Show off your workspace! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:57 pm
Since there was a bit of discussion on this in the Random Chat thread xd Post pics of your work area or discuss how neat or tidy it is, how you organise all your equipment etc etc.

I just got a new desk to work on last week, which I'm loving so far whee Its got a nice glass top so I can't damage the wood too easily, and cool shelves and things attached to it - I'll post a photo up over the weekend. I've only had it a few days and it's totally messy already xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:10 am
hmm XD if this thread is still active in the firstish part of next year I'll post where I work.. but right now I have no workplaces... their either at the kitchen or in my room (which is getting packed up to switch rooms)  

Brass Coin

Maimy
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:43 am
I'll get a pic of my home workspace once I've tidied it ready for messing it up again with college work. And I'll post a pic of my uni work space if I remember to take one 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:45 pm
Okay, I guess I'll get this thread on a roll. My dad managed to procure this awesome drafting table for me last winter and it's one of my prize possessions. I can set up a movie on my laptop on one side and still have plenty of room to work.

The downside is that I had to put my dining room table into storage to make room for it.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's spaces.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

IconLizard

TonyTokyo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:48 pm
Mine is my bed, and my bedside table >w< It's an absolute wreck. My bed is always filled with clay particles and what not, I'm always powedery white from when it dries on me (Everywhere - my face, lips, legs, arms, elbows) and paint is messily covering my bedside drawer.

Man, I wish I had batteries for my camera!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:14 pm
Finally got some pics of mine!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It probably won't stay this tidy for long, but I just got the desk and boxes recently so it's not too bad biggrin

@Katti: Awesome desk! Nice to have a bit of an angle on it so you're not straining your neck as much, I need one of those.  

Chisa
Captain

Brass Coin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:37 pm
ah thats cute~ XD and clean looking.

I may take photos of the desk I intend to be my hobby desk... XD but its holding a stereo and some boxes as I'm switching rooms at the moment... >_>;; -goes to get camera XD-

EDIT: heres a couple pictures XD not the best but eh.

User Image

covered with stuff and something infront of it XD but you can see it..

User Image

The reson I'm allowed to use it as a hobby desk... its like that all over.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:17 am
xd At least you don't have to worry too much about messing up the table then! I spent extra to get a glass top for mine and then put paper over to protect it, it's a bit of a hassle xp

Ooh! One thing I'm quite happy about but forgot to mention... those two lime green panels on the second shelf are portable speakers xd For something so small and flat they're actually pretty decent, and I was lucky enough to find them in the perfect colour. Music is important while crafting!  

Chisa
Captain

Brass Coin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:35 pm
my hobby desk has became my computer desk and hobby desk > 3<;; my actual comp desk got broken (cheap big lots desk >_>) while we tried to move it to remove my comp... yeah >_>; this is gunna be fun XD

Chisa, I have to ask.. whats that white... doll thing near the blue compartment thingy (yes, love how I name things XD)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:20 pm
He's a Munny, a blank soft vinyl doll that you paint and customise that I picked up in Hong Kong last year xd It's a very expensive hobby so I'm a bit scared of painting it until I have some more practice painting other things. I'm planning to make him into a tiger biggrin

I sort of want to get into the designer soft vinyl toy industry someday, which is sort of why I started sculpting with sculpey - that's the usual progression (unless you have the dough to hire a sculptor) - you design characters, sculpt them yourself, build up enough of a fanbase to feel confident you can sell them and then either send a prototype off to China to be mass produced or make a mold and make your own from alternative materials until you've saved up enough for the vinyl ones. It's a really big industry in Hong Kong and China, and it's spreading to the Western world a lot recently.  

Chisa
Captain

Maimy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:53 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So it's a tip XD my six foot table. That's Tiny's vivarium on the right, my Batik pot right next to it, procion dyes in the jars, token artists' mannequin, some books, yarn, catalogues, a broken bat dish (damn kitten), sweet wrappers and all sorts of other random s**t. sweatdrop It's in its' untidy state; when I want to use the bed, the crap is transferred to the table, and vice versa...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:55 am
oooh... i may have to save some money from b-day and christmas to get me one x3 i really want the mega munny though... so biiiig....

and my keboard is dying on me ...  

Brass Coin

Faustuas

Adorable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:28 pm
I want chisa's workspace. it be perfect for me instead of me using the kitchen table or in some cases dryer room ^^'  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:49 pm
@Maimy: Mine's starting to look more like that now I've been working on it more xd I have one of the artist's mannequins - currently it's holding my headbands because I find it a bit useless sweatdrop

@Unidentified: Oooh I want one too... but they're so expensive! And I need to paint my little one first. I also have some really tiny zipper pull ones xd

@Faustuas: Heheh, it's really just a big desk with some shelves. I guess it helps having room for it all though.  

Chisa
Captain

Brass Coin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:19 pm
Chisa

@Unidentified: Oooh I want one too... but they're so expensive! And I need to paint my little one first. I also have some really tiny zipper pull ones xd

considering how I think spending $290 bucks on a gundam model (1/30 scale and a hunk of plastic) isn't alot of money... $200 on a mega munny really doesn't fase me 8D (I'm also going to be spending roughly $300-$400 on an airbrush, air compressor, and paints after the new year... hopefully XD)  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff