Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Shut up! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This could totally be
  a say anything song
View Results

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:06 pm
You and your
low-velocity
high-viscosity
Aristocracy
so-called "democracy"

American society
Drunk in its sobriety
Drowning in naivete
collapsing in sereniity

Normalcy
diplomancy
condemning rats
necromancy
the races
racism
sex
sexism
love
hate
every -ist and -theism

Every little flaw
exposed to the smog-blanketed
sun and the
teeming masses
so bent on perfection
That perfection itself
becomes flawed.

SHUT UP!
Who wants to hear your
stupid prattling
petty battling
your mindless fawning
"Your world is falling?!
Oh no!"
OH YES.
You're all going to hell
on a shiny chrome airplane
that's gonna hit so hard
that it plows you nosefist into the dirt
Like the sorry hopeless
waste of air
rotting corpse you are.

Let's make a choice.
Class, what will you do when someone
hands you that first drink?
Say no?
Say yes?
Why, no, of course. The clear path
is always obvious,
it's marked with pretty sparkling lights
and paved with the staaars and the
crunching bones of everyone who
crashed and burned
being idiots like you.

Class, what will you do when someone
Asks for a moment
a smile
a hug
from you
just a moment from
whatever the hell you have to do
Which is more important?
Multiple choice!
a) my job/homework/social llfe/money/drugs/whatever
b) my friend...sorta...maybe I can listen with this ear and concentrate on this other thing with the other....
c) Oh definitely my friend. Definitely. Without a doubt.
d) GOD OR SOME OTHER HUGE DIVINE POWER THAT WANTS ME TO MAKE SMALL SACRIFICES OF TIME AND CASH TO IT AND PRAY INSTEAD OF HELPING OTHERS OR WHATEVER.(back to that one later)

WHich would you choose?
C right?
Yeah. C. Sure you would.
Liar.
WRONG.
YOU FAIL.
NOW GO LIFE YOUR LIFE IN MISERY
because that person you couldn't devote five minutes to
except to mercilessly systematically find and utterly annihilate every last shred of confidence
just because.
Yeah, them?
They're going home
and sticking a pistol in their mouth
because that's the fastest way you know.
Why?
Because
NOT EVERYONE ENJOYS LIFE LIKE YOU DO.
Most of them don't
BECAUSE of you.
No one else is going to pick C.
You're one of 8 billion.
Congratu-freaking-lations.

Yeah, and they're going to hell.
You know what?
YOU'RE going to hell if you think that your god
wants you to find the nonbelievers
paint their faults on their foreheads,
strip them virtually naked in front of a huge crowd
and crucify them.
Hey, that's not in my bible--
well, you know what?
That's what we've been doing since humanity began.
That's what religion has become.
Go on, chew on it
savor the flavor
Does humanity taste good to you?
No it doesn't.
It tastes like shallow,
pointless,
shitty
failure.

Humans?
They're not that great.
Way to seek out every good thing in the world
and totally exploit it.
Go you.
Whoop de freaking do.
So you're human.
I hope you're proud of yourself.
'Cause I'm sure not.

You're doing your best?
You're not part of the problem?
Screw you.
Yes you are.
Imagine me grabbing the world,
crumpling it into an ugly wrinkly crappy little ball
and chunking it at your head.
Did that hurt?
Did that freaking hurt?
Good.

ANd if anyone's got a problem
with this little reality check,
so?
Deal with it.
Because when the good people in your life
drop out of it
one by one
you're gonna see my side too.

~
I dunno where this goes.
Move it if you want. I couldn't care less.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:49 am
tiss easy to be pesimistic isnt it? Just point out all the flaws and then spit on them; thats how it usually goes, huh?

It's only natural, I mean, there are more flaws in our nature than there are working parts, right? You could argue that we're all flaws. You probably couldn't have a human without flaws, it wouldnt make sense.
It would be some abomination that did nothing and said nothing. It would make no mistakes, and therefor find itself accountable for nothing. It wouldn't learn anything, but that's alright, isn't it? Who needs learning when you have perfection?

Im sure you don't want humans to be perfect though, and I'm sure you don't assume that someone needs to suffer loss or hardship in order to realize that none of us are.

Humans are a work in progress. I for one already realize this and do what I can for this on going experiment; despite the fact that I myself stumble through the world, uncertain, and afraid.

There's a lot of uncertainty surrounding all that we do. We are often afraid of moving in fear that we might further compound our troubles. You can see then, why it is so difficult for some people to do the right thing. For what we do may not be right, and may have no pay off in the end.

~~~

There is one thing you can do though...an easy thing... something that requires barely any effort...

I speak of being a friend when you can.

I can't say what the effects will be, but I can say that whenever you do something nice, there's a small chance that others will do something nice as well. Isn't that reason enough?

[It is for me...]  

NovaKing

NovaKing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:56 am
Oh, that poem also had a lovely flow in certain areas, by the way. This passage really displayed your capacity for writing.

Can't say I agree with the message, but I did enjoy it.

Keep up the good work Kirbs.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:12 pm
I wish everyone thought like that, Nova. Bitches.

Yeah, I know no one's perfect. Firsthand experience and all. But the LEAST they could do is AUUUUUUGGHHHH

*dies*

-.-  

KirbyVictorious

Isianya

Aged Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:23 pm
Two words: Snap. Snap.

heart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:57 pm
Jeebus, Kirby. I'm assuming something bad happened? eek

Anyhow, there were a few awkward parts, I believe two simple grammar errors, but overall flowed nicely. If you hadn't been in a ranting depressed teenage girl mood, then all that stuff would have been cleared up anyhow.

Building on what Nova said, I agree that this shows your capacity as a writer. Even when you're extremely pissed off about something biggrin

If you need someone to rant to, my PM box is more than happy to oblige.  

BlackHawkGS

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:26 pm
YES, something bad happened.

Thank you.

If I need to rant abou a hawkish thing, then I certainly will.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:35 pm
For some reason some of this reminds me of the band CAKE and Green Day. Then some other parts remind me of a few other bands. 0-0;

I found this really Awesome, Kirby. A good way to get some your anger out too.

This made me want to just repeatedly stab at the idiotic people I know. >=3 Nyahahaha! Join me?

UsakoTenshi

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:16 pm
HELLS. YES.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:33 pm
UsakoTenshi
For some reason some of this reminds me of the band CAKE and Green Day. Then some other parts remind me of a few other bands. 0-0;

I found this really Awesome, Kirby. A good way to get some your anger out too.

This made me want to just repeatedly stab at the idiotic people I know. >=3 Nyahahaha! Join me?

You and kirbs should watch more warrior movies. Anger never makes you feel better It's far too short and it only makes you sick when it's over. sorrow is the only thing for pain, I'm afraid.

Shed tears till your eyes dry, atleast then your eyes will be clean. It's far better than screaming your lungs out and leaving your throat soar, anyways.  

NovaKing

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:58 pm
That's a lovely philosophy, Nova. <3 I'll save it for the next time I'm all sad.

Which I will be. Meh.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:26 pm
KirbyVictorious
That's a lovely philosophy, Nova. <3 I'll save it for the next time I'm all sad.

Which I will be. Meh.

*huggle*  

NovaKing

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:45 am
wow, Kirby. this is pretty impressive.

this started out really nicely, like slam poetry, but i think you got carried away and the flow fell out somewhere along the way.

passion does such things.

maybe it's pessimistic, but i think as a whole...it's true. i like to believe that people are basically good, but most of them just aren't. it's sad, really, but it's the truth.

this is, however, propaganda. there is no absolute, no black or white. this is black and only black, and thus, propaganda. that's how it goes.

i liked it....kind of. as much as i can like something like this.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:09 pm
in the flicker.

this started out really nicely, like slam poetry, but i think you got carried away and the flow fell out somewhere along the way.

maybe it's pessimistic, but i think as a whole...it's true. i like to believe that people are basically good, but most of them just aren't. it's sad, really, but it's the truth.

this is, however, propaganda. there is no absolute, no black or white. this is black and only black, and thus, propaganda. that's how it goes.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

- Shakespeare

Humans are frightened; thats the only simple thing about them. I have not yet seen nature produce something that isn't.

[We are all with that curse.]

[Disdain fury and have pity on others, and it might catch on. Maybe then humanity will allow for a time when, at the very least, we need not fear each other.] <---- General Statement not directed at anyone in particular.  

NovaKing

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:00 pm
NovaKing
in the flicker.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

- Shakespeare

Humans are frightened; thats the only simple thing about them. I have not yet seen nature produce something that isn't.

[We are all with that curse.]

[Disdain fury and have pity on others, and it might catch on. Maybe then humanity will allow for a time when, at the very least, we need not fear each other.] <---- General Statement not directed at anyone in particular.

not only do i not agree with your shakespeare quote, I also feel the need to add that i feel he's probably the most over-blown writer out there. i'm not saying his works aren't good--they are--but some people seem to think he's got the word of God in his works or something, and it's just not there.

it's a nice quote, it's just wrong in my experience. most people are not nice, not compassionate toward anyone but themselves, and they lie about it. we all have these moments, some more than others.

take me, for example, i am not a nice person, but i do what i say, and i speak my perceptions. most of the time i follow the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" and, thus, if someone is offended by what i say, it's not entirely my fault. i like myself. when push comes to shove, i pull through for people. if someone needs something, i will tend to go out of my way, which, unfortunately, gives me the false impression that most people would do the same.

some will, most won't.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces