Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
So I just got in an accident... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iCrayon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:33 pm
So, today was my first day of school, so my brother let me drive his car just this once. Bad idea. Me and a friend went to lunch (it was a half day), and then we were going to go to my house to watch a movie. But since neither of us have any sense of direction, we got lost. So I was busy trying to figure out where we were, when all of a sudden I just blacked out. When I woke up, the airbag was just starting to deflate, and the car was filled with smoke and stuff. My friend said something, and when I looked over, his face was covered in blood. I flipped out, and had to get out of the car because I couldn't breathe.

It turns out, I apparently ran a red light and t-boned a girl crossing the intersection. In my defense, I think the light had just turned because there was no other cross traffic. But anyway, she wasn't hurt, and her car was in okay shape. I was okay, except my arm was burnt from the heat of the airbag deploying. My friend though, was bleeding because of the chemicals from the airbag, and his face is going to be swollen for a few days. I totaled my brother's car, and to top it all off, I have to take one of those 8-hour defensive driving courses.

I feel so. damn. terrible.

Everyone was sweet, even the cop, and it could have been a lot worse. Thank god no one was seriously hurt. But I basically feel like crap. I'm always the careful driver, and I go a couple months, space off, and almost kill someone, while there are people that are so reckless and get away scotch-free.

So anyway, let's hear your driving/accident stories, in hopes that they'll make me feel a little less sucky.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:42 pm
That's terrible. :[ I'm sorry. I don't drive yet but I have a story...

I was driving home with my friends from a play. One of my friends mom picked us all up.. His mom just so happened to be the kind of mom who gives her 17-year-old son a beer as a present. o__o; I thought it was odd. Anyway...
She was too busy talking (she talked a LOT) and laughing to realize there was a van in front of her that was stopping at a stop sign. Of course, she hits the back of the van and freaks out. So she pulls over and the driver of the van comes out and to her window. She explains that there are handicapped people in the van and now they're terrified. :[ We all felt so bad. And I was so scared... No one was hurt and my friend's mom didn't get in any trouble. But that's the only car accident related incident that I've been in. And hopefully the last.

Evil Radish

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:43 pm

My gosh, that is one..crazy ride.

I haven't hit the road by myself yet. Do be careful next time! D':

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:45 pm
Moonlight_Bella

My gosh, that is one..crazy ride.

I haven't hit the road by myself yet. Do be careful next time! D':

Oh, trust me, I will. I'm always a careful driver, but I have such a terrible sense of direction and I have a bad habit of spacing off and doing stupid stuff. In this case, almost killing someone sweatdrop

iCrayon

Baka Choy

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:03 pm
wow eek your just so lucky to have survived that crash. airbags chemicals? burnt from the air bag confused  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:36 pm
Ay, mine isn't anything so bad, but it's the one and only accident I've been in so far.

It was my first week of college, and I didn't want to pay the parking fee, so I parked down the street. I was safe down there, but I thought I might've received a parking fine so I rushed on down to my car. I decided to move quickly in case someone saw me or something. Plus there's the fact that I like to go fast, my friends can attest to this.
Anyway… I was going straight up to the street I needed to, but I came to a red light at this one intersection. As soon as the light turned green, the oncoming traffic turning left didn't want to wait for me, and just kept coming one after another (I'm sure those of you who go to college know how crowded it gets, especially in the first week, and how crazy the drivers get). Anyway, I saw a break in their line, so I decided to move, and I probably didn't even get past and eight of the intersection that I noticed this one driver speeding up to make the turn.
I thought no doubt this guy's going to stop and let me pass, so I kept moving forward. The closer I get to the center of the intersection, the faster this driver's coming at me, and at that point I knew this joker was going to hit me. So I turned my car a bit to the right to try and lessen the impact. The person finally noticed me after being 2 feet away from my car, screaming, "OH MY GOD!"
She plowed right into me… need I mention that she's asian. Nothing against you guys though. I've got some good asian buddies.
Anyway, we got out, and my tank on wheels '88 benz was alright except for the part of my bumper that was bent, and my cracked turn signal. Her car though… oh boy, did my car do some serious damage. She didn't even have a front portion. Her car was stuck in the middle of the road.

Long rant short. I had sushi that night.  

Norayr
Crew

Cantequn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:40 pm
i had my first accident last week. it sucks sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:43 pm

@ Nor: Teddy teh sushi was yummieh! <333

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

Norayr
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:51 pm
Moonlight_Bella

@ Nor: Teddy teh sushi was yummieh! <333

I think I went into the sushi bar, but actually ended up ordering grilled teriyaki salmon instead. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:10 pm
*^*User Image*^*
It's good no one got seriously hurt.
Better the car be totaled than a person.

I almost caused a head on collision because of my not-so-smart decision making.

It was night time and I was practicing my driving with my dad.
I saw something small and white [like a rabbit] run into the road, so I instinctively swerved the truck.
Into the lane with oncoming traffic.

For the record, the small and white bunny was actually a paper cup.
*^*

Danierre

zomgwhee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:11 pm
Not old enough to drive ive been in a few not-so-major accedents though. This one time my mom was driving down this really bad highway on an edge of a hill (not cliff). Anyways theres lines on the road because its newly paved. so she goes into the middle lane. nothing bad. Then out of no where this huge chevy truck comes in front of us speeding in the middle lane. So my mom jerks back to her original lane so fast that half the car is in the air and we almost go off the side the highway up-side-down....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:18 pm
I was in a car accident last year.My dad was driving me to school and since he couldn't see what was happen when he drove up hill he could see the other cars.So we're driving downhill and two cars in front of us stop.The one in the very front turned to the left very quickly.My dad tried to stop but the car slid and hit the other car in the back.Luckily no one was hurt but our truck got damaged in the front and the other car was damaged in the back.I was luckily enough to get a ride to school from my friend who happened to see me in the road.lol It wasn't my dad's fault we were still new to the area since my school is far from where I live...  

staranime

Greedy Genius

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:36 pm
that reminds me of when I got in a wreck going to work.

I was going down a road in ******** nowhere, but has neighborhoods comming out of it. I have the rightaway with the crosstreets because none of them give me a stopsign. so I was driving being myself, jamming out to deicide on the radio, and some guy pulls out and I t-bone him. he tries pinning the accident on me, but in court like 4 people who saw it (total strangers, btw) all agreed with me and that it was is fault for pulling out in front of me.

btw, as soon as we pulled over (damage wasn't so bad we couldn't move the cars) he said to me "you didn't see turning out, did you?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:00 am
i've been in a couple accidents. the most serious one was my grandparents had picked me up for a week with them, my grandfather fell asleep at the wheel, we rolled over into a bank and flipped 8 or 9 times. no one died but my grandpa was in the hospital for a week with broken ribs. later in life i t boned my sex ed teacher. biggrin  

zzaros104

iCrayon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:12 pm
- The Silent Hostile -
wow eek your just so lucky to have survived that crash. airbags chemicals? burnt from the air bag confused

Yeah, airbags inflate so quickly because there's a sudden chemical reaction. One side effect is heat, so since my hand was so close, being on the steering wheel, that my arm got burnt. My friend got burnt too, but the face is more sensitive so he was bleeding. I don't know why it didn't happen to me...

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff