Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Avid Readers Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do YOU like to read?
  Whadya say? -reluctantly turns away from book-
  Pish, I'm too cool to read. -gets smacked by the smart people-
View Results

Teh Pure

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:51 pm
`Okay, so I'm about 97% sure that there's already a thread like this, but I went back through 15 pages and read EVERY thread title, so I decided on just making a new one. >> I really hope this doesn't get locked... ><

Well, Pure is one of those people who always has her nose stuck in a book. I love reading, and I decided to make a thread for others who like reading as well. Or people who just wanna talk about how much they hate reading. xD;;

So. I am currently reading Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice, and I'm absolutely obsessed with it! It's just so amazingly...I don't even know. It's just one of those books that you can NOT put down. And...I was reading the back, which just has reviews and stuff on it, and I saw the review from the Cincinnati Enquirer. I'm not going to type out the whole thing, but I am going to tell you that they described the book as, "Audacious, erotic, and unforgettable." I read that and was like, "Are those the best adjectives you've ever heard or what?" xD

When I'm done with my vampire book, I'm going to finish reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which I borrowed from my cousin about a month ago and only got to chapter four in. xD; After THAT I'm either going to finish the thirteenth Series of Unfortunate Events book or the seventh Pendragon book. I'm not sure yet. ALSO, I'm currently reading Things Fall Apart for English 2 Honors. ^___^

Well, I'm sure you guys know what to do! Books you've read, books you loved, books you hated...You get my point. :3

Again, I really hope this doesn't get locked...If I posted in the other thread I'd definitely get in trouble for necroposting....><;;  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:00 pm
User Image

ahh I love to read! I always had my nose stuck in a book when I was younger. The last book I read was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Loved it to death and I think she did a awesome job ending the book. I so want to read the whole series again but I'm going to have to re-buy most of the books.
I saw the movie to Interview with a Vampire but have not had a chance to read the book.
Gah I can't even remember books that I've liked in the past oh wait some came to me. Lets see I love Green Rider (don't remember the author at the moment, Eragon and Eldest (there is soon to be a third book in that series) love those to death. The movie for Eragon did not do the book justice though.
Ok can't think of anything else at the moment...

Hottiebrat

Teh Pure

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:07 pm
User Image

`I really want to see the movie (Interview with the Vampire, that is), but I'm going to wait until I finish the book, because I know that if I see the movie I'll never finish the book. >< I'm about two thirds through the book, and I hear the movie is really good, so I'm getting excited. =]  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:10 pm
User Image

yes it is a good movie, it's been a while since I've seen it. I probably should watch it again sometime. I'll have to find the book and read it. :]

Hottiebrat

x3 thisismysn x3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:10 pm
I'm obsessed with the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer.
Mostly because of Bella (The mod, not the character) & her Eclipse thread in this guild.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:12 pm
x3 thisismysn x3
Mostly because of Bella (The mod, not the character) & her Eclipse thread in this guild.
User Image

I'm so going to have to read that book with all the rave it's getting.

Hottiebrat

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:14 pm
I LOVE the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series [each book has a horrendously long title, so they're pretty much called that] and the Earth's Children series...I'm more for realistic fiction, and these specific books I can't put down. I also love Ella Minnow Pea and Flowers For Algernon. n.n <33333  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:21 pm
x3 thisismysn x3
User Image

Hehe.

Still working on dat fanfiction! >.<

And I loove reading. But like Noi, once I got meh nose stuck in a book, I CAN'T pull away!

Bella: *Reading*

Tim: Bella?

Bella: GO AWAY! D<

Tim: *Scurries*

Bella: *Twitch twitch* Hisssss..

User Image

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

x3 thisismysn x3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:24 pm
Moonlight_Bella
User Image

Hehe.

Still working on dat fanfiction! >.<

And I loove reading. But like Noi, once I got meh nose stuck in a book, I CAN'T pull away!

Bella: *Reading*

Tim: Bella?

Bella: GO AWAY! D<

Tim: *Scurries*

Bella: *Twitch twitch* Hisssss..

User Image

Is it going to be about vampire babies? :B

& Yes, I get like that too.
If someone tries to ask me a question while I'm reading I throw stuff at them. whee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:22 pm
pssh...

...Reading's overrated.  

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Teh Pure

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:28 pm
[Sonic Offline]
pssh...

...Reading's overrated.

User Image
`Well.

Now I know who chose the second option in the poll.

xD;

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:30 pm
User Image
The duck will be angry if
you don't click it. D:<
Oh god. I love reading. x333
the Confessions of Charlotte Doyle. My favoritest book evur. :]
We read it last year in school. <33

I am Word

Dictator STD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:45 pm
I'm a book lover too <3
I want to read all of Stephen King's books, but it's gonna take a while cause books are a bit expensive to buy here (I just paid $50 on his book the other day D; ). And I like to... own the book, like I said to my mom, I can't feel safe if I don't have a shelf with books close to me xD~
I just finished reading "The Neverending Story" which is awesome, I have childhood memories from the movie, and now I want to watch it again 3nodding
And now i'm reading Dostoievsky, which I think the title in English would be "Crime and Punishment" or something xD~
I dunno what I'm gonna read next, my house is still a mess from moving to this new place, and the only book that I found that I haven't read yet is "Goethe" by Faust.... I want something a bit more simple to read after Dosto's book u.u"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:49 pm
I don't have my face in a book ALL the time.

But if I do find a book I like, I read it 24/7, taking breaks from time to time.

While I haven't read that many books, I play a LOT of visual novels. Anyone heard about these?

[Noi]

Duchess Dill

Angelic Gaian

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:49 pm
    I love reading. I just find it difficult to get in the mood to read. :3 *Has an attention span of a fly*

I'm reading the final Harry Potter book at the moment. Still.

I loved the Phillip Pullman books, the 'His Dark Materials' and 'Sally Lockhart' series. Both excellent <3
    I also like stuff by Jaquilean Wilson. I know I can't spell her name. But she can make a good intresting read.

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff