Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Pokemon Contest -- Art Contest! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pailzor
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:40 am
Winners post is up. Feel free to discuss this contest in any of the contest entry threads the winners post links to, or in the guild's chat thread. 3nodding

Okay.. Before all other details:
Do NOT post your artwork in this thread! This thread is only for questions about the contest.

There are four categories of drawings you may do, with five Pokemon assigned to each.
What you are to do is pick a Pokemon from those listed below, and convey the feeling stated in its category as best you can through your drawing.

Example (not an actual Pokemon ninja ) -- This can probably be considered to be in the Cool or Tough categories... Your drawings will be rated only on the category they are listed under.

Before you pick a Pokemon to draw, here are the rules:

1. All drawings must be either colored and/or shaded. Which of these options you pick will enormously affect the feeling you're trying to convey.
    Any drawings not shaded or colored will not be considered for winning.
  2. Only one Pokemon may appear in a single drawing. This means only one Pokemon, not only one type of Pokemon. For example, it can't be a group of Pikachus, only a single Pikachu. (Pikachu isn't a choice, just an example)
    Any drawings with multiple Pokemon in it will not be considered.
  3. You may draw as many objects as you like. Your Pokemon can wear clothes or hold items if you wish. Your backgrounds may be more than just color or shading. You may draw random floaty stuff, such as stars, bubbles and the like. There is no limit to the objects that may be used.
  4. Also, your Pokemon can be doing anything. It can be eating, sleeping, using some kind of move, be in a random attacking or defensive pose... Whatever you'd like, as long as it's not inapproprate.
    Edit: It is not recommended to draw your Pokemon in the exact same pose as the images I've linked them to. I'd like to see some creativity.
  5. You may submit up to four entries -- one for each category below. Should you have multiple entries for one category, you will be disqualified from the contest entirely.
  6. Read the bottom of the post on how to enter. This is very important. --Just making a note on this above the Pokemon list so people don't miss it. mrgreen

Cool
Golduck
Scizor
Absol
Luxray
Deoxys (any one form)

Beauty
Ninetales
Espeon
Gardevoir
Lopunny
Suicune

Tough
Graveler
Houndoom
Glalie
Gliscor
Darkrai

Cute
Dratini
Cleffa
Azurill
Riolu
Mew

How to Enter:
Send a PM to me, and in the post, tell me what Pokemon you've drawn, and the category that Pokemon is under. I'll reply with a link to where you can post your entries. Read the first post completely when you get there to find out what to do.
Please don't post your drawing in the PM to me. It won't affect your ability to win at all, but it's unneccessary to do so.

Deadline
All entrants must PM the information stated in "How to Enter" by midnight Pacific Standard Time, at the end of Thursday. You have two days to draw, so there should be no problems with this.
Edit: I'll judge the entries after I see that all contestants have read my replies telling them where to post their entries. (Once those messages aren't in my outbox anymore)

Winners:
There will be one winner for each category. Each will get 250,000 gold.
Though you may submit an entry for more than one category, you can only win in one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:11 am
1 st post heart  

Mr-D3MoNiC AnG3L

MaTTy_CooL v2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:14 am
hmm i'm in 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:49 am
I hate drawing contests sad ... I don't got no scanner. crying  

donutguy

MonJ Redux

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:18 am
donutguy
I hate drawing contests sad ... I don't got no scanner. crying

You have a cell phone? If it has one, take the photo chip out and put it in your computer. xp I think this only works for labtops, though...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:32 am
hm....

I have no scanner, no phone, I can't draw, I grew out of Pokemon about 5 years ago and my computer hasn't got enough space for more pictures.

Apart from that I can't complain stare

Extremist-Saint-Joey

inurox22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:56 am
hmm i like to draw this might be fun let's see.... gah ok i'm doing two ^_^ hope no one has the same ideas i do xP lolz  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:57 am
so this is modled like a pokemon CONTEST, i get it  

Brok-n-Cookie

6,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Junior 100

general glamour

Gracious Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:10 am
well, I'll try my hardest...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:22 am
are we able to use poses from the game?  

Brok-n-Cookie

6,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Junior 100

Camburglar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:07 am

I hope mine is good enough... sweatdrop
Thank god I've got a scanner...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:08 am
Do we have to draw the pokemon animal-like, or can we put a twist on it and draw it anthro-like?

Devious_Dana

Muted_Nightingale

8,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:10 am
Alright,no cell phone,scanner can't upload picture on cumputer(lap top),only option,use sister's camera!If I finish the pic in time...  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff