Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Pluto's not a planet anymore o.O -growls at scientists- Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How should this be solved?
  Ignore the scientists. They don't know what they're saying.
  Attack the negaverse...they MUST be behind this!
  Agree with the decision XP
  Pig out, Serena style XD. Depression makes you hungry!
View Results

KanitaDoyle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:23 am
This is me mouring for the fact that scientist have officially claimed that Pluto is not a planet anymore T.T

Well, actually they made the announcement ages ago...but it's new news for me. AND NOT THE GOOD KIND!

~Uses tiara to attack whoever decided this~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:30 am
Who cares, Pluto will always be a planet in my heart (well not literally in there cuz that'd mean I was galactic in size).  

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

JesstheOtaku

Invisible Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:14 pm
why would they do this to Sailor Pluto? Does she get tossed to the side? ahhhhhh!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:39 pm
My favorite sailor scout!! NUUUU  

Kairi Niwa

sosnoel

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:04 pm
I got soo mad at those scientists.
I mean.. come on! It wouldn't be Sailor Moon without Pluto..
Who would be Chibiusa's friend?

SAILOR PLUTO IS MY FAVORITE SCOUT OF ALL ETERNITY!

crying The world can get very cruel..  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:51 am
More importantly, Who's going to tell Sailor Pluto?  

-Sailor Spira-

cruzcorzo

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:49 pm
Nooooooooooo!!!! crying  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:59 pm
there will always be a sailor pluto!  

shorty1587

900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:47 am
Pluto's only been downgraded to a Dwarf Planet. It's because it and it's moon are about the size of the US is wide when placed side by side. It's still a planet, just a new classification.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:10 pm
Ryuondo
Pluto's only been downgraded to a Dwarf Planet. It's because it and it's moon are about the size of the US is wide when placed side by side. It's still a planet, just a new classification.

I thought it was because they found 2 more and they couldn't classify them as planets so they had to down grade Pluto to a Dawarf planet with what ever them named the other two because it was in the same classification of some sort of scientificy thingy.  

-Sailor Spira-

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:30 am

"Some sort of scientificy thingy" is now my favorite phrase ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:25 pm
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo

I thought it was because they found 2 more and they couldn't classify them as planets so they had to down grade Pluto to a Dawarf planet with what ever them named the other two because it was in the same classification of some sort of scientificy thingy.

Scientists have found 44 dwarf planets, this includes some comets and asteroids, in the Kaiper Belt. Mind you, if it's big enough to be considered a dwarf planet, that's a big freaking hunk of ice and rock. Again it's still a planet, just a dwarf planet. Before everything that orbited a star was a planet. Now, after being redefined, it has to have been formed under it's own gravity and has to dominate it's neighbors. Pluto's largest moon, Charon, is half it's size. Again, both Pluto and Charon side by side are roughly the distance across the US. So in planetary terms, they are tiny.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/08/060824-pluto-planet.html  

Ryuondo

-Sailor Spira-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:36 pm
Magical Girl Yossy

"Some sort of scientificy thingy" is now my favorite phrase ever.

Lol, I'm glad you like it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:38 pm
Ryuondo
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo

Scientists have found 44 dwarf planets, this includes some comets and asteroids, in the Kaiper Belt. Mind you, if it's big enough to be considered a dwarf planet, that's a big freaking hunk of ice and rock. Again it's still a planet, just a dwarf planet. Before everything that orbited a star was a planet. Now, after being redefined, it has to have been formed under it's own gravity and has to dominate it's neighbors. Pluto's largest moon, Charon, is half it's size. Again, both Pluto and Charon side by side are roughly the distance across the US. So in planetary terms, they are tiny.

So there are a few more than I thought. Thanks for informing me. biggrin  

-Sailor Spira-

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:47 pm
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo
-Sailor Spira-
Ryuondo

So there are a few more than I thought. Thanks for informing me. biggrin

No prob. Astronomy is a neat subject. As is most science.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff