Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Tabletop Games Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What Kind of Table Top Gamer Are You?
  D20 (D&D, Star Wars, And Many Others)
  D10 (White Wolf)
  Games That Have Their Own Unique System (Shadow Run)
  I Don't Game, But I Want To
  I'm Just Here For The Poll *Leaves*
View Results

Athilea Majiri

Victorious Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:54 pm
Okay, so I'm a nerd and very excited about the fact that I am running my first game for the group I normally play with. I started out playing D&D, being very interested in that type of roleplaying. Soon I discovered White Wolf though, and fell in love.

It's much more simpler to create a character then the D20 systems, but alot of fun. D&D ended up having a feel of complete unbelievability to it, like the first editions of Vampire, Warewolf, Mage, and Changeling. Now the writers have revamped the rules, setting, and even aspects of the characters you play to make it seem more fesible in reality. It's still all for fun, but you can look at it and see where it could be something to fear.

Now they have Changling out again, the theme being Beautiful Madness, and it's just. . . .well. . . .it's love. It's based more on the older myths of the fae when they were evil little creatures that would lead you away and do horrible things to you just because they could.

What table top games, if any, do you play? If you don't play any were you ever interested? If you do play them, what's your favorite aspect of the rp?

Personally I think my favorite is going to be Changling, though it's got alot to compete with as far as my fiance's Warewolf game goes, and it has a beautiful setting to compete with as far as Exalted goes. But still, I'm actually excited about this, and can't wait to run my first game. . . .if my brother ever picks his character. *glares at brother*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:55 pm
I play Monopoly.

Does that count?

[Noi]

Athilea Majiri

Victorious Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:56 pm
[Noi]
I play Monopoly.

Does that count?

XD Not quite. I mean more of table top roleplaying games. Now, if you pretend to be the shoe, and come up with a story and detailed description for it, then maybe. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:58 pm
I'm in ur shooz.

Coverin ur feetz.

Okay, back on topic.

Ive always been interested in anything like D&D, but I don't have a group of nerd-tard friends to try it out with.

Sucks, I know.

[Noi]

TomorrowIsAFish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:00 pm
User Image
I have this Lamia character that I modified from the monster manual. surprised
At level one, she had 58 hit points and everybody else in the party had 4. She has a racial +12 spot-check bonus. She can strike twice in one move.
I luv 'er. xD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:02 pm
[Noi]
I'm in ur shooz.

Coverin ur feetz.

Okay, back on topic.

Ive always been interested in anything like D&D, but I don't have a group of nerd-tard friends to try it out with.

Sucks, I know.

D&D is alot of fun, but much more complicated then it needs to be. It seems to have drifted away from the roleplaying aspect of table top games towards the bash and smash aspect of it, and "I use magic missle."

What I can advise you of is that White Wolfs website, that's the company that does the World of Darkness games, will direct you to gaming shops nearby, and even to people in your area that may be looking for players.

But hey, like I said, D&D can be fun if you find a really good group.  

Athilea Majiri

Victorious Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Athilea Majiri

Victorious Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:03 pm
TomorrowIsAFish
User Image
I have this Lamia character that I modified from the monster manual. surprised
At level one, she had 58 hit points and everybody else in the party had 4. She has a racial +12 spot-check bonus. She can strike twice in one move.
I luv 'er. xD

I had a fairy rogue in an all rogue game that my ex decided to host. ninja She was a ninja with wings!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:05 pm
` Athilea -

I DID play D&D once before though.

I made a Lawful Good Paladin. I never got past level one cause the other two friends I was playing with (besides the DM and another good friend) kept paying attention to other things.

That, and he sucked anyway.

[Noi]

Athilea Majiri

Victorious Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:07 pm
Oh, sorry, the way you said that I thought you hadn't played before Noi.
Our D&D games never went more then two or three sessions before the other players got bored. ((That's my ex's group)) They never stuck with any storyline for longer then a month. That's why I like our new three person group. We need more players. stare  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:08 pm
Well, off to run my game for now, I will return shortly to see how this thread is going!  

Athilea Majiri

Victorious Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100

TomorrowIsAFish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:32 pm
User Image
My friends make me sad. They keep starting new campaigns and then having a bunch of sessions without me. j-j

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:47 pm
I used to play D&D a long time ago, sometimes I was the DM... but this was... years and years in the past, was part of my Dark-Past *insert suspense music*
Now I just play them on PS2 3nodding  

Dictator STD

TomorrowIsAFish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:49 pm
User Image
I don't have any gaming platforms except for a DS Lite I got for my birthday / graduation / Christmas all rolled into one, and a GBA my neighbor gave me because he had three. All I play is Pokemon.
I don't even have my own dice, because I'm cheap and broke. x.x;

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:10 pm
hehe, they just got into a fight with 5 allegator like creatures and the "ogre" changling knocked one of them out. I have images of Conan punching out a camel now.

We mostly play on our ds, computer, or 360, we had a Wii but grew bored of it until they come out with better games.  

Athilea Majiri

Victorious Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Athilea Majiri

Victorious Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:34 pm
Yay, my first storytelling session went well, though I was nervous and stuttering. I don't to very well in front of people, even if I do know them well.

Anyone else a table top gamer?  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces