Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
What is with people? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:43 pm
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

So, I was just talking to an ex of mine today, talking about how our lives are going, etc etc. So, when we dated he was a bit of a jerk. Not so much to me and when he was I was a b***h right back because I don't take crap from people. We dated less than 4 months and I knew it wasn't going to be forever but it was fine while it lasted. Whatever. Anyways, apparently since then (we broke up in late May) he's gotten more shallow, more cocky, and more of an a** to everyone yet now he's this big Alpha Male figure with his friends. He is pretty much the ring leader. He decides who hangs out with them, what they do, etc. Now, seriously. I dated him, I had fun but him being a jerk got tiring fast and obviously I found him attractive but he's no god.

What is it though? Why do so many people, especially girls like that kind of guy? I guess I could say the same about bitchy women as well, it is a two-way street after all.

I look back on the guys I've dated, or might as well have:
1. Total nerd, was thought to be funny and charismatic at the time. A lot of my female friends agreed at the time but now we're ALL like "ew wtf.." aha but that's another story for another time. Anyways, he was occasionally a jerk but it was all stupid long term relationship type fighting that pretty much always happens.
2. This one was the most enjoyable while it lasted. He went out of his way to see me (lived 40 mins away and always drove here even just to see me for a little while til money got REAL tight), was there for me when my mom moved to the states. He was sometimes a jerk but it was all because he has this thing where he gets very jealous and.. that's really the only reason. Not really acceptable but at least a reason.
3. Total nerd, one of the nicest people I know. Just ended cause there was no spark so I broke up with him.
4. Funny but sort of a jerk.. not always to me but in general toward people.. shallow but it worked in my favour.. not something that was acceptable and it did disgust me. I was glad when we ended it, I didn't see the long-term in him and he was afraid to commit.

So, I really don't think I go for the jerks as far as he's taking it now, like he hangs out with the girls, they call him and want to do things and he doesn't answer them. He tells them he never wants to speak to them again and they laugh at it and try harder. It's kinda sad th power trip he's got going.

I want to hear your opinions, like actually thought out. Why do people like jerks so much? Don't just answer with a "cause they're hot" or "it's funny." Why do more people ignore the nice guys/girls?

...I laughed myself to sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:59 pm
This looks more of a discussion thread to me..

And to me, I really don't know why girls do that.

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

Droflecopter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:32 pm
Hmm, most of the nice people I know aren't what you would call "popular" so they get unnoticed anyway. A lot of people would also rather date a popular person just because they're popular, but not because of their personality. Atleast, thats how it works around my life.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:32 pm
bump... sweatdrop

Quote:

Please refrain from spamming. (Bumping)
Re-read the rules, thanks. -Bells

Zarxie

Blessed Giver

Hanshou Kumori

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:44 pm
i don't know if this is true but i wacthed this one show that said girls only date jerks bacause they think they can change them O.o  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:50 pm
you know what i hate? people that hack other people's accounts. stealing their gold that they worked hard for and their expensive items they worked even harder for.
it happened to my friend. i dont understand....  

brokentorn

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:56 pm
they ignore the nice ones because thats just it their nice. No one ever really goes for the nice ones. everyone wants a bf/gf they can show off until they mature and grow up. even then they are kinda like "your nice and all but, Your a friend" type of things. Usually it dosent hit home until its kind of late.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:57 pm

Move this to discussion if you want, or just get rid of it since hardly anyone has anything relevant to say.

And for the record, the "popularity" scene thing, I don't like but at least makes more sense in high school.. but this kid has been done high school for a year and a half now.

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

Chiropteran_Alex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:05 pm
people usually focus on the outside. it's kind of like first impression, people notice the outside 1st.
but to know if the guy is a jerk or not, takes much longer.
so i guess that's why.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:10 pm
tl;dr

Xyloid

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:24 pm
.ICExPENGUIN.
people usually focus on the outside. it's kind of like first impression, people notice the outside 1st.
but to know if the guy is a jerk or not, takes much longer.
so i guess that's why.

Ha, usually but this one is pretty straight forward with it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:34 pm
i think its because they think they can change dem, or they dont know, like some jerks always pretends to be all nice to girls or something like when they see a nice/ hot girl they think they should pretend to be a good person and hide the fact they are a jerk.  

smely cheese

ohneyroi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:23 am
...it's a question of simple biology....
even thought we're miles apart from the primordial ape, we still have the same guidelines relative to the kind of sexual partner we're after... a guy with high level of disattachement with emotions and with alfa male type of personality is still what women are after... kinda like with other animals choosing the partner with the most potential to survive and with the better genes...
or you can think that, after all that is the type of male stereotype that society is bombing you're head since childhood... think of all the stories of heroes and fantasy or the superheroes in comics. all those characters are in a way total jerks, and still we look at them as if for a reference... in a way that's it, a question of biology and the culture of the human society...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:21 am
ninja save your goodbyes...

ninja

the nice people are always ignored because most of the time they know whats right...they dont call your attention just because they want you to....but for me..being too nice is kind of annoying...

its not the end of the world... ninja

J h a y b z_0 2

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas