Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
God's Warriors Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arios V

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:56 pm
Don't know if anyone else here knows about this, but today, tomorrow and Thursday CNN will be airing three 2-hour specials entitled "God's Warriors" about fanatics and fundamentalists from the world's 3 major religions: Judaism, Islam and Christianity. Just thought I'd bring it up.

The schedule is:

Judaism: Tonight at 9 p.m. (Y'all probably missed it, but I'm sure they'll be re-runs, if not, I'm sure you can find it somewhere)

Islam: August 22 at 9 p.m.

Christianity: August 23 at 9 p.m.

A little preview:

Cuture War (Christianity)

Holy Killing (Islam)

Murder In Hebron (Judaism)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:59 pm
BEHOLD.

I hath beat you to it by several days. pirate

Anyhow, I caught most of the Jewish one at work tonight. It was pretty good, if not a little disturbing.  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:32 pm
Meirelle
BEHOLD.

Anyhow, I caught most of the Jewish one at work tonight. It was pretty good, if not a little disturbing.

Same here. I was kind of hoping they would get into why these religion are breeding fanatics, rather than why the fanatics are killing each other. I already know that. Silly theists. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:01 pm
Meirelle
BEHOLD.

I wasn't here all last week, I didn't see that post. Then again, I should have realized that someone had probably already posted about it.  

Arios V

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:53 pm
Arios V
Meirelle
BEHOLD.

I wasn't here all last week, I didn't see that post. Then again, I should have realized that someone had probably already posted about it.

The company I work for does the closed captioning for CNN and CNN Headline news, so if anything remotely interesting comes up there, I usually end up posting about it.

But most of the time, unfortunately, it has to do with something stupid Glenn Beck said. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:40 pm
s**t, I just watched that video.

Red flags, bright lights, an isolated speaker on an island above the crowd, deafening soundsystems. It's like a cross between a rally under the Khmer Rouge and a Guns and Roses concert.

Anyone who does not believe that the link between religion and politics is obvious must simply have no eyes.  

Theophrastus

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:02 am
Theophrastus

Red flags, bright lights, an isolated speaker on an island above the crowd, deafening soundsystems. It's like a cross between a rally under the Khmer Rouge and a Guns and Roses concert.

Anyone who does not believe that the link between religion and politics is obvious must simply have no eyes.

I know. Even my Mum acknowledges it. And she's one of those liberal Catholics who think the crazy Evangelicals are just a harmless group of intolerant bastards who are a very tiny minority and will go out of power after George Bush leaves the White House.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:43 pm
Theophrastus

When I first watched that video, the very first thing I thought was that this looks a bit like when any military dictator whips his followers into a frenzy just before going to war.  

Arios V

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:17 pm
It's good to know where the Christian right gets their inspiration.
stressed  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:31 pm
Theophrastus
It's good to know where the Christian right gets their inspiration.
stressed

Yep.  

Arios V

Death God Hitsugaya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:02 pm
Damn, I want to see that... maybe they'll have it on sometime in the future...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:34 pm
I missed Thursday's episode, which is the one I really wanted to see. I think it'll eventually be on youtube, because I noticed that the other two are on there already.

I guess I'll just have to sit tight then. confused  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Arios V

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:38 pm
Meirelle
I missed Thursday's episode, which is the one I really wanted to see. I think it'll eventually be on youtube, because I noticed that the other two are on there already.

I guess I'll just have to sit tight then. confused

You didn't miss a whole lot. The only thing that really got me was the Battlecry thing. I swear this Ron Luce guy looks like he is planning on taking over the country.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:22 am
Encores tonight and tomorrow at 9. I'm stoked.  

PrezarioKaiser

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:27 am
Or YouTube as I'm doing right now. biggrin  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items