Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Mental/Disabled Children. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mental children
  Haha! I laugh at them!
  I treat them a bit more nicer.
  I treat them just as I treat everyone else.
View Results

Lady Pelvic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:54 pm
User ImagePelvic thrust me [harder] moan. . . for meComment me

Anywho, I always wondered, for the kids who can't really talk, or communicate well, if they can understand us. Like, if I said to a disabled kid, " Would you like some cake? " I wonder if they (in there head) say " Yes, I would. " But just don't know how to acutally say it. If you've ever read ' My left foot' ( I think it's called then you should understand what I'm talking about.) I just wondered what it would be like to acutally have a disabled sister/brother or any family member. How it would change life drasticly. . . and whatnot. You want know something that pisses me off, when kids who aren't disable and are good looking(Those kids who think there better then everyone else) make fun of the disabled. And laugh at them. I honestly wish that when those good looking boys/girls fall and hit there head so hard that they lose braincells and are just . . . as. . um. . not very bright just as the challenged kids are. [I know that sounded mean! But I didn't mean it like that! I didn't know how to put it. ><; ]

Okay, so in middle school I ONCE laughed at this one mental chick because when she walked, she like . . like was duck or somthing. She would bend over randomly, then continue walking, like UGH, I dunno how to explain it. But me and my friends would watch her and laugh. But I feel like a dipshit for doing that. >>;

So now, in my drama class, we have one disabled chick. Her name is Lindsey. She is VERY sweet. She is in a whell chair, and she looks like an elementary schooler, her legs are really small and such. She talks like. . it's hard for her. She can talk, and when our group is brain storming she puts in ideas. And like alot of the people look at her and ACT as if there paying attention, then go about talking among ourselfs. So I feel kinda bad. And she also has this thing with her hands. Her fingers are like . . spider like, it's like she has no control over her fingers. She can hold stuff, but when she tries to draw (Like we were today) it looks like a pre-school kid drew it. And I feel bad, because where doing a mini play, and we have to put the advertisement posters around the school. And when she drew one, we. . couldn't really use it. . . . . >>;

But I kinda don't like have a disabled child in our group because it slows us down alot. Because we have to make sure, she knows whats going on, and what her lines are and etc. I just like to work at a little bit faster of a pace. But I bare with it. It's not her fault she is disabled after all.

Then there is Bobby. He is very VERY scary. I won't lie, he scares the livng hell outta me. It's like, he gets agitated very VERY easly, and he as A GAY VOICE, which I find histerical, but like. . if he is drawing something and you say 'hey' He'll be like ' I'm working. " in a rude/creep way. . but he deffently has a disablity, it's just the way he is! I dunno what that disablitly is, but he has one. He's alone most of the time, and nobody really talks to him. I would talk to him but. . I'm scared he'll get so fustrated he'll eat me or somthing. ><
That kid seriously needs a hug. OR THIS ONE TIME, like he was on stage, and he got angry with his partner, and just walked off stage, and I was in the front row. And he's like uber tall, and just how angry he seems I was afraid he was gonna like lose it and jump on me. Even my friend said that.

Oh, another thing that kinda gets me angry, is hardcore druggies. I mean, when they get older and have kids. Like, how could you live with yourself knowing that you're child is mental/disabled because of your reckless drug use? It's like, you're already starting your child off to a shitty start. I would feel SO BAD. And then some parents know that there child is gonna have future problems and puts them up for abortion or foster care because it's not what they expected.

So mkay, I'm done complaining. :3

Thrusts: 13,607User Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:56 pm
Some are VERY VERY smart, like, genius. But they can't communicate what they're thinking!
D:

Rathmanian

ttfreak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:15 pm
They are purely amazing one of my friends has asburgers he is very smart. He can't do well socially but he is soo much fun to be around. My brother used to work with people with mental disabliaties and people like that. its pretty fun to be around them.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm
My little brother is autistic so I have to deal with it every day...  

Darks Angel forever1

Blessed Friend

7,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Expert Skill 150

The Sarahdactyl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:35 pm
If I had Lindsey in my class, I would certainly hang out with her and use her posters. Just because people are disabled doesn't mean that they are complete jerks. Infact, I like disabled people. =D Not the ones that spit all over you... but, yeah. You get my point.

There's an autistic kid in my school. She's a nutcase. o_o She screams and yells so the whole school can hear it. BLAAAAAAH.

And if it counts, I'm friends with a 20 year old who has cancer. God love her. She's really..really..REALLY nice, putting the facts aside, that her grammar isn't too good. And that she's forgetful.

But, that doesn't bother me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:38 pm
My mom is an aid for the special education students at high school. Over summer, there was a porgram for them. Last day was family day and she invited me, due to the fact that my best friend was there. My best friend is a bit mentally diabled but not totaly. I'm like one of her only friends. We live near each other so we do a lot of stuff.

Anyway, I went to the camp. I didn't last two hours. I only went for some internet access but couldnt get AIM or Gaia. I didn't feel comforatble so mom took me home. When we were drivin home, she told me they were goin to have the kids out of the room wit desks and chairs and a microwave, to the big talk room that those..big presentation classes are xP. She said, "They're not treatin them right. It's just wrong."  

FullmetalEDlover

6,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100

Bag3l in a Box

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:42 pm
User Image
Call me Bag3l.

Coincidentally, we're going over a story about a disabled child in it. Oh God, it's sad. :< You can tell he's gonna die. My english teacher forgot his disability, too. D:<

But yeah, we had a mental kid up until last year... then he transferred. You could tell he was very smart underneath his disabilities. Everyone liked him. Damn inconveniences.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:50 pm
i think your talking about autism...
you see my brother has it and its not pretty. (kinda same description though)
i cant understand what he says almost all the time and he can get very angry EASILY... sometimes i wish i had a different brother but its the way of life... sometimes he wont let me go on gaia...

(to make it short hes mental)
if im not talking about the same thing i apoligize. cry
autism sucks cry  

Baka Choy

Dapper Dabbler

Whos That Guy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:54 pm
My little brother has some sort of thing where he cannot sit still and pay attention, so he's in a different class with a bunch of other kids with the same problem. They can't pay attention to what they're being taught.

Otherwise, I really never met any mentally disabled people. I know a few, but not personally.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:04 pm
Back in middle school, I lifed weights with a kid who had a mental disability.
He couldn't talk as well, or connect thoughts as well as most people, but he was one of my best friends throughout middle school, and even into high school. He was a riot to hang out with, and he was a good friend.

Another kid at my school is in a wheelchair, and he can't connect words at all, but he doesn't, like, act as though he's disabled. And he's really nice. He's aalso got these really pimp light up wheels on the front of his wheelchair. And I LOVE them. I sincerely love those little things. And I think it's really cool that he can express himself in ways that many can't.  

Obscene Pristine

Hottiebrat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:18 pm
Pink Haired Evil
My little brother has some sort of thing where he cannot sit still and pay attention, so he's in a different class with a bunch of other kids with the same problem. They can't pay attention to what they're being taught.

Otherwise, I really never met any mentally disabled people. I know a few, but not personally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In these dark days we must have hope

that sounds like ADD to me or ADHD, one of the two, I'm kind of the same way. I cant sit and listen to people talk for very long without wanting to move. I'm a very hands on person.
But where do we find it when
there is no light to show us the way...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:45 pm
I remember in elementry school, there was a few disabled children. I think they had autism or something. But they're class always joined PE with ours. And whenever one of them got on my team, I'd be all sad, 'cause I knew we wouldn't win in relay races. But now that I think about it, it was kinda mean. Like, I didn't say anything to them, but still ._.  

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:51 pm
User Image

Just because they have disablilities doesn't make them in-human. Sure they have some flaws, but don't we all? That's why i want to go into massage therapy treatment for children who have those types of abilities. I have a dear little cousin who struggles with Ausbergers (A lower form of ADD) and has had it since the day he was born. It's so hard for him to make friends..he's a genius though. Bless his heart, he can do my Algebra and his memory is excelled. He can beat you at any chess/checkers match. He has trouble thinking when using social skills.

It hurts hearing him say "nobody wanted to play with me", when he comes back from school sometimes to chill at my house. I give him a big hug and tell him that I'll always play with him, course we do, and that I'm going to love him no matter what. I hate it when people feel they're different. Can they really help what they're born with?

Makes me cry as I type this out. It breaks my heart to know what some "bullies" do to kids who are just different.

Now a drug/mental problem..well thats another story. Rehab maybe? Meh.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:04 pm
Is it stoopid in here...

Yeah...well I'm gonna give ya the honest truth. I was friends with a kid in 6th grade. He had a mental disability. He was pretty normal y'know, you couldn't tell just by looking at him. I got to know him for a little while, and we became friends. Then I don't know what happened, he just kind of snapped. He got angry at me one day for something for like no particular reason. After that...never got to know another disabled kid ever again.

...or is it just me?

DumberDan

Flurgin Popin

Dapper Citizen

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:22 pm
I don't have a problem with people in special classes, I have friends in those kinds of classes, they're pretty cool when you get to know them. But in my old school, I don't think she was in special classes but she was in a wheel chair, she was born with something, I can't remember, but she was short, very short. I was nice to her, had some conversations with her, but she always tried to run over people with her wheelchair..  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff