What are you working on? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:54 am
Okay, so it seems we're all a bit shy to create topics yet? That's cool, just thought I'd make a thread where you can post about your current project. No pressure, no critiques unless you ask for them, just talk about what you're working on smile

I'm not in the middle of anything at the moment but have TONS of plans. Today I saw these seriously cute pins and went gonk I want them! So I might give them a shot. I also want to try some more complex clay sculptures but need to wait for a free weekend because I found that I don't get all the details right when I don't have daylight xp I'm building up a collection of sketches in the meantime.

How about you?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:59 am
I'm working on quite a few things at the moment. one of them iare bookmarks made from old trading cards i have and they are coming out alot better then I thought they would. I also bought some thing from the target store called model magic (it's a crayola brand product) mostly becuase it was on clearance. At first I didn't expect much fro mit but I'm glad i bought. best thing about it is it air dries in 24 hours and is actually very light weight and durable. and bouncy which means ive been making and painting little bouncy balls frwith it as wel las a few mini sculputres. I'll take some pictures as soon as ican. 3nodding  

Faustuas

Adorable Sex Symbol

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:59 pm
Bouncy clay! That sounds so cool! whee So it still bounces when its dry and doesn't break? Sounds pretty cool.

I've been converting my sketches to nice clean vectors so I can make some plushie patterns and maybe make some button badges.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:57 am

I'm not really working on anything, yet. But I have a lot of ideas.

5 and a half hats (the half isn't a finished design yet)
Decorating My little pony (which came today)
3 Plushies
6 different charm designs
and a little sculpture.

^^; When I'll start them, I have no idea.
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Dusk Magpie

Lunatic

Faustuas

Adorable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:03 pm
@Chisa: it sure is and if you drop from a certian hight it wont break/shatter into alot of piecesProblem is its best suited for small minatutres and nothing to big.

Also There's another rpoject iwant to staart working on but i actually need hel pfro mothewr artists, maybe I'll make a a thread about that later on.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:23 pm
I am currently working on a good luck charm for my class, they are going to fly to Poland soon (I can‘t go with them, don‘t have enough money)
And I’m thinking of trying to make an Alucard plushie soon.  

CottonCandyNeko

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:54 pm
CottonCandyNeko
I am currently working on a good luck charm for my class, they are going to fly to Poland soon (I can‘t go with them, don‘t have enough money)
Take a photo of it and put it in with the monthly theme xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:30 pm
Was at home sick yesterday and sooo bored, so I made a bunch of polymer clay charms. Still have to glue the hooks in so they don't fall out this time, then paint with my pretty new sable brushes heart  

Chisa
Captain

kiersin

Invisible Phantom

10,850 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:08 am
I had to resist the urge to buy some airdry clay while at the craft store yesterday, since I should decide on a project before I get any really expensive stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:17 am
Oooh, I saw some airdry clay today too. I'm not sure what its qualities are versus polymer clay (besides the not needing baking part...) so I thought I'd look it up first.

Saw some Fimo too... it's so expensive for such a little block! Pretty colours though.  

Chisa
Captain

Viceregal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:16 am
I can't say "currently" working on anything because although I have a few projects on the go - I haven't touched any of them for a few weeks! sweatdrop I work slow but they will definately be finished one day.

I have one very soft fluffy crochet blanket with an alternating stripe pattern that I've been working on. It's the size of a lap blanket right now but I would like to it to be 1-2 feet longer.

I am also working on a mixed media figural sculpture - basically it's body is made of cottom on a wire frame but it's face, hands and feet are super sculpey. I've been dreading the part where I sew a skin of muslin and start making a pattern for it's clothes so alas it's been sitting on my book shelf - assembled but naked and skinless.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:40 am
Wow. Sounds like everyone here has something cool up their sleeves.

Chisa- Those pins are so adorable! Good luck on them~ ^__^

I'm planning on making a bottled clay animal figurines for my friends as Christmas presents. As usual, I'm gonna use recycled material because good quality stuff here is expensive... > . < Still, it gives me a chance to be creative.  

SixteenthNote

Meridot

Posessed Pup

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:06 am
Oh my god those pins are adorable. gonk I was totally gonna make a hairpin like the little fish one for me to wear to work but looks like someone has already had a similar idea and made one already.

This weekend and till the end of October I'm going to be working on making a felt note book cover for a good friend of mine. Its gonna have Kero and Suppi on the front from Card Captor Sakura. Sounds like a fun challenge. whee

Next week I've been asked to work with a troubled little girl to do some art projects, (I'm a teaching assistant) so that should be fun. I just hope she enjoys making stuff as much as I do. I was thinking about buying some air dry clay for us to play with as the school stuff isn't very high quality.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:15 am
I'm making a snoozing ned as part of my research for uni. Coats Crafts has given us a live brief to create a product & a tutorial for their website, so I need to make myself familiar with following the type of pattern they provide so I can make one better. biggrin Haha, I can't believe it's supposed to be an owl, but it's cute regardless...  

Maimy
Crew

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:03 pm
@Sixteenth: Ooh, bottled clay figures sounds pretty cool! Do you make them piece by piece in the bottle like those ships you see, or is the bottle big enough to slip it in?

@Chiaanne: Felt notebook covers sounds like a good idea. It looks like most of the things you make are for friends or other people, that's really nice of you ^_^

@Maimy: SO CUTE! You're right though, I don't think it looks much like an owl either >_> I do really like the bright colours and the design though.

At the moment I'm just working on my clay figure for the monthly theme (which currently just consists of a half done head and an armature >_>) and a mushroom pin cushion biggrin  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff