Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Sports. Injuries. And any awesome stories. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your sport.
  Basketball
  Football
  Fútbol (soccer)
  Volleyball
  Swimming
  Track
  Tennis
  Badminton
  Anything with wheels
  Other
View Results

Norayr
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:56 pm
UGH!

Alright. I just came back from basketball, and MAN! Am I a pitiful site. I couldn't even walk up my stairs, so I literally crawled up--that's just how tired I am. My Quadriceps, my Gluteus maximus, my Gastrocnemius, all my Deltoid heads, and my Trapezius are all sore from one game. I think my Pectoralis Major is feeling it as well.
So the chicken should help me out.

But in addition to the normal wear and tear on my muscles (which I'm used to), I also received much of a beating outside of that.
I usually play down low, but tonight I was playing up top and driving the ball home. A game of 3x3 since that's all we had. And boy did I get assaulted down there. Slaps left and right from all three of the guys and I still get the point. Anyway, I'm not here to brag, I'm here to share my injuries!
Tonight, one of the guys from the other team, was running up in front of me and he threw the ball, above his head, to the back somewhere. Guess who was standing right in the way… Yup! Me! Smacked me in the face! I won't go into detail of what happened, but being used to this sort of thing week after week, I just walked it off.

Another sports injury, not about me, my friend that plays for UCLA's football team, was training for The World's Strongest Man competition, and he completely tore his, I believe, left Pec completely off.

Nasty.

Anyway. I play almost all the sports out there: Basketball, Football, Fútbol, Volleyball, etc, etc.
Yet everytime the ball gets to hit me somewhere.
I have a couple awesome stories, but they're nothing without clips. Either that or I can't remember anything.

Now share your experiences!
I'm going to go sleep or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:59 pm
My upper lip's busted in three places now… T.T  

Norayr
Crew

Zephire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:07 am
Ouch! That made me cringe just reading it x_x;;

I can't remember any major sports injuries of my own, having only been on the basketball team of my very small elementary school and not being one to get in close and personal in gym. So my injuries have been mostly bumps, bruises, occasional floor burns, and pulling a muscle. I tend to get injured from doing everyday things (like walking up stairs...).

But in my, I think, grade 10 PE class there was one guy who would always get sacked every time we did any sports. I kid you not, either. After the first few days it became a joke for the rest of the class and teacher, and some of the other guys would start betting on when he'd get sacked that day. I really have no clue why the guy didn't start wearing a cup... Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up suffering some permanent damage =/  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:22 am
Owwiiee. D:

Arr, my sports injuries?

Well, I usually go ice skating every weekend in the winter.
A few years ago I was going faster than I should've been, and I tripped on my toe-pick thinger. D: I fell and got a nice cut on my chin.  

I am Word

Duchess Dill

Angelic Gaian

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:08 pm
    Lol. I have had far too many sports injuries.
    Years ago, I went ice skating. Almost broke my ankle. But I've spazzed it up for life now. I'm constanly pulling and spraining it.
    I've also really hurt my finger before. I think I broke up, but I'm not sure. It was very painful, swollen, and like a purple colour. I did that during Basketball :3

But I have a funny story:
    My and my friends had this thing were we varied sports.
    We've done extreme Tennis (with like 8 balls and 3 people), extreme Table Tennis (with several balls, and running allo over the hall, not even using the table) and out very own Olympics. Swimming on the floor is pretty fun xD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:12 pm
User ImageNor is as straight as a rainbow! He likes those yummy penises.

You told me about this over ze phone.
xD

Rainbow panties conceal the best things according to Nor.User Image

Lady Pelvic

Wabbet

Witty Rabbit

19,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:44 pm
I have never had any bone breaking or muscle tearing experiences, but I have had several over exertion injuries.
My knees being my problem area.
EVERY time I run a shorter distance, something gets irritated. Lately, it's been the [not knowing the English word] muscle that is on the inside of the shin, above the ankle. I'm going to buy some special soles later on.

But I did get a black eye once from playing bandy with friends down at the ice rink. [bandy is sorta hockey-ish] The only time I didn't have the visor attached to my helmet.

The year after, dad took off the visor again, because it was only hanging on with one screw. Me no likey. So then, playing bandy again, I got a black eye on the other eye.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:31 pm
Norayr
My upper lip's busted in three places now… T.T
User Image

-Kisses his upper lip a few times.-

Mwha, mwha, mwha. ♥ ♥

User Image

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

[Minako]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:36 pm
User Image

So give me something to
believe...
&&&&

Ouch...D':

Sports injuries? Hmm... two years ago, I remember tossing around a softball (Psh, soft my a**... >3>) with my sister and friends at school, and a guy I knew picked it up. So then he wailed it at me (He's a baseball player so it was hard).

Anyway, it clocked me on the head, and it hurt like hell. x_o;

And just recently, I was playing dodge ball in gym. I went up to throw it at some people on the other team and out of nowhere a ball got me in the face. Thank goodness it was a girl (whom apologized like crazy) who threw the ball at me. It was a deathtrap the way some of the guys in my gym class played dodge ball. Yikes. ><;

&&&&
Cause I am living just to
breathe...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:41 pm
I played dodge ball for the first time today.
Of almost 30 people that where supposed to show, there were only 5 of us.

I got hit every time, but at least the balls were soft.
whee  

Wabbet

Witty Rabbit

19,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

x3 thisismysn x3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:53 pm
I absolutely positively hate baseball/softball.
I'm so bad at it.

We were forced to play softball in gym, and I couldn't hit it at all.
I was the only one who had to sue the tee, and I still couldn't hit it. gonk
It took like 20 tries, and when I finally hit it (and got out), everyone was laughing and making fun of me.
It was horrible. emo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:14 pm
~
I’ve been in Fencing for about two years, so I think I’ve been badly poked quite a few times.
Other than that, I’ve never had any really bad injuries.
Although I did slip last week while making a hit so my bottom was kind of sore after that.
>.<
~

W.i.t.c.h.y

Dapper Seeker

11,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

Indulge [In Words]
Crew

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:24 pm
O:
My sport of choice
is The All-mighty Color Guard. <3
And it is AWESOME! *0*

But just last week,
I marched right back into
some stupid Sax player
and cut my ear open. D:

...And when swinging a six foot
metal pole around,
its only expected that
you're going to hit yourself.. ALOT.
xD;;
Once, I took a saber to the head. O:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:02 pm
my worst sports injury was probably in forth grade when playing football i somehow got tackled and broke my collarbone, after that is when i fell down while running, sprained my wrist, then lucky me fell on it agian and broke it, finally all the welts from paintballing  

V379

Hildr

Clever Goat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:30 am
I was white-blinded a couple years ago playing rugby with some friends.
I say a couple years ago, but really, it was last year, about three weeks before my wedding.
So I`m running and someone trips me, because that`s just part of the game, but I fall backwards instead of forward. I smashed the back of my head against someone`s knee [I honestly don`t know who`s] and couldn`t see anything but white for about three minutes.

Just to prove how good of friends they were, they made me drive to the hospital. By my self.
I couldn`t remember where it was, so I just had to follow the giant brick building until I found it.
Luckily the place was the tallest building around. xD

@Indulge- COLOR GUARD. I got nailed in the face with a saber. . . errr. . . three years ago? My junior year of HS. I played the sexyphone. Needless to say, I had splinters all up in my mouth.
And once, I plowed a little clarinet boy over. I mean, knocked him down. But then again, I was flying. I had sixteen counts to go 14 yards, at 120 bpm. Backwards.

. . .

Not even shitting you.
But I told him that if he didn`t move quicker during practice, I would plow him over. I did. At a contest. The judge mentioned it on the tape :: "I just noticed an alto saxophone player knocking down a clarinet. Good job on not stopping the show."

EPIC POST!

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces