Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Marie's Classics (Post for The Phantom's Sake) Great Thread!!
If you want to view paradise ... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:42 pm
heart ... Autumn leaves fall and are swept out of sight ...

... then move along, it ain't here.

JK, JK; I just always wanted to try that. XD

Welcome to ... to ... umm ... *checks script* My subforum!
Is that right? Yes? Okay. I'm not sure what's going to happen in this area ((I've got a few plans, but not many)), so we might as well start with the obvious:

I am Marie-Cris, VBS Sheriff of Watumelon. Not Marie-Chris, not Marie_Cris, not marie-cris ((unless on sites where lower case is default, but as Gaia allows capitals I expect to SEE capitals)), not Margaret ((don't ask)). Marie-Cris. I'm very touchy about the spelling / pronunciation of my name ((yes, I use it in real life, deal with it)), so if you spell it incorrectly whilst within my subforum ((I don't expect to ever hear anyone here pronounce it)) I will end up VBSing you out of personal annoyance.

So what is a VBS?
you ask ((or at least, those who don't already know ask)). A VBS is this:

User Image

I know it's old. I don't know who made it; but I like it. And I use it. Sometimes repeatedly. Don't want to be VBSd? Then don't be a git.

Looking forward into the past
I am a veteran of the great Gaian Water War. My mission was to protect the Barton home thread from mindless twits at all costs. To do so, I took the aid of the VBS; there were many casualties. So many that I haven't been able to record them all in the journal entry I made about it, which will probably remain unfinished for all time. Bruised, soaked, defeated, each trundled back to their own forums. When peace was declared the four districts resumed their lives as if nothing had happened.

But many remembered.

One of these was LittleTnCo; a fellow Bartonite. My VBS method had intrigued her, and she offered me the position for the new township she was creating. The war had taken many things, one of which was my job, and so I hopped on board.

And that's how the VBS Sherrif of the Watumelon Gang came to be.

Peering back into the future
These days I flit in and out of town; at least at this time of the year' where it's always hectic for me. I browse to make sure members of the gang keep to the rules. I have become rather lenient in our little home, always willing to give members a good warning and time to ... "repent".

In here you can kiss all that goodbye.

I will be harsh. I will be cruel. I have just figured out one of the things I can put in here. XD I will show my kinder side, of course, but what I'm saying is I'm going to be a lot less lenient about the VBS. This will not apply to the rest of the guild; everywhere else I will be the same understanding "give-em-a-chance" sherrif I have been in the forum, but once you're in my domain you'll submit to my rules.

Speaking of which ...

RULES

1) Don't be a git.
2) Play nice or get lost.
3) Behave.

Pretty clear, isn't it?

Emotion
The Happy Thread | The Venting Thread

These seem to be pretty self explanatory. I have two threads just like it at Unexpected Song ((my outside Gaia forum)) and they work rather well. When members are feeling happy and have some wonderful news they want to share with the world, they post it in the happy thread. When they're sad or really angry and need to vent, they post in the venting thread. Sometimes conversations go off track but it's somewhat therapeutic.

So if you've got something you want to let out, do so here.

The Gaol
One thread will be the the gaol. If you have caused a gaol-worthy offence, you will need to report to the gaol thread, state your username and offence, and if any other detail is needed you can submit that too. You will be forced to spend your time only in that thread until your sentence has been served. If you're lucky - mind this will fall on someone else's misfortune - you may receive a cell mate to talk to whilst serving time. Whilst in my gaol you can bump, scream, kick, and scream bloody murder to release your frustrations. You can also talk to me. Should anyone request to visit you, they need only ask me ((preferably in my comment box)) and I will grant them a one-day access to the thread to talk to you, the prisoner. This access can be used on a day of their choice. Though I cannot stop anyone from seeing you in the gaol, I can delete any unauthorised visitations and might give them a bit of a tap to make it clear.

Phantom of the Opera A.C.R. + Film Petition [Banner Storage]
I've moved the banners to this thread mainly for dial-up users; if they want to get to the quizzes in the main thread they no longer have to put up with the bigger banner pics, and yet if anyone wants to see the banners - old and latest editions - they can see them here.

Reviews
Marie's Album Review | Marie's Book Reviews | Marie's Movie Reviews | Marie's Musical Reviews | Marie's TV Reviews

I've got a lot of work cut out for me, huh? As I've got nothing else to talk about, I might as well talk about things I know. No one has to agree with whatever I say in my reviews; the point of the review threads are not just to share my views but your views as well. Don't like my review? Make a comment, or write one up to share with everyone! Recommend things you like, write about something obscure; you may never know when someone has the same tastes as you!

Stream of Thought
Just a little something I came up with one day a few years' ago ... Better to go there and see it for yourself to know what it's all about.

The rest of the threads? I don't know yet. I am rather partial to music, being a trained classical singer, and I do like drama, writing scriptures and studying "the occult" (("Oh, look at her; she wears black and pentacles, she cast spells, she doesn't believe in God, she MUST be a heathen witch-bride of Satan!" -_- Bloody ignorami)). Also studying things like numerology, astrology ((I'm better at Eastern Astrology though; no expert on the Western Astrology but at least I know parts of it)) mythology and legends and so forth. Yet I don't think any of those threads would be good to put here, as there's already subforums dedicated to such interests.

And I think I've written enough for a test introduction, don't you? At least for now.

Love, Harmony and Light,

~ Marie-Cris.

PS: I don't mind if you ask me questions about myself in this thread, so long as you keep them in good taste. Although the best way to get to know me is to see and read everything on my profile, and / or this ((WARNING: I swear)). I highly recommend that you read these, especially if you don't want to piss me off.

PPS: No, I will not enlarge my text for anyone's sake, I always write in these sizes. If you want to enlarge it on your screen, hold down Ctrl, Shift, and press the + key as many times as you need.

PPPS: Don't PM me. It won't work. For the few that it does ((you know who you are)) just don't. If you do, I'll make a public note of a VBS at you for doing so. Better to talk to me in my comments box.

However, if you really are so desperately unsure about something that you absolutely MUST PM me, PM my mule Marianne Dashwood. Remember, it's still me behind her, so just because she's a bit of a Jekyll doesn't mean you're not also facing Hyde.

... So are the memories of love that we knew ... heart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:37 am

User Image
The Watumelon Gang's VBS List
mickeythebomb12: Rudeness and misbehaviour - BANNED.
demonbever: Using a no-no word - JAILED FOR A PERIOD OF TIME.
xXVampire_RoseXx: Over-quote - 4th Warning.
butterfly93: Over-quote - 4th Warning.
butterfly93: Over-quote - 5th Warning.
Babu23: Over-quote - 4th Warning.
Babu23: Over-quote - 5th Warning.
xXVampire_RoseXx: Over-quote - 5th Warning.
Babu23: Over-quote - 6th Warning.
xXVampire_RoseXx: Over-quote - 6th Warning.
butterfly93: Over-quote - 6th Warning.

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:52 am

Here's a little something to reinforce the fact that I'm at 8th kyu in Shotokan ((I took 07 off, all right? I was at uni!)).

User Image

Image by me.

User Image
Your fate or fortune are results of your own daily attitude.
A person with dreams has hope.
A person with hope can set goals.
A person with goals has a plan.
A person with a plan can take action.
A person taking action can achieve results.
A person with results can make an impression.
A person who has made an impression has the ability to reflect on oneself.
A person who reflects on oneself can obtain the gratification of thankfulness.
A person who has obtained the gratification of thankfulness is then able to dream another dream.
Making harmony with the principals of the universe and nature is the philosophy of Karate-do.

From personal letter from Kancho Kanazawa to Natsuko in July 2006.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to do and show any of the personality-esque quizzes I post here. I did these on my first MySpace account ((which I've barely looked at since I moved to my artist page)) and posted the ones I found interesting. At least that'll be something to do.

PERSONALITY QUIZZES

The Element Personality Quiz
Marie-Cris: Water. [Result here]
Gweener: Metal. [Result here]
ChainsawDooM: Earth / Metal. [Result here]

Find Your Celestial Choir
Marie-Cris: Malakim. [Result here]
Hazumu-san: Cherubim. [Result here]
ChainsawDooM: Elohim. [Result here]

How Different Are You?
Marie-Cris: Abnormal. [Result here]
ChainsawDooM: Weird. [Result here]
Hazumu-san: Weird. [Result here]

/]How Well Do You Write?
Marie-Cris: Shakespeare in the Making. [Result here]
ChainsawDooM: Shakespeare in the Making. [Result here]

Outbreak Survival
Chainsaw DooM: Survivor [Result here]

What Does Your Eye Colour Mean?
Marie-Cris: Hazel. [Result here]

What Type of Beauty Do You Possess?
Marie-Cris: Mysterious. [Result here]
Hazumu-san: Spiritual. [Result here]
ChainsawDooM: Sensual. [Result here]

What Type of Fae are You?
Marie-Cris: Changeling. [Result Here]
ChainsawDooM: Changeling. [Result here]

What Type of Magic Do You Weild?
Marie-Cris: Theriomancy (The Theriomancer). [Result here]
ChainsawDooM: Elemantism. [Result here]

What Type of Romance Do You Have?
Marie-Cris: Dark romance. [Result here]
ChainsawDooM: Dark Romance. [Result here]
Gweener: Dark Romance. [Result here]

What Type of Vampire Are You?
Marie-Cris: The Sensual Vampire. [Result here]

Which Mythical Creature Resides in Your Soul?
Marie-Cris: Gryphon. [Result here]
Hazumu-san: Phoenix. [Result here]
ChainsawDooM: Gryphon. [Result here]

What Queen Are You?
Marie-Cris: Witch Queen. [Result here]
ChainsawDooM: Noble Queen. [Result here]
Hazumu-san: Noble Queen. [Result here]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:19 pm
I have a small question about rules. What privileges do we have concerning commenting current topics? Are we allowed to state our opinions or impressions wherever it pleases us, or would we be well advised to merely keep our mouths shut?

Also, I'm assuming we are not allowed to create topics... although I assume incorrectly quite often. would it be too much of a bother for clarification concerning this matter as well?  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gweener

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:29 am
I love your introduction.
Well done!
And I have to say,
I was a fan of your VBS back in the good ole' Barton water-balloon fight.
Any out-of-line comment by a member of another team... ah, it was sweet justice to see you step in with the VBS!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:09 pm
ChainsawDooM
I have a small question about rules. What privileges do we have concerning commenting current topics? Are we allowed to state our opinions or impressions wherever it pleases us, or would we be well advised to merely keep our mouths shut?

Also, I'm assuming we are not allowed to create topics... although I assume incorrectly quite often. would it be too much of a bother for clarification concerning this matter as well?

No, go nuts; just don't be a git, really. It's freedom of speech so long as you don't harrass anyone and so long as my name is written correctly. If it was my guild I'd let everyone swear like a sailor because I honestly don't give a rat's arse about swearing except for a few words; as it's not, just stick to Lil's swear guide, and the over-quoting rule ... That's about it.

And you can create topics so long as you know what kind of topics should go here; thing is I'm not even sure myself, so so far I'm just putting up random stuff like I would elsewhere.

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:21 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:36 pm

GRYPHON

You are the gryphon! A gryphon is a large creature that is half lion and half eage with immense feathery wings. A gryphon is very fierce and loyal; however, a gryphon also symbolizes independence and freedom. The gryphon is actually multi-facted. The lion half represents ultimate courage, honor, and loyalty. The eagle half stands for independence, freedom, and justice.

Take this quiz!

Quizilla | Join | Make a Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:40 pm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:46 pm

ABNORMAL--Wow, you're really weird! Yes, I did just get back from seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but that's beside the point. You, my friend, are one strange person! Everything you do seems to differ from the norm! Good job and keep on being just what you are -- a freak! lol. That's a good thing, by the way.

Take this quiz!

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:53 pm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:59 pm

User Image
Your romantic style is: Dark romance. You and your lover are both very deep in love, and also you are both very quiet, and you have a gentle nature. You love them more than anything else in the world, even more than your own family and friends. You would do anything for them, and vice versa, even if it means sacraficing your own life.

Take this quiz!

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:08 pm
I always liked it when you VBSed some of the nutters during the water fight. smile
I took one of the quizzes you linked to. It was neat.

Find your Celestial Choir  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:29 pm
PHOENIX

You are the phoenix! A phoenix is a a giant, magnificent bird plumed and wreathed in flame. The phoenix is a symbol of healing and of peace. The phoenix is calm and serene in all things. The phoenix also symbolizes rebirth as this creature is reborn from the ashes of its death during which it enrupts into flame and disintegrates. The phoenix can also be a symbol for faith and for hope.

Take this quiz!  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:30 pm

Hehe thanks; glad you liked the quizzes! I like hunting around for really good ones like that.

Marie's Classics (Post for The Phantom's Sake) Great Thread!!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games