 pm

I would do my best to meet people I met there last time (at Kumoricon, and Sakuracon, and Orycon, which is scifi).
    Then I would go crazy and spend all my money on junk. Poor starving college student.
    And then, and then, I would go to all the awesome panels I could.
    I might even do some karaoke at this year's Kumoricon.
    Nahh.

I think I'm going to come home from school so my mother can drive me up to Vancouver for Kumoricon -- I don't have a car. [/lazycheapandbroke]
    I'm also going to be spending a lot of time sneaking around and avoiding a bunch of people I know, who have gotten a room there.
User Image  

TomorrowIsAFish

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:30 pm
get a brochure so I know whats where and when. go to the dealers room between events I want to go to or skipping events I don't care about. then if im in costume (lol usually RE) pose off for a while, and just mingle between other cosplayers.

oh, and spend a minimum of $200, not including badge or entrance prices.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:38 pm
Is it stoopid in here...

I would sneak towards the Yu-Gi-h booth and mix in with the crowd. Then at the top of my lungs I yell, "NERDS!!!!!" Then I'll blend in and start looking around like everyone else and stalk off.
xd

...or is it just me?

DumberDan

Muzzi23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:12 pm
When I go next year I'm cos-playing. I'll be my first time to one. I want to spend the night at the hotel so I can go for 2 days. xd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:02 pm
Maybe cosplay..

Get LOTS of pictures to save the memories :3

Stop at booths, buy stuff. <3

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

Sul Ponticello

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:04 pm
Spin the gaia wheel and hope to get a halo! :3  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:17 pm

Well I've never been to one, So I would probably faint as soon as I walked in [I tend to faint a lot] I want to go to one soooo bad and I've decided that if I go I'm going to go as Kagome xD

Fraeulein Makellosigkeit

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Wall Street 200

BeeFeh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:28 pm
Never been to one before, but i'd probably pick up all the swag I could and try to get a spin on that gaia wheel. whee

I'm not really sure what they have at them, but I bet I could find some underground anime to add to my collection. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:23 pm
I always love going to them^^ When I go I always ask random cosplayers for pictures. I was a volunteer at the comic-con this year & I saw very cool & very weird people. I would've went dressed up myself but I wasn't allowed too. >:3  

Bed Time Story

Dapper Gaian

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

mmmddd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:43 pm
Well there's not many here in Australia and the Gaia people don't even come this far. There's only like 1 near me and I've yet to go. Something always comes up and then I end up not going.
I would probably dress up but only change when I got there.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:56 pm
Con people with anime, perhaps? ninja  

Pailzor
Captain

Breath of Vermillion

4,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:18 am
I would probably cosplay one of my favorite anime characters. Go too the boothes I would want to go to. Get some signatures from artists and voice actors of coarse. Look at rare items I could never buy. Buy some really cool items I can buy. And finally mingle around and talk to people.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:24 am
Ya know, I ave never been to anything like that. I would like to sometime, but I just dont want to travel to them.  

AWoLShadows

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:32 am
hehe i went to animeboston O_O OMG I got TONS of pictures. I went crazy and ran around takeing pics of my favorite charactors.
but i spent a lot of time in the dealers room... spent like 250  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces