Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
The differences between the manga and the anime Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess Makoto Kino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:50 pm
So I had been watching a couple of the episodes of the beginning of Sailor Moon and I realized that there were some differences between the TokyoPop beginning to Sailor Moon and the anime.
Such as the Princess dies by suicide in the manga and in the anime series they are all alive when they're sent to Earth.
What differences have you guys noticed?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:00 pm
oh man the anime varies away from the manga a few times. it's not that big of a thing, but it's later that it becomes more noticeable. i dont wanna say more than that cuz it might spoil things for you  

aznange139

Princess Makoto Kino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:56 pm
The only series I haven't seen yet is the last one,
I'm interested in hearing the differences from the other ones though.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:01 am

I haven't read or watched any of Sailor Moon since I was a kid,
but just recently I was getting ready to draw some fan art of Helios
when a thought struck me.

Does the Pegasus ever appear in his human form (Helios) in the anime?
Do they even refer to him as Helios, or is he just named Pegasus?

These questions came to me as I was searching for references,
and was only able to find scans of the manga
but no scenes from the anime.

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

XxLethal-SirenxX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:37 pm
Yeah, well the manga, anime and live action varies quite a bit. The characters' personalities especially. For instance...Makoto isn't really boy crazy in the manga and Minako is as dipsy in the live action. In the manga Rei isn't short tempered, self centered and doesn't cares much for men. Her and Usagi barely fight. Other then that, there are just little differences...like names, Ami/Amy, Makoto/Lita...attack names and stuff like that. rolleyes but you still gotta love them both sweatdrop

Oh Yeah...in the anime Helios does turn into human form...I think...he kisses Rini in one scene.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:24 pm
Magical Girl Yossy

I haven't read or watched any of Sailor Moon since I was a kid,
but just recently I was getting ready to draw some fan art of Helios
when a thought struck me.

Does the Pegasus ever appear in his human form (Helios) in the anime?
Do they even refer to him as Helios, or is he just named Pegasus?

These questions came to me as I was searching for references,
and was only able to find scans of the manga
but no scenes from the anime.
Yes he does , I can't remember if she calls him Helios but I think it's mentioned.
User Image  

Princess Makoto Kino

aznange139

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:29 pm
Princess Makoto Kino
The only series I haven't seen yet is the last one,
I'm interested in hearing the differences from the other ones though.

yeah everyone has kinda said everything though. if you haven't seen the last series (stars) then that's REALLY where it changes. like really from the manga. i've seen both the complete manga, anime, and live action series. they're all hecka different.

yeah definitely personality, scene-wise i can't really recall much of that anymore. it's not that noticeable sometimes if you're not looking for it  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:01 am
Question one:

Answer- Yes they call him Helios. However they cut out the part of Mamoru having the Golden Crystal.

Infact, Mamoru's role is greatly reduced. While in the Manga it's balanced more.

Another thing the last season and the last set of the Manga the Stars were finished roughly the same time. Thus there is a STARK difference between the two.

Anime, Manga and Live-action Plus Muscials are all treated as -different- alternate universes due to how they are in Nature.

The Manga is the 'real' Universe of SM.

The Anime is the Alternative of the Manga. It follows for some time but there are differences.

The Musicals are definitely a different world all together by each preformances. It's it's own Alternate wolrds

Than the Live action - which follows the Manga a tad closely but is also an Alternative world.

....Eh, that's how I treat it. They're all seperate worlds from each other.

But the Orginal World is the Manga.

Because the Manga came first.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:11 pm

Wow, everyone really answered me!
Thanks, you guys!
heart

I'm tellin' ya, moonies make great company!

I've never seen anime footage of Helios,
So thank you for posting it, Makoto!
mrgreen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:16 pm
Where do I start? The Stars arc was much, much shorter and somewhat different (having Manga-only characters among other things). It was still good, but just different.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

c. Alluvion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:52 am
Adding on to what others have said, there are also more minor characters-- Naruru and Ruruna, the Cauldron Guardian, Chi and Phi, Lethe and Mnemosyne (sp?), Phobos and Deimos, those Crystal Guardians, many people appearing in Chibi Usa's picture diaries, almost everybody in Conedame: Sailor V...

There's also more fleshing out to the Universe in some respects. We get to see the Galaxy Cauldron, Galaxia's palace at Zero Star Sagittarius, the inside of T*A in great detail, more things on the Silver Millenium, etc. But that's just because there's more space. smile Naoko got to take her time a bit more.

By the way, it freaked me out how different the manga was from the anime the first time I read volume 3... I didn't expect any of those turns, especially since I'd never heard that they were different at all there. O_o It was really great-- It's nice to know that there are things about SM that I never knew at all. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:19 am
what! I never read any Sailor Moon Manga but I didn't know that usagi or Serena commits suicide or are you talking about her mom?  

Pinkmoonflower777

Princess Makoto Kino

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:22 pm
Yup , Serena (when she's a princess in the beginning) commits suicide with a poisonous sword , which is harder then diamond.
It's in the thin manga series (not sure if it has a different name)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:48 pm
The manga is alot more indepth and mature than the anime it has alot more backround on the characters and the timeline.

Such as the fact that Sailor Venus was the "Captain" of the Sailor Scouts(kind of like the captain of the Guard), as well as Serenitys' Kagemusha(body double).

Beryl and Mamoru were actually betrothed.

Usagi wasn't born of a father, but rather, was a Star given human life when Queen Serenity went to the Galaxy Cauldren.

The Generals were Mamorus' Guards and were aware of Usagis' constant visits to earth.

The Amazon quartet are actually Sailor Scouts representing the four largest comets in our asteroid belt and will become Chibiusas' team.

The Sailor Scouts each have a palace/temple on their respective planets.

I could go on but the mind boggles.  

yamisukui

Princess Makoto Kino

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:20 pm
I didn't know Beryl and Mamoru were betrothed , I guess I never got to read that one or that Usagi didn't have a father ,although it makes sense.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff