Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Oh my gawd the pain. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laserrrs
  Good idea
  Bad idea
View Results

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:04 am
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

Remind me to never try to sugar myself ever again. Seriously, OW! I have never in my life more wanted to go get laser hair removal. Haha.

Okay, so here's the deal. I consider myself to be pretty hairy as far as females go. I'm not a total Sasquatch or anything but it's enough to be quite bothersome. Normally it would be no problem, just shave it off and it's all done but I have really sensitive skin and I get little red bumps from shaving very easily. They look bad, are sore and in turn make shaving later even worse. I got the idea for SOME reason that maybe I should try sugaring (like waxing but easier to wash excess off.) BAD MOVE. It's way more painful and again with the red marks. Maybe some of you can relate.

Is it sad that I actually came online afterwards and started looking up laser hair removal prices? And the fact that I could afford it and am very tempted to have someone drive me to Toronto as a Christmas present or something? Hahaha.

Ow...

Has anyone else considered something similar?

EDIT: Lawl, I told my mom about it and she said I should go for it. =P I love her.

...I laughed myself to sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:58 am
*shaves j00r nose hairs* ninja  

Pailzor
Captain

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:01 pm
User Image

My hair isn't all that bad. Not so much on my legs--but I do shave, truuusst me. And just to let you know, I use what's called "Pretty, hair remover spray" by Nair. IT. REALLY. WORKS. Sure it smells as bad as heck, but you just spray the foam stuff on, let it sit for about five minutes, then rinse it dry with a warm washcloth. No bumps or cuts. I have sensitive skin myself, Sam soo trust me, if you wanna go cheap, this is my method. (I believe there is also a cream. I got it at Walgreen's for 6.99) x3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:20 pm

I've tried hair removal cremes. They don't get rid of all the hair and it burns my skin. =( Chemical burns are the worst.

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

Lady Dionish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:59 pm
I have the same problem you do (when it comes to pubes anyway), so I'm very reluctant to shave. I only do if I think there might be a possibility that people will see my undies! (which actually happened 2 weeks ago sweatdrop )

Otherwise, I just trim.
... when I remember to.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:03 pm

Mhm.. I was invited to a party for Saturday night and my friend really wants me to wear this short skirt I got back when we were dating but he never actually got to see it on me. (lol sucker) But yeah.. =/ I'm just hoping I don't have marks from today's attempt to sugar by then. Even so.. ugh lol that still means meticulous shaving (I get REALLY paranoid in skirts if I don't) and yeah I only trim that area but I have to shave the bikini line or something. =/

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

Norayr
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:22 pm
Even though I'm a dude, dude... I'm armo.
And I'mma have to get rid of all the hair I have sometime in the future for that competition (if I ever join it), and I occasionally do.
So yea, I know what ya mean. I get them red bumps under my chin and neck, but a little bit of Witch Hazel takes care of that.
And razor burns.

But when I'm lazy, I run over to my mom/sister's cabinet full of girlie stuff, and grab some of that Nair stuff. It's pretty gewd like the Bells said.
I mean c'mon. I'm Armenian and it works.

No need to waste money like that.

I know someone that got lazer hair removal, and her entire face and legs were swollen. Not fun in any way. So if you don't mind that temporary "setback" if you will, then go fer it.

Shaving's fun [/random]  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:49 pm

I figure the cost in the long run (yes I looked at prices) plus the amount of time and stuff I'd save it's fairly worth it. I don't doubt that there would be some repercussions. I mean it is using hot lasers so I figure I'd be sore for a bit so I'd definitely do it when I can have a few days I can relax at home afterwards.

I figure with this I'd go once, maybe twice if I need touch ups after awhile and be in pain once or twice for probably as long as it takes to get over most bad sunburns I get as opposed to shaving every second day or sugaring (which = VERY painful) every month to 6 weeks for similar results but with irritated skin pretty much each time. It doesn't seem like that bad of a setback. Especially after my sugaring attempt today and chemical burns from when I tried using Nair. (Never using hair removal cream again in my life)

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

Dictator STD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:04 pm

me hates body hair 3nodding
I want to do laser removal too, I say go for it
I usually wax it out, but it can be painful in some places, i'm kinda used to it though xD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:33 pm

leizlrox

XAmberrXO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:06 pm
I just got spacers for me teeth and they kill
As for shaving ummm... I burn easy and I always get a rash  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:27 pm

Ooh you getting braces eh? Not fun. I've been there and done that, sooo glad it's over with. I still have a retainer that I wear at night.

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:37 pm
shaving... it's probably my worst enemy for one reason:
Eczema.

I've had it since I was 9, it started on my back, and over the past 9 years it's spread to my stomach, chest, arms, my thighs, and part of my calfs.
SOOOO not fun. Let's just say, shaving/waxing/hair removal creams are not fun, i DO NOT have parties or feel super great when I am hair free. >.<

It's pretty much, shaving off little bumps all over my body.. >.< and I hate to bleed more then I need to. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:55 pm
Oh, I almost forgot. Fire is pretty good at removing hair as well.
Now I'm not telling you to set yourself on fire--that's just stupid.
But get a candle, stick, or something that's smoldering hot, bring it just up to your hair spot, and watch the hairs curl.
Once down, just wipe 'em off. It's happening to me a number of times (accidentally) over the stove, candle, match many a times.  

Norayr
Crew

J3wels

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:03 pm
I hafta shave my arm pits. O___o;  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items