Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Please tell me everyone is against abortion in this guild! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you against abortion?
  yes
  no
  ive had an aortion NO << hopfully i see 0% on that!
View Results

i_lover_avatar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:35 pm
If there not against it i have alot to say to them because abortion is BAD
pm me if your not against abortion i wanna talk to you, dont worry im not mad i just want to know why your not against it
and ill tell you my reason why i am agaisnt it them we will be even.. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:23 am
Well republican/conservative beliefs tend to make the philosophy that abortion=murder/fetus=life rather than abortion=choice/fetus=nothing so because of that and the fact that conservatives value Christian ethics we come out to be against abortion.  

The Hallowed Mouse

i_lover_avatar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:21 pm
The Hallowed Mouse
Well republican/conservative beliefs tend to make the philosophy that abortion=murder/fetus=life rather than abortion=choice/fetus=nothing so because of that and the fact that conservatives value Christian ethics we come out to be against abortion.

^^ uuuggh i mean i agree and all im catholic and stuffles
but im tired of people thinking that the baby isnt alive yet,... but it is, i mean its MOVING FOR PETE SAKES!and i dont like people killing babies its just wrong i mean there soo cute! i mean if you do itwith someone thats your shoice to have the baby you shouldnt end up killing it and if you think you have no other choice than to kill it your wrong , < not talking to you mouse your cool > you can give it to a foster parent or another couple just dot kill it sad it should live!
thats all i have to say

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:22 pm
I concur, but they fail to realize that. On the Prolife day of Silent Solidarity they tried arguing with me and making me talk, I refused but they said stuff like

'Teenagers should have they choice so they don't ruin their life'
So Teenagers Choice to have sex=Right to murder baby?

'It's a tadpole, not human'
So would you kill a pregnant frog? (of course I know they don't get pregnant)

'Your a guy you don't have to push it out of your womb'
So I can't have the right to defend a life because I'm a male, sexist!  

The Hallowed Mouse

RenFlower

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:46 pm
...Definition of Choice: the right, power, or opportunity to choose; option
It's a basic human right. And I, my republican friends, am Pro-Choice. And democrat...I think...And if the frog didn't want the baby, then yes. Yes I would.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:10 am
RenFlower
...Definition of Choice: the right, power, or opportunity to choose; option
It's a basic human right. And I, my republican friends, am Pro-Choice. And democrat...I think...And if the frog didn't want the baby, then yes. Yes I would.

But would the baby want a life?  

The Hallowed Mouse

RenFlower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:45 pm
The baby cannot want anything, as it has not the ability to think or choose or any other basic human abilities at that point. And I was responding to your siggy...for I don't like the insinuation that if you're not pro-life then you are pro-death...because that's just sick, really. I do not like people killing their soon-to-be children, I wish they wouldn't, but I don't think the government should have the authority to take away the mother's choice.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:29 pm
RenFlower
The baby cannot want anything, as it has not the ability to think or choose or any other basic human abilities at that point. And I was responding to your siggy...for I don't like the insinuation that if you're not pro-life then you are pro-death...because that's just sick, really. I do not like people killing their soon-to-be children, I wish they wouldn't, but I don't think the government should have the authority to take away the mother's choice.

That's a common assumption, and theory, no one can prove whether or not they can think because their brain is/isn't fully developed, no one can tell where thoughts begin to emerge, they say the brain isn't fully developed until age 10... and I recall wanting and needing long before that...
Do you recall being in your mothers womb? I personally don't, but I don't remember life until I was two anyway... We can't justify who can and can't think, that would be saying because a person is a vegetable, let's kill them!  

The Hallowed Mouse

Kira84

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:01 pm
It annoys me when people try to argue that a fetus isn't human--its dna says differently.

Another argument is that a fetus doesn't have the right to be a parasite to the mother. Does that really change much once it's born though? Honestly, most of the arguments for abortion and why it's a woman's 'choice' would do just as well for infanticide. "It can't survive on its own" is another good one, with a fair number of implications, like 'dependents can be terminated when they become inconvenient.'  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:41 am
Kira84
It annoys me when people try to argue that a fetus isn't human--its dna says differently.

Another argument is that a fetus doesn't have the right to be a parasite to the mother. Does that really change much once it's born though? Honestly, most of the arguments for abortion and why it's a woman's 'choice' would do just as well for infanticide. "It can't survive on its own" is another good one, with a fair number of implications, like 'dependents can be terminated when they become inconvenient.'

Yeah, I know what you mean 3nodding  

Mousers09

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:57 pm
I personally think that if abortion is legal it shouldn't be only the mothers' choice. It should be a decision of both parents. Call me sexist or whatever. That's just my personal thoughts on it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:51 pm
Garrett31212
I personally think that if abortion is legal it shouldn't be only the mothers' choice. It should be a decision of both parents. Call me sexist or whatever. That's just my personal thoughts on it.

I think it's sexist to say that it should only be the woman's choice. I mean, it's not just her kid, the father should have a say too.  

Kira84

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:52 pm
Exactly my point.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:09 pm
i_lover_avatar
The Hallowed Mouse

but im tired of people thinking that the baby isnt alive yet,... but it is, i mean its MOVING FOR PETE SAKES!and i dont like people killing babies its just wrong i mean there soo cute! i mean if you do itwith someone thats your shoice to have the baby you shouldnt end up killing it and if you think you have no other choice than to kill it your wrong , < not talking to you mouse your cool > you can give it to a foster parent or another couple just dot kill it sad it should live!
thats all i have to say
Foster care is a shitty way to live. I have a close friend that lives in Foster. he hates it and hates his mom for it. While I think abortion is wrong foster care is not the answer.  

Raidoactive Kitty

Dapper Smoker

11,275 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200

Mousers09

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:38 pm
Raidoactive Kitty
i_lover_avatar
The Hallowed Mouse

thats all i have to say
Foster care is a shitty way to live. I have a close friend that lives in Foster. he hates it and hates his mom for it. While I think abortion is wrong foster care is not the answer.

Foster care may be s***y but it's still you're alive, that's all that matters, he may and I know who say he wants to be dead, but once he's adult life will be better, if he makes the right choices!  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff