Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
The new market place... why 2% listing fee? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resting Bitchface

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:28 am
Hmmm... if you've read the most recent announcment, you'll see that Gaia is launching a new version of the market place.

Perhaps it's a good thing... updated, modern and faster.

But, what I really don't get, is why they're going to take 2% of the gold you get from every sale? They say it's to combat inflation, but won't this increase inflation?

I mean, people will increase their prices so that they will make the same amount of gold as before the 2% commission?

On the plus side, people get their 1000 gold vending license fee back.

Do you think the listing fee is unfair?

heart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:31 am
You raise a good point. However, I think they might choose to distribute the gold back through the Daily Chance. I dunno.

The mods gotta do what the mods gotta do.

toomanypikachu

Siilentx

Agile Star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:33 am
lol..wel..I think it's a good..at 50/50 thing....
getting refunds are great....

I'm still wondering about the 2% thing too though...lol sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:17 am
A L0cke fan~

exactly what I was thinking. 3nodding

~@w@

ZellyBnnuy

Timid Bunny

blnde_bear_19

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:18 am
does anyone know what the new marketplace looks like?
i wanted to know and if u have a screenshot can u post it?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:22 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In these dark days we must have hope

Just so you all know there is a thread already about the new MP Hereand it's got screenshots.
But where do we find it when
there is no light to show us the way...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hottiebrat

Bat Goddess

7,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:43 am
I personally dislike the idea of the 2% being taken off quite a bit...I was also thinking the exact same thing, wouldnt it increase inflation? Oh well I guess I just wont be selling in the marketplace as much...I know whats going to happen though, since you get less from the items you sell with the new marketplace, once it is the default marketplace there will probably be no common items anymore; it wouldnt be worth it to put up an item for sale at say..100g and make even less than that off it, there will probably only be rare and expensive items being put on sale for a profit. I dunno, I like the idea of getting our gold back for the licenses we bought but this whole 2% thing doesn't look good to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:44 am
@ lady
because they be wanting your gold!
ololol

&& it probably won't change a thing
2% isn't anything to worry about

Evirance

Shrii

Tipsy Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:51 am
★ ★ Arrrgh. Personally – I feel they made an extremely stupid move. By adding that 2% all they are going to do is cause users to further inflate their items to make up the difference. Sellers will simply add 2% onto their old prices and sell (2% they wouldn’t have seen in the first place), to earn what they use to.

People keep complaining that 2% isn’t much, but by god IT FRICKING ADDS UP – especially if you try to sell older items. Example: Say I wanted to sell a Devil tail on the vend for 10,500,000g, with the 2% in effect I would only make: 10,290,000g. That’s 210k taken! Sure you can go to the exchange and sell there, but people LIKE the market place since it’s convenient, easy and speedy. The exchange can crawl at a snail’s pace especially in GMT timezones.

In a nutshell it will also affect Poorer Gaians dramatically. People WILL higher prices there is no doubting that, and the gaians who aren’t rich will have to find ways to cough up even more gold to get items such as MC’s. I personally feel bad for them. MC’s are expensive as they are now =/. It’s going to make the Rich richer, and the Poor far more poor.

I don’t think they thought this through fully. They want a gold sink and have had numerous opportunities recently to insert them. A very good example is the tattoo parlor. They COULD have treated it like hair where the tattoo is removed after you delete your avatar. Frankly I believe that would have worked really, really, well.

Adsjfhsdkdsf K, I can rant about this for 234873294823 hours, but I won’t because I want my coffee and I’m sleepy. Hope this made sense; I can’t form thoughts right now. Too irritated ;_;.

*Starts whacking Gaia with the triple H mallet.*

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are
fortunate that your condition is not permanent. And you're
lucky too: Red eyes suit so few." -- Cheshire [AM Alice]

-----------------------------------------------------------------  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:54 am
Gaia really doesn't need the 2% but I see how it will, hopfully, drop prices a bit and keep people from selling trash and junk like that.

@ Evirance: Think about it this way. I you went to a store and they took 20 cents on the dollar wouldn't you be mad? Let's see, in terms of Gaia gold; say your selling a 30K item and they take out 2G for every 100G, if my calculations are right that's 600G your losing and it only adds up.

Edit: Lemme re-calculate that: No, I am right. 30K - 2% = 600  

SarahT3hPixie

Rathmanian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:57 am
I already made a marketplace topic....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:06 am
NekoGod

Apparently people are unable to scan the forum a few topics below to realize this.  

Noxness

1,400 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

SarahT3hPixie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:22 am
NekoGod

I really wasn't looking to post on this topic but this was the first one I saw....don't condem me for that.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:30 am
NeonLadyMarmalade
Hmmm... if you've read the most recent announcment, you'll see that Gaia is launching a new version of the market place.

Perhaps it's a good thing... updated, modern and faster.

But, what I really don't get, is why they're going to take 2% of the gold you get from every sale? They say it's to combat inflation, but won't this increase inflation?

I mean, people will increase their prices so that they will make the same amount of gold as before the 2% commission?

On the plus side, people get their 1000 gold vending license fee back.

Do you think the listing fee is unfair?

heart

It's not that it's unfair, it's kind of strange that Gaia would do this. The listing fee would in crease inflation because when you take 2% away from something and if the price is lower, the person will not have as much taken away from him, but the profit would be much lower.

Example:

Let's take an Angelic Microphone.

If it stays at its current low: 12,700 and we take 2% away from it, the profit you would make would only be 10160 gold.

But if it were lower, say, 10000 gold, Only 2000 gold would be taken away resulting in your making an 800 profit.

So it is very counter-productive. Stupid and weird.
confused  

KRATOSBIZNATCH

XAmberrXO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:31 am
I don't think they gave me my 1k back
But i think itis kind of dumb because eventually you will loose more than 1k with the 2%  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff