Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Interracial Dating/Couples! <3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daydream Silhouette

Married Husband

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:20 pm
What do you think about interracial dating/couples? Would you ever date someone ourside of your race? Currently, I'm dating a guy who's fully Chinese, lol...and when I met his family, I was nervous. I thought that they would hate me because I'm not fully Chinese...but they're actually really great people! [A little on the quiet and reserved side though...but that's okay, because I am too! xP] But I am not sure what my dad would say if we got married, because my dad is from Jamaica, [but has Chinese blood]...I guess he wouldn't mind. At any rate, the more I think about how in love I am, the more I can see myself being with this person for the long run. So who knows--eh? And we always talk about what it would be like if we had kids...but eh... sweatdrop enough about me! lol! x3

So yeah, share your thoughts/experiences here! <3 ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:23 pm
If you're dating a guy who's fully Chinese, then that means you're not a Chinese person are you? stare
In any case if I had no choice but to date a white girl I would. (There's plenty of blondes and brunettes where I live). But I'd rather prefer to date a Chinese girl. Sure a one night interracial fling might be hot and sexy, but all of us need to consider our future marriage prospects. It just sounds wrong to have children with mixed ethnicity, especially if they're half chinese/half white.  

Minielf

Daydream Silhouette

Married Husband

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:47 pm
I don't think that I can say that I am a Chinese person. In the respect that I am not 100 percent Chinese. So yes, you'd be correct. But I am mixed. And I don't think it should matter if you want to marry someone outside of your race. I mean, I don't think it sounds weird at all if you were to marry someone who's White and then have half White/Chinese kids. As long as you're happy, why would it bother you? Now, on the other hand, I do realize that there are some cultural differences that might arise...but in the end, it would totally be up to you and your partner to move past them. But as for me, I would try to learn about the person as much as possible [that would include their culture]. Not just viewing the relationship as a "fling", but if things were serious between us, then of course you'd have to work out some kinks.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:09 am
Minielf
If you're dating a guy who's fully Chinese, then that means you're not a Chinese person are you? stare
In any case if I had no choice but to date a white girl I would. (There's plenty of blondes and brunettes where I live). But I'd rather prefer to date a Chinese girl. Sure a one night interracial fling might be hot and sexy, but all of us need to consider our future marriage prospects. It just sounds wrong to have children with mixed ethnicity, especially if they're half chinese/half white.

That's a little too purist for me, and seeing the influence of purism in Japan and its effects I'd say it's a very bad thing. Racial boarder is too artificial an excuse to separate people with. Besides... half-bloods are smart cool  

Cat-Whiskers

berryscary1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:09 am
shame shame. interacial marrige/dating could really help other people understand another culture and be more open to having friends and such. ex. white girl dates vietnese"don't know how to spell that" white girls friends might start hanging out with vietnese friends,vietnese friends might start hanging out with white girls friends!!! biggrin that sound really strange.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:54 pm
im totally for it. i think love should have no racial boundary, and same thing goes for marriage. this is the 21th century people, open up your mind! i think some interacial couple's got it hard on them, because besides the usual dating/marriage issues, they also have to work out family, racial, and cultural differences between. therefore i think an interacial couple is really admirable, having experienced probably twice as much issues as a normal couple would.
personally i dont think race is going to stand in the way of my future relationships...but that''s just optomistic thinking....
btw @ Cat-Whiskers: i really like the poem in your sig. wink  

the fire within ice

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:15 pm
I shall only date/marry chinese (taiwan/shanghai/or HK) or japanese. 3nodding sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:34 am
I don't think it matters. There are differences which can break a relationship far more effectively than race.

@'elfy - ..that comment borders on racism, imo.. -__-" anyway, watch it matey. P: besides, I know many mixed-race kids and they're all perfectly nice. Plus the girls all tend to be really pretty. -nodnod-

Niphz
Crew

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:21 am
I love how Niph only comment on the pretty girls stare

@ the fire within ice: which poem are you referring to? there are 2...ish domokun  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:03 am
..it's true though! Also because, in case you hadn't noticed, I go to a girls' school, && most mixed kids I know are girls, and I don't see why I'm going to such lengths to defend myself! >>;;

Niphz
Crew

soumakisa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:32 am
    × i agree that mixed girls are pretty... XD

i know many Eurasians and have seen many... they all have very nice features..

not just Eurasians.. but asian mixed with another asian.. (except for me.. sweatdrop ) lol..

i got this friend who is Japanese mixed with Thai.. she is seriously gorgeous.. almost all the guys in school had a crush on her.. (no kidding).. plenty of guys even approached her on the streets.

so are mixed boys.. redface take for example, takeshi kaneshiro (his father's Japanese, mother's Chinese) although he is quite old now.

personally, i dont see anything wrong with dating another race..

to me, i just find myself clicking better with asians.. i feel that it's harder for me to open myself up to westerners.. XD but that's just me.. but if i were to meet a western guy who i can really click well, we can understand and respect each other.. i dont mind seeing how things will go.. lol..

actually i have a relative in Australia.. my cousin (Chinese) married to an Australian.. haha.. and the kids are really cute.. whee
    they seem to be a happy family as well even though the Chinese culture is different from the Western.. my cousin's husband would often join the asian family dinners, Chinese New Year Celebrations, Dumpling Festivals, etc... he also takes off his shoes to enter the house.. XD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I don't mind mixed ethnics =/

But I'd rather marry some chinese/japanese/korean guy instead of a british guy to be honest ^^;;
Can't think of what my child would look like eheh ^^;;
Creates less stress for my if I married a chinese guy parents though o.<

I wouldn't mind dating some guy that is not asian if only my parents weren't so picky, but might have to think about marriage o.<

Mixed ethnic boys and girls look pretty =3
Cos this chinese celeb married this european guy...?
And yeah, their kids (boys) looks pretty handsome ^^
Probably cos the guy was handsome himself =P

` T a p i o c a `

the fire within ice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:26 am
...mixed children are prettier! i personally know some and they are all really nice looking... im jealous! xp
@ Cat-Whiskers: 过零丁洋 ...i might have heard it before from somewhere...both the poem itself and the poet are pretty awsome.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:55 am
the fire within ice
im totally for it. i think love should have no racial boundary, and same thing goes for marriage. this is the 21th century people, open up your mind! i think some interacial couple's got it hard on them, because besides the usual dating/marriage issues, they also have to work out family, racial, and cultural differences between. therefore i think an interacial couple is really admirable, having experienced probably twice as much issues as a normal couple would.
personally i dont think race is going to stand in the way of my future relationships...but that''s just optomistic thinking....
btw @ Cat-Whiskers: i really like the poem in your sig. wink

horah,there may be hope for us westerns after all!!! biggrin  

berryscary1

mymiridon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:42 pm
I didn't think that people really gave much thought about race when they're choosing a partner...  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff