Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Are there any Republicans here? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:01 pm
Seriously. I'm curious. I know it's a given that, like, 99.999% of atheists are liberal Democrats. But there has to be SOMEONE out there who's a Republican. Anyone? No one? No socially liberal Republican out there in the atheist world?

Boo. crying

Just wondering.

I mean, I never hear about what the Republican party is about except for "moral" this and "family values" that. I figure, there HAS to be something of real substance that the GOP stands for.

But I never hear about it. I just hear about all the religious crap. So I'm really curious to hear from a Republican atheist.

For real. There has to be AT LEAST one out there. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:20 pm
I'm independent. Everything about politics seems under-handed, I don't think there is a "correct" party to choose. Regarding presidential campaigns, I'll vote for the best of the candidates. Unless the choices SUCK, then I won't bother.

On your search for a Republican atheist though, my friend is one. It's mostly because he's a huge supporter for big business, and laws involving taxation and such.  

justamunkey

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:43 pm
justamunkey
I'm independent. Everything about politics seems under-handed, I don't think there is a "correct" party to choose. Regarding presidential campaigns, I'll vote for the best of the candidates. Unless the choices SUCK, then I won't bother.

Please, please vote, even if it's a hard choice - pick the lesser evil.

Democracy becomes tyranny when the populace refuses to levy their power.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:01 am
Theophrastus
justamunkey

Please, please vote, even if it's a hard choice - pick the lesser evil.

Democracy becomes tyranny when the populace refuses to levy their power.

Lesser evil... there's a way to put it. Cuz being super evil is bad, but if you're just plain evil, mmm, ok xp
I suppose I will exercise my right as an American citizen. If-- sorry--- when I vote in the upcoming elections, I apologize now if the candidate I choose to support does something unforgivable.  

justamunkey

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:10 am
Well, here's how I see it - if you vote, at least you have the right to complain. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:37 am
i will never understand ppl saying they will not vote since they cant change a thing....  

Noying

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:55 am
Theophrastus
Well, here's how I see it - if you vote, at least you have the right to complain. XD

See? Exactly. I hate when people b***h about politics when they didn't vote. You have no right to complain if you didn't vote.

Which is why I ALWAYS vote 4laugh Because I b***h ALL THE TIME.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:29 pm
I have no straight political affiliation. I will vote for whoever is the best, not for whoever is a republican or democrat. This country works the best when you have both parties working together.  

[Hollow Point]

Orson Welles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:16 pm
I don't really know if I can call myself a Democrat or a Republican. Though, I have taken the Republicans' side on quite a few issues, I'm mostly liberal.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:49 pm
Like Penn Jillette I am a Libertarian. I'm kinda like a cross between a Democrat (Lots of Personal Freedoms) and a Republican (Strong Economy).

Also, if you don't vote, you don't get to complain.  

Arios V

SkeletonPhoenix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:44 pm
What if you can't vote can you still complain?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:51 pm
SkeletonPhoenix
What if you can't vote can you still complain?

I guess you could. I mean that's a little different, you don't have the ability to vote.  

Arios V

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:11 pm
I'm a liberal, and I vote democrat, so I guess that makes me a secular tree-hugging heathen. The thing is, I have a very cynical view of the electoral college system, and loathe politics in general. It's basically a contest to see who's the better liar.

But, I do think democrats in today's age are more trustworthy than republicans. Of course, there's the fine dividing line between liberal and conservative that transcends party, so I guess I pick people based on those values. It's just that most liberals tend to be on a democratic platform.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:36 pm
I'm also libertarian, but I like the Governator's style of politics. Being republican with left leanings. It's pretty cool to see a politician break the red vs blue stereotypes and do what's best for everyone.

Ron Paul for '08  

Matataur

Death God Hitsugaya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:48 pm
Well, at the ripe old age of 16, I'm politically apathetic. Canada can go screw up the economy and obey the US as much as it wants... I don't want to be here forever anyways.

But there is only two candidates I support. Colbert and The Juggernaut (sp?)  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff