Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Meeting people online. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever met someone online, IRL?
  Yes, and I'd do it again too. =D
  Yes and it was terrible. Never again! T_T
  No, but I would. ^_^
  No and I would never! D=<
View Results

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:23 pm
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

So I want to know, have you ever met somebody online IRL and if so, what was it like? I know a few people here have *cough*Peasant and Goddess*cough* and clearly they had a good experience with it but what about the rest of you?

I'm going to go to PTF's sex thread format and make a survey you can answer if you so choose, and I will post my answers in the second post since I tend to ramble.

Also, if you've never met anyone online there is no need for you to paste the entire survey, just the questions that apply to you.

1. Have you ever met somebody online in real life?

2. If not, would you, and if so would you do it again?

3. Were you nervous?

4. Was the person everything you expected them to be? Were they cooler or were you let down?

5. How did you come accross each other? i.e, MySpace, Gaia, a chatroom, game site, etc.

6. How far did you/they have to travel?

7. Did you and up hanging out more/dating/etc or is it planned for the future?

Err.. I can't think of any more questions at the moment, but if you want to ramble on about your experience or opinion on the matter that's cool too. =) I'll add questions if anything good comes up.

...I laughed myself to sleep.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:24 pm

Yes, several.

I would definitely do it again. =)

3. Were you nervous?
Yes, I was nervous but after meeting and talking to them for a little while all was good again.

4. Was the person everything you expected them to be? Were they cooler or were you let down?
Most of the people I've met were pretty sweet. I haven't had any horrible experiences but there were a few I thought would be a little better.

5. How did you come accross each other? i.e, MySpace, Gaia, a chatroom, game site, etc.
Okay here's the fun part, I'm just going to list everyone (hopefully I don't miss anyone sweatdrop ):
Craig, Patrick, Param, Ashley M, Taylor all from MySpace chats. (Ash, Taylor and I had common friends but it's still where/why we met)
Sean from MySpace technically but he lurked me through common friends.
Dave and his family mom met on PokerStars.
Chris from a Buffy the Vampire Slayer chat site we were on 5+ years ago.
PLUS many people on the Flatlined forums I talked to on there then met at shows later on.

MySpace people: All from Southern Ontario so an hour and a bit at the most.
Sean lives 40 mins away maybe. rolleyes
Dave lives 2-3 hours away or so.
Chris lives in Sydney, Australia (he was already visiting Canada, he didn't come just for me.)
Flatlined forum people: all from Southern Ontario/GTA so maybe two hours at the most.

Craig I dated breifly, Patrick, Param and Taylor I've hung out with twice, Ash I only met once, Sean and I sort of dated and we've hungout since that ended, Dave married my mom, Chris stayed at my friends house for a few days but then continued travelling around Canada and the Flatlined kids.. most of them I just see on occasion at shows, one of them I was extremely close with for awhile but now she's into bad things and we don't talk much.

Whew.. But yes, there are definitely other people I would very much like to meet, but money and timing seems to be a bit of an issue at times. rolleyes

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

irave with rainbows

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:26 pm
1. Have you ever met somebody online in real life? yes nd we've been together for two year on and off todays are six months straight

2. If not, would you, and if so would you do it again? all my friend are from inet people irl suck

3. Were you nervous?
all the time and now i am in love
4. Was the person everything you expected them to be? Were they cooler or were you let down? my love was cooler some of my inet friends let me down

5. How did you come accross each other? i.e, MySpace, Gaia, a chatroom, game site, etc. game sites,myspace,facebook,mmto,nexopia xD

6. How far did you/they have to travel? hmm ..10mins to 3hrs

7. Did you and up hanging out more/dating/etc or is it planned for the future? yes my baby and i wanna move in together  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:34 pm
I'm so paranoid about meeting someone who I've only known online. So no I've never done it before.  

mmmddd

singull

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I almost met someone I met online, but she and her mom couldn't come to my town for a week before they went to Japan since they didn't have enough money. D:

I have talked to her on the phone and gotten letters and sent her letters though. xB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:44 pm
c o s p l a y b o i
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I almost met someone I met online, but she and her mom couldn't come to my town for a week before they went to Japan since they didn't have enough money. D:

I have talked to her on the phone and gotten letters and sent her letters though. xB

Awh that's too bad. I definitely started with letters, phone calls, etc though.

mmmddd: It can be scary but that's why you meet in a group of people in a public place. ^^

irave: That's awesome! Congrats!

>_> I am fully aware that I just replied to these backwards. XD

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:05 pm
1. Have you ever met somebody online in real life? yes

2. If not, would you, and if so would you do it again? umm depends i would it i were with my friends or with my mom again.

3. Were you nervous? not really.

4. Was the person everything you expected them to be? Were they cooler or were you let down? they let me down he was my bf and he seemed to be cool we talked for a year online then he asked me out i went to go seehim and he was really lazy ...v.v.

5. How did you come accross each other? i.e, MySpace, Gaia, a chatroom, game site, etc. chat room

6. How far did you/they have to travel? from CT to IN

7. Did you and up hanging out more/dating/etc or is it planned for the future? eh I kinda....dumped him he wasnt who i thought he was and right now i don't really plan any dateing in the near future because im takeing a break. Love is not for me right now ^^.

but if its friend wise meeting someone on the internet can be dangerous if you do i would advise meeting some where like a mall and with friends. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:06 pm
Yes, two persons so far. The first one was a cute bipolar guy that didn't mix well with my unstable emotional state, and the second one is my current boyfriend of 6 months. <3

Sure, what the hell? It's all a matter of safety and such. Nothing to be too paranoid about. :3

3. Were you nervous?
I'm social phobic, so ja.

The first guy seemed awesome, but was a real a*****e and pretty much just wanted to get a little somethin'. My boyfriend is a total sweetie, and I knew that after a few days of chatting online. I actually went to his house to meet him, which was extremely stupid on my part. I gots lucky. NEVER EVER DO THAT KIDDIES! Rawr grr.

MySpace. XD

Eh, few miles. Not far at all.

Boy #1~ Hung out for a few times, things went incredibly wrong, and we haven't talked or ran into each other since the end of January. He was my first kiss, too. D:
Boy #2~ I see him constantly, cuz I lurves him. :3

And that is the story of my insane 18 year-old-ness.  

Sugrie

Eloquent Lunatic

fins2left

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:21 am
yes, many people
yes, my best friend and I met through a personals, we never dated because we were both looking for friends and found it
3. Were you nervous?
no, because i had spoken to them many times on the phone before i met them, i have met probably about 7 people that way, including three girlfriens
in all of the cases they were really wonderful
some of them were from a christian site, but dont let that fool you there are nut jobs there too and some from personals, still, you have to weed them out, if want to meet them, talk to them on the phone many times, and really get to know them first before you meet in person.
one came from florida, mostly here in va and one in nc
7. Did you end up hanging out more/dating/etc or is it planned for the future?
one of them became my best friend, but mostly we are friends and still chat and catch up, one i am currently talking to i want to day, fingers crossed heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:47 am
Yup, quite a bunch of times

Yes, its always fun ^^

3. Were you nervous?
A bit

Well, some were, while some weren't. It's like, some people have a great connection with me while being online, but in RL it just doesn't workout. And with some other people that I didn't talk much online I had this great feeling from them that we became greater friends after meeting in RL.

A forum I used to frequent a while ago

Well, we met at this convention thingy, so we all travelled from our cities to go there. Most of the time I'm the one travelling to meet them, since one of my parents lives in another city

Hanging out mostly, I dated one of them, but just for a short while, I don't like long distance relationships. But one of my online friends is like, my hang out buddy whenever i'm in her city. And now we have a lot of friends in common, I introduced her a lor of my friends, and she did the same.  

Dictator STD

Brago Bellmond

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:52 am
1. Have you ever met somebody online in real life? Yush

2. If not, would you, and if so would you do it again? Heck yea!

3. Were you nervous? It was really funny actually. We kinda just stood there all silent and crap and we suddenly hugged each other really tight x3

4. Was the person everything you expected them to be? Were they cooler or were you let down? Her voice was a bit different that I expected, but overall, she's much cooler >w<

5. How did you come accross each other? Gaia

6. How far did you/they have to travel? Florida to North Carolina

7. Did you and up hanging out more/dating/etc or is it planned for the future? It is planned >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:22 am
I`ve never met anyone from online in RL.

Unless you count my husband, but we met the first time at a camp, band camp as a matter of fact, then kept in touch through e-mail. :/

Hildr

Clever Goat

XAmberrXO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:09 am
I always get too nervous to go meet them
I watched dateline xp  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:13 am
I have met someone through the internet.

He went to my school, and we talked for a few days before we decided to meet up and hang out.

We wasted so much time together for about two months. And then I found out he had a girlfriend.

We stopped talking after that.

Xyloid

Aquarian Mage

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:37 am
...I guess.

3. Were you nervous?
...a little.

...they were... awesome.

...forum.

...con-goers.

...no.

There are always pieces that will be missing and this "survey" was missing... o_o;;.
Sounds like the meet-ups are for sex or something. X:  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces