Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Condoms, pills, patches, oh my! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Chu Monster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:40 pm
xD Couldn't think of a better title.

On Thursday I'm going to be going to the Children's Hospital in seattle for my check-up on my joint medications [I have Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis] and they'll be doing blood tests yada yada all that jazz. Anyways, I'm getting some birth control and we're going to be asking them you know, if I'll be able to take it while I'm taking the medication for my joints. The excuse for my mom is that I'm always pissed off before my periods and the cramps are extremely painful, but really it's because me and my boyfriend of over a year just started having sex last Monday [most of you know me from my 'I just lost my virginity' thread xD] and we're trying to be as careful as we can, and condoms just aren't keeping us from worrying about me getting pregnant.

So I wanted to ask my fellow MADG'ers if any of you are on birth control, which method you use, and what side affects they have on you. And another thing to consider is if you were to get pregnant due to the little 2% chance there is from failed birth control, would you get an abortion?

-Rechu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:46 pm
I never used birth control just because of the fact that I`ve heard all sorts of "it can make it hard for you to have children later in life" and such.

Before Alan and I got married, we used condoms religiously except that one time we slipped. Then we`d forget more and more often. We stopped using them all together about a week before we got married because we both thought I`d never get pregnant.

I`m terribly sorry about the Arthritis bit though. I know a girl who has it, and she`s in a lot of pain quite often. Hope you aren`t affected the same way.

Good luck with your medications though.

Hildr

Clever Goat

Lady Chu Monster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:50 pm
Thanks =)

I actually don't feel any pain at all, and if I ever do have joint pain it's extremely small. The medication I'm on is a little cup of syrup every morning, a once-a-day pain pill, and three shots every Monday. I get to stop taking them in a year.

When you say it complicated having children, do you mean it just makes it harder to get pregnant or it can affect the baby?

I'm only 15 right now, so kids aren't really something I want xP But I'm planning on at least one later.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:54 pm
I'll pass on birth control. Messing with my hormones is a bad idea. talk2hand

Condoms are my best friend. <3  

Sugrie

Eloquent Lunatic

Hildr

Clever Goat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:56 pm
I don`t know if it`s actually true or not, but I`ve known women who were on the pill, then had problems getting pregnant when they stopped taking it.

I don`t know if it was just them, or if it was the birth control. Or maybe they`ve worked the kinks out of it. Most of the people I`ve talked to were talking it back in the 90s then stopped to have kids and couldn`t for another 5 years or so.

I don`t imagine it could affect the baby, unless you take it while pregnant. Then I`m sure something would happen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:14 pm
According to the birth control pamphlet I got from Planned Parenthood you can try to get pregnant right after you stop taking the pill, it doesn't say anything about it complicating pregnancies. But I can imagine it might have some affect on your fertility levels for some time afterwards, either that or those people were with someone who didn't have very fertile sperm. =/ you never know.

I wonder what would happen to a baby if you took birth control when it was like.. at least four months old inside of you o.o

GOOGLE!

Lady Chu Monster

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:40 pm
I'm not on it yet, but I'm actually getting an appointment to get the patch. My mom and I discussed it, and she said she was on the pill before and it ******** up her skin and hormone balance, and our systems are pretty similar...

My boyfriend is kinda hesitant about it, since he doesn't like anything that changes a person internally.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:42 pm
dam that says something about the world today
alot of places say some thing about sex or mastebation
no offence or anything but a your 15 only 15 and already
you may think your old but your young  

xXPrinceCharlieXx

Lady Chu Monster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:20 pm
firedemondevil

I don't think I'm old, but I do think that I'm mature enough to be making this choice at this point in my life. I've learned from bad relationships who to trust and when to tell if you're with a bad guy, and I'm not. I may not be ready for a baby, being why I'm getting birth control, but I do know I can physically and emotionally handle sex, seeing as I've done it once before and I'm perfectly fine now xP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:21 pm
Spectral in heaven as climbs the frail veiled moon,
I have tried all varities of birth control aside from the pill. Heh.. The shot: aka Depo Provera.. was a horrible idea. Basically you take the shot once every three months, and it stops your period entirely. Its a fool proof way to avoid using condoms should you wish do.. but it ******** with my body. It depends on the person though, hormones are different in everyone, so drugs effect them differently.
The patch was actually okay.. but I hate hate HATED the marks it left on my body. Ie.. the band-aid effect: the little fluffies from your clothing get on the sticky parts and you have a fluffy square where the patch used to be.

I have heard good and bad things about the pill.. but after my horrible experiences with Depo I was just turned off of birth control altogether.
Like I said though.. your body will react to things differently.. so I suggest trying a few before settling on one.

smile
So climbs my dream.
-William Rose Benet

Noxness

1,400 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Noxness

1,400 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:25 pm
Rechu
firedemondevil

I don't think I'm old, but I do think that I'm mature enough to be making this choice at this point in my life. I've learned from bad relationships who to trust and when to tell if you're with a bad guy, and I'm not. I may not be ready for a baby, being why I'm getting birth control, but I do know I can physically and emotionally handle sex, seeing as I've done it once before and I'm perfectly fine now xP

I think the biggest thing about young adults having sex is they can't deal with the "love em and leave em" BS that happens sometimes. Not that mature adults can either, but it is believed to be harder to deal with when you are so much more emotionally involved in the act of sex.. dunno. could be talking out my arse. I look back at the things that totally used to make me go beside myself in tears and now I look back and laugh.. get what I am trying to say?
So climbs my dream.
-William Rose Benet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:29 pm
Noxness
Rechu
firedemondevil

I think the biggest thing about young adults having sex is they can't deal with the "love em and leave em" BS that happens sometimes. Not that mature adults can either, but it is believed to be harder to deal with when you are so much more emotionally involved in the act of sex.. dunno. could be talking out my arse. I look back at the things that totally used to make me go beside myself in tears and now I look back and laugh.. get what I am trying to say?
So climbs my dream.
-William Rose Benet

I know what you're saying =)

The thing is though, my boyfriend isn't the kind of guy who would just break up with me and that would be the end of us, we would still be friends afterwards. He's a perfect gentleman, and I was the one who asked him if we could have sex so he didn't force me to do anything.

I trust him a lot, and I trust that if we do break up he'll be there to help me through the tears. =)

Lady Chu Monster

Noxness

1,400 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:38 pm
Rechu
Noxness
Rechu
firedemondevil

So climbs my dream.
-William Rose Benet

The thing is though, my boyfriend isn't the kind of guy who would just break up with me and that would be the end of us, we would still be friends afterwards. He's a perfect gentleman, and I was the one who asked him if we could have sex so he didn't force me to do anything.
I trust him a lot, and I trust that if we do break up he'll be there to help me through the tears. =)

I wasn't trying to imply that he would, and if that came across I am sorry. I was trying to be general. It is good that you two trust each other and have actually talked about having sex instead of just jumping into it smile Now I sound like a mom >.>
So climbs my dream.
-William Rose Benet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:56 pm
Noxness
Rechu
Noxness
Rechu
firedemondevil

So climbs my dream.
-William Rose Benet

I wasn't trying to imply that he would, and if that came across I am sorry. I was trying to be general. It is good that you two trust each other and have actually talked about having sex instead of just jumping into it smile Now I sound like a mom >.>
So climbs my dream.
-William Rose Benet

xD it's alright, I wasn't jumping at you saying you weren't being helpful. I'm prepared for if anything happens between us for the worse, but I guess nobody can actually prepare for a break-up when they love the person ;-;

Whatever happens, happens. And s**t does happen, we just gotta accept that. 3nodding

Lady Chu Monster

Hottiebrat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:06 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In these dark days we must have hope

The only birth control I've used is the patch, I had no problems with it. Though I've heard that is can cause blood clots. I did have small side effects when I first started on it. Nothing major though I just got a little dizzy. I will never do the shot since it ******** with your body and makes is extremely hard to have kids afterwards.
But where do we find it when
there is no light to show us the way...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out