Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Red+Blue=????? [haha whut {updated}] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i have
  too many issues
  (none of them are worth writing about)
View Results

The Splendiferous Rufu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:14 pm
    So the daily prompt for this week is taking two primary colors, their moods/implications, and 'mixing them together,' finding the similarities and differences in their secondary counterpart.
    Critique as you like, but I wouldn't bother being too harsh. I'm barely editing these and they're extremely stream-of-consciousness. Let me know what you think, though. :3
    ---
    Vibrance and sex. Physicality, intensity, and shock colliding.
    A single, guttural, orgasmic scream emanating from the throats of those who can’t speak their truth, their overstimulated senses sobbing with fear and anger. The shaking face of a fat, shiny boss, his bald head splotching. The essence searing its rude way through synapses, charring their walls.
    Insanity; if one with no senses dreamt, it would be first of red.

Rhythm, closed eyes, fluency. Peace, serene thought.
    Delving through layers of consciousness – settling the turmoil there.
    A girl-child laying in a garden, piercing the sky with like-hued eyes. Liquid notes slipping through the tunnels of thought, and circling back and around, spilling from the mouth. The dove-grey light of any droplet and rivulet snaking down a car window, replicating the plains outside, perfect and inverted in their truth.
    When the red fades, blue is there to absorb the wreckage.

<3RUFU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:09 pm
The Splendiferous Rufu
    So the daily prompt for this week is taking two primary colors, their moods/implications, and 'mixing them together,' finding the similarities and differences in their secondary counterpart.
    Critique as you like, but I wouldn't bother being too harsh. I'm barely editing these and they're extremely stream-of-consciousness. Let me know what you think, though. :3
    ---
    Vibrance and sex. Physicality, intensity, and shock colliding.
    A single, guttural, orgasmic scream emanating from the throats of those who can’t speak their truth, their overstimulated senses sobbing with fear and anger. The shaking face of a fat, shiny boss, his bald head splotching. The essence searing its rude way through synapses, charring their walls.
    Insanity; if one with no senses dreamt, it would be first of red.

<3RUFU

It was a bit difficult to stay with. It didn't really seem like you were setting out with a task; almost like that was just randomly congealed there with a tie up to red (I think.)

and also you said "daily..for this week" :p that threw me off for a moment too.

Would you mind elaborating just a little?  

NovaKing

The Splendiferous Rufu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:34 pm
    o.o Sure! xD; Sorry. Er, in my school, we do a daily prompt for writing, with one theme throughout the week. This week, for us, is using or defining colors with words.

And, yeah, I get what you're saying. I don't know - my only purpose was to invoke a feeling of 'red'. So I guess I'll work on that. Thanks. :3

<3RUFU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:10 pm
The Splendiferous Rufu
    o.o Sure! xD; Sorry. Er, in my school, we do a daily prompt for writing, with one theme throughout the week. This week, for us, is using or defining colors with words.

And, yeah, I get what you're saying. I don't know - my only purpose was to invoke a feeling of 'red'. So I guess I'll work on that. Thanks. :3

<3RUFU

%()
(qp)
["]["]

[-shrug-]

[why does your school have a daily prompt for writing? what class is that?]  

NovaKing

NovaKing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 pm
Oh and I say that issues aren't issues unless you can write about them (legally)

cool  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:46 pm
Ah. x3; I go to an arts academy in Chicago. The students spend half of the day doing academics and half learning their chosen art - mine being writing. So we have weekly prompts. :3

And, lol. xD (Shh but I have written about them. o; I'm just not posting~ -selective about her works up for review-)  

The Splendiferous Rufu

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:29 pm
The Splendiferous Rufu
Ah. x3; I go to an arts academy in Chicago. The students spend half of the day doing academics and half learning their chosen art - mine being writing. So we have weekly prompts. :3

And, lol. xD (Shh but I have written about them. o; I'm just not posting~ -selective about her works up for review-)

Wow that sounds fun. Learn anything cool there?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:10 pm
    Yeah, I'm learning a ton. o-o Poetry is coomplicated. Goddamn. And Freytag's Triangle. :3 It's cool.

<3RUFU

The Splendiferous Rufu

lidless_i

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:52 am
I enjoyed that, especially the last line... and poetry isn't really my thing, so I guess that's saying something... yeah.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:49 pm
    Thanks! x3 (yeah, the last line is definitely the best xD)

<3RUFU

The Splendiferous Rufu

Voxxx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:22 pm
The shaking face of a fat, shiny boss, his bald head splotching. The essence searing its rude way through synapses, charring their walls.

That part definitely supported the whole stream-of-consciousness idea, but it still threw the whole thing off. Your use of imagery was fantastic, and your grammar impeccable (yay). As for your subject matter, I can see where sex comes into the equation, but maybe you could focus a bit more on the madness as well?

Good job on the whole.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:46 pm
Wow. Very flowey. But the subject matter confused me, and frankly, I don't wanna know. X.x

Good though. Keep it up.  

KirbyVictorious

The Splendiferous Rufu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:35 pm
    Thanks, Vox & Kirby. x3
    Vox:: I'm glad you think the imagery is good - I've been trying to improve that in most of my writing. And yeah, I'll try to tie up loose ends in the connections. Thanks. :3
    Kirby:: XD Don't worry, I was just relying on the human mind's connection between red and passion/sex. Nothing dirty, really. :3 Thanks. X3

<3RUFU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:04 pm
I looooooove the second one.

As for the first...well, sex never did anything for me. Except concieved me. Meh.

Amendment: My conception wasn't that great of an idea on my parent's part.  

KirbyVictorious

The Splendiferous Rufu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:49 pm
    Glad you liked it! X3 I liked that one better than the first.
    And, yeah I know what you mean. I think I'm partly asexual.

<3RUFU

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces