Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Room-naming system changing Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People are...
  Out of control. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
  Stupid / Inconsiderate.
  Themselves, and the admins shouldn't try to control us!!1!1 D<
View Results

TomorrowIsAFish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:44 pm
User Image
Based on your username!
I just saw the announcement, and doubtless you will too, so I'm not going to quote the admin. Long story short, people can't keep their chatroom names PG13.

I guess I'm missing something here, but why would you make a title outside the ToS, which we all agreed to (even if we didn't all read them first)? It just makes a backlog for the admins. I wonder if instead they could make some kind of filter for the titles.
What do you think?
edit: And the answer about the admins was kind of sarcastic... I wasn't saying anything about them or about their job (which they do very well).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:48 pm
I think it has to be done.
:l
We are all punished do to others mistakes...
><
Again...

Rathmanian

[Noi]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:50 pm
` Fish -

People make those titles for the same reasons there are 324583456804345203663 10 - 12 year olds in a 13+ year old community.

Idiots don't read the ToS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:50 pm
it's gonna be worse, cause before I could know what rooms not to enter, and safely go to "silence" rooms
Changing the name won't stop people to do the cyber things that they do inside the room... the name is just the external fact  

Dictator STD

TomorrowIsAFish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:53 pm
User Image
I always hated when the teacher made our class stay in for recess because of this one kid. I was the quiet one reading in the back and I didn't do anything wrooong! gonk
Plus it's not motivation for a lot of people. They don't care.

Not that I ever bothered to create my own room in those things, so this doesn't effect me.

Noi - Sigh.. They should've read them. -grumpygrumpy- It just bugs me.

edit:
Tap - Well said. I always found it easy to ignore the more dirty rooms, but now I'm going to stumble into them. ><

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:59 pm
I'd have to agree with NekoGod.

-Nod Nod-

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

Und3rclassH3ro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:19 pm
i could care less, names of rooms? no big deal  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:04 pm
Couldn't give a monkeys nuts.

But people are just going to make Mules with *Room* usernames.

Expect: Cam4butts01's room.

etc.

Foul.

Cherry Choo

Haughty Siren

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:45 pm
It's mostly because of all the "slave rooms/cyber/truth or dare no wimps" they see in the games. So I guess they felt that they needed to make it just plain and PG =/

Many are going to be disappointed by this. Me, I really don't care, as long as I can do some 21 in the Cards game  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I don't really care.
But I am going to miss calling my rooms, "lol puzzling/lol fishing/lol cards". gonk

I don't really need to worry about walking into cyber rooms...I always make my own rooms and usually lock it so I don't have to deal with talking to people when I don't feel like talking. xB

singull

Narcissistic Literature

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:34 pm
She lay down on the grass,
Looking up at the sky,
thinking, it’s all she can do.
If she disappeared she would not be missed.
She will be gone just like everyone else.

Getting up from the grass,
she walks on the sand,
looking outward towards the sea.
She walks into the water high up above her knees.

~~~♥~~~♥ Narc Lit ♥~~~♥~~~

Just by changing a chatroom name, this doesn't get rid of all the over pg-13 people who will discuss what they want how they want.

It's a bit weird since people on gaia shouldn't really be much younger than the age of 13.

I am fairly pissed because now I cannot create a room for silence and n00bs will start talking to me. Gah!

I usually name my rooms "Silence you swine" which is pg-13.

I am very much pissed off. But I'll get over it. I can just lock my room. =3

~~~♥~~~♥ Narc Lit ♥~~~♥~~~

The waves softly hit her legs.
She looks at the sunset and its yellow-red hues
she walks into the sea, farther and farther,
opening her arms towards the wave.
The water is high up to her hips.
The wave comes towards her.
She looks at the wave with her arms stretched out;
the water starts to rage, the wave hits her body hard.
Then the water calms down. The water recedes,
then darkness falls, and all goes dark.
The sun goes down and the day is done.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:49 pm
Yeah I agree they need word filter...  

staranime

Greedy Genius

AWoLShadows

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:04 pm
I really dont have a problem with it. If people want to make rooms to be with friends or something then they will just have to look for a username. There isnt really much difference in it. A word filter would put more limitation on the users than the route Gaia chose. A word filter could be used in every aspect of the site. (Games, Towns, Ect.) This is a good idea, however, each person has an opinion on what can offend a person.

:EXAMPLE:
I played the game "Runescape" for a long time, and the word filter on there was a pain! You couldnt say many words that are acceptable in the world by many. Words such as suck, a**, damn, and even some peoples usernames that had a word in it. (Such as Assassain) As you can see, the filter can be a double edged sword.

Freedom is great until someone takes advantage of it to infringe on the freedoms of others. Say if someone made a room that had something offensive in the title that not everyone agreed with, then that is wrong and more then likely the person made it on purpose. Same can be said if the person who made the title just did so to go against the rules and cause a stir.

In short, if someone made a room thats name was against the guidelines set by the site, they have every right to change it.

As for the poll question about the Admins, they are given jobs to do by Gaia to make sure the rules are followed by everyone as to make the site an enjoyable place for people to hang out on. When people sign up for the site, they are asked to review the guidelines for the site and enter into an electronic agreement to follow said rules once they click "I accept the terms." More or less, the people who complain about this and do not follow the rules are hypocritical.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:51 pm
I don't understand why we everyone has to bepunished because of a few people. It's ridiculous.

It's almost like the No Child Left Behind crap. All the smart people have to stay behind because some not as smart kids aren't as smart. I wouldn't be surprised if some people just gave up. (Some people already quit off Gaia from earlier things)

I mean, why do we have to be treated like this?

^I always complain bout that wit my mom xD  

FullmetalEDlover

6,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100

finalkeyblader

Dapper Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:54 pm
This just sucks...
Why didn't they just use a word filter?
D;

[MADG]