Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
so the other day... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:09 am
...I was at the mall, and saw some computers with free internet usage. So I figured I'd log into Gaia, and low and behold, some chicks behind me go "He has a Gaia!!111! And he's not a n00b!11!!1". I turn around and was like "huh?" like a fat kid who just herd the word cake. There were these girls standing behind me asking me how much I'd sell my CoCo to them, I guess trying to get a discount. I politely turned them down, but now I have the numbers of 2 rather hot girls, thanks to Gaia. n.n;

anyone else have any experiences like this? Not related to just Gaia, anything. (Ex.At the movies with same interests, or at a tech store and someone overhears your 'intelligence' on nerdy things and you hook up, etc.)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:21 am
I kinda had something along the same lines happen to me >w<

I was at Best Buy and my mom and sis were off looking at phones and crap. I never hang around them in stores that have games so I hurry back to the game section of the store. Lo and behold, they have Guitar Hero II, my favorite video game. There was just a guy on it, he wasn't so good. He was playing Surrender on Easy and failed a little bit after the intro. He busts out laughing and hands me the guitar. I quickly switch to Beast And The Harlot on Expert and start jammin. After I finish, I had four different girls following me around the store asking me a bunch of questions. "How long have you played GH2?" "Not long actually, only about a month." "Do you have a real guitar?" "Yes." "Are you in a band?" "No. I've been asked to be in three though." "Why didn't you want to join?" "Cause I had too much other stuff to do." "Are you going to make one?" "Maybe once I have enough time."

I eventually had to tell them I had to go D= They gave me their numbers though. I made a stupid mistake of giving them mine as well >.> You should see my call histore. Lots of their numbers in it.  

Brago Bellmond

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:26 am
lol I don't like haingin' out with people I don't know, relatively I don't exactly look forward to having a GilrFriend (or Boyfriend, for those of you who wanna turn that lil joke on me)

relatively, I gave them the Rejection Hotline number, instead of my own. =P

but I've got theirs, and they'll prolly' hate me if I call so im not gonna bother lol

and I get that ALL THE ******** TIME when I play DDR. I play on Heavy, most songs that support Oni, I tend to play it. I get all these people asking me the same questions (that pertain to DDR, anyway). I think its because im fat that makes people question that I can actually play.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:21 am
Well... nothing like this ever caused me to hook up with a guy, but it did cause me to become friends with a girl.

"You know what anime is?" "Yeah I know what anime is! :'DDD"

Yeah. I'm not even kidding. xD;; Pretty much nobody in my school knows what anime or manga is, so its always nice to find somebody who does. <3

WhyAreYouStalkingMe

silent_wulf7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:25 am
i odnt have one.... idk  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:04 am
My mom didn't want to put me into the junior high school my elementry school was supposed to go to because it's supposed to be bad(my friend goes there and there's a fight everyday) so she put me into this other one. Well, I knew nobody there and I was so scared. So, because I loved to draw inuyasha characters (I was huge inuyasha fan. I learned to draw anime by drawing inuyasha!), I drew inuyasha in class. The girl beside me saw it and not only did she like drawing, she liked inuyasha too! We started chatting and now we're really good friends! Not to mention, she introduced me to a bunch of my friends at that school!  

x_Silver_Starlight_x

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

[Noi]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:49 am
Lulz.

Noi's real life OMG hat gets a minimum of one reaction every time I go to the mall. I wear it EVERYWHERE.

ninja

I'm wearing it to the next local con I go to, from which I DOUBT I won't get a reaction.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:12 am
I'm homeschooled so when I see a anime fan it's pretty rare. emo
I did become decent friends with two people by mentioning Naruto and Bleach though. :3  

Toontastic

O.G. Member

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:20 am
Not really anything special.. O_O my friends were in awe when i got a coco...
then this one guy called me a nerd for playing gaia and said i need a life...then he over heard my friends and i talking about anime Boston.. he starting ranting on that saying only geeks do this and that.. i ignored him.

sooo i guess it was a story just not a good one.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:35 pm
[Noi]
Lulz.

Noi's real life OMG hat gets a minimum of one reaction every time I go to the mall. I wear it EVERYWHERE.

ninja

I'm wearing it to the next local con I go to, from which I DOUBT I won't get a reaction.

At the next local con you go to, you should go dressed as your current avie. I THINK you might get reactions from that. But I may be wrong. biggrin DD  

WhyAreYouStalkingMe

xXxBowDownToChocolatexXx

Fashionable Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:54 pm
well last year a new girl came to our school with the rumor that she was a lesbian, lots of people knew she wasnt cause it was the nOObs making it up, anyway about a week after she came, she sat on our table cause we were nice to her and my best friend and i was talking about how to get out of a room with no doors or windows, my friend said use a drill and this girl spitted out milkshake all over my friend and up my right hand... we were dying of laughter and since then shes been our friend and she introduced me to gaia
(i dont know if its similar or not but the milkshake was funny)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:23 pm
[Noi]
Lulz.

ninja

lol I always wear mine. that or the catscratch. last con I went to, I had a whole RE getup (lab coat and badge and all) and I wore my OMG with it. every 10 seconds I heard "thats a Gaia hat!" and got like 40 pics from it.  

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

staranime

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:29 pm
Haha. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:51 pm
Stuff like that never happens to me. neutral