Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
So......I'm under a tornado watch. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tornadoes---Ever seen one?
  Yes
  No
  Calm down, Tyranny...you'll be fiiiiine. -hands a cookie-
View Results

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 pm
Live without your sunlight...

[ This is my first ever thread in this guild, if this breaks any rules, to which I've read multiple times before doing this, don't hesitate to lock and say so. ]

So yeah, Jefferson County, KY is currently under a tornado watch, our warning just expired 15 minutes ago, and the watch lasts until 1am.
I'm currently a nervous wreck. This is my first ever T-watch/warning since I moved to Kentucky in June. The sirens scare me. eek

I'm from Nevada, where threats such as this were even possible. Sure, I can handle Floods, and major thunderstorms, but being a desert rat--Tornadoes are foreign.

So fellow MADG'ers--What's the weather like where you live? Have you ever been in a tornado's warpath? Do you live in an area where Tornado formations are likely?

Give me advice!

UPDATE: National Weather Service retracted the Tornado Watch Advisory 15 minutes ago. The nine hours of paranoia...Are finally over [-4:13am 10/19/07-]

...Love without your heartbeat...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:14 pm

in Brazil... we don't have Tornados, Hurricanes, Earthquakes, snow u.u
only this killing hot, and summer barely started D;
I never been in a place that had a Tornado watch sweatdrop
only once, when I was in Orlando for vacation, there was a Tornado that almost went to the place we were, but it changed the direction xD

Dictator STD

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:18 pm
Your eyes can be so cruel...

Yeah. The current warning is up for Meade, Harrison and, Owensboro...

But according to the meterologists, the Owensboro cell shifted course and is locked on the 502 area. [ ME ]

I'm keeping an ear out for sirens...but right now, it's already dark and we can't check the sky.

This is the current weather feed.

...just as I can be so cruel...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:19 pm
User Image
`Ugh. Florida has insane heat and humidity, unpredictable rain, and the area I live in might as well be called Hurricane County. =/

Tornadoes are rare here, though. About a month or so ago four tornadoes popped up in Lee County, not far from where I live, and it was on the news for the longest time. It might as well have been a national emergency. =/

Teh Pure

Dictator STD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:23 pm

I have no idea what's the difference between a Hurricane and a Tornado xD

I wish it would rain more here... I live in the most dry city of my country... so it barely rains, good thing is we don't sweat xD
but the skin gets dry and I need to use a lot of lotion ;T

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:24 pm
Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that child be taken, I took him. You cowered before me and I was frightening.

I was in Tampa when I was 10, and we were under a tornado watch, but back then I didn't know what it meant, so I just stayed calm.

According to many websites, the city of Louisville hasn't been hit by a tornado in over 100 years. It rained all day, It's been windy since 6pm...and the sirens went off for 25 minutes about an hour ago.

This is all so surreal to me. @_@

I have reordered time, I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for you! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn't that generous?

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

singull

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:29 pm
I'm in Southeast Alaska.
And the most we have to worry about in our area is flooding [which had never happened on a large scale in my lifetime so far], avalanches, and strong winds.

Right now it's just raining cats and dogs and the wind is a-blowin'. P:
I know if we had our old doorknob of our front door, the door would be flying open. xD;;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 pm

Heh.
Sounds like our old trailer back in Vegas, Boi. Our door was broken because me and my sister love to fight. sweatdrop So it never latched.

Seeing Hikaru Hitachiin in your sig cheered me up a little bit. ^w^

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:43 pm

Well, the current tornado is 24 miles to the southwest of us, dunno which direction is going.

Mom says that if the sirens go off again to run into the bathroom with a blanket. @_@

Why did we decide to move here??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:47 pm
Well in Texas we don't get that many tornadoes.Unless you live in the Northern Part. And there is occasionally tornado watches in the northwestern part of Houston.

But yeah iv been through a tornado. Thankfully it jumped over our house, and was only like 1 minute long until it faded out.

dan d lyon

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:53 pm
Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that child be taken, I took him. You cowered before me and I was frightening.

Dino - That makes me feel a little better. Yet after seeing the movie Twister, my mind is set. ^_^;

Right now, I'm chatting with my ex-boyfriend who is majoring in aviation and knows the skies a little better than I do, and he says the current one is gonna die out, and that the cell in madisonville is being sheared apart.

Whatever that means. confused

I have reordered time, I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for you! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn't that generous?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:06 pm
lol.. I hate tornadoes... back where I used to live in, we had earthquakes all the time...*shivers* scary.. well anyways, I hate it when your watching t.v. and all of the sudden a loud noise comes out of it...!... god it always scares the heck out of me!^^;  

I Chelsea I

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:12 pm

We're running live simulcast on my mom's computer, and the tv is running in the other room.
The worst thing to happen now, is for the cell in M-ville to strengthen again.
It's 9pm. My mom has work in the morning, and none of us are wanting to sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:17 pm
I was in a tornado warning a couple hours ago.
But.. now we're in a thunderstorm warning. Yay. : D

I've been in a tornado's path before. I was in Kindergarten, and
we got a tornado warning, so we had to do the drill and all that fun stuff.
D:
We ended up staying a while after school until our parents came and got us.

I am Word

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:20 pm

Word -- You were?

See...that's plain freaky to me. We were under a warning a couple of hours ago too, but it was for a funnel about 80 miles north of us. --;
that died out, the owensboro, KY is dead and now a T-storm warning, and the M-ville cell is following suit.

@_@ Mother Nature hates us today.

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas