Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
So... Scientology Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think scientology is the dumbest religion out there today?
  Yes.
  No.
  Who? What?
View Results

_C r y s t a l_RB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:07 pm
Edited after visiting the scientology offical site: I never thought I'd see it. My fiance and I went to the mall today, and we ended up walking by a kiosk piled up with scientology s**t all over it. Books by that Hubbard wacko, and Electropsychometers they use to montior changes in mental activity. I rather enjoyed it when the crazy lady standing by it asked my fiance and I if we'd like to try it out. I made the most disgusted look and said, "No. That's OK." I was half giggling as I spoke. It was my first time ever reacting to any religion with just disgust, and I wanted to make the woman know that I thought she was an idiot.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find scientology to be the leader in the field of stupid-a** religions? To me it just shows that people will believe ANYTHING. I seriously didn't know how accurate South Park was at describing that religion, because South Park doesn't tend to take anything seriously. I thought it was a ******** joke. The religion in itself is a ******** joke. All they want is the money of those who are easily influenced by such inane ideas.

It's also pissing me off that my firefox browser is trying to force me to capitalize scientology. Even it has fallen under the influence of the idiotic.

**All corrected parts are bolded, and even reading the scientology web page didn't change my opinion of it. Maybe I'm just bitter that I haven't been able to take Tom Cruise seriously as an actor or as a human being since discovering he believes this crap.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:29 pm
Wow... I never thought someone in this guild would make me sick. Yeah... I don't agree with religions but... at least I learn a little bit about the actual religion before I go off bashing it. You can't take South Park seriously. Its a fun time, yes. But its not literal fact. I posted in this guild a thread about scientology. I took the time to go and talk to someone about it, learn about it before I started spouting about how stupid they were.  

PickleBoy

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:44 pm
The way I see it, Scientology is no different than Christianity in how incredible its claims are, so I try to treat it with the same view I do with any other religion. I figure it's open for rational debate.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:05 am
Well pickle boy, south park wasn't so far off either. I saw specials on tv (from a news network ... that now that i think about it, i hope it wasn't fox, cuz i can't remember where) where they show you their origins. And more than being funny, it got me to the point where i couldn't believe how BAD these people are being screwed out of their money.

But you're right we can't judge a person retarded because they choose to believe that crap. But i tell you this, i'll call anyone retarded if they themselves don't find the need to verify the load of bullshit that was being fed to them by those "missionary" scientologists. I mean... seriously... SERIOUSLY! who the ******** likes to be played for their money in the name of a prophet that WAS a psychologist and came up with the perfect money scheme??? RETARDS, that's who!  

AnonymouZ

_C r y s t a l_RB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:55 am
PickleBoy
Wow... I never thought someone in this guild would make me sick. Yeah... I don't agree with religions but... at least I learn a little bit about the actual religion before I go off bashing it. You can't take South Park seriously. Its a fun time, yes. But its not literal fact. I posted in this guild a thread about scientology. I took the time to go and talk to someone about it, learn about it before I started spouting about how stupid they were.
Where is this thread? I want to read it.

Also I'm sorry I disgust you, but I'm a very opinionated person, and I tend to be quite harsh about things like this. I thought about changing my ways a few times, but I decided against it, because the people I hang around actually rather admire me for my blunt ways.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:15 am
AnonymouZ
Well pickle boy, south park wasn't so far off either. I saw specials on tv (from a news network ... that now that i think about it, i hope it wasn't fox, cuz i can't remember where) where they show you their origins. And more than being funny, it got me to the point where i couldn't believe how BAD these people are being screwed out of their money.

But you're right we can't judge a person retarded because they choose to believe that crap. But i tell you this, i'll call anyone retarded if they themselves don't find the need to verify the load of bullshit that was being fed to them by those "missionary" scientologists. I mean... seriously... SERIOUSLY! who the ******** likes to be played for their money in the name of a prophet that WAS a psychologist and came up with the perfect money scheme??? RETARDS, that's who!
I didn't judge anyone to be a retard. Retards can't help the fact that they can't understand certain things. Idiots can. The money thing pisses me off too. I knew more about that part than anything else. A religion shouldn't make you charge to be part of it. That's just complete bullshit.  

_C r y s t a l_RB

Levis Pennae

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:09 pm
The Catholic Church is the largest non-profit enterprises in the world, and is also one of the highest grossing enterprises, period.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:00 pm
Levis Pennae
The Catholic Church is the largest non-profit enterprises in the world, and is also one of the highest grossing enterprises, period.
I don't think the Catholic Church requires a fee to continue attending the church though, and many people don't have $500 to pay like with scientology.  

_C r y s t a l_RB

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:32 am
Crystal E-B
AnonymouZ

I didn't judge anyone to be a retard. Retards can't help the fact that they can't understand certain things. Idiots can. The money thing pisses me off too. I knew more about that part than anything else. A religion shouldn't make you charge to be part of it. That's just complete bullshit.

Well... you didn't, "I" did. I call any believer a retard, no matter if their IQ/level of education is higher than mine; also, because i don't differentiate between those two adjectives.

And yeah, i guess that money part is important. I mean, you get to have ranks of purification, the more money you spend on the "church"? C'MON!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:40 pm
Well, in South Park's defense, they DID say User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.. I mean, I know how South Park is (I love the show), but just because they have a horrible truth record doesn't mean they can't tell the truth every now and then. Besides, you don't need to lie about scientology to make fun of it.

Are you going to watch the new episode tomorrow?  

CaprinaePsi

_C r y s t a l_RB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:59 pm
The only show I make a point to watch is House M.D. My fiance likes South Park. I like it too, but I only watch it, because he has it on the TV. I'm sure he'll be tuning into the new episode. He says it's going to be funny.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:10 pm
I have to admit, even though it said it was real I thought they theres no way these people actually believe that. I read up on it and found out it was true.. sad day for man kind indeed..

also I think you should watch this

Scientology(sp?) is scary

Edit: but yea, I totally agree with you..the religion is a joke..
I say you can believe what religion you want but..come on..  

candycane elf

Eloquent Elocutionist

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

_C r y s t a l_RB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:15 pm
AnonymouZ

Well... you didn't, "I" did. I call any believer a retard, no matter if their IQ/level of education is higher than mine; also, because i don't differentiate between those two adjectives.

And yeah, i guess that money part is important. I mean, you get to have ranks of purification, the more money you spend on the "church"? C'MON!

Haha. That's cool, but my bro wants an apology. Not really. He couldn't even read this to know what is going on.

So how do they "purify" you? I'm as pure as they come, so they should pay ME money. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:24 pm
candycane elf
I have to admit, even though it said it was real I thought they theres no way these people actually believe that. I read up on it and found out it was true.. sad day for man kind indeed..

also I think you should watch this

Scientology(sp?) is scary

Edit: but yea, I totally agree with you..the religion is a joke..
I say you can believe what religion you want but..come on..
I was at first having a hard time believing the credentials of something on YTMN, but since they cited reliable sources... I guess it's not a big joke. Makes me wonder what kind of s**t other religions are hiding. The only thing I recall hearing is about priests molesting children.

People will believe anything if it's marketed in the right way. A few of my collegues and I were discussing scientology at work. One girl didn't know the first thing about it. The pharmacist on duty that day told her, and my coworker about s**t her pants. She said that she can't believe it. I told her that I feel the same way about the bible. Who the hell knows the person(s) who wrote that and what mental condition they were in. She ended up comparing scientology to making up a religion based on Star Trek. It was a good talk.

Now I'm off to write a novel about sex and drugs, and start my own religion. I'm charging a $1,000,000 one-time fee to join. Any takers?  

_C r y s t a l_RB

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces