Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Kids rule the world...Can it really be done? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NO PARENTS!
  YEAH D:<
  Wah. ;o;
  I'm already a parent/already an adult. xD
View Results

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:05 pm
So Kid Nation is on. NO, I don't wanna talk about the show.

But do you think it's really possible for kids to found and build their own town? After reading Lord of the Flies in high school, I really doubt it...but what do you say? Will it collapse? Will it succeed?

[btw, the town council in this show are ages between the ages 10-12. The oldest person is 15, the youngest is 8.]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:21 pm
lol no it snot possible.

We'd need people with experience to run the economy. You can't have an immature lil' kid do any job, can you? Most, yes you can. The ones needed to function, most. Stuff like Judges and lawmakers, you would need people with life experience and true knowledge on how to appropriately handle situations. Kids aren't mature enough to handle stuff like that.  

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:30 pm
:/ Maybe, I really don't think it would work though.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:33 pm
I had an epiphany. .__.

So the world spirals downhill if there are no adults, and we eventually revert back to wild creatures. Will we start all over again with rebuilding civilization, or will our descendants remain stubborn?

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:31 pm
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

First off.. Lord of the Flies bothered me. It makes total sense and is fairly realistic, and I love the parallels to WWII (stupid English class, making us look deeper into the book lol.) But yeah, most of the kids in the book were such little shits.. and poor Simon. ='(

Anyways, I think society would initially crumble, things would get out of hand but maybe once enough of them got older/got tired of how terrible the world has gotten there would be some who would band together and start to form somewhat of a decent society. It would be a very long time before the world would be anything like it is now because they would practically have to start from scratch asides from existing technology or anything the kids had learnt thus far.

...I laughed myself to sleep.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:12 pm
*points back to "Lord of the Flies"*

They'll all be savages because they ain't smart 'nuff.
But since they're on TV, they'll act all cool till they REALLY lose it.
There'll be quite a bit of violence, but I doubt there'll be a Piggy scene in there.
Though I'm pretty sure ratings would go up then.

But you know that the producers will be slipping them kids a couple treats here and there.

Allz I know is that this should be fun to watch.  

Norayr
Crew

Kiwi Cow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:55 am
OH CRAP =( i had to watch that for homework poopy=(  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:08 pm
Well, I think it would be rather iffy, but the adults should definetley listen to the kids more.
The only reason kids get corrupted at all is because of the adults who raise them.
I mean, seriously, it's like people lose their common sense in the real world.  

MsDevin92

Chatty Friend

XAmberrXO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:31 pm
I think the smart ones will make it, the girl who was like cooking and cleaning dishes, lol. I think it could be done.
As for the show if i were there (I am 13) I would have slapped those two 15 year olds that wrote all over everything
I was laughing when they lost the competition after they were so full of them selves!
Adults don't really do the best job sometimes either though, atleast kids wouldn't murder each other.... I don't think  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:46 pm
In Sonic CD, if I flipped the post, the future post. Good future will feature unique people. So no kids there! If I flipped the bad. Everything is all messed up!  

Kale Demos

Familiar Regular

J3wels

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:08 pm
Man... its cool and all to do what ever you want to do. But.. it is scary at the same time. Oh, you should see the MOVIE "Lord of the Flies." Not the good version if there was.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:43 pm
eek

no way
no how
no possible chance whatsoever.

HAAAGHHHH...

But if kids could rule a democracy and set up a government system or any of the sort, the world we're in....would be the fourth dimension...*looks up*
and the world the kids are...would be *gulp* the first, second, and third!
razz exclaim

whatagirl

Rathmanian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:53 pm
:l
They'd DEFINITELY need one strong leader. A group of friends might be able to do it, but random people? I doubt it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:34 pm
User Image
Friends walk in and out of our lives....

It would never work for one thing there are too many cliques(sp?) O.o and so it would fall apart very quickly. There would have to one heck of a good leader among all the kids for it to even semi-work!

....but true friends leave footprints on our hearts.
User Image

MissusDolly

4,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Alluminn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:34 pm
Well, if those little kids would STFU and listen to the older kids that actually know about how government works, they might be able to pull it off.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff