Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Manhunt 2: Really that horrible? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manhunt 2 is...
  HORRIBLE! >=o
  kick ashtrays >=D
View Results

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:26 pm
User Image

So I was browsing Youtube and had CNN on and suddenly they began to talk about this "horrible" game called Manhunt 2 that was a series of blood and murderous tactics about an "insane" man in an institution who is trying to regain back his memory or something..and of course, in his path, you must chop, chainsaw and stab people. : D So I searched Youtube and found a FOX NEWS thing.

Well the lady said this game comes right out on Halloween BUT for the fact that is both BANNED in England and Ireland! Craazy. But of course, not here in good 'ol America. For the Wii the lady on Fox News said that you literally have the ability to use the remote and stab your enemy with the same stabbing action as you would in real life. Talk about exercise. O.o
r
So what are your thoughts on this game? Is this really a safe game? Personally to me, it depends on the family and the people playing it. Someone who is mature enough will realize its just a game and not go out and stab people. But then again--we do have some weirdo's. Feel free to discuss "Manhunt" though I'm asumming this is a sequel. Anyone is free to help clarify this, but I just wanted some honest opinions <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBCMZwmKd0k

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:30 pm
Like you said, for some people it would be a bad idea to have.

It sounds fun to me though. whee

Edit: & A great way to get your frustrations out?

x3 thisismysn x3

Deprimo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:36 pm
o.o
Remind me not to get that game for my brother. If he played that game,
and he got angry at something, he would kill me. Literally.
He's an asshhole.
Sounds fun to me, but some people.. would probably go crazy.

&.. Bella is a fudger too?
: D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:41 pm
Sounds fun. :3
I probably won't get it though. =/

It'd be a good way to release some anger. Better to stab someone in a video game rather than real life. 3nodding
As long as someone doesn't start killing people because they saw it in the game. D:  

Oh Snap its Kaitlin

Shameless Elocutionist

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100

Rathmanian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:01 pm
It's not as bad as they made it seem.
:l
It's the same, pretty much gore wise and stuff, and the first one. The only reason it got so much attention, was because of the initial AO (adults only) rating it got due to the wii version, where you move the controllers and literally act out choking, stabbing, and killing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:05 pm
x3 thisismysn x3
Like you said, for some people it would be a bad idea to have.

It sounds fun to me though. whee

Edit: & A great way to get your frustrations out?
I'd be afraid of getting stabbed.  

StrawBerryApple

Baka Choy

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:35 pm
yea but the thing is, resident evil 4 for the Wii was a interactive thing accually... Personaly i have it for the gamecube but do you see me getting a gun a blowing of villager's heads off??? its just that plp think that the game was so awesome that they want to be part of it...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:33 pm
User Image

oh my ******** god ._.

I want it.

User Image

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:02 pm
[Sonic Offline]
User Image

oh my ******** god ._.

I want it.

User Image
User Image

xD

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:41 pm
- The Silent Hostile -
yea but the thing is, resident evil 4 for the Wii was a interactive thing accually... Personaly i have it for the gamecube but do you see me getting a gun a blowing of villager's heads off??? its just that plp think that the game was so awesome that they want to be part of it...

The storyline between Resident Evil games and Manhunt are two completely different things. Manhunt is more of a realistic, psychopath type as opposed to the zombie killing Resident Evil series.

If I was a parent, I wouldn't let my kid get that unless I knew they would be mature enough to realize the difference between reality and video game.

For those wondering, I am not an adult. I'm just 16.  

noiamnotchris

noiamnotchris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:49 pm
For those of you who haven't seen or played the first Manhunt, I found some videos showing the way you can kill people. Very gruesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuhX5AmjuA  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:54 pm
I'll simply say the very thing I tell everyone who believes Video games promote violence.

If someone goes and does a criminal act like those portrayed in a game, then the person was twisted to begin with. Games do not "corrupt" or "influnce" people unless they were already messed up.

I really do wonder why video games are criticized so much for "violence" when there's much more portrayed in movies and even cartoons than in games.

[Noi]

Pailzor
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:00 am
[Noi]
I'll simply say the very thing I tell everyone who believes Video games promote violence.

If someone goes and does a criminal act like those portrayed in a game, then the person was twisted to begin with. Games do not "corrupt" or "influnce" people unless they were already messed up.

I really do wonder why video games are criticized so much for "violence" when there's much more portrayed in movies and even cartoons than in games.

Cuz games are newer and are to be feared by old people.. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:06 am
Pailzor

Cuz games are newer and are to be feared by old people.. rolleyes

-coughtellthattoJackThompsoncough-  

[Noi]

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100