Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Wow ... Fires... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smoke?
  BADD!!!!!!!
View Results

Baka Choy

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:05 pm
Fires from malibu are really big... its affected san diego too... at my school the smoke was really tense that it made it really how outside... including that its really bad for the whole school to breathe the smoke... so anyone affected or just want to talk about the fires or/and the smoke... *cough cough*  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:07 pm
Live without your sunlight...

I hope everyone in SoCal is safe.

Right now I've been under a raincloud for the last 36 hours. I wish I could send y'all the rain.

...Love without your heartbeat...

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

XAmberrXO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:10 pm
'm a pyro but not to crazy about smoke in my face...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:18 pm
It's crazy here right now.

A couple miles down in the other direction towards my college, the sky is pretty clear (at least that how it was this morning when I was there), but in the direction of my home, everything is VERY smoky. The sky is SO YELLOW! And it's very difficult to breathe clean air here right now. I had left my windows open and I got quite a bit of ash in my room.

And last I checked, the firestorms were at 0% containment.  

Norayr
Crew

`Tahirah
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:21 pm
Norayr

A couple miles down in the other direction towards my college, the sky is pretty clear (at least that how it was this morning when I was there), but in the direction of my home, everything is VERY smoky. The sky is SO YELLOW! And it's very difficult to breathe clean air here right now. I had left my windows open and I got quite a bit of ash in my room.

My english professor said they were about 9% or something. But that was yesterday.

Kinda sucks, neh?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:44 pm
Eastlake Woods was under a mandatory evac, and one of my friends live in Eastlake greens, right next to it. I think my area was under a voluntary evac, but I'm not sure. i think i should watch the news. When I woke up today, the ground was covered in ash. The air was SOOOO bad! We couldn't open any windows. If my area was under a mandatory evacuation, I would go to one of my friends' houses. She lives in Coronado, an island just off the coast of San Diego. lucky.....

I don't have any school for the week, though. That means more Gaia. xD  

general glamour

Gracious Gawker

Norayr
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:18 pm
`Tahirah
Norayr

My english professor said they were about 9% or something. But that was yesterday.

Kinda sucks, neh?

Oh… I have no idea. They were talking about it on the news today, but they were just showing the huge cloud of smoke over us. Nothing aside from that.
And I think it was yesterday after class that I checked. Around 2 my time.
So it's possible that they could've done something.

Yea, it does suck. Supposedly we're really low on resources in some of those areas already. And how many places is it again that is on fire now? 9?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:20 pm
arianz93
Eastlake Woods was under a mandatory evac, and one of my friends live in Eastlake greens, right next to it. I think my area was under a voluntary evac, but I'm not sure. i think i should watch the news. When I woke up today, the ground was covered in ash. The air was SOOOO bad! We couldn't open any windows. If my area was under a mandatory evacuation, I would go to one of my friends' houses. She lives in Coronado, an island just off the coast of San Diego. lucky.....

I don't have any school for the week, though. That means more Gaia. xD

Ah, sorry about that, buddy.
I was just thinking of this earlier today. I'd be pretty crazy if the state goes up in flames. But what if?  

Norayr
Crew

Indulge [In Words]
Crew

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:00 pm
Luckily, There are no fires
in my area yet...
But there is an INSANE amount of smoke.
At 2pm this afternoon,
it looked like it was 5pm...
We can't really go outside right now
and stuff like that.

But at least we're still at home.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:29 pm
well right now the skies are clear... but... i will expect more smoke clouds... (i wore a long sleave during the hot day) its sooo hot!!!!!  

Baka Choy

Dapper Dabbler

Pailzor
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:31 pm
I just thought of something....
I really hope we get some rain soon, not just to put the fires out, but because I think we're officially in a drought, and the fires aren't really helping much.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:40 pm

Zor- You're More than welcome to steal the big rainstorm hovering over Kentucky. We're flooded.

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

Pailzor
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:42 pm
Simplistic-Tyranny

Zor- You're More than welcome to steal the big rainstorm hovering over Kentucky. We're flooded.

Blow hard and we'll breath in? ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Pailzor
Simplistic-Tyranny

Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that child be taken, I took him. You cowered before me and I was frightening.

rofl

Will do.

I have reordered time, I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for you! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn't that generous?

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

Pailzor
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:00 pm
Simplistic-Tyranny
Pailzor
Simplistic-Tyranny

Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that child be taken, I took him. You cowered before me and I was frightening.

rofl

Will do.

I have reordered time, I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for you! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn't that generous?

Schweet. Thanks. heart  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces