Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Even Kaori Yuki makes mistakes... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:49 pm
For no reason at all, other than amusement, here's what she wrote in the Free Talk section of Godchild 1:

There was a crooked man,
and he walked a crooked mile.
He found a crooked sixpence,
against a crooked mouse.

I think she messed up the last line... it always cracks me up.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:52 pm
Yeah, I just read that one last night. It was like, uh? I thought maybe it was a translater mistake or something... oh well sweatdrop  

Momiji-Bunny

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:58 am
eek mistake? really?
how is the rhyme supposed to be in english? i only know it in swedish.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:56 am
I believe 'mouse' is supposed to be 'house'. <_<;  

Cain_Hargreaves

Sonoshi
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:08 am
well.. if it should be 'house', then it indeed sounds a bit... strange.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:01 am
I don't think it was a translator's mistake... I think she wrote it wrong... since it was in handwriting style, and if it was translated, I'd see it in Chinese instead of English.

Ah, but it's still hilarious and cute in its own little way... Mouse, indeed. blaugh  

Shura Yukihime

Cain_Hargreaves

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:19 am
A lot of manga writers will make mistakes with the english language, though. One of my favorite mistakes will still be the magazine Leon was reading in Pet Shop of Horrors that was a 'playgirl' instead of 'playboy'. (For those of you that might be confused, Playboy is meant to be read by men, while Playgirl is full of sexy nude men for the women to drool over!)

Kaori Yuki hasn't made many mistakes, though, which tells me that she does try to research the english that she uses.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:07 am
Which is good, of course. One mistake is always funny... but too many will make one just decide that she is hopeless. blaugh

Oh, and the actual rhyme goes like this:

There was a crooked man
and he walked a crooked mile,
he found a crooked sixpence
upon a crooked stile,
he bought a crooked cat
which caught a crooked mouse,
and they all lived together
in a little crooked house

A stile and a mouse is very different. blaugh  

Shura Yukihime

Mrs. Tasuki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:39 am
Cain_Hargreaves
A lot of manga writers will make mistakes with the english language, though. One of my favorite mistakes will still be the magazine Leon was reading in Pet Shop of Horrors that was a 'playgirl' instead of 'playboy'. (For those of you that might be confused, Playboy is meant to be read by men, while Playgirl is full of sexy nude men for the women to drool over!)

Kaori Yuki hasn't made many mistakes, though, which tells me that she does try to research the english that she uses.

xd  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:39 am
Cain_Hargreaves

xd  

Mrs. Tasuki

ZetsumeiMitsukai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:13 pm
Quote:

I love Kaori-sensei. heart heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:51 pm
I thought it was a translator mistake... mouse = house?  

Tia Mia

achromatic grey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:56 pm
Cain_Hargreaves

what vol is that in?? I can't believe I missed it!!! xd

I think Kaori Yuki's standards of english and her reserch in general is really very high. you can tell she puts a lot of effort into her manga.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:37 pm
I've never heard of that rhyme.  

[Lagrashu]

achromatic grey

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:18 pm
Tia Mia
I thought it was a translator mistake... mouse = house?

it's hard to confuse the japanese though. nezumi and uchi....  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff